• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Crime against women in Tamil Nadu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!!! It's something like that...

But just because some have different meaning to LOVE, it is not that it is hard to define LOVE..

It is just that how you want to take it and how capable are you to justify it for yourself.

Agreed Ravi and all definitions can be right too cos all rivers eventually flow to the sea isn't it?
Just like how Evil is Goodness turned inside out.... Lust is also Love turned inside out.
That's the gloves of existence we wear till we don't want anything on our hands anymore and just want to place it together on our head chanting the name of God.

कदा निलिम्पनिर्झरीनिकुञ्जकोटरे वसन्
विमुक्तदुर्मतिः सदा शिरः स्थमञ्जलिं वहन् |
विमुक्तलोललोचनो ललामभाललग्नकः
शिवेति मंत्रमुच्चरन् कदा सुखी भवाम्यहम्

When will I be happy, living in the hollow place near the celestial river, Ganga, carrying the folded hands on my head all the time, with my bad thinking washed away, and uttering the mantra of Lord Shiva and devoted in the God with glorious forehead with vibrating eyes.

Last edited:
That day - back to balya vivah by consent is not far off!

It's already enforced in Israel.
I think its fair enough cos when there is consent of both minors why should the male alone be charged with Statutory Rape?It's not fair.
Either let both go free if there is consent or charge both boy and girl for underage sex.
It takes two to tango.

My dear Prasad,

Please don't get angry with me.I am NOT picking you.May be I am twice of your age.

What I wish to stress is--what is considered as "Crime" in one Society is NOT considered as"Crime" in another Society.

Not only in Tamil Nadu,even in New Delhi if an High School girl sit on the lap of a boy and kiss in the lips just like married couple in public in a Metropolitan bus,the commuters will not keep quiet.They would admonish both the youngsters.There it it is NOT considered as "Crime"--the parents of the girl and boy will appreciate the the elders who "Interfered".Here interfering in "Privacy" is considered as "Crime" and the parents of the girl and boy will 'Sue" the "Interferer". Another person from USA also has responded.He/she will be knowing,what all I say.

An Un-married 15 year old girl giving birth to a male child( the girl said "I don't who is the new born's father") will be considered as a matter of "Shame" in the whole community in our Country.--it has been the theme of many Kodambaakkam-Wood and Bolly-wood films. Here our neigh bours celeberated the day the child was taken to the Church and "baptised" with alot of pomp and pleasure.We--the entire family-- attended the function and Congratulated the 15 year old girl and her mother and gave 2 costly presents to the new-born and his mother

My children-U.S.Citizens--advised me and my wife to keep a broad smiling face and "Congratulate" the 15 year old girl,her child and the child's grandmother.The Grandfather was 6th or 7th Step-Grandfather.Outlook are different--in my opinion our boys and girls (all Castes) are still far,far better.I do not blame the youngsters here also.It is their culture.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Somayaji (NYC)

I have a very good friend, an old man,who waits to pick up his grand-son from School,like me.He is Irish and his wife is Russian.He asked me,where did I meet my wife before marriage. I understood him.I said "Ours is arranged marriage"---"You married a Stranger?!!!!!!!!!!!"I said "No--our two families are from the same street and same village--the two families know each other for 6-7 generations--but in a way strange only-at the time of our marriage our two families were living 2000miles apart.--First time,I saw my wife just 7 days before the marriage only.---"46 years (1966) before our parents won't allow us to talk in 'Privacy"--only my mother and sister talked to the "girl"(my wife)--He said "Very Funny"--I said "Yes".--then he put a bomb "Don't you think it is "Ridiculous" to live with One woman for 46 years ?!!!!!"--What should I say???--I said "In our Society it is felt,the longer a couple live together,the more 'Divine' they become--(Thonga,Thonga Thaali)"!!!

Just I wanted to say All the time we think our Youngsters are "Hopeless"--only if see outsiders,we know,how great ur children are.

Mr.Prasad--again I apologise,if i have bruised your sentiments

Mr. Someyaji,
You have some of the most outrageous social values. May be you should post a separate post.
There are certain crime which is accepted as heinous crime world over. Statuary rape is one of them, they even have a separate crime division to deal with such crime. Sexual crime is considered, as one of them.

Babies having baby should not accepted and encouraged. May be you think you are so old that you have given up on social values. But the majority of society still needs some moral values. I do accept it varies from place and time.

Similarly unwanted touching, and crowing of women folk in public places and buses is abhorrent. We should encourage our boys to respect women in general.

India is on the threshold of accepting free sex as in thing and traditional families are having nightmares about the problem created by everything that is modern - life style, education, medias and exposure to alien culture which almost thinks we are no better than animals (they of course conveniently ignore the frequency of sexual urges). Till very recently there was a loud talk of civilization, and what not expounded by lecturers, scholars, politicians. They have all fallen on the wayside. The current generation of youths all over the world might perhaps talk about old values only at their old age. But they may yet not have a solution for the generation of youth they would face in their second part of life. We all know we have not descended from heavens like that. The subject of sex was hushed up in the era gone by; even a married husband and wife were restrained in the practice of sex. But the current generation is all extroverts. They have no patience to be introspective and to know the finer meanings of old life styles. They certainly think the mobile and the laptop are all one needs to have in life and thus they have the world at their finger tips. Much was talked about the usefulness of sex education but it has served only negatively. Do not think of those who are born intelligent; the rest is only the majority. Everybody contributed to this state of affairs and media people think they are the masters of the subject. The society should heal itself. Or chase where the dinosaurs went.

I differ from you.

You have some of the most outrageous social values.

I have the correct pespective about Social values

There are certain crime which is accepted as heinous crime world over.

I do agree,:-Murder--Treason--terrorism are cosidered as heinous crimes

Murder:- A serial was shown here(NYC).The prosecution charges an adolescent boy(Caucasian) with First degree murder.The boy confesses that he was guilty in the trial court.Now the case has to be committed to Higher court,where the Jury will give the verdict.Suddenly a lady lawyer appears and argues that the boy has "Religiously Confessed" and the messiah on the cross above the head of the judge (Icon) will give final verdict and humans have no right to adjudicate and the oath was taken on the Bible.Everybody in the Court room is "Silent" .They are NOT able to talk this way or that way.The Judge adjurns the court.The father of the boy (African American)who was murderedasks the Prosecution lawyer "Man! Iam also a devout christian--what will happen to my son ?"--The Defense lady lawyer says to Prosecution with a "Wink in the eyes"I can convince the JURY --Nobody will go against my plea".

To avoid further confusions,in the next hearing the boy himself says "Mesiah told me to plead guilty and I again confess that i have committed the murder.

Law is very clear.State and Religion are two independent entities.But this episode creates many kinds of "ripples' in many peoples' psyche. One can NOT deny that and run away from "Yadhaartham"

Sexual crime is considered, as one of them.

The concept of sexual crime is itself is undergoing a vast change from
Civilization to Civilization.Even the queston of "Evidence" on consent or non-consent is being "Hotly" discussed in Scholar's forum .

There was a time all over the World,when Gay/Lesbian relationship was looked upon derisively.Now Not only Gay relationship but Gay Marriage itself has been "Legalised"--they are working for "Lesbian Marriage" also. In this context what happens to the Older Legal definition of SEXUAL Realationship" ?--Sexual Crime ?--Now Transgender transformations are very common after Michael Jackson. Now if we talk about Gay relationship it is "Illegal"

Sooner than later all these Social Aberrations,we will have to face in India also.--We are still talking about "Varna Sangraham"!!!!!

Babies having baby should not accepted and encouraged.

There is NO question of our accepting or Not Accepting--It is happening in 1000s.

you are so old that you have given up on social values.

I have NOT given up any Social values.I go many places.I see around--When I can NOT do anything ,I accept them as they are."Mute Witness"(Mooga Saakshi)

Similarly unwanted touching, and crowing of women folk in public places and buses is abhorrent. We should encourage our boys to respect women in general.

There--I think in Tamil Nadu we are a little over-reacting and exaggerating--Even in New Delhi sitting next to a lady in a bus or metro train as early as 1967 was NOT considered as a great "crime".

Last edited by a moderator:
Sexual crime is considered, as one of them.

The concept of sexual crime is itself is undergoing a vast change from
Civilization to Civilization.Even the queston of "Evidence" on consent or non-consent is being "Hotly" discussed in Scholar's forum .

There was a time all over the World,when Gay/Lesbian relationship was looked upon derisively.Now Not only Gay relationship but Gay Marriage itself has been "Legalised"--they are working for "Lesbian Marriage" also. In this context what happens to the Older Legal definition of SEXUAL Realationship" ?--Sexual Crime ?--Now Transgender transformations are very common after Michael Jackson. Now if we talk about Gay relationship it is "Illegal"

Sooner than later all these Social Aberrations,we will have to face in India also.--We are still talking about "Varna Sangraham"!!!!!

Babies having baby should not accepted and encouraged.

There is NO question of our accepting or Not Accepting--It is happening in 1000s.

you are so old that you have given up on social values.

I have NOT given up any Social values.I go many places.I see around--When I can NOT do anything ,I accept them as they are."Mute Witness"(Mooga Saakshi)

There--I think in Tamil Nadu we are a little over-reacting and exaggerating--Even in New Delhi sitting next to a lady in a bus or metro train as early as 1967 was NOT considered as a great "crime".

Finally we are on the same planet. We were talking at parallel planes, but it seems to intersect. Yes I agree with you. My concern was the mistreatment of women in general, and molestation of girls, and women in general.

The Amir Khan's Satameva jayate series has made the not so hidden crimes, public. The awareness is generated, I hope the law enforcement follows the public opinion (it did not take the lead).

My dear Prasad,

Please don't get angry with me.I am NOT picking you.May be I am twice of your age.

What I wish to stress is--what is considered as "Crime" in one Society is NOT considered as"Crime" in another Society.

Not only in Tamil Nadu,even in New Delhi if an High School girl sit on the lap of a boy and kiss in the lips just like married couple in public in a Metropolitan bus,the commuters will not keep quiet.They would admonish both the youngsters.There it it is NOT considered as "Crime"--the parents of the girl and boy will appreciate the the elders who "Interfered".Here interfering in "Privacy" is considered as "Crime" and the parents of the girl and boy will 'Sue" the "Interferer". Another person from USA also has responded.He/she will be knowing,what all I say.

An Un-married 15 year old girl giving birth to a male child( the girl said "I don't who is the new born's father") will be considered as a matter of "Shame" in the whole community in our Country.--it has been the theme of many Kodambaakkam-Wood and Bolly-wood films. Here our neigh bours celeberated the day the child was taken to the Church and "baptised" with alot of pomp and pleasure.We--the entire family-- attended the function and Congratulated the 15 year old girl and her mother and gave 2 costly presents to the new-born and his mother

My children-U.S.Citizens--advised me and my wife to keep a broad smiling face and "Congratulate" the 15 year old girl,her child and the child's grandmother.The Grandfather was 6th or 7th Step-Grandfather.Outlook are different--in my opinion our boys and girls (all Castes) are still far,far better.I do not blame the youngsters here also.It is their culture.

Dear sir,

There is pros and cons on how people view life.Out here in M'sia certain quarters of the society are from a strict religious background and an unwed mum is always shunned.
So girls who are pregnant out of the wedlock are throwing their new borns in the dumpster and some of the newborns even die.
That's why now Government has set up a baby centre for unwanted babies to be left and no questions will be asked.

So when we put pressure on society, unwed mothers shy away from even basic antenatal care and even die at birth cos they were too shy to seek medical attention.

When I was in a government health antenatal center my nurses used to ridicule any unwed mother openly and other married patients will join in and torment these girls.

I used to give the staff and other patients strict warnings that every mother wed or unwed has a right for antenatal check up and don't lecture anyone on morals here when I am on duty.

Even in my own clinic now I follow up lots of unwed mothers becos I don't ask the personal stuff like some other doctors who keep scolding them and treat the unwed mums badly.
I enquire about their well being and make sure they have the required family support.
Sometimes I even talk to their families(with the consent of the patient) to give these girls emotional support.

Many doctors harshly judge patients esp unwed mums and this sort of judgmental behaviour can cause a life!!

Some unwed mums even resort to suicide.

This is where we Hindus lack compassion.
We look down upon an unwed mother and let her face the torments of society all alone.

Church members identify such mothers and counsel them and lead them to the correct path and Lo behold!! you have a christian convert.

What's is the use if we recite Asato Ma Sad Gamaya if we do not want to help such individuals?
Why can't we Hindus help unwed mothers without judging them?

I know prevention is better than cure..we can also help instilling morals by guiding children and in cases where an individual has committed a wrong so called immoral act, we can still offer help.

The case you mentioned where the family did the baptism for the child born to an unwed 15 year old is commendable.
At least they didn't resort to killing the baby like what some married couples do in India just for the sake of a male child.

Last edited:
Renuka:-(quote)where the family did the baptism for the child born to an unwed 15 year old is commendable.At least they didn't resort to killing the baby like what some married couples do in India just for the sake of a male child.(en-quote)

What I want to say is there was visible jubiliation among all the people who attended the party.All thought, it was all irrelevant whether the girl was married or not--who was the father of the child etc."Here is a girl, mother of a new-born baby and we all should celeberate.That is all"----My son-in-law was anxious,because me and wife were "Just arrived" from India and by chance we should Not show any reaction in our face or in our behaviour.

I recapitulate an incident --way back in 1968,we were in West C.I.T Nagar,T.Nagar..Early morning 5.00. A.M a few people have assembled there,waiting for the milk van to arrive.Somebody noticed a small new born (just born) baby crying with bleeding umbilicus, in a nearby Dust bin (Kuppai Thotti)Some ladies picked the child,washed it with the dirtiest water of the milk-booth --a Christian Samaritan organisation was summoned and the child was handed over to them..

I recapitulate an incident --way back in 1968,we were in West C.I.T Nagar,T.Nagar..Early morning 5.00. A.M a few people have assembled there,waiting for the milk van to arrive.Somebody noticed a small new born (just born) baby crying with bleeding umbilicus, in a nearby Dust bin (Kuppai Thotti)Some ladies picked the child,washed it with the dirtiest water of the milk-booth --a Christian Samaritan organisation was summoned and the child was handed over to them..

Dear sir,

Exactly!! So the baby would have grown up to be a Christian.
We Hindus should be pro active too but all we do is judge people.
Even a rape victim is considered an "impure" girl and she faces all obstacles in life alone.
Then comes along the Church and they shower attention to such individuals and convert them to Christianity.
I know morals differ from country to country but sometimes we do have to swallow our pride and values when faced with a critical situation.

I just want to post the following in response to the posts from Prasad1 and Somayaji.S, with no comments from me.

Steve Jobs was born to two graduate students from the University of Wisconsin. His biological mother, Joanne Schieble, had not yet married Abdulfattah “John” Jandali. As a result, she decided to go to San Francisco and give her baby up for adoption.

In high school and college, he experimented with recreational drugs like marijuana and LSD. In fact, years later he credited psychedelic drugs with making him more enlightened.

In 1977, Jobs’s high school girlfriend, Chrisann Brennan, returned to his life and within a few months was pregnant. Jobs had no intention of marrying Brennan. After the baby, Lisa, was born, Brennan moved to Menlo Park and went on welfare. Jobs refused to acknowledge that he was Lisa’s father.

In 1989, he began a passionate on-again, off-again relationship with Laurene Powell, a graduate student at the Stanford Business School. On New Year’s Eve in 1989, Jobs asked Powell to marry him, but then he did not mention it again for months. In December 1990, they went to Hawaii and again he proposed and Powell became pregnant. Yet, the pregnancy led Jobs to balk again at marriage. Finally, in March 1991, Jobs and Powell married.

From STEVE JOBS by Walter Isaacson
©2011 by Walter Isaacson.
Reprinted by permission of Simon & Schuster, Inc.
ISBN: 978-1-4516-4853-9

I just want to post the following in response to the posts from Prasad1 and Somayaji.S, with no comments from me.

Steve Jobs was born to two graduate students from the University of Wisconsin. His biological mother, Joanne Schieble, had not yet married Abdulfattah “John” Jandali. As a result, she decided to go to San Francisco and give her baby up for adoption.

In high school and college, he experimented with recreational drugs like marijuana and LSD. In fact, years later he credited psychedelic drugs with making him more enlightened.

In 1977, Jobs’s high school girlfriend, Chrisann Brennan, returned to his life and within a few months was pregnant. Jobs had no intention of marrying Brennan. After the baby, Lisa, was born, Brennan moved to Menlo Park and went on welfare. Jobs refused to acknowledge that he was Lisa’s father.

In 1989, he began a passionate on-again, off-again relationship with Laurene Powell, a graduate student at the Stanford Business School. On New Year’s Eve in 1989, Jobs asked Powell to marry him, but then he did not mention it again for months. In December 1990, they went to Hawaii and again he proposed and Powell became pregnant. Yet, the pregnancy led Jobs to balk again at marriage. Finally, in March 1991, Jobs and Powell married.

From STEVE JOBS by Walter Isaacson
©2011 by Walter Isaacson.
Reprinted by permission of Simon & Schuster, Inc.
ISBN: 978-1-4516-4853-9

Mr. Siva,
What is the relevance to "crime against women in Tamil Nadu". What you are posting is an event (fortunate for Jobs, unfortunate fot the women). What is the moral of your posting. Are you saying that all unwanted children turn out to be Steven Jobs? Are you saying that unwanted children turn out to be irresponsible parents?

And please reduce the size of your font, we can use our glass to read.

I think it would be right to enshrine in our Constitution the morality code - only one husband and one wife under uniform civil code. And of course with retro effect (as FM, PM can do it). All people, celebs or unknown, should be sent to jail.

There should be a law that only educated person should contest the election.
Similarly, any one who has undergone punishment under civil or criminal law
should not be allowed to contest the election. The candidate should declare
the assets of the family voluntarily including income tax clearance.

Balasubramanian

Balasubramanian

I am for civil rights. There are very smart people without collage degree, and there are educated crooks.

The criteria you are suggesting is for an Oligarchy and not democracy. I believe that democracy is better setup than any other form of government.

Any restriction put is to alienate a group of people will destroy the country (sooner).
A candidate and his family can declare their white money, what about the black money?
In a country where the white money assets of elected official increases exponentially after getting elected, and no one cares. How is declaring help?

I do agree with you there are educated crooks. What I meant was, little education
will give them an opportunity to understand what is happening in the country from
the point of view of economical development. I do not have any proposal other than
democracy. In England people with at least Matric Qualification are permitted to
vote. When I meant declaration, all the candidates should decare both white and black
money. As regards enhancement of their wealth after their election either to the
Assembly or to the Lok Sabha or Rajya Sabha, they have to come forward and declare
the method of enhancement or increase in their wealth. I mean, the wealth increase should not
be multifold. There were Ministers both in the Centre and in the States, who lived and led
a simple life without accumulating enormous wealth. for .e.g. Kamaraj Nadar, Kakkan (who
used to travel in public transport) and Guljarilal Nanda, etc. I only meant that the
robbers, looters and murderers should not contest the election and get elected.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

I only meant that the
robbers, looters and murderers should not contest the election and get elected.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Political arena is like a prison..you might actually enter prison innocent(convicted for a crime we didn't commit) but chances are when we leave prison we might become a hard core criminal.

Same way..some person might enter politics all innocent and clean but soon enough might turn into a robber,looter and also a murderer.
Then we can hear them recite the famous oneliner

"Arasiyal la Ithellam Sagajam 'pa"

Last edited:
In ancient INDIA women occupied a most important place and in fact
they were superior to men. Shakthi means power and strength. But
of late, many different incidents take place such as :

a) Dowry harassment and deaths
b) Gender based infanticide
c) Raping cases (including attempt to)
d) Eve teasing
e) Forced prostitution of innocent women
by some money power people
f) Sexual harassment at work place
(construction areas, labour oriented work-spots, etc.)
g) Molestation
h) Sale of girl children
i) Employing women as Maid and victimizing them
through sexual harassment

We can cite more incidents. These are only a few. It is all because of money
power and innocence of women.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Last edited:
Mr. Siva,
What is the relevance to "crime against women in Tamil Nadu". What you are posting is an event (fortunate for Jobs, unfortunate fot the women). What is the moral of your posting. Are you saying that all unwanted children turn out to be Steven Jobs? Are you saying that unwanted children turn out to be irresponsible parents?

And please reduce the size of your font, we can use our glass to read.

prasad1 ji,

My post has no relevance to the title of the thread. It was rather in connection with the posts you and Somayaji.S. exchanged regarding the American lives. That is why I mentioned it in my post. Steve, an American had a similar (immoral) lifestyle, as pointed out by you. I was not making any judgement when I posted it. It was more for the info.

As for my font, it is my favourite font and it would be hard for me to change it. Please bear with me on that.

Women Protection Council, NHRC or Sathyameva Jayathe Organisations should come
forward to protect the interests of Women. Of late, chain snatching events
are on the high side and it becomes difficult for women to move on the roads
alone.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

1, Almost all contestants are educated, some with foreign degrees.
2. Those convicted cannot contest - election commission
Q 5. If some body is convicted for some offence and he is sentenced to imprisonment for 3 years, can he contest elections?

Ans. No
As per Section 8 (3) of R. P. Act, 1951, if a person is convicted of any offence and sentenced to an imprisonment of 2 years or more, this will be disqualification to contest elections.
Q 6. Supposing he is on bail, pending disposal of his appeal, can he contest the election?

Ans. No
Even if is a person is on bail, after the conviction and his appeal is pending for disposal, he is disqualified from contesting an election as per the guidelines issued by the Election Commission of India.

3. Candidates have to declare their assets, but there is no verification or punitive action for misinformation.
So what is the solution; perhaps transparency - income tax, enforcement directorate, property registration, fixed deposit accounts in banks, must be made public and on line updating.

Balasubramanian

Last edited:
Similarly can we think of voters to have a literacy!! Only of late, the Election
Commission is forcing certain things. We should in fact thank Mr Seshan, the
erstwhile Chief Election Commissioner, who brought certain bold steps in this
connection.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back