• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Diabetes - The slow killer amoung Indians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
பாகக்காய் பாகற்காய் Bittergourd, Karela, Momordica charantia

It has modest "Hypoglycemic Effect"--but does NOT control "Clinical Diabetes mellitus"--Type II(NIDDM).

I have mentioned about our Study in a new Thread -"Naaval Pazha Vitthu" (in Tamil)in Food and Recipes.

Sri. Somayaji, Greetings.

Bittergourd may not control type 2 diabetes. It doesn't help to lower the blood sugar level. But it works in much much better way. It actually helps the pancreas repair itself so that it can naturally secrete more insulin. Bittergourd doesn't affect the symptoms; but actually helps cure the cause. Of course, it can happen only slowly and also in a slow scale. We shouldn't anticipate miracles.

Bittergourd really works.

Cheers!

Diabetes

Raghy:-(quote) It doesn't help to lower the blood sugar levels . But it works in much much better way. It actually helps the pancreas repair itself so that it can naturally secrete more . Bittergourd doesn't affect the symptoms; but actually helps cure the cause. Of course, it can happen only slowly and also in a slow scale. We shouldn't anticipate miracles. (en-quote)

Dear sri.Raghy sir,-Namaskaram-

"It doesn't help to lower the blood Sugar level"=> Marginally it does help.It brings about marginal Hypoglycemia

But DM is a Syndrome.--Hyperglycemia("Kaantekshu Rasa Thulyam"-Susrutha--"Ikshu Rasa Sankaasam"-Charaka) -Poly Uria("Prabhootha Moothram"- Charaka)-Poly dipsia-(Trishna--Madhava Nidhaanam)--Polyphagia(hunger)--"Eeshat Picchilam-Aavilam=(Urine)"Turbid & slimy".
"Abhidhaavanthi Pipeelikas Cha"=we did a little study on this--but did not complete.

It actually helps the pancreas repair itself=> is there any experimental evidence.?

so that it can naturally secrete more Insulin .
=actually Pancreas does NOT produce Insulin.On Pancreas there are certain dots (Pottus) which are called "Islets of Langerhans"(Endocrine Glands)--Histologically they are of two differnt kinds of cells-Alpha & Beta.--Alpha produces a Hormone called Glucagon and Beta produces Insulin=> a 55 Amino-Acid protein(Sanger)

DM Type II (formerly NIDDM) is very complicated subject.In many Type -II people Insulin may be Normal (Immuno assay)--But "Insulin Resistanse" may be High.Insulin getting attached to Receptors (Tyrosine Kinase,which mediates Tyrosine+ATP=>Tyrosine PO4) may be impaired. Secondly almost all Hormones (Perhaps save GH--I do NOt remember) are Antagonists to Insulin,including its Step brother Glucagon (Duryodhana and Yudhishtira)--another Insulin Enemy is "Insulinase"-a plasma Cathepsin which quickly destroys Plasma Insulin.--So body Insulin has to act against so many Enemies--it is the complication in Type-II--Our group feel some of the Ayurvedic Oral HypoGlycemics may be Insulinase Inhibitor--we have No evidence--it is just a conjecture.

I AM A TYPE-II D.M.!!--I TAKE MET-FORMIN 500mg -B.D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really thankful for the valuable inputs being contributed towards this topic as it
would give a head way to many. I only generally know that Diabetics is not good, it takes time
for the wound to get cured, etc. One has to be careful particularly with food habits, etc.
Further if not controlled, early, it will have severe and long term effects not only physically
but it also tells upon the life of a person. Further, it can also cause severe complications
on the important organs like heart, kidney, etc and can also cause nerve diseases.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

The following are the earsays regarding controling of diabetic.
1. If we put some ladies finger (raw) cut in to pieces and put it in to a glass of water. It should be kept in the fridge over night and the water only should be drank in the next morning with empty stomach.
2. While cooking rice the water should be drained after the rice is cooked. Preferebly boiled rice is to be used.
3. There is one baba called chattisgarh baba in chattisgarh (madhya pradesh) who gives some kind of powder stirred in camel milk. If we drink for one or two times it reduces the diabetic drastically. For some people it cure diabetic also.

If any member has ventured on any of the above kindly post their experience.

I can confirm that brisk walking in the morning for atleast an hour reduces the sugar level by 80 to 100 grams. I have tested the same and I am doing regular brisk walking in the terrace if not daily atleast 5 days in a week.

Is it true that walker (a machine ) advertised for diabetics has real effects and reduce sugar levels. If any member has experienced the same and is working on it and confirms that it really reduces sugar levels I am interested to purchase the same.

If you are uncontrolled diabetic please follow your endo-chronologists advice first.
You may try other "alternative" methods in addition, but please do not expect miracles. If it happens you can be pleasantly surprised.
But if you ignore your doctors advice, then you and your family members are in for a nasty surprise.

Diabetes is not new to India. Some one said, saint Ramanuja died due to diabetes. In Vedas we found references. It is due to Liver and if we activate liver and strengthen this we can save ourselves from further damage!

We stay in A/c room 20 hrs a day, work in A/c room, travel in A/c car., sleep in A/c room. We stay away from nature! so nature wish to stay away from us.

We follow europien culture in India. Europe has Diabetes so Indians do have.

Try to live in Indian style! so that nature protect us.

If we give up creature comfort and live in poverty and ignorance, we could be in bliss and die young, or live for ever (chiranjivi).

Last edited:
If you are uncontrolled diabetic please follow your endo-chronologists advice first.
You may try other "alternative" methods in addition, but please do not expect miracles. If it happens you can be pleasantly surprised.
But if you ignore your doctors advice, then you and your family members are in for a nasty surprise.

Sri. Prasad, Greetings.

Unfortunately, not all the endochronologists have up to date information. There was one endochronologist who asked my wife to go on insulin regime. She was not willing to do it. This guy, she says was obses and was also on insulin. When my wife challenged his advice, all he had to say was " I am also on insulin! Eat what you like and take insulin!" My wife said she was furious! Of course she doesn't take insulin; controls it with metformin and very good diet control. I am so much conscious of her diet, if we plan to go out, I always make sure she gets plenty choices; and I always cook with her diet in my mind.

Try to avoid insulin as much as possible. Body develops insulin resistance quite quickly.. then the control becomes a constant struggle.

Cheers!

Sri. Ramanathan, Greetings.

Is it true that walker (a machine ) advertised [COLOR=#da7911 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#da7911 !important][FONT=inherit !important]for [/FONT][COLOR=#da7911 !important][FONT=inherit !important]diabetics[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] has real effects and reduce sugar levels. If any member has experienced the same and is working on it and confirms that it really reduces sugar levels I am interested to purchase the same.

I knew one lady with type I diabetes. Her insulin control in her body was quite fragile. If she walks even just a KM, her blood sugar level would drop like stone. So many times I use to watch her on my way to work.. straight away I used to prepare hypoglycemea management preparations... most often than not she would walk in with her BSL like 3.0 mmol/L or lower.. Yes, walking would drop blood sugar level. It doresn't have to be any special machine.. just walking anywhere would do that trick.

Cheers!

Sri. Prasad, Greetings.

Unfortunately, not all the endochronologists have up to date information. There was one endochronologist who asked my wife to go on insulin regime. She was not willing to do it. This guy, she says was obses and was also on insulin. When my wife challenged his advice, all he had to say was " I am also on insulin! Eat what you like and take insulin!" My wife said she was furious! Of course she doesn't take insulin; controls it with metformin and very good diet control. I am so much conscious of her diet, if we plan to go out, I always make sure she gets plenty choices; and I always cook with her diet in my mind.

Try to avoid insulin as much as possible. Body develops insulin resistance quite quickly.. then the control becomes a constant struggle.

Cheers!

Sir you are a reasonable man with scientific background. So I do not have doubt that you can challenge your endocrinologists.
I am not going to defend any ignorant person. For average person, advice from a professional, if available should be followed. Or you can get a second consult.

I believe that exercise and diet is very important to maintain your life, but I am not ready to accept that as cure for all chronic conditions. I am not trying to disprove VEDA or our Ancient remedies.

Sir you are a reasonable man with scientific background. So I do not have doubt that you can challenge your endocrinologists.
I am not going to defend any ignorant person. For average person, advice from a professional, if available should be followed. Or you can get a second consult.

I believe that exercise and diet is very important to maintain your life, but I am not ready to accept that as cure for all chronic conditions. I am not trying to disprove VEDA or our Ancient remedies.

Sri. Prasad,

I agree with you. You made a very good point. It is always better to get a second or even third opinion before committing to insulin regime. More often than not, insulin regime is a one way street. Once started, very hard to stop it. it just goes on and on throughout the life span... You made a very valid point when you said second opinion.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back