• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Daily Dose Of Interesting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Renuka,

I found steppers put too much load on my knees... may be I was not doing it properly. Stationary bikes have different load settings. It can be really challenging on higher loads. My wife shed few kilos quite quickly on the bike. Light weights are really good. Gives a nice shape. When I was young, I used to do it. Walking is really good. I found swimming was much better.( But I get muscle cramps). Everyone tells me rowing is very good; we will find out soon. I just started doing it. But i don't do enough at all.

Cheers!

Dear Renuka,

I found steppers put too much load on my knees... may be I was not doing it properly. Stationary bikes have different load settings. It can be really challenging on higher loads. My wife shed few kilos quite quickly on the bike. Light weights are really good. Gives a nice shape. When I was young, I used to do it. Walking is really good. I found swimming was much better.( But I get muscle cramps). Everyone tells me rowing is very good; we will find out soon. I just started doing it. But i don't do enough at all.

Cheers!

I will give you a workout tip.
Hanging around the same machine for some 30- 40 mins cardio workout will be boring...so I usually machine hop.

10 mins thread mill
10 mins stepper
10 mins bicycle

so we wont feel bored and I keep songs on also..as I said before I hear all ashtakams/bhajans/chantings when I work out so that I work out both mind and body and also increases memory of prayers.

without giving ultimatums and setting deadlines!!! :)

Dear VR ji,

Guys are get out of shape as they grow older!LOL

So don't worry..both will look fat eventually if no exercise and life style modification is done.

Many people are always asking my husband why he still has a good body even though after many years in marriage.

They don't know that I keep a close watch on his weight gain and make sure he exercises so we both remain slim and trim and healthy.

It's good for husband and wife to motivate each other to remain fit.

Tummy???:decision: punching ball???

Dear Renuka,

Getting out of shape is common for both guys and ladies. After 50, guys start loosing their muscle tone and the tummy starts to get flabby. I put on few kilos after I gave up smoking. My daughter loves to punch on my tummy every now and again. She reckons my tummy is still not flabby yet. If we maintain the muscle tone, it won't bcome flabby very soon. But it is much easier for the guys to maintain the muscle tone in the earlier years. But in the later years, girls can actually develop a much better muscle tone by rowing and similar total exercises. My wife has a friend who is a weight lifter! The social worker here is young girl who is a cyclist; her frame is thin and taut like wire. ( cycling is a very good exercise too. Burns calorie quite fast. One of my patient is an exercise enthusist. He actually converted his regular bike into an exercise bike, set it up in the middle of his lounge).

Cheers!

Tell me how you find time for all your activities??
Do you really have 48 hours per day
or does the time flow slow for you?

But if you worked out regularly somehow muscle tone remains good.
I love exercise machines....I sort of collect them but I use them regularly.
I do not like to use stationary bikes all that much..it does not work you out as much as a thread mill.
steppers are also good..it works up the heart rate fast.

On days where I need a low impact work out.. I use my walker..its almost zero impact on joints.
I love weights..not too heavy though and I do not lift anything that might increase intra abdominal pressure cos for a woman one might need to take care..cos it might lead to uterine prolapse.

Last edited:
images
........:decision:........
images

Whom will Mr. Raghy resemble after a few months???

Dear Renuka,

Cheers!

I wake up at 6am..work out from 6.15 am till 7.00 am on most days.
Then when I am cooling off I prepare a simple meal for my lunch and cut up all fruits for consumption in the later part of the day.

Then have a bath around 7.30 am and get ready for work.
Have breakfast from 8.00am till 8.10am while watching some sitcom on TV.
Leave for work around 8.12am reach work at 8.30am.

Start work at 8.50 am till 8.30pm on mondays to fridays.
Saturdays I work 8.50am till 1.00pm.

In between seeing patients..I study my sanskrit and typing in forum.

Sundays and Public holidays I do not work but those days I use to clean up the house fully.
On Sunday mornings around 7am I go to gym too.

I sleep around some 11.30pm.

Last edited:

Dear Mrs. Visalakshi Ramani,

It is strange that this question is asked by a veteran in time management like your good self. In fact I used to wonder how you set apart your time for various activities you attend.

Warm Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Sir,
Pranaams.
My time table is as crowded ad Dr. Renu's but with a different set of tiring activites-both mentally and physically.
I guess my spirit gives me energy since surly I won't be getting it out of the frugal wheat based meals I eat.
I know the value of time management and that is precisely why I could appreciate Dr. Renu's extraordinary outputs and you could do mine.
Thank you :pray2:
with warm regards,
Visalakshi Ramani.

So you were in the right spot ( amidst greenery)
and the right time (determining the angle of the Sun's rays)
to get this amazing photo. Thanks for posting it in the forum :)

Dear madam visaji I have brown hair so it tends to look goldenish when sunlight fall on it. This pic is in india only of 1 ashram i visited.

The electric chair was invented by a Dentist!
The first alarm clock could only ring at 4 a.m.
Originally, BMW was an Aerospace Engine manufacturer.
Thomas Alva Edison patented almost 1,300 inventions in his lifetime!
It takes six months to build a Rolls Royce…and 13 hours to build a Toyota.
First four countries to have television: England, the U.S., the U.S.S.R., and Brazil.
To have your picture taken by the very first camera you would have had to sit still for 8 hours

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Source : Google

# 130. Believe it or not

Koalas and primates are the only animals with unique fingerprints.

Humans, apes and koalas are unique in the animal kingdom due to

the tiny prints on the fingers of their hands.

Studies on primates have suggested that

even cloned individuals have unique finger prints!!!

Cool since even if humans were cloned at some point of time

in the distant or near future, they will still be

unable to impersonate one another!!!
:)

Recap # 14.

Alexandrite.

Alexandrite is the color-changing variety of the mineral species chrysoberyl.
It is one of the birthstones for June. Alexandrite is said to enable its wearer to foresee danger.

The most sought after alexandrites are a lovely green in daylight or fluorescent light, but change to red or slightly purplish red in the incandescent light from a lamp or candle flame.

Abundant alexandrite deposits were first discovered in 1830, in Russia’s Ural Mountains.
Those first alexandrites were of very fine quality, and displayed vivid hues and dramatic color changes.

The gem was named after the young Czar Alexander II, and it caught the country’s attention because its red and green colors mirrored the Imperial Russian flag. Now most alexandrite comes from Sri Lanka, Brazil, India, Tanzania, and Madagascar.

The newer deposits contain some fine-quality stones, but many possess less precise color change and muddier hues than the nineteenth century Russian alexandrites.

Alexandrite has a hardness of 8.5 on the Moh’s hardness scale, and has excellent toughness.
Alexandrites are typically transparent and at times some of them may contain fingerprint and silk inclusions.
Alexandrites typically come in sizes from tiny to 5 carats. Larger stones are rare.

The electric chair was invented by a Dentist!

Source : Google

He must have been so sick and tired of his patients!LOL

Sometimes me and my staff always joke when we can't stand some patients that we should have an electric chair for patients but not to kill them but just to torture them only!

You see killing a person is just a one time act..so its not really too much a torture.

Repeated torture is more fun!

So never kill anyone!LOL

This post is meant as a joke.

# 131. Believe it or not

The indentation in the middle of the area between the nose and the upper lip has a name.

It is called the philtrum. Scientists have yet to figure out what purpose this indentation serves,

though the ancient Greeks thought it to be one of the most erogenous places on the body

From Wikipedia

An erogenous zone (from Greek ἔρως eros "love" and English -genous "producing" from Greek -γενής -genes

"born") is an area of the
human body that has heightened sensitivity, the stimulation of which may result in the

production of
sexual fantasies or sexual arousal.

People have erogenous zones all over their bodies, but which areas are more sensitive than others vary. Some

may resent stimulation that others find arousing. The stimulation of these areas can produce gentle, mild or

intense arousal.

Zodiac Signs and Stones

Zodiac Gemstone Symbol From To
Aquarius Garnet Water Carrier January 20 February 18
Pisces Amethyst Fish February 19 March 20
Aries Bloodstone Ram March 21 April 20
Taurus Sapphire Bull April 21 May 20
Gemini Agate Twins May 21 June 20
Cancer Emerald Crab June 21 July 20
Leo Onyx Lion July 21 August 21
Virgo Cornelian Virgin August 22 September 22
Libra Chrysolite Scales September 23 October 22
Scorpio Beryl Scorpion October 23 November 22
Sagittarius Topaz Archer November 23 December 20
Capricorn Ruby Goat December 21 January 19

[h=1]Hour of Birthstones.[/h]

There are gemstones which are believed to correspond with the hour of one’s birth!

The list of the gemstones and the hours are given below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back