• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Covid Vaccination

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Many companies are looking to hire experts to become technologically more competitive.They are restructuring to implement cloud and AI in their company. These subject professionnel are in demand.
As usual indian techies are in forefront .They charge a pittance and work long hours to meet exacting schedules.Our women techies are sought after most.Many earn tens of lakhs rupees per year .This is considered cheap by international standards.
Indian big four IT companies pay little and pocket most of the money employing these techies.

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
With future in mind one can invest in shares dealing with AI, Cloud computing, 5G,^ genome testing
Some I think off arr Biocon ,Dixon technologies,Route Mobile,TCS Tata elxsi
Professionals in these field are likely to be getting good offers
We need to be thinking of future.
Covid times will pass.
Those who invest in these areas will be winners.

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
With rapid covid spread and home quaratine and working from home shares catering to biotechnology AI cloud 5g of small companies might be more sought after. My favorites are biocon, dixon technology , affle ,Route mobile,. T tata elxsi .There are many more .One can fish in the market for such picks.
It is like buying vegetable .You cannot distinguish good from bad by looking at it online.
Only when the share tanks one tries to minimise loss and sell.If it goes up one has picked a winner.
It is good to pick a share which is quoted 3 or four times yearly earnings .

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Watching cricket matches online is a pastime in covid times. Foreign players are finding it difficult to return home. Their countries have banned flights from india .C
Couple of them have donated 50000 thousand dollars for covid relief.
Some players like Ashwin and two umpires have quit as their families want them back
It must be frustrating to play in empty grounds in far off locations like delhi or ahmedabad.
The game has become totally commercial
Most would like covid to end soon.

ekaputra

i got this article from the guardian.com from USA...very sad story of COVID IN INDIA....written by

Arundhati roy....
Long before the corona was even heard of, I personally felt that Modi was an arrogant big mouth and I was never his admirer or supporter though I still support some of the decisions (which Ms Roy has criticised) like CAA and Article 370 while being against many like Ram Mandir and Patel Statue which in my opinion are just waste of time and money. And I am saying this about the Patel statue while being a very great admirer of Sardar Patel as a man who thought of the welfare of his followers/ supporters and was indifferent to his own image in the eyes of the world (the exact opposite of Gandhi and Nehru who were very image conscious and more obsessed with their own beliefs and blind and deaf to ground realities particularly in the matter of deep rooted religious differences and hatred). After Nehru and Mrs. Gandhi, Modi is the most powerful prime minister and can get things done with a snap of his fingers if only he wants to. But, Modi has managed to shock even me by his utter indifference to the sufferings of the people/ corona victims. I say even me because I have obviously and very greatly underestimated his level of arrogance.

Ms Roy's assessment of Modi may be accurate but is it comprehensive with regard to the cause for the current situation. Not in my opinion.

Rahul Gandhi and many others not wearing masks and where is the required social distancing?

I am not endorsing the statement of the former CPM MP, Joyce George. I have inserted the link only for the photo (proof) which clearly shows that RaGa is violating all safety norms while mudslinging leaders of other parties. This school visit was sometime in March 2021 but the article by Ms Roy is about a month later as she mentions events of Apr 22 and Apr 25. She is all praise for RaGa as the first person to alert the Government about the potential threat of corona. Is it enough to just warn and then go about business as usual holding mass rallies and aggravating the problem by adding the virus propaganda to his political propaganda? Even if Ms Roy claims that she has not seen this pic, surely she is aware of all the gatherings organised at the behest of Rahul. I may independently feel the same way on this issue but I will never be influenced by her writing. I have read many more articles by Ms Roy and while she may speak the truth she will never speak the whole truth.

There was a short program on 'India Today TV' where they had slammed the centre, states, all the parties (ruling and opposition), public and even many scientific establishments (for underestimating the destructive potential). I felt it was a fairer assessment.

I am aware that writing about Patel, Nehru and Gandhi in this context is a digression but then the great Booker Prize winner has written about many more things which are irrelevant to the corona crisis.

ekaputra

I have read about someone by the name of Samuel Pepys, who maintained a diary where he recorded the daily events in the time of the 'great plague' of London and then the 'great fire' of London (which followed the plague).

Krish44 sir, no offence, but after seeing several of your posts in this thread, are you just keeping a record of what daily life is like in this second wave of corona?

Today I got my first covid shot right at my doorstep due to initiative of the apartment complex in bangalore.
It was covishield .Though iI was diabetic and had allergy issues .no bad effect after 3 hours.Hopefully I do not get any temp
I am armed with dolo 650 .Let me see what happens.Keeping my fingers crossed.
All the best sir. Take care .

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Slowly more families within the apartment complex are testing positive and getting confined to their flats.
Others are isolating themselves morr than before.
Even lifts are becoming unsafe due tocovid.
Prefer stairs with masks on.
House helps are thoroughly checked at gate of complex.
Shut down curfew are observed strictly.
TV show sad stories of some dying due to oxygen shortage or medicines.
Now cricket matches are getting cancelled as some players have tested positive.
I hear about some people I know in delhi passing away .
How to stay sane in this pandemic.?

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
I am wondering how indian stock market is stable when fundamentals do not support it.
Many support the idea that it will crash but it does not happen.
Now metals and pharma are doing well.
I casually keep playing with many shares more to occupy myself than making any money.
Since I keep shuffling my portfolio with strict stop loss and selling even on 5%gain I have not lost or gained much.
It is now more of a sport than serious investing.
In these covid times it is a way to keep oneself occupied.

prasad1

Gold Member
Gold Member
I am wondering how indian stock market is stable when fundamentals do not support it.
I casually keep playing with many shares more to occupy myself than making any money.
Since I keep shuffling my portfolio with strict stop loss and selling even on 5%gain I have not lost or gained much.
Seems like a good strategy. My cut-off is 15% so I in the loss at this time.

tbs

hi

in covid times....stay safe and play with shares.....

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
What experts say is for the first week symptoms do not show up. Slight temp which normalises with crocin and erythromysin.After a week only it hits with breathessness , lowering of oxygen counts below 90 .Some take steroids on doctor advice and collect oxygen cylinders .for home treatment. With hospitals being what they are , I believe one is far safer home isolated staying with dear ones who can constantly check on you.
I know families in chennai and patna who are badly affected and trying hard to get beds in hospitals.Those with connections manage to get some relief.Many die at doors of hospital wating for bed

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
There are many doctors giving their wisdom on diet as defensive to covid 19
Some recommendation
Avoid foods which enhance glucose level as they feed covid
Avoid veggies grown below ground like potato
Take protien rich veggies
Take a lot of water.
Expand your chest to take in a lot of air.
Monitor oxgen levels
If it falls below 95 go to doctor

ashok68

There is shortage of Vaccine

And there is short of Oxygen

Not to speak about shortage of beds for corona patients.

Tragedy in Chamarajanagar: 24 dead. Who’s responsible?

Tragedy struck Chamarajanagar after 24 covid patients lost their lives allegedly due to oxygen shortage at a government hospital.

Read more at:

13 patients die at Chengalpattu GH after oxygen supply is allegedly disrupted​

Speaking to TNM, post-graduate doctors at the hospital allege negligence on the part of administrators.

ashok68

Why is Covid-19 virus mutating faster in Bengaluru…??​

http://Why is Covid-19 virus mutati...aluru-reveals-iisc-study-101614931909558.html

1620276750926.png

Senior citizens wait to register themselves for the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine at a private hospital in Bengaluru.(PTI)

3 lakh Bengaluru active cases highest among all cities in both waves

With more than 3 lakh patients under treatment, Bengaluru’s active caseload is the highest among all cities in both wave as ministers and task forces failed to plan for a massive surge.

No other Indian city has crossed the 1-lakh active case mark since the outbreak of the pandemic in 2020.

Read more at:

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Seniors ought to take the second wave and a possible third wave in their stride and shrug off.
We have seen worser times.
Anyway we have lived a full life and seen india rising from a land of shortages to a surplus country in agriculture field.
We have a high number of IT and MBA who are world class
We have clout to manage any crisis related to health.
Agreed we could do better .We will overcome corona also in afew months.
We are gettingour act to gether .
Bed oxygen shortage or medicines are pouring in.
Considering Our popularion wehave not done very badly.

tbs

hi

ready for third wave....in USA....the situation worse than india last year....more deaths .....still highest

death in world...india may cross that mark....just MAN KI BAATH will not work....more KAAM KI BAAT

required in inda...india has to learn from UK /USA/ EUROPE...lets hope for the best..

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Not many take lockdown seriously.
Masks and social distancing is observed only where there are enforcers.
Celebrations like engagements and marriage continue.perhaps withlower numbers
Deaths due to covid mount due to O2 shortage Lack of beds and critical medicines.
Limiting vaccines to elders alone is leading to youngsters catching the virus.
Only 16% are vaccinated so far.
It may be months before a sizeable number are vaccinated even once
The veg supply by BBMP at aptmt gate at very low prices is a good move.Food inflation hurts.Pulses and rice prices are higher
Diesel and petrol prices are raised as elections are over.

ekaputra

Not many take lockdown seriously.
Masks and social distancing is observed only where there are enforcers.
Celebrations like engagements and marriage continue.perhaps withlower numbers

Very true!

I used to walk at least 7 km every morning, but I had to give up that in the first wave of corona. Since March/ April 2020 I have been careful about wearing a mask, but I found many groups of young people also going for regular morning walk without wearing masks. Sensing that I was trying to keep my distance from others, some of these groups (all educated(really?) young men and women) would deliberately come very close and giggle among themselves as if people taking safety norms seriously were foolish/ paranoid or whatever else they thought.

Many of these people get upset over the Indian cricket team losing some match as if it's a matter of national shame. India accounts for 46% of all the new Covid cases in the world - do they realise that this is in fact a matter of terrible national shame and that they too have a part in it?

Last edited:

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts

Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.