• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Divorce rearing its ugly head among Tambrahms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Renu,

The stigma seems to be less in tambrahms and it is surprising to me!

In my extended family, two boys and a girl have re-married, within months after the divorce!

Can you believe it?

Good..they marry fast after divorce.
Thats ideal but out here men who are divorcees themselves only want to marry virgins.

So its hard for a female divorcee to get remarried..if she has a child..she can forget of remarriage..not easy to get matches here.

I am glad to hear that India seems progressive.

stigma is a thing of the past now!

tb girls and boys of current generation do what they think is right.

they don't care what others, especially old generation, think.

they have broken out of the orthodox shells their parents caged them in.

unlike our generation, they mingle freely with others.

we were meekly subservient to our parents' imposition of tb customs, rituals, traditions, mentality, mindset on us.

but current generation tb youngsters don't. they think liberally. they politely decline and firmly refuse to subject to any imposition upon them.

why tb, 'b' itself is an uncivilized term for them.

we have to magnanimously appreciate their progress.

I have seen tb d-i-l's freely moving around inside their houses with just shorts and t-shirts on, in front of their f-i-l's let alone m-i-l's. stranger than this, f-i-l is insensitive as if she were his own teenage daughter whom he had raised pampering.

their attitude is, 'this is how I was in front of my parents. this is how I will be wherever I go'.

Give me a break please...most of us Hindu women dont wear shorts and T shirt at home no matter how modern cos its not practical if any visitor were to come home.

Mostly wear cotton nighties at home or also wear Kaftans..its a batik design long covered garment.

Only very young girls who havent come of age wear shorts and t shirt.

Even men dont wear shorts ..mostly wear loose long pants with T shirt.

Good..they marry fast after divorce.
Thats ideal but out here men who are divorcees themselves only want to marry virgins.

So its hard for a female divorcee to get remarried..if she has a child..she can forget of remarriage..not easy to get matches here.

I am glad to hear that India seems progressive.
Dear Renu,

Not as progressive as you imagine! Men don't want a divorcee with a child!

Both the boys of course married virgins and the girl also got an unmarried man for her second innings. :)

All ends well that ends well. Parents are also happy.

Moral: It is better to get divorced before a baby is born. :cool:

Dear Renu,

Many mAmAs in Sing. Chennai have started wearing half pants and T'shirts while at home or while going out for walk /shopping!

I also see some girls on roads, without any under garments. Skin colored leggings with short kurti / T'shirt is the hottest fashion! ;)

almost every tb broken marriage were arranged after matching horoscopes.

how long are we going to rely on horoscopes matching, to find the right life partner?

most tb youngsters don't believe astrology, yet they are forced into arranged marriage.

I suggest, orthodox parents need to discredit themselves, assume responsibility for tb divorces, mend their ways and do the repair. else more tb divorces would follow.

Last edited:
almost every tb broken marriage were arranged after matching horoscopes.

how long are we going to rely on horoscopes matching, to find the right life partner?

most tb youngsters don't believe astrology, yet they are forced into arranged marriage.

I suggest, orthodox parents need to discredit themselves, assume responsibility for tb divorces, mend their ways and do the repair. else more tb divorces would follow.

I did get married with horoscope matching. My mother did believe in it. I personally do not have any faith in the horoscope.

But marriage arranged or love marriages end up in divorce. Earlier the couple tried harder, the values were different, women had no options, the society looked at divorce differently.

So there are no easy solutions here.

I did get married with horoscope matching. My mother did believe in it. I personally do not have any faith in the horoscope.

But marriage arranged or love marriages end up in divorce. Earlier the couple tried harder, the values were different, women had no options, the society looked at divorce differently.

So there are no easy solutions here.

agreed, among divorces there are arranged and love marriages as well.

among tb divorces arranged marriages are more and tb-boy-tb-girl love marriages are an insignificant few.

divorce itself is being opted as a solution to end irreconcilable differences among couples who discover they can no longer live together as husband-wife.

in yester-centuries tb-wives were conservative, suppressed their emotions, succumbed to harassment by in-laws fortuitously, made themselves emotionally numb, sobbed within and completed their journey on earth just to keep the family fabric intact.

21st century tb-wife is no longer the timid, excessively modest woman. her attitude is 'either give respect and take respect else divorse'.

Last edited:
.......... 21st century tb-wife is no longer the timid, excessively modest woman. her attitude is 'either give respect and take respect else divorse'.
Very true!

Also, most of the moms of tambrahm girls are more arrogant than the girls.

My friend gave the best solution to tolerate the arrogance of d i l:

1. Consider your d i l as your daughter and never ever blame her for anything! :cool:

2. Consider your son as your son in law and be happy when he :hail:s his wife!

:peace:

Previous generations:

Husband will :argue: and :wacko: the wife but wife will :tape:!

Modern generation:
Couples will :argue: and :fish: each other and then :bolt:

When I was unable to post a reply to Sravna Sir, I copied it in my note pad. Here it is:

Since in most of the families at least one member of the family is earning well, everybody feels he can have his way because

of financial freedom. Nobody wants to listen to others and accept or analyze one's mistakes. Misunderstandings only

get magnified and not resolved. Added to this, the discrimination of women in the yesteryears is striking back with a

bang. So no wonder we see many marriages ending in separation and divorces even after a short period only.
Good obervation, Sravna Sir.

Financial freedom is what everyone wants. But seldom ladies put their earnings in 'general' expenses!
gTXfpFaoDkWH9EHstF7WvEpRdObCyl6Flbc72zlE9aPK4pJPnIz4g63MtDOxm1F_R1X0h2dntBaDF2xZfQfnrGfKhz7RCeyE644=s0-d-e1-ft

The man of the house is supposed to support the family and the money earned by the woman of the house is 'her' money.
CLfC9YeBAvhaVntLO3pW2L7ZzHnITTs_yl3uMNbdSjqdBR7QMtyE-zFhLsKx7ObpcY5CISilnBoaW0VlrQXXe84cp1HlgzkUwAsa2hA=s0-d-e1-ft

But, I have also seen a few mAmAs, who used to hand over their salary packet to mAmi and she will be the F A of the house.
Z-vVEuB3WusIyqZERG3X47Q4aEwzMRgw9JHwcO5CEPpiTq8EI6R9WRuUC9bMMCZ_pQPqRaLDklwOvJxF-qsdf64RzREVq7ZhUErL=s0-d-e1-ft

Mutual caring and sharing ONLY can save any marriage. Now a days, youngsters appear to be more selfish and self centered.

There are good girls around who need appreciation. In my extended family, a girl pays the EMI for their house, which is nearly

50 K; her husband is a free lance advt. producer and gets huge money off and on. They lead a very happy life and have two kids.

His dad is no more and mom lives with them and takes care of the kids.
wIuFeJw3S2ylwyatcUlT45aJh-xTMz5vbZn3QcvuX8LqAwp1ChNZDHDx_KXuQV9zuNR3VfFXWF8NqZABqwNJO9XcLk7aBFBPWi0=s0-d-e1-ft

do you sincerely want to prevent tb divorces? do you seriously desire tb divorces to cease?

quit treating your d-i-l as an unpaid glorified servant.

quit imposing your orthodoxy on your d-i-l.

treat your d-i-l as your own daughter. mere lip service would not suffice. it has to be demonstrated in spirit and practice.

grant your d-i-l every liberty and freedom she enjoys in her parent's place. grant her more if possible.

make her feel more at home in your house than she felt in her parent's house.

make your home a heaven to her.

she has to sincerely, honestly testify of you from the bottom of her heart, saying 'my m-i-l loves me more than my mother loves me. my m-i-l loves me more than she loves her own daughter'

when she visits her parents, she has to feel home-sick and return as quickly as possible to your house.

set a precedent for other in-laws to follow. let it begin from your home.

sounds challenging, isn't it? do it. you have no other choice if you want tb divorces to cease.

I have truly witnessed with my own eyes, non-tb m-i-ls demonstrating such love for their d-i-ls.

when non-tb m-i-ls could do it, tb m-i-ls could do it better.

Last edited:
Dear Gnanam,

It is NOT the mothers in law, who are the cause of divorces, in most of the cases. :nono:

It IS the difference is opinions between the couples that lead to the divorce.

Please note this point.
icon3.png

Seldom parents in law live with their son.

The freedom need NOT be given to girls of these days; they TAKE their freedom. :whistle:

Men can never think of dominating the wife, like their fathers and fore fathers did. :whip:
SO.......... Be submissive to the wife; if she is good she will treat her in laws well; otherwise - just grin and bear it! :peace:

These days it is no longer kanyadhanam at marriage.

It is puthradhanam by boys parents.

Most educated well earning boys end up as slaves , the girls grabbing his salary and using him for house work in the name of gender equality.

They thrust their own parents on him and try to make him ghar jamai.

Marriage has ceased to be attractive for TB boys.

They are better off single and distributing their seeds all over the place.

Life is now made up of temporary liasons and one night stands.

When both boys and girls are economically self sufficient, individualism is primary for both.

Both want to do their own thing.

One can share only limited things.

Both want to be autonomous.

Marriage can only be a light bond to be broken at will.

Why regret it?

We came into the world alone and no one will join us when we die.

Dear Gnanam,

It is NOT the mothers in law, who are the cause of divorces, in most of the cases. :nono:

It IS the difference is opinions between the couples that lead to the divorce.

Please note this point.
icon3.png

Seldom parents in law live with their son.

The freedom need NOT be given to girls of these days; they TAKE their freedom. :whistle:

Men can never think of dominating the wife, like their fathers and fore fathers did. :whip:
SO.......... Be submissive to the wife; if she is good she will treat her in laws well; otherwise - just grin and bear it! :peace:

agree in part.

instances such as you have mentioned are very few in number.

m-i-ls can can go that extra mile and demonstrate their love for their d-i-ls, being a model for others to emulate. that will go a long way in keeping intact the family, preventing the family from fragmenting in parts.

Most educated well earning boys end up as slaves , the girls grabbing his salary and using him for house work in the name of gender equality.

you have exaggerated a bit.

even if such a situation becomes common, the tb parents would be responsible and they will have their own selves to blame.

agree in part.

instances such as you have mentioned are very few in number.

m-i-ls can can go that extra mile and demonstrate their love for their d-i-ls, being a model for others to emulate. that will go a long way in keeping intact the family, preventing the family from fragmenting in parts.
Mothers in law are all tamed now!

In fact, my friend confided in me that we are the worst generation of females - got scared by m i l and now by d i l !! :fear:

Howzaat?

A bit of exaggeration, Krish Sir!

Well placed tambrahm boys DO get good matches within community / outside our community.

They can't enslave the better half, as their older generations did. They are mostly submissive, to save the marriage.

Some girls are arrogant but most of them are nice. They expect the hubby to share the house hold chores.

But their sincere affection is ONLY shown to their parents.

Now a days, it is better for the parents to stay away from their son's family, to have peace in life.

In fact, my friend confided in me that we are the worst generation of females - got scared by m i l and now by d i l !! :fear:

Howzaat?

appeal turned down by umpire!

your friend could have retained keys of the front door and rear door.

Last edited:

Recently I got a whattsapp post which said:

A father would become father-in-law
Mother would become Mother-in-law
Son becomes son-in-law and daughter daughter-in-law
similarly Brother become brother -in- law
sister, sister-in-law
Like that what would a Wife become?..

And the answer was she is THE LAW

Recently I got a whattsapp post which said:

A father would become father-in-law