• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Emotional Affairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything that is changeable or that causes a change belongs to the physical world and anything that doesn't change or stops the change in the physical world, belongs to the spiritual world. Thus change is the essence of the physical world. So it is possible to define everything as a physical phenomenon as long as we experience them physically.

So the million dollar question is: Are the sublime experiences say, love, actually just the effect of physical activities in the body or are the sublime phenomena the cause of such physical activities?

The answer to the question is which one is dependent on the other? For example
if one is able to induce negative feelings or experiences in a person by acting on the physical body, permanently where he really has none then one would conclude that feelings such as love are the effects of physical activities in the body. Otherwise the converse would be true.

Rather hard to answer your Q but I will give my opinion..we humans are basically Sat Chit Ananda in reality so Ananda a.k.a Bliss is our intrinsic nature.
To experience Bliss surely Love is a prerequisite.
But in our mortal coil may be we havent reached that state of Blissful Love yet and we experiment with all different types of Love we see in life till we can sing Chidananda Roopah Shivoham Shivoham.
So may be its interdependent...we need the the Physical to realize the Subtle and vice versa.
Well thats how we learn isnt it?

Last edited:
Rather hard to answer your Q but I will give my opinion..we humans are basically Sat Chit Ananda in reality so Ananda a.k.a Bliss is our intrinsic nature.
To experience Bliss surely Love is a prerequisite.
But in our mortal coil may be we havent reached that state of Blissful Love yet and we experiment with all different types of Love we see in life till we can sing Chidananda Roopah Shivoham Shivoham.
So may be its interdependent...we need the the Physical to realize the Subtle and vice versa.
Well thats how we learn isnt it?

Dear Renuka,

I fully agree that the physical experiences are only for learning. But I don't think there is any interdependence but only different stages of development of the sublime. Thus in one whose spirituality is sufficiently developed the question I posed I think will be answered in the negative i.e., it is not possible to really induce such physical experiences. Here you are trying to superimose the physical reality upon the higher spiritual reality. In advaita this is a copybook case of maya in action.

Dear Renuka,

I fully agree that the physical experiences are only for learning. But I don't think there is any interdependence but only different stages of development of the sublime. Thus in one whose spirituality is sufficiently developed the question I posed I think will be answered in the negative i.e., it is not possible to really induce such physical experiences. Here you are trying to superimose the physical reality upon the higher spiritual reality. In advaita this is a copybook case of maya in action.

well thats just my opinion..dont know if i am right..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back