• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Does god just like it hot?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BostonSankara

OK so just a funny observation but... Why is it that Southern provinces of nations (from America to India to Russia to Thailand) always seem to be the centers of religion? I really have nothing to add other than the fact that I see it ALL THE TIME kinda cool and hard to justify all at the same time!

People settle down to live in a friendly climate.

Who will love to live in Alaska and even if one does,

how long can he live there?

So wherever man settles down the religions are born and grow.

So naturally whichever climate suits man also suits God!

OK so just a funny observation but... Why is it that Southern provinces of nations (from America to India to Russia to Thailand) always seem to be the centers of religion? I really have nothing to add other than the fact that I see it ALL THE TIME kinda cool and hard to justify all at the same time!

Simple the South is the Hot Seat.. the Muladhara Chakra.
Spiritual Evolution starts from the Muladhara Chakra and finally rises up to the Sahasrara Chakra where one's mind is cool like snow.

So whether its Dakshina Moorty or Avalokiteshwara...its all starts with a southward direction.

God is beyond the pairs of opposites like
the cold and the heat,
the good and the bad,
the truth and falsehood,
the likes and dislikes.
Man is not yet beyond these pairs of opposites.
So he transmits his own likes and dislikes to the image of God.

I think in addition to being South the area where religions or more appropriately metaphysics flourished the area of settlement happened to be "plains" and not rocky hillock types. This provided for agriculture (and in plains like India - crops twice in a year) and this freed the mind to ponder on things other than just next meals or saving oneself from wild beasts.

Excepting for the fact that India is capable of growing crops twice in year and feed itself, it would be impossible to sustain the population of India within its geographical area and Indians would have migrated to other areas 1000s of years back.

I agree with Mr. Zebra's pov.
In olden days it was Bihar as the kingdom of Raja Janak a pious and just ruler.
Bihar is also the birthplace of many religions, including Buddhism and Jainism. It is also the birth place of Guru Govind singh the tenth sikh guru. I would not call it southern state.

It also was the birth place of two great dynasties the Muryan and Gupta which was the first time we had Bharat varsh.

Wherever the South is always well or thickly populated. Man has problem with himself and his likes. More atrocities are committed there. Hence religion will find a happy ground there. Many incarnations have taken place here. Many saints have appeared here. Yada Yada hi dharmasya...... It is not over yet. The job is vastly incomplete! The people of the South are tough guys. Maybe the Providence has a plan up his sleeves. Nobody takes "the end of the world in 2012" seriously. Thick-skinned people and God has a real time with us. Wish He only wins!

BostonShankar,
Similar to your observation a town planner observed that most well planned and affluent side of town is to the west of downtown. This forces the traffic to drive into sun coming and going. There was no rhyme or reason for this phenomenon except in the west coast.

Even more striking is that all religions emanated from east, even though all industrial wealth comes from the west.

Last edited:
Ha ha! So true! But to paraphrase an old saying.... The Devil is far more interested in idle hands than temperature :-D

I thought the entity who likes it hot is the big "D". Or is that a Judeo-Christian myth?

As per Vastu Shastra South (Dakshina)- is the Source of wealth, crops and happiness...Look at Mumbai, Chennai & Delhi...The southern parts have the maximum wealth

South of What? Every place is south of some other place.

Except for the north pole, which by definition is north of every place... :)

Then I wonder why Santa Claus stays at the north pole? As a religious figure he should be staying at the South Pole and drive a sleigh pulled by penguins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back