• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Argumentative & too emotional - are Indians tough to work with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your post, which i take in good spirit.

And you are not the forum appointed policeman advising the members what to post and what not to post. I wrote what was perceived by me, if you dont feel so, then it is fine. And .please stop giving unsolicited advice

I am not an apologist for the NRI brigade.

I did not tell you what to post or not post, my dear.

No, I am not a cop here - But when a post has a stench of small mindedness creating ad hoc divisions when it does not exist I will point out in the future also.

In a global forum such as this one is respected for their knowledge not based on where they live.

I am mostly disappointed at myself though - after reading one or two of your posts I thought 'here is someone who has something I can learn from'. Your posts in this thread tells me how wrong I am, and in my mind 'one more bites the dust'

I am not an apologist for the NRI brigade.

Sorry I could not let misinterpretation of the word apologist go without clarification.
Apologist:
a person who defends or supports something (such as a religion, cause, or organization) that is being criticized or attacked by other people.

You defintly are not NRI apologist. You are the opposite of it, you are the attacker-in-chief of NRI persons in this site of late, and the hatred shows.
So check the definition in dictionary.
Apologist - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I thought I will bring in a little 'shastra' into this thread, just for fun sake!

In Jyotish, the Naisargika karaka for Atma, Sun, is supposed to be the giver of a strong will and when in excess, can give a native egotism. Perhaps in our tropics where Sun scorches through 6 months of the year, and remains a not-so-dormant force through the remaining, the natives are born with a little 'excess-ego', stubbornness, and argumentativeness? :)

As I said already, I am just kidding (as I am one of the native of the tropics too). :)

I thought I will bring in a little 'shastra' into this thread, just for fun sake!

In Jyotish, the Naisargika karaka for Atma, Sun, is supposed to be the giver of a strong will and when in excess, can give a native egotism. Perhaps in our tropics where Sun scorches through 6 months of the year, and remains a not-so-dormant force through the remaining, the natives are born with a little 'excess-ego', stubbornness, and argumentativeness? :)

As I said already, I am just kidding (as I am one of the native of the tropics too). :)

OH-OH
You have incurred the wrath of the natives, even if you claim you are one.

You are firangi for these NRI-haters
[h=3] It's slang for "foreigner", (In India especially when it was under British rule). It has a derogatory meaning. [/h]

OH-OH
You have incurred the wrath of the natives, even if you claim you are one.

You are firangi for these NRI-haters
It's slang for "foreigner", (In India especially when it was under British rule). It has a derogatory meaning.

Yes, Prasad ji, so 'backward', nah? It feels like living in the 1850's when Indians supposedly called those who crossed the seas as 'untouchables'! :deadhorse:

A little brush up of indian history, even south indian history will clarify some doubts. Indians including brahmins have crossed seas for trade and exchange of culture. Everyday we are getting new additions to untouchables.

Yes, Prasad ji, so 'backward', nah? It feels like living in the 1850's when Indians supposedly called those who crossed the seas as 'untouchables'! :deadhorse:

A little brush up of indian history, even south indian history will clarify some doubts. Indians including brahmins have crossed seas for tra Everyday we are getting new additions to untouchables.

Even in Treta Yuga we had sea crossing Brahmins..Ravana used to cross the sea daily to do Shiva Pooja at the Himalayas.

I hope PM Modi's vision become a reality that 'Made in India' becomes synonymous with Highest standards of Quality and Integrity. This will improve the living condition of large number of people living in poor and unorganized sectors since many companies in the world would want to set up places in India not just for cheap labor but for high tech work.

A small number of today's generation of people in India (whose thinking is shaped by colonial bureaucracy and by their embracing corruption as a way of life) have created a negative perception in the minds of those wanting to do business with India. These perceptions are easily addressed with by the newer generation of Indians which will help India reach the vision that PM Modi has.

I am unable to understand the kind of thinking that led to bashing NRIs in this thread. Very silly!

Last edited:
I hope PM Modi's vision become a reality that 'Made in India' becomes synonymous with Highest standards of Quality and Integrity. This will improve the living condition of large number of people living in poor and unorganized sectors since many companies in the world would want to set up places in India not just for cheap labor but for high tech work.

A small number of today's generation of people in India (whose thinking is shaped by colonial bureaucracy and by their embracing corruption as a way of life) have created a negative perception in the minds of those wanting to do business with India. These perceptions are easily addressed with by the newer generation of Indians which will help India reach the vision that PM Modi has.

Media has been reporting both the positive and negative traits in the present government set up. But there are a few news reporter Rambos in this forum who think it is their divine duty to cut paste ONLY the negative reports and brand all things as RSS/VHP brigade.

I am unable to understand the kind of thinking that led to bashing NRIs in this thread. Very silly!

That may be because you may not be paying much attention to the jobs of the cut-paste posters. In fact it is a good thing you choose to ignore such stupid posts.

But unfortunately when the forum is flooded with such silly posts in some cases ONLY silly reply can be an antidote.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back