• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Does Astrology Work? | Sadhguru

Sadhguru Explains Astrology and Horror Scope (horoscope)​

Sadhguru, a yogi, mystic, poet and visionary humanitarian, is a spiritual master with a difference. His life and work are a possibility for each individual to experience the peace and joy that pervades the core of every human being. It is Sadhguru’s vision that every one receives ‘one-drop of spirituality’, allowing them to transform their lives and take their destiny into their hands.

Let me talk logic too. Let us take any inanimate object let us say a stone. We have control over its destiny and not vice versa generally.

I would think just as Sadhguru says everything exudes reverberations which I would call spiritual energy. The extent varies considerably. Whether who is in control depends on who exudes more powerful energy just as Sadhguru says.

Take earth for example. It is considered inanimate but has the potential to give birth to life as intelligent as human beings. It is out of earth such intelligence is born. We are in fact products of earth. Also it is sensible to conclude that earth is more in control of us than we are in control of it. So if earth can patently create life and control them, can we discount the capabilities of other planets? They may have different potential, that of contributing to the capabilities of earth because all the planets in the solar system are in great harmony.

They may well be influencers of life on earth and if we are able to detect the subtleties may well be seen as controlling our destiny. So does that mean everything is predetermined and we have no control over our life? I don't think so. The extent of control we exhibit depends on how much we are in sync with nature. Otherwise the nature will definitely control us.

I respect Sadhguru because he gives reasoning to his assertions. I find most of them very plausible and coherent. But I also think planets plays a great role in our lives and we need a concerted and rigorous study to understand their spiritual capabilities.

If one understands that spiritual energy has the ability to create life and intelligence one can understand how the spiritual energy of earth created various life forms including humans. Regarding the influence of moon and other planets, moon is definitely said to influence mind and that is what Astrology basically says about moon. As I said we need a lot more serious study to try to validate astrology than do studies trying to debunk it.

Anything based on intuition alone we dismiss as pseudo. That should not be our approach. Mind and brain are incredible parts of self. Just as we use sense organs to perceive external world, mind and brain can perceive the invisible or the intangible. If sufficiently large number believe in something there is probably credence to it. We need to investigate objectively and find the truth.

Everything is about frequency and wavelength. Truth also have wavelengths. Deepest truths are at highest wavelength and our mind needs to operate at that wavelength to understand them.

I believe knowledge can be high frequencies or high wavelengths. Scientific truths belonging to the former and holistic knowledge to the latter. Spiritual truths are high frequency and high wavelength, with high frequencies knowledge in sync with one another giving rise high wavelength too.

Karma however is the ultimate decider of one's destiny. One's horoscope just reflects that. Our composite karmic energies sync with the composite energies of the planets at our time and place of birth. This suggests the interconnectedness of reality. There are values added in the horoscopes. They can predict and also shed insights into our past lives and help us to be better prepared as otherwise we do not have any clue about our karmas.

To understand and accept spiritual systems one has to believe in the existence of God. We can prove that existence of an ultimate spiritual entity which is God is essential for contradictions free development of knowledge.

Lets see astrology like a full body blood test screening.
It can tell us about our current health, risk factors and some amount of our future health and also past average blood sugar levels, past infections etc.

Knowing the detail report, we make healthy choices, take medication if needed, exercise and diet modification to prevent future risks.

So to some extent our medical status is our genetic make up( cant really change much) but our present day health is very much in our free will and we can make choices as to prevent the risk factors from expressing itself.

Whatever which is inevitable we would need to face it and get treatment or if its incurable then mortality is the only certainity.

But at every stage we have " free will" to countereact the genetic risks factors..so we can play a safe game if we know how to move about the ups and downs of our health.

So why not apply the same thinking when dealing with the science of astrology?
Though I am not into it as to have blind faith but those who believe in it should treat it like a scientific chart but its not evidence based because error is high depending on the astrologer.

So just use it with caution as a guide if one desires but free will should always prevail.

Latest ads

Back