• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

courses after plus2

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear friends,
my son has written plus 2 exam and is waiting for the result. now in my house the only subject for discussion is what next. He is appearing for many entrance exam and waits for result. I wouldlike him to study in Tamilnadu rather than in Kerala. My personlal preference is for EEEorEIE or ECE rather than computer course. My son has no particular preference or taste. I would like to know (1) the better colleges in and around coimbatore. (2) Likely amount to be paid for management quota (3). Placement prospectus (4) Scope for job after completion of course. (5)are we having any college giving preference to brahmins with above course (6) also scope for theabove course in future (7) scope for any other course

dear krs,

best wishes to your son. it is a great starting point in life, after school, pre college.

God Bless.

mr Krs ,

i just now finished my engg degree the best course i would suggest ur son to take is E&I or civil or mechanical ..... E&I is more in demand in asia wide placement opportunities in core companies like titan , lanco , etc especially need instrumentation based employees , second choice is mechanical best clge for these two courses is Sona technology ( salem ) , bannari institute , kongu engg clge , kumaraguru clge !!!

In the order of importance attached to each of these, prioritize your choice. Then automatically, things will fall in place.

1. Maximum amount you can spend.

2. State and City preferred.

3. If there is any particular college/institution you have in mind.

4. Last but not the least, the branch of study (specialization)

mr Krs ,

i just now finished my engg degree the best course i would suggest ur son to take is E&I or civil or mechanical ..... E&I is more in demand in asia wide placement opportunities in core companies like titan , lanco , etc especially need instrumentation based employees , second choice is mechanical best clge for these two courses is Sona technology ( salem ) , bannari institute , kongu engg clge , kumaraguru clge !!!

I heard from one youngster that there is one Institute of Technology in Vellore and is a good one. What is your view pl.?

thank you friends for your suggestion. As stated in the start of thread I had nithing spoecial in mind. The only condition was it should be engineering and not computer. The maximum amount I could afford at this stage is 3 to 4 lacs. I had in mind that outside kerala, especially in tamilnadu the teaching will be good. My son would get an opportunity to be out of house /state and learn life.

Shri Subramaniam,

First, all the very best to your son. Did your son complete plus 2 in kerala or TN? The admission process in colleges under Anna university vary for Non TN students (I'm not very sure, please check).

arvind89 had pointed out private colleges in and around the coimbatore. But if your son scores very well then look for government colleges (in coimbatore, we have CIT,GCT). PSG is another good college in coimbatore.
Also I would suggest you to give more importance to college over course. For eg, your son gets computer science in CIT and also gets E&I in some other private college then go for computer science in CIT. The campus placements in government and govt aided Engg colleges are always higher than their private counterparts. Don't go by the myth that 'coaching' in govt colleges would not be up to the mark, coaching is just not upto the mark in any of the colleges. It becomes the students responsibility to study,understand,gain knowledge and get placed. Its that simple.
Yes there are many private coleges that provide good infrastructure compared to govt colleges but still only the 'upper crest students' make any real use of it. It makes little difference when it comes to campus placements. If you think your son may take up higher studies,research etc in the future only then all the 'hi-fi' infrastructure come into play.
If you don't want computer science,still i would suggest that you give more importance to non CS courses in Govt and govt aided colleges.
I'm not very sure of the management fees in private colleges around coimbatore.

are we having any college giving preference to brahmins with above course
:pound:

Shri Sangom,
I think you are talking about Vellore Institute of technology (VIT). Shri Subramaniam says he can spend maximum of 4 lacs, so I think we can very well rule out VIT from the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back