• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Covid Vaccination

After 20hours now no fever but only muscle pain.I was armed with dolo 650 which was not used.I hope I return to normal life after 2 or 3 days.

I like the way karnataka local body is approaching vaccination.
Their next task is to go to IT majors and vaccinate the employees all in work place..
They have gone to areas housing the poor and vaccinating them first .

Do you know that people who get reactions have more immunity than those without much reactions?

Funny, right?
Sadly that is not true. It might be a consolation to the people who suffered an adverse reaction but untrue.
The factors that play a part in the reaction are many, but getting added immunity is not one of them.

If the vaccine has an efficacy of 99% for an average person and if getting serious side effects increases by 99.00009% it is only a rounding error. There is no proof that people who get sick have more immunity.

So let me be clear. Vaccines are safe. There is no link to autism. This has been one of the most studied hypotheses in modern science and there is no evidence to support the idea. Some number of people may have negative side effects. No one wants to minimize those effects, but they occur at rates of one out of hundreds of thousands or millions of doses given. That’s similar to the odds of getting struck by lightning in a given year (which is 1 in 500,000).

Dr. Gregory Poland, an infectious diseases expert and head of Mayo Clinic's Vaccine Research Group, says everybody is different. He says the first dose teaches your body to recognize the virus and the second vaccine is kicking the body's system into gear.

"It's as if you've started a cold car, with the first dose," says Dr. Poland. "The car is idling. Then you give it that second dose, and because the car has warmed up, you can put the pedal to the metal and go." But everybody is going to respond differently.

"Each of our bodies releases different amounts of chemicals, or immune signals. One body might release more than what's needed, causing more of a response, and someone else's body might release exactly the right amount. It's what we've called the 'Goldilocks phenomenon.' Not too much, not too little, but just right."
Dr. Greg Poland
Dr. Poland says a reaction does not mean anything is wrong. "It's an indication that your body is revved up, prepared to do battle against what it thinks is a foreign invader." If people have less of a reaction, it does not mean they aren't developing an immune response, Dr. Poland emphasizes.

Dr. Melanie Swift, co-chair of Mayo Clinic's COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation and Distribution Work Group, says all vaccines could cause some degree of reaction. The same is true with the COVID-19 vaccines.

"They do provoke an immune reaction, which can cause symptoms," says Dr. Swift. "That shouldn't be confused with being harmful or being unsafe. It's what the vaccine is intended to do."

Last edited:

We Found Out Why Some People Won't Experience Any COVID-19 Vaccine Side Effects​

Zee Krstic
Wed, April 14, 2021, 10:34 AM

• Clinical trials suggest that most vaccinated individuals will not experience side effects after their first shot, with more experiencing no side effects at any point.
  • Your immune system is working against COVID-19 even if you do not exhibit any symptoms.
  • Experts say two demographics may be more likely to experience no vaccine side effects, and not to be alarmed if your vaccine doesn't impact what's known as reactogenicity.

At any rate, a lack of a physical reaction (caused by what's known as your body's "reactogenicity") to the COVID-19 vaccine doesn't mean your body isn't working on building immunity to the disease, explains Stanley Martin, M.D., an infectious disease clinician at Geisinger, a Pennsylvania-based healthcare system.

"Lots of vaccines work in different ways, but they are all stimulating your immune system to one degree or another; if you look at reactogenicity and those side effects, they vary a bit depending on the vaccine," he tells Good Housekeeping. "There's not necessarily any correlation between the reactogenicity side effects you experience and the success of your vaccine taking hold."

I did not realise so much is involved in a simple jab for covid immunity.
Tks prasad ji.I am better informed now
Now covid infection is sweeping india.
Delhi is in very bad shape.
I have locked myself in an aprtment complex in blore.
No contact with anyone .
I have a live in maid from delhi who came along with us .
So good so far .
I do not know what future holds for us

What lead to upsurge in covid cases?
Kumbh mela with thousands taking a dip in ganges.Political rallies for state elections contributed I think
Now all are screaming for oxygen cylinders .
Many dying home or in hospitals
Health system is under heavy strain.
Doctors and health care workers over worked.
Hope the crisis passes in couple of months

Like Nero fiddling we are watching cricket matches insensetive to misery and death around.
Dozens of bodies are waiting for cremation when it was 2 or 3 a day.
Almost every family has lost a dear one _:a parent or spouseor cousin
So most are numb.
But some are celebrating engagement of son or daughter. My nephew got engaged in a low key ceremony What a time to think of celebration

I do not know when to take the second jab
It is said that for max. efficacycit has to be after 10 to12cweeks
You would have got SMS and in that there is a link to get provisional certificate and details based on aadhaar number. There it is mentioned the period during which II dose need be taken

Like Nero fiddling we are watching cricket matches insensetive to misery and death around.
Dozens of bodies are waiting for cremation when it was 2 or 3 a day.
Almost every family has lost a dear one _:a parent or spouseor cousin
So most are numb.
But some are celebrating engagement of son or daughter. My nephew got engaged in a low key ceremony What a time to think of celebration
Nero was a king responsible to take actions. These some people are not responsible to the current situation. So many voluteers are working but you are sitting in your room . If it is wrong then low key ceremony is also wrong.

Why this hue and cry about covid.
The pandemic does not recognise financial status . It affects well off and the poor.
Poor are hurt more as livelihood is hurt.
They do not get easy access to medical treatment.
Shortage of vaccine or oxygen hurts them more.
When one sees ambulances waiting outside hospitals for admission of patients in delhi hospitals the exact status on the ground can be seen.
Bangalore is much better.
I could get vaccinated at doorstep.
In good hospitals the emergency staff handles cases well
Only junior residenrt doctors and nurses take care of patients.Senior doctors sit home and make themselves available for consultation
Ambulance services afe good and speedy with fast response.
Blore is a good place to fall sick.if there is a choice of cities.
Delhi is an over populated jungle.
It is bearing the brunt of covid infection like mumbai or places in maharashtra.

What interests me is what happens to indian stock market.
Though there is a dip pharma shares are doing well.Manufacurers of vaccines ,hospital or testing lab shares are doing well
Steel shares are up.FMCG is ok.
Banks are taking a hit Finance sector is down.
Since all IT personnel are working from home MNCs are vacating offices .Housewives have to put up with husbands 24by 7 .Working women have to manage office and home work.Children are locked home and house helps have vanished

and gone to villages due to economic downturn.
Men cannot hit bars as they have curtailed hours and homes are not great places for hitting the bottle
Senior relatives are being drafted to help manage homes of daughter or daughter in laws.
They have become valuable resources.

What lead to upsurge in covid cases?
Kumbh mela with thousands taking a dip in ganges.Political rallies for state elections contributed I think
Now all are screaming for oxygen cylinders .
Many dying home or in hospitals
Health system is under heavy strain.
Doctors and health care workers over worked.
Hope the crisis passes in couple of months
The Kumbha Mela has generated swarms of super spreaders. Even if they managed to cleanse themselves of all their earlier sins by bathing in the Ganga, they have now accumulated much more (sin) by spreading the virus and causing the deaths of so many of their fellow beings and bringing hardship and sorrow to the families of the deceased. For some of these survivor victims these horrible memories can never be erased.

And why absolve the farmers' rally? Their leaders said they were well stocked with provisions for several months and that they would continue en masse. Does that not smack of arrogance and strong arm methods? From the interviews on TV it was quite clear that they were ready to exploit the pandemic situation. They could also be partly responsible. Even if it makes no difference to the farmers, it is a fact that they became loathsome to many people who had earlier supported their cause.

If the political parties (starting with the BJP) had avoided election rallies (of course that is more than even dreaming of Utopia) this upsurge could have been greatly controlled. And just 5 years back, many of these candidates had taken an oath to serve the people and ensure their welfare and will be soon renewing that meaningless oath. If there had been no elections (recently) and therefore no rallies, I am sure that (at least) the pseudo secular parties could and would have slammed the Kumbha Mela. These leaders (all parties) had themselves been responsible for large gatherings of people and knowingly created many more swarms of super spreaders. They had forfeited the moral right and were in no position to criticise the Kumbha Mela devotees or pull up the government that permitted the festival.

As to people screaming for oxygen and health system under heavy strain, just read this:
Oxygen Shortage
According to Inox Director Siddharth Jain, currently the oxygen problem is one of transportation and not production but if the cases cross 5 lac per day, there could be a real crisis as the production would be insufficient to meet the requirement. The daily figures for the last 3 days were 3.14 lac, 3.32 lac and 3.46 lac. Unless some miracle happens we could very soon breach the danger mark of 5 lac cases per day and if that happens the scenes are too dreadful to imagine. Vedanta, Tuticorin (which was forcibly closed over environment issues) have sought permission to reopen the plant for oxygen production which they say they will give for free. The Supreme Court is goading the Tamilnadu Govt to take over the plant for the limited purpose of oxygen production and if this happens it can help to some extent. And we are importing oxygen generation plants from Germany and that should also provide some relief.

Though, as per reports, it is likely to peak in mid May, there are many reports that it will take till end 2021 for the country to reach a reasonable level of stability (whatever that means!).

As they say, we need to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Maybe, the most appropriate wish/ prayer at this time is:
Sarve janah sukhino bhavantu​

Why this hue and cry about latest wave of corona.?
During first wave last year it is urban slum dwellers and have nots getting affected

In the latest wave the elite are becoming affected.
So things are getting blown up more than before
Apartment complex residents are getting vaccinated at doorstep.
Those with corona are only home quarantied.
I have a family in 7th floor home restricted.In lift one has to be extra carefull
Maids and cooks are extra checked at gate of apt. complex
Many house helps have left for villages as they feel the pinch of downturn.
So many women both housewives and working women are forced to cook themselves.
When support systems fail working women feel the pain
MNC employees are getting hurt as they show
no mercy and over work their staff.
Govt needs to regulate MNC in india.
They do in india what they would not dare to do in western countries.
The layoffs are hurting .

Western media sre blowing up the indian corona wave and collapse of health care system.
FII are withdrawing their money from indian stock market.Domestic institutions like LIC are buying up shares at rock botom prices to prop up the market.
The brave with strong heart can inv est in shares and make a killing.
Since industries are not doing well GDP may come down but indian agriculture will cushion the impact of slow down
Though prices are going up due to food inflation
rationing system is smooth
Well off have no worries. Everything is available ar a slightly hiher price
Companies are offering higher discounts to sell consumer discretionary products.So one can buy AC Frig and expensive mobiles on discount.
Actually it is good life for elites but for corona related issues

When the tsunami struck in 2004, poor people (mostly fisher folk) who had their huts on the beaches were rendered homeless. Tiruvanmiyur, Chennai is one such place and a very elite area with only a few hundred metres separating splendid apartments from the huts. The poor people who lost their homes felt that the apartment dwellers were indifferent to their plight and they became violent. The situation could have become very serious but for timely police intervention followed by relief measures arranged by volunteer groups.

The corona could blow over to deluxe apartments in a very different form. All people who are in a position to help should get in touch with voluntary organizations and contribute what they can.

Many in the country take pride in being poor and living off govt doles or many voluntary group money. These voluntary groups collect money from agencies abroad propagating religion other than hinduism. Voluntary groups live off money from abroad or money collected as donation from gullible.
Daily I find many with receipt books trying to extract money .If you have no job floating a NGO is the best way to make a good living

Election time is the best time for the economy
Lot of foreign and unaccounted money gets spent on election material meetings and paid crowds. In fact there is economic boom now with four state elections .Winning candidates recover the money when they use their power after election to award contracts and to bestow favours

Latest ads

Back