• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Cow or Mridhamgam - which is important

Status
Not open for further replies.
We actually have a choice to decide how much Ahimsa we can practice.
I once attended a Homa and the priest was using items and grains which has lots of ants in it.
I told him there are lots of ants in the items and he said its ok no need to remove the ants.
He didn't seem concerned about the lives of the ants.

Since the Homa was held in my house I didn't want to be responsible for loss of lives so I gently cleaned the items are made sure no ant was there.
Only then I gave it to the priest to use it for the Homa fire.

So we do have a choice to try to minimize loss of lives.

Last edited:
I highly appreciate you Dr Renuka. the way priests behave sometime so badly one feel not doing any puja etc. Once some one asked Periyava about sashtrigals' behaviour; HE said: sengitu poran, pavam avanukathan

That's why during my wedding I specifically informed that no banana tree should be cut and tied at the entrance cos why kill 2 banana trees on a marriage day.
dear madam !
each and everything has its own purpose.even if not cutting ,it is going to dry on it own.moreover ,the remaining bottom portion will be start grow . malar(flowers) are for worshiping the GOD and to adorn the head of ladies .are we throwing flower to the platforms? if you say we can leave it in the plant itself ,that is also big task to safe guard from stray cattles. don 't plug or cut ,the fallen fruits,flowers&trees can be utilised. are we not digging our mother earth which gives life to many living thing you mean?
guruvayurappan

I once attended a Homa and the priest was using items and grains which has lots of ants in it.
I told him there are lots of ants in the items and he said its ok no need to remove the ants.
He didn't seem concerned about the lives of the ants.
So we do have a choice to try to minimize loss of lives.

You said "grains". If they were just rice it is not a problem. If they were with hulls they are potential living entities. You take that grain of paddy and sow it in the field and it gives rise to a life. Same thing with other grains too. They can grow into pretty plants. You are thwarting their lives even before they had a chance (similar to foeticide).

......... You take that grain of paddy and sow it in the field and it gives rise to a life. Same thing with other grains too. They can grow into pretty plants. You are thwarting their lives even before they had a chance (similar to foeticide).
We are advised to use whole grains to prepare our food items, to get the maximum nutrition.

Rice and wheat are the major items used in our food. So, do you say that we are all KILLERS??

We are advised to use whole grains to prepare our food items, to get the maximum nutrition.

Rice and wheat are the major items used in our food. So, do you say that we are all KILLERS??

Yes, to a certain extent we are all killers. Humans are at the top of the food chain. Whether we eat animal products or plant products we are all killers.
When you say whole grain for rice for eating, it means the bran (தவிடு) coat over the rice is left intact. Only the outer hull (called உமி ) is removed. But in removing the hull we deprive the paddy from ever germinating. Remember our grand old lady avvaiyAr said, பண்டு முளைப்பது அரிசியே ஆனாலும் விண்டுமி போனால் முளையாதாம்.

If you take it one level higher, if you eat any seed (grains included) or nut separately or contained in a fruit or vegetable (kiwi fruit and tomato where the seeds are so tiny) you are preventing its natural process of falling into the ground and ability to grow into its own parent (plant or tree) whence it came. The fruit is the food for the seed to survive until it can germinate and grow into a tiny plant after which it can generate its own food from the ground, air, and sunlight.

So quit eating rice, wheat, oats and other cereals, cashew, almond, walnut, pecan and other nuts. In general do like the plants do. Make your own food like the plants do! That way you won't be accused of "seedicide" or "nuticide" along the lines of vegicide or homicide. Isn't that fun?

Mother delivers. She delivers a sin (or sometime more than one) to continue the process of prakriti. The life has inconvenienced the bigger life who is obliged to nature. It is the process of nature. As a man you have sperms which seek union with ova. Millions of sperms but they give birth only to one or rarely two or more. That part is nature's. By understanding these process you can reduce the sins as much as your intelligence helps. There is no magic wand to wash off sins. If you are two 'janmas' away, maybe you will be born as millions of ants and die a lumpsum death or otherwise (according to merits). The purpose is to just judge your actions and taper out the sins until you get moksha. Prashana mantram in Sandhyavandanam is for guidance in life.

प्राशनं (प्रात:) :सुर्यस्च मा मन्युस्च मन्युपतयस्च मन्युकृतेभ्य: . पापेभ्यो रक्षन्तं. यद्रात्र्य पापमकार्षं. मनसा वाचा हस्ताभ्यां पद्भ्यामुदरेण शिस्ना रात्रिस्तदवलुम्पतु यत्किञ्च दुरितं मयि इदमहं माममृत योनोव् सूर्ये ज्योतिषि जुहोमि स्वाहा.

If you take it one level higher, if you eat any seed (grains included) or nut separately or contained in a fruit or vegetable (kiwi fruit and tomato where the seeds are so tiny) you are preventing its natural process of falling into the ground and ability to grow into its own parent (plant or tree) whence it came. The fruit is the food for the seed to survive until it can germinate and grow into a tiny plant after which it can generate its own food from the ground, air, and sunlight.

So quit eating rice, wheat, oats and other cereals, cashew, almond, walnut, pecan and other nuts. In general do like the plants do. Make your own food like the plants do! That way you won't be accused of "seedicide" or "nuticide" along the lines of vegicide or homicide. Isn't that fun?

During the act of kissing in the customary exchange of saliva,bacteria die!! Ha Ha Ha..
So do not kiss!!LOL

During the act of kissing in the customary exchange of saliva,bacteria die!! Ha Ha Ha..
So do not kiss!!LOL

I don't understand. If the bacteria exist in the saliva of one person it does in the other's too. Unless the second person generates antibodies to the bacteria in the saliva of the first person and vice versa (highly unlikely in the same subspecies) how can the bacteria be killed by saliva exchange?

Mother delivers. She delivers a sin (or sometime more than one) to continue the process of prakriti. ure. It is the process of nature. As a man you have sperms which seek union with ova. Millions of sperms but they give birth only to one or rarely two or more. That part is nature's. By understanding these process you can reduce the sins as much as your intelligence helps. .

Do you mean "sin" or "son"? I hope it is the latter.
Yes, it is better to let Nature take its own course. We cannot tamper with Nature without dire consequences. But Nature knows (?) what it is doing. As for millions of sperms Nature is making sure to provide plenty because only one succeeds at one time to penetrate the egg. The same thing holds true with seeds too. Each corn plant has one or two ears of corn. Each ear of corn has 300-400 kernels. Same thing with other fruits like orange, pomegranate, and others. Each single fruit has so many seeds. Not all of them germinate to produce one plant for each seed. There is a saying "you can count the number of seeds in one orange fruit but not the number of oranges in each seed". It is Nature's way, to provide the abundance. In that sense, can we say since not all of them may not germinate, there is no harm in us eating some or most of them? Wait, the ones you eat may have germinated if you gave them the chance.

I don't understand. If the bacteria exist in the saliva of one person it does in the other's too. Unless the second person generates antibodies to the bacteria in the saliva of the first person and vice versa (highly unlikely in the same subspecies) how can the bacteria be killed by saliva exchange?

You see sometimes we do swallow saliva that is exchanged..so when the swallowed bacteria reacts with the HCL in the stomach that's the end of the story of the bacteria.

You see sometimes we do swallow saliva that is exchanged..so when the swallowed bacteria reacts with the HCL in the stomach that's the end of the story of the bacteria.

Forget the exchange of saliva. You swallow your own saliva all the time without eating or drinking anything. When we drink water or eat food we swallow those anyway. So shall we stop swallowing our own saliva, shall we stop eating or drinking even water?

மஹாகவி அவர்களே! எங்கேயோ போய்விட்டீர்கள்!

'சீரியல் கில்லர்' ஆகாமல் வாழ்வது எப்படி? :noidea:

மஹாகவி அவர்களே! எங்கேயோ போய்விட்டீர்கள்!

'சீரியல் கில்லர்' ஆகாமல் வாழ்வது எப்படி? :noidea:

Cereal sAppiDAmal iruppadhu thAn orE vazhi.
Even Rama ate fruits and tubers during his vanavAsam, right?
You can eat any food you want if you believe in the saying
கொன்றால் பாவம் தின்றால் போச்சு:peace:

Cereal sAppiDAmal iruppadhu thAn orE vazhi.
Even Rama ate fruits and tubers during his vanavAsam, right?
You can eat any food you want if you believe in the saying
கொன்றால் பாவம் தின்றால் போச்சு:peace:

this post reminds of my hero, that canadian palakkadu pattar!

Swamigale ( ellarukkum thaan indha message)- Appdinna shoe podatheenga. a gud quality leather comes from Cow skin only

........... Even Rama ate fruits and tubers during his vanavAsam, right? .............
Yes, Sir!!

But we have to check if the fruit has worms!! Recently I found in bananas! But the worms were all DEAD!!

Our members need proof! Here is a snap that I took:

puzhu.jpg

Forget the exchange of saliva. You swallow your own saliva all the time without eating or drinking anything. When we drink water or eat food we swallow those anyway. So shall we stop swallowing our own saliva, shall we stop eating or drinking even water?

So that only goes to show that some amount of unseen loss of lives is inevitable.
So go on kissing whoever you want!!LOL

So go on kissing whoever you want!!LOL

Sorry you can't do that either. If somebody has AIDS you will catch that if you kiss. There is risk in every human activity including walking under a ladder (you say it is superstition--right?)

Sorry you can't do that either. If somebody has AIDS you will catch that if you kiss. There is risk in every human activity including walking under a ladder (you say it is superstition--right?)

Nope..HIV virus is transmitted through a broken surface in the mucosa.
So unless you have a broken surface of mucosa in your mouth and then attempt to kiss a person with HIV who also has a exposed surface in his/her mouth..then the risk is higher.
Otherwise the concentration of the virus is very low in saliva,tears,sweat and urine if it is not contaminated with blood.

Vegans do not wear anything made of leather, silk and even wool! The synthetic stuff replace all their requirements like

belts, shoes, dress material. They say NO to dairy products because they think that the milk from mammals are meant

for their offspring and the cows are being tortured for producing more milk for human consumption!

Here is a very disturbing video:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back