• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Eggless Cake Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
After eggless, I needed sugarless, then I needed it wheatless.
So I ended with iddly. lol

Good site.

idly is the purest food, i think that has ever been invented. it does no harm.

it fills. it nourishes.

it is good for the man who just had his surgery, as for the woman who has just delivered a baby.

no trans fats. no oil.

the calories in it warm the body and give the strength to sustain, till we have the next plate of idlis.

can be had with sambhar, chutney, molagppodi, sugar & ghee or plain steaming hot.

jai idli :)

Renu, is so beautiful.. so I guess Kunjuppu sir, this is an automatic reaction for a man huh??? I am just kidding.. she is pretty and what comes to my mind are my daughters... again that is a mom for you.. :)

would you believe, last night I was thinking, it should be nice to open a thread for recipes and I found your site for eggless cupcakes.. I did not like the fact that I had to use eggs, so I taught my children how to make cakes with adding a bit of soda, yogurt and sometimes apple sauce, they came out quite good.. later, I tried to find cookies that did not need eggs..

Does anyone know how to make those yummy 2" diameter cookies, which just melts in your mouth. it is available in bakeries, is not packaged.. please get me the recipe.. :)

Thanks for the wonderful recipes Renu. I used to make eggless cakes (mostly chocolate) substituting eggs with condensed milk but it breaks easily. Here in London everyone is like ahh come on its only eggs so i do use eggs but am not happy. So now i'm going to make the plain vanilla cake for Diwali and cupcakes for Halloween (instead of buying sweets, we can give out the cupcakes to the trick/treaters!) :)

Thanks for the wonderful recipes Renu. I used to make eggless cakes (mostly chocolate) substituting eggs with condensed milk but it breaks easily. Here in London everyone is like ahh come on its only eggs so i do use eggs but am not happy. So now i'm going to make the plain vanilla cake for Diwali and cupcakes for Halloween (instead of buying sweets, we can give out the cupcakes to the trick/treaters!) :)

You know last week I tried to make one eggless cake from a chinese vegan book I have and it was a total disaster!!!
Today I am planning to follow the recipes in this eggless cake website.Hopefully it turns out.
BTW today my dad is making Murukku and he makes real well.And I cant wait for my mum to make her famous Matti.

I will paste the Matti recipe here taken from Fasting Food: Matti [Mathri] Holi Recipe

Maida [plain flour] – 2 cups
Ajwain– 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Warm Oil – 2 tbsp
Oil for deep frying

Method of Preparing Matti

Add warm oil and salt to the flour and mix well. Add sufficient water and make smooth dough. Make small thin rounds on your palm and prick both sides with fork or knife. Allow to dry for 10 minutes.
Heat oil in a pan and fry the Matties, till it become pale golden color. Drain on kitchen paper and allow to cool. Fill in an air tight container.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back