• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Did you know that...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I have been dragged in, I want to clarify certain things and will stay put.
I really did not want to do it, but I am being forced to respond.
Whether they make sense to people concerned or they feel otherwise is not by concern at the moment.

Of course, just like the majority, my first reaction to the episode was a shock, sympathy and some anger that caused disruption and
trauma to an individual and a genuine feel of concern and worry was there.
But I did not expect that this episode would continue like a mega serial with no additional inputs or insights but only a replay.
There was nothing sought from the public here,except trying be stay in the limelight. I know I am alone her and all these will
be discounted, but I still express what I see.

There was absolutely no trauma on the 3rd day, as the post events just prove. Some one watching the clock and the minutes after a
trauma and making it appear a great feat to be reported and discussed and one who claims to be very practical and daring in life,
should be open to some taunts and feedback about things after they have subsided. If this wasnt the case, the individual should have just closed it amicably and have had private exchanges with those whose opinions matter.

It is the first time that I have come to hear that talk of pottu and gold are considered insenstive. Offering these to qualified
women are considered saubhagyam and in current world, not offering it to unqualified people is considered insenstive, so I
completely fail to understand the purport of the message.
Further if this type of message is considered insenstive, I wonder what level of insenstivity the individual had, when repeatedly
some context was brought here perhaps with a view to taunt some discussion on it.

#4196 26-sep-2012 07:20 AM
The worse things is he asked me to remove my clothes to see if I was hiding any money.
I only removed my lab coat and told him there is no money on me anymore and I was praying to God that he wont strip me fully.
#4231 26-Sep-2012 02:49 PM
One of the scariest moments was he asking me to remove all my clothes and he wanted to do a body check.
I prayed so hard to God that time for the robber to change his mind and the robber only removed my lab coat and did not proceed further.
You know most woman would have tried to defend honour when asked me to take off clothes but I did not fight back.
I removed my lab coat first and then kept reciting the gayatri mantra in my mind to make sure the robber does not
ask me to remove everything.
He then said he wants to feel my body.
I consented cos the sword was at my neck..but yet again I saw him back off and he didn't touch me.
I had to be very careful...you see I can still survive a strip search cos life is not lost but I dare not fight back
so soon cos the risk of me losing my head was really high.
Surely, my insensitivity if any isnt much worse than what the individual has been trying to describe.
Of course the majority here except another mature member would disagree.

As far as your comments on Limits are concerned, as mentioned I used it with a conscious and ofcourse some amount of anger.
I used the same or similar message I saw one of your fan/friend use it to a more conservative and orthodox woman in this forum.
I did not see either you or anyone else raising any objections. When viewed against the above drop I see no harm in its usage.
When you say something, it is with an open and liberal mind, and when same thing is given back - it is stretching limits? So be it.

I feel I have explained and rest myself clear and clean in my intent.
I have no interest in discussing this further and will provide no further justifications
or clarification nor respond to any comments.

Dear members,

I am not responding to some persons opinion here cos as I said I wanted to end this but looks like some still want to drag in on and on.

My silence does not mean that he is right or he is wrong but its just that who the heck cares what he thinks anymore.

May be I just have a different mind set from someone else and anyway I am done with this topic.

In my highlighted words in the post above I was just relating the stressful moments where I risked losing my life and also a sexual assault and with constant prayer to God I acted wisely and the attacker too backed off.

I do not feel it was insensitive.Every line I wrote was the Truth.I was relating how Gayatri Mantra helped.

I am not asking anyone to take sides or even judge this..you are all free to say anything anyone wants.

To me I already know what I wanted to know and that is all that is important.

After that whole episode I have learnt to value life more and not take life for granted cos we will never know what might happen tomorrow.

So for me its say as you wish..at the end of day God was at my side that's enough for me.

Last edited:
I am now more than convinced that the thread starter/ owner is right in expecting a decent participation sticking to the main focus of the thread. Derailing the thread is not good; a separate thread is preferable, especially if the person wants to post tens of messages.

I am now more than convinced that the thread starter/ owner is right in expecting a decent participation sticking to the main focus of the thread. Derailing the thread is not good; a separate thread is preferable, especially if the person wants to post tens of messages.

Dear Sarang,

Your point is taken..a new thread has been started.

Smt Raji,

I completely understand what you say. But I request you humbly to also please consider this: Your dear sister has also provoked people many many times during her stay here. So it is not only one way please.

Dear Amala,

Did you ever think why I wrote the 'saptapati' to her and again added one more to make it 'ashtapathi'??
icon3.png

Anyway, I do not wish to take part in any more of 'postmortem'. (
* informal meaning, please!)

P.S: From 'The free dictionary':

post·mor·tem(p
omacr.gif
st-môr
prime.gif
t
schwa.gif
m)

n.

1. See
autopsy.

2. * Informal - An analysis or review of a finished event.

Yes I know you did. I am also more than aware of what post mortem (both literal and metaphorical meaning) thank you.

Dear Tmt RR

What is Saptapathi ......... " Seven Husbands " ?

Yay Yem

LOL!!

7 Khoon Maaf (Saat Khoon Maaf), (Hindi: ७ खून माफ़ या सात खून माफ़, English: Seven Murders Forgiven) is a 2011 Indian black comedy drama thriller film directed by Vishal Bhardwaj, starring Priyanka Chopra in the lead role of Susanna. The film is based on Ruskin Bond's short story Susanna's Seven Husbands,[SUP][3][/SUP] and features several male leads in the roles of the husbands.Naseeruddin Shah plays the oldest husband, Neil Nitin Mukesh as the youngest husband, and John Abraham, Irrfan Khan, Annu Kapoor and Russian actor Aleksandr Dyachenko play the others. The seventh husband is a mystery that the viewer will find at the end of the film.[SUP][4][/SUP] Susanna (Priyanka Chopra) is a femme fatale who goes on to kill all her husbands.[SUP][5]
[/SUP]

Wikipedia

I am mature enough to know that this forum friendship is different form real friendship!
And, I am happy to have got a few real good friends, after joining this forum. :grouphug:

Thanks to Sri. Praveen! :)

Did you know that?

When 'dear' is missing while addressing a person, it implies a lot!! :spy:

For the past few weeks..I am unable to understand what is going on TB forums.. None of the topics/ misunderstandings/

fights are understandable to me.. I am just thinking whether I have joined a wrong place or I am yet to get up from my

slumber..!!

TVK

.......... I am just thinking whether I have joined a wrong place or I am yet to get up from my

slumber..!!
Dear TVK Sir,

Because of your keen effort, I could get a few good friends from this forum.
I too wonder how :fencing: is a forte for many members here!

I have also started to think like what you have written above!! :dizzy:

Reference post#1819:

points to ponder:

1). Keeping alive the spark of hatred =
going on harping on the issue which is best forgotten even after the affected parties have patched up amicably.
2). Definition of WENCH ............. and react appropriately.
Those who read the above post and are familiar with the conversations in the thread "Think it Over" will themselves understand as to what a pathetic attempt the post is to defend a hasty action taken in the past. I wanted for a moment to react sharply and answer the post referred above point by point. But I deliberately choose not to do that. Those who are wondering what is happening here, please refer to the thread "Think it over" which has been closed and locked by Sri Praveen. The post # 1819 is an attempt to keep the topic alive in the "Did you know that....?" thread. I am fed up and I give up. God bless you Madam.

Cheers.

Will the cooler heads prevail.
Dear Mrs. RR ji,
We lost your sister, I would like you to stay.
I do not know whether you consider me as your friend, but I do.

Dear TVK Sir,

Shmt. Raji Ram,

I hope, at least you will not leave the Forum or would not be forced to leave the Forum...Through your presence I can some what have a feeling that, I can still find Shmt.VR's presence in this Forum.

Dear TVK Sir,

hi RR madam.
what is happening here....i dont understand....what happened to VR madam?,,,is she left the forum?.....i can't see the

Think it over thread....is it removed? closed?.....

hi RR madam.
what is happening here....i dont understand....what happened to VR madam?,,,is she left the forum?.....i can't see the

Think it over thread....is it removed? closed?.....

Shri tbs,

Your are "Johny come lately" :)

You should be happy that you didn't happen to go through all the disturbances in this Forum. Because, if you would have gone through may be you would lose your interest too to participate in this Forum.

Shmt. RR,

You are well aware that this Forum is Maya and can not be considered as one's extended family. Here there are no friends and no enemies. All we see here is the message that's been posted and these are the messages that reveals to us what is what and who is who. We all are our own better judge to identify and to relatively classify.

So, please don't feel disheartened by thinking that, may be you arrived to a wrong place. You should be happy that you are still unaffected and needless to say, you know that you can remain unaffected.

We are very much in the right place. And we truly have some fine people here, already exiting and many to appear in future. All we have to do is, to identify and fix up in mind as what is worth responding and what is not. This is what, I have started to think now!!

<edited>There is absolutely no need to call out people. Have a problem, deal with it via private messages or emails. DO NOT USE THE FORUM to fight and show off your ego!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shmt. RR,

You are well aware that this Forum is Maya and can not be considered as one's extended family. Here there are no friends and no enemies. All we see here is the message that's been posted and these are the messages that reveals to us what is what and who is who. We all are our own better judge to identify and to relatively classify.

So, please don't feel disheartened by thinking that, may be you arrived to a wrong place. You should be happy that you are still unaffected and needless to say, you know that you can remain unaffected.

We are very much in the right place. And we truly have some fine people here, already exiting and many to appear in future. All we have to do is, to identify and fix up in mind as what is worth responding and what is not. This is what, I have started to think now!!

hi ravi,
after a long more than 4 yrs here in this forum....i got many friends and enemies....i dont care ....im not affected this Maya,,,,

now a days i never read many threads....i reply very limited.....i dont want any controversial topics like god /caste/ etc....

i believe in god....i strongly believe in my caste....i believe in my rituals....my culture....sometimes im too conservative

in belief....but i dont care abt others in these views....i like my varnashrama dharma....i practiced or not...its upto me...

i never and ever enter any controversial topics against my conciousness....i feel like that....

சூரியனை பார்த்து நாய் குறைத்தால் யாருக்கு நஷ்டம்.....அது மாதிரி தான்....

Last edited:
Good Day,

I have been visiting this forum and the posts of certain members are really trolling and spoiling the threads preventing the readers from getting the intended message of the posters. This happens in almost all of the forums except the too religious ones. There are people who do this and it makes them happy. Also one person might have several IDs and also influence other people to use their ID and so on. It depends on what extent a person would go to achieve his/her goals. Some go for any extent. If a person is banned, he/she might post with a different ID and start all of it again. So there is no practical way to prevent the trolls on internet from posting and spoiling the threads.

But I personally would not want any members to quote this and reply to this message. It is just a humble request. I don't like to go with an online fight with unknown people because I am having enough issues in my life already. I suppose the best way is to identify the trolls (whom an individual considers trolls based on his/her opinion) and not personally quote and reply to them anymore. Of course the thread will be spoiled anyway and the readers don't get the intended message of the poster but that is something unavoidable and arguing only keeps filling the pages.

Thanks and I would not write anymore on this thread.

Did you know that??

I have decided not to quote and personally respond to any post with my views and opinions, posted by the following members -

1) Renuka
2) Amala
3) Brahin
4) Prasad

I will not be quoting the posts of these people in future. I still would pass on my comments, views and opinions, in general, based on what is been posted by above 4 members, in general without addressing to any of the forum members.

I would continue to quote the messages of other members while sharing my views and opinions.

If need be, the above four members can (if at all they choose to) address me while disputing or countering any of my posts. But my response to such posts would not be in the same way, addressing the person and quoting his/her messages, if at all I choose to respond.

I have openly expressed the above, so that people here should know what is my mental make up and how my responses in future would be.

The above may sound rude. I apologize for that. But, I prefer to declare now itself so that people can have a better idea of how am gonna be in future.

Some people may find this as my vengeful and bitter personality. But, I just don't care. When a member can call this Forum as Samshaanam, I too have my dignity to not to pretend liking every one in forum and be in disguise.

I was liking all before the latest nasty incident and was in my best to honor, respect and love all. But seriously can not any more.

Dear Ravi,

What a relief to see this.

Wow today I need to celebrate..finally I am free from indirect post and all sorts of unwanted indirect comments..spiced with words like "Off Course! Exactly! and You are missing the point"

But I know you too well...you will still go on your indirect method of commenting on other people's post.

Anyway I am not making any Public Statutory Declaration that I won't be dealing with your future posts.

Some other members here and I also do not see eye to eye but if there is a relevant post where I might want to agree or disagree I would still participate.

Hey but wait a second..I think I too must make some sort of Public Declaration.

I (Rat Avatar) on this day 4th October 2012 at IST 06.25 hereby solemnly affirm that I will deal with all members of the past,present and future without any sense of discrimination.
I will deal with everyone in the best way known to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back