• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dhevasam and Amavasya Tharpanam - Restarting Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wish to do Amavasya Tharpanam, Dhevasam and other thithi karyams for our parent.
The practice was discontinued after 1st year Varushabdigam and not done for the last few years.

The doubt is :
- Can you start doing the rituals from next month straight away ?
- Or, is there any "Re-starting Procedure" after discontinuing such rituals ?

We have been advised to do :
- a Homam first at Kashi / Rameswaram for doing thithis for pleasing SEVEN previous ancestors (we dont know beyond 4 ancestors)
- then start with doing a total of 36 Tharpanams in a year (Amavasya Tharpanam, Monthly Thithi Tharpanam, Malayapaksha Tharpanam etc)
- Fasting to be observed on all these days and no outside food (tea coffee also) - Before and also After the Tharpanam day for "all" the family members
- and then do varusha Thevasam

Having discontinued the procedure due to lack of proper guidance, we wish to start the procedure in a proper way.
But the advise seems a bit out of budget and impractical.

Need the advise of learned people who can guide us the proper, but practical way of starting this process.

Please Contact and have Consultation with Chandra Sekara Sharma ji ,who is in Rameswaram.

He is an expert in doing Sangalpa Pooja and all Tharpan Related Rituals in Rameswaram.

You can quote my name also.

You can reach him in his no is 94432-05289.

We wish to do Amavasya Tharpanam, Dhevasam and other thithi karyams for our parent.
The practice was discontinued after 1st year Varushabdigam and not done for the last few years.

The doubt is :
- Can you start doing the rituals from next month straight away ?
- Or, is there any "Re-starting Procedure" after discontinuing such rituals ?

We have been advised to do :
- a Homam first at Kashi / Rameswaram for doing thithis for pleasing SEVEN previous ancestors (we dont know beyond 4 ancestors)
- then start with doing a total of 36 Tharpanams in a year (Amavasya Tharpanam, Monthly Thithi Tharpanam, Malayapaksha Tharpanam etc)
- Fasting to be observed on all these days and no outside food (tea coffee also) - Before and also After the Tharpanam day for "all" the family members
- and then do varusha Thevasam

Having discontinued the procedure due to lack of proper guidance, we wish to start the procedure in a proper way.
But the advise seems a bit out of budget and impractical.

Need the advise of learned people who can guide us the proper, but practical way of starting this process.

Shri/Smt getmusic,

Please don't take my comments as offensive; I am being frank.

I am not able to believe that the rituals like "thevasam and rituals" were "discontinued" because of "lack of proper guidance". To me it looks as though you had to discontinue for conscious reasons. If this is true, then you may as well restart these as and when you like without seeking any "Re-starting Procedure". If your conscience pricks you at times, you may consciously ask for pardon to whichever God you pray to. This is my suggestion.

Dear Friend

As for as i know there is no specific rules for restarting of these rituals. I f you want to start doing tharpanam, devasam etc
(Pithru Karmas) do it as per your family system. For all omissions there are pariharams which you can do as per advice of your family priest.Please do not wait for doing pariharam for starting the monthly &annual pithru karma

I think there may be a need if doing a thila homam in rameshwaram!!. also consult good astrologer too for any existing pitru dosha. do remember that thila homa is allowed only once in a lifetime .. ensure that no more breaks in pitru karyam ...
Thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back