• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Does science find truths?

Dear Shri Vaagmi,

Spirituality has helped me achieve the following:

i. The most provocative actions and words cannot make me angry
ii. The most seductive woman cannot allure me
iii. I have never experienced fear

Can science and technology help you achieve these?

Spirituality has helped me achieve the following:

i. The most provocative actions and words cannot make me angry
ii. The most seductive woman cannot allure me
iii. I have never experienced fear

Can science and technology help you achieve these?

Dear Sravna,
1. The most provocative actions and words do not make me angry either. What more, I return the anger in equal measure in a well directed effort to achieve the goal of making the other person see reason. I do not get in the grip of anger. And I do not subsribe to spirituality either.

2. The most seductive woman does attract me. But I am aware that I have been attracted and that gives me confidence and happiness in dealing with the situation to the logical and natural conclusion. At the end I am happier.

3. I have experienced fear but I take control. And I come on top invariably. Fear is a natural first response in a complicated process. Nothing wrong about fearing. To discount fear is foolhardiness. And that is not good.

Hope you perceive.

The focus of spirituality is to bring one's emotions and desires under control. I hope you understand the importance of doing that.

I will talk more about creating objective knowledge through spiritual concepts in the coming posts.

Scientists are used to getting pat on the back for their purported intelligence. When someone points out that they cannot take so much credit for that the believers in science get irked. This pulling down of other disciplines as fake can no longer be done especially when there is no basis except empty assertions for that.

Scientists are used to getting pat on the back for their purported intelligence. When someone points out that they cannot take so much credit for that the believers in science get irked. This pulling down of other disciplines as fake can no longer be done especially when there is no basis except empty assertions for that.
What is your fear of science, or any other material ideas?
You claim material success by spiritual means. Somebody already pointed out the fallacy of your reasoning.

Science is a tool created by humans to help them interpret the outside world in a language commonly understood by all of us.Humans depend on it for survival. Also the commonly understood medium of science is useful for mass transmission of our learning to others. Like all tools,science can be useful in a context-ie within the limits of our sense organs.
Can something which cannot be explained scientifically, exist in reality? Are other forms of life like plants,animals etc use science as we call it today?Understanding the limits of a tool and it's contextual relevance makes it realistic.Can this make us humble and still searching instead of making final conclusions ? Earth which was considered flat at one time ,was disproved as we went along our scientific journey.

Is science useful? Surely yes.Is it's findings final? Maybe not.

Latest ads

Back