• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Covid Vaccination

I am wondering how indian stock market is stable when fundamentals do not support it.
Many support the idea that it will crash but it does not happen.
Now metals and pharma are doing well.
I casually keep playing with many shares more to occupy myself than making any money.
Since I keep shuffling my portfolio with strict stop loss and selling even on 5%gain I have not lost or gained much.
It is now more of a sport than serious investing.
In these covid times it is a way to keep oneself occupied.
Seems like a good strategy. My cut-off is 15% so I in the loss at this time.

I am wondering how indian stock market is stable when fundamentals do not support it.
Many support the idea that it will crash but it does not happen.
Now metals and pharma are doing well.
I casually keep playing with many shares more to occupy myself than making any money.
Since I keep shuffling my portfolio with strict stop loss and selling even on 5%gain I have not lost or gained much.
It is now more of a sport than serious investing.
In these covid times it is a way to keep oneself occupied.
hi

in covid times....stay safe and play with shares.....

What experts say is for the first week symptoms do not show up. Slight temp which normalises with crocin and erythromysin.After a week only it hits with breathessness , lowering of oxygen counts below 90 .Some take steroids on doctor advice and collect oxygen cylinders .for home treatment. With hospitals being what they are , I believe one is far safer home isolated staying with dear ones who can constantly check on you.
I know families in chennai and patna who are badly affected and trying hard to get beds in hospitals.Those with connections manage to get some relief.Many die at doors of hospital wating for bed

There are many doctors giving their wisdom on diet as defensive to covid 19
Some recommendation
Avoid foods which enhance glucose level as they feed covid
Avoid veggies grown below ground like potato
Take protien rich veggies
Take a lot of water.
Expand your chest to take in a lot of air.
Monitor oxgen levels
If it falls below 95 go to doctor

There is shortage of Vaccine

And there is short of Oxygen

Not to speak about shortage of beds for corona patients.

Tragedy in Chamarajanagar: 24 dead. Who’s responsible?

Tragedy struck Chamarajanagar after 24 covid patients lost their lives allegedly due to oxygen shortage at a government hospital.

Read more at:

13 patients die at Chengalpattu GH after oxygen supply is allegedly disrupted​

Speaking to TNM, post-graduate doctors at the hospital allege negligence on the part of administrators.

Why is Covid-19 virus mutating faster in Bengaluru…??​

http://Why is Covid-19 virus mutati...aluru-reveals-iisc-study-101614931909558.html

1620276750926.png

Senior citizens wait to register themselves for the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine at a private hospital in Bengaluru.(PTI)

3 lakh Bengaluru active cases highest among all cities in both waves

With more than 3 lakh patients under treatment, Bengaluru’s active caseload is the highest among all cities in both wave as ministers and task forces failed to plan for a massive surge.

No other Indian city has crossed the 1-lakh active case mark since the outbreak of the pandemic in 2020.

Read more at:

Seniors ought to take the second wave and a possible third wave in their stride and shrug off.
We have seen worser times.
Anyway we have lived a full life and seen india rising from a land of shortages to a surplus country in agriculture field.
We have a high number of IT and MBA who are world class
We have clout to manage any crisis related to health.
Agreed we could do better .We will overcome corona also in afew months.
We are gettingour act to gether .
Bed oxygen shortage or medicines are pouring in.
Considering Our popularion wehave not done very badly.

hi

ready for third wave....in USA....the situation worse than india last year....more deaths .....still highest

death in world...india may cross that mark....just MAN KI BAATH will not work....more KAAM KI BAAT

required in inda...india has to learn from UK /USA/ EUROPE...lets hope for the best..

Not many take lockdown seriously.
Masks and social distancing is observed only where there are enforcers.
Celebrations like engagements and marriage continue.perhaps withlower numbers
Deaths due to covid mount due to O2 shortage Lack of beds and critical medicines.
Limiting vaccines to elders alone is leading to youngsters catching the virus.
Only 16% are vaccinated so far.
It may be months before a sizeable number are vaccinated even once
The veg supply by BBMP at aptmt gate at very low prices is a good move.Food inflation hurts.Pulses and rice prices are higher
Diesel and petrol prices are raised as elections are over.

Not many take lockdown seriously.
Masks and social distancing is observed only where there are enforcers.
Celebrations like engagements and marriage continue.perhaps withlower numbers

Very true!

I used to walk at least 7 km every morning, but I had to give up that in the first wave of corona. Since March/ April 2020 I have been careful about wearing a mask, but I found many groups of young people also going for regular morning walk without wearing masks. Sensing that I was trying to keep my distance from others, some of these groups (all educated(really?) young men and women) would deliberately come very close and giggle among themselves as if people taking safety norms seriously were foolish/ paranoid or whatever else they thought.

Many of these people get upset over the Indian cricket team losing some match as if it's a matter of national shame. India accounts for 46% of all the new Covid cases in the world - do they realise that this is in fact a matter of terrible national shame and that they too have a part in it?

Last edited:
Death in rural areas if it is senior person is taken as a normal event .If theyfsll ill at best they take crocin. If there is primary health centre they get some anti biotics.
Beyond that they are referred to city hospitals which most do not go.
How many die due to covid or any other reason is not known .They are just given a burial and death is celebrated.
Most death statistics are to be taken with a pinch of salt. It might be in lakhs and yet very small % of our population.
Only in cities or large metros there is attempt at quality health care.
Affluent are getting out of the country .Many have multiple citizenship.
Places like maldives have become choice destination.

In covid times persons have very bad experience cremating the dead. One is lucky if one has a doctors certificate that the the dead is covid negative in case of natural death.
To save fuel the bodies
are burnt five or six together. People have to wait for the same if need be. The staff in masks and protective suits handle the dead and expect
money for it over the normal rate.
It is a wierd experience for relatives accompanying the body.

Based on
personal experience a sum of 20k for ambulance last rites as per arya samaj rituals and cremation fee .very neat package deal.
To me it appeared business like.
But for tbose wbo cannot afford this could be a nightmare.
When common people cannot perform last rites of a close relative giving them the respect they deserve it hurtd9

While some have weird experience, there were many enjoying the lockdown to lift their spirits. Some went to liquor shops to get far more than usual requirements due to lockdown fears.
Women at home learnt to cope with men staying 24 by 7.
Some got carried away and became pregnant.
Many pregnant women went to workplace not taking precaution and got covid.
House helps enjoyed holiday by vacating urban rented home and going to villages

And in villages they renew their old relationship and share their exciting experience

Of course, they don’t part with their begging bowl which is their only precious procession. LOL

Last edited:
While some have weird experience, there were many enjoying the lockdown to lift their spirits. Some went to liquor shops to get far more than usual requirements due to lockdown fears.
Women at home learnt to cope with men staying 24 by 7.
Some got carried away and became pregnant.
Many pregnant women went to workplace not taking precaution and got covid.

House helps enjoyed holiday by vacating urban rented home and going to villages

And in villages they renew their old relationship and share their exciting experience

Of course, they don’t part with their begging bowl which is their only precious procession. LOL
hi

stay home and more productvity..lol

In metro cities mumbai and delhi corona decond wave seems to be subsiding.
Chennai and bangalore it is yet to peak and stabilise.
States are being advised to delay the second vaccination for corona to 12 weeks from 6 to 8 weeks.
Some states are opening vaccination for age group 18 to 45.
My relative in gurgaon aged 35 got her first shot.
Now a vaccine from russia is becoming available.
Railways are transporting oxygen cylinders to states that want them desperately
All are waiting for lifting of curfew next week.
It is hoped some states may open up more easing travel.
I am waiting for my second vaccine shot .
Anytime after 20th may should be ok.
Let me see if that happens or I have to wait more
Our aprtment MC chairperson is a bjp activist.
Very enterprising and manages to get access to arrange for vaccine at the earliest.

It is rural india that is taking the brunt of infection spread.
With no access to medicine and only primary health centres not fully staffed they are suffering more.
Many dead have been buried in make shift graves or thrown into rivers .
It is really sad that many dead cannot get a decent funeral.

I do not know if this is about people from villages clinging to their begging bowls.

In earlier years, I have had the opportunity to attend a few seminars on self employment and the like. As per the surveys, a high percentage of the 'migrants' from villages are bold enough to start their own business or professional services (maybe as simple as buying a cycle cart for transporting light items) on a small scale if they do not find employment. It is the people from cities who feel helplessly lost without a monthly income job.

Village folks have evolved over the years into self dependant groups.
Their children have had access to education in high technology areas and are working in metros.
For treatment of diseases like typhoid or malaria they do not go to cities.
For corona they
prefer to stay in village only as
they fear the worst if they end up in
City hospitals.In the event of death the body may not be returned to them and cremated there

It is rural india that is taking the brunt of infection spread.
With no access to medicine and only primary health centres not fully staffed they are suffering more.
Many dead have been buried in make shift graves or thrown into rivers .
hi

especially from UP /BIHAR rural areas...even in PM CONSITUTENCY IN VARANASI...

. It is the people from cities who feel helplessly lost without a monthly income job.
You are entitled to your opinion.

The fact remains that today's metro citizen are yesteryear's village people.

And today's metropolitan cities are yesteryear villages. LOL

It is evolution....

Today's kuchelan is tomorrows kuberan or vice versa...LOL

They run after the bulls and bears day in and day out.

Those who are from Jhuggi Jhompri have their own dreams about enriching their life.

People die of various reasons. Some are buried and some are cremated as per the traditions.

But the grave yard/cremation ground is busy like a stock market, at times HOUSE FULL

Our health depends on how we have lived our lives watching others grow through different walks of life.

If we are disciplined enough with regular habits and addiction of stock market, etc anything may happen to us.

Those who are from Jhuggi Jhompri have their own dreams about bulls and bears.

They suffer under emotions like, fear, greed, regret, hope, excitement, thrilling, desperation and panic.

Their emotions depend on the market trend

They live on cheers and beers

They do suffer from taking sound and efficient decisions in investment.

And incur massive losses. They fell into heavy debut, lose sleep and ignore their own health and well being.

And these firebrand addicts, finally end up here preaching like Buddah. LOL

The Covid-induced lockdown seems to have attracted many young women to the world of stock trading as well.

Of course, they can be far better traders than our oldies simply because stock trading is all about managing risks and women, on that count, always outperform our oldies who have an eye on beer and cheer. LOL

Whenever there is covid crisis there is reverse migration from metros and cities to villages.
Once things improve the same persons return .
Health care system is under heavy pressure in village and only nurses and interns are available
Of course there are quacks offering alternative medicines and not so well off are only Ram bharose.
Most from villages would not go to metros for medical help.
Now corona is taking its toll in villages.
Statistics about death at funeral ghats do not match covid death figures But deaths in delhi and mumbai have come down while southern states still show increase.
By june we hope to see down turn all over the country

Latest ads

Back