• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Countering terrorism and other problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravna

Dear Folks,

Most important among the next in the agenda which is also of utmost immediate concern is terrorism. Let us also use our positive thoughts to prevent any occurrence of terrorist activity in India. Let India show the world that spiritual power can counter the most violent of problems.

From today I suggest the following areas of focus:

1. Crime
2. Terrorism
3. Pollution and Cleanliness
4. Corruption
5. Climate control

If India can lead in each of the above, where 1,2 and 5 have been tough to achieve even in developed countries, India can become a model nation.

This way of influencing events for some reason or other has not occurred to us and let us make a sincere attempt. The benefits from the above are immense and one needs to spend only a little time a day and collectively I believe it can make a huge transformation.

Hey Sravna...what are you suggesting yaar?

Sit down a few minutes a day and send out thought waves to counteract terrorism?

There is a Sanskrit saying that goes:

उद्यमेन हि सिध्यंति कार्याणि न मनोरथै:।

न हि सुप्तस्य सिंहस्य प्रविशन्ति मुखे मृगा:॥

English Translation of Sanskrit Quote:

Work gets completed by efforts, not by thinking only.
Deer do not enter into the mouth of sleeping lion.
(He has to actively hunt them.)

Hey Sravna...what are you suggesting yaar?

Sit down a few minutes a day and send out thought waves to counteract terrorism?

There is a Sanskrit saying that goes:

उद्यमेन हि सिध्यंति कार्याणि न मनोरथै:।

न हि सुप्तस्य सिंहस्य प्रविशन्ति मुखे मृगा:॥

English Translation of Sanskrit Quote:

Work gets completed by efforts, not by thinking only.
Deer do not enter into the mouth of sleeping lion.
(He has to actively hunt them.)

Dear Renuka,

Thoughts are greater reality. At a sufficiently powerful level they can do more than actions do and may be even more, things unimaginable by actions.

I am starting a new thread on logical understanding and applications of spirituality. Check it out.

What is the procedure? Just prayers?

But I am alsoofthe belief that actions along with pure thoughts help us acheive this faster.

This thread is in GD section. So there can be counter points.

Studies show it does not.

Prayer is a Placebo Effect at best. In studies like that performed by Harvard Medical School, prayer was shown to act no better than placebo. In fact, in this study prayer was specifically looked at in relation to recovery after surgery. It was found that those who were prayed for and knew of it did not recover faster than the control group with any statistical significance. And interestingly, the group that was prayed for but unaware of it (the group that would show if prayer had any real,n on-placebo effect) did WORSE than the control group.

Herbert Benson led a study to determine if prayers by congregations who did not know heart bypass patients would reduce the complications of surgery. They didn't. In fact, some prayed-for patients fared worse than those who did not receive prayers.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/04.06/05-prayer.html

http://www.freethoughtpedia.com/wiki/Harvard_prayer_experiment

If prayer works it is not logical ? Can any favor be achieved by merely praying ?

Prayer is a psychological exercise. It may take you away from the stress and worry. But can it affect the outcome of anything? If it affects, is it logical ? Can i get a job i want merely by praying ? If i get it, is it not due to my suitability for the job or is it because i simply prayed ? Can a person avoid any outcome by merely chanting ? No doubt, chanting can give you some solace. But can it be a master magician or is it only our mental perception?

I do believe in Brahman. Prayer In am doubtful.

Last edited:
Dear Shri Indianassault, Shri Prasad,

I am suggesting something similar to prayers. In prayers you appeal to an external God. What I believe is that each person has immense hidden power and for some it manifests patently.. If you are able to employ that power using your thoughts and focus on a problem, it can have an effect on the problem. Just like planning and implementing through actions, you rely on thoughts alone to accomplish the task.

You are appealing to the God within you.

Dear Sravna,

How many hours a day do you spend on these mind exercises to change the world?

I am really curious.

Also can you cite me any religious text which says that men achieves everything by thinking alone which in my opinion is a polite word for INACTION.

I have a neighbour who does not know how to keep the outside of her house free from clutter.

She throws old tires..food containers etc outside and water collects and Dengue larvae breed and as it is there has been fatal cases of Dengue in the area.fumigation too goes on yet she does not care to keep her environment clean.

So many of them in one house yet no one cares to be a bit more pro active.

I have told her before politely that the health department is coming for inspection...better clear all the clutter becos they would be fining anyone who harbours dengue larvae at home.

Even then she does not bother...so last week I did the unthinkable.

I actually cleaned the outside of her house..threw away her clutter and it was all filled with larvae..she saw me and came running to me as why I am cleaning her outside of her house.

I told her..I am helping you cos its all full of Dengue larvae..anyone of us could die becos of this..you have grandkids at home..why take risk..there have been deaths in the area..may be you have not seen Dengue deaths..but I have seen..so let me help you clear your house.

Right away she called her sons and they cleaned up their garden.

So Sravna...I had to get into action..not just merely wishing and sending thought waves that my neighbour would clean her house!

Dear Renuka,

Mind potentially has absolute powers. In the extreme case one is omnipotent, omniscient. So anything is possible by thoughts alone.This is because of the divinity in everyone.

Dear Renuka,

Mind potentially has absolute powers. In the extreme case one is omnipotent, omniscient. So anything is possible by thoughts alone.This is because of the divinity in everyone.

Dear Sravna,

Are you omnipotent and omniscient yet?

Dear Sravna,

I am going to ask a direct question here.

Just say a man wants to have a child with his wife...can she get pregnant if the husband just thinks of impregnating her?

If this is possible than even the neighbour can impregnate her isnt it by sending thought waves!LOL

Even the great Veda Vyasa had to impregnate the Queens physically in order to conceive Pandu and Dhristarasthra.

Why didnt he resort to using spiritual powers to impregnate them?

Dear Renuka,

I can sense the spiritual energy in the body constantly rising. Let us wait and see.

Dear Sravna,

A lack of neurotransmitters too can give a sensation of something rising in the body..at times its like a mild heat sensation travelling along the spine.

Its not spiritual power..its just altered sensorium.

Dear Sravna,

Just say a man wants to have a child with his wife...can she get pregnant if the husband just thinks of impregnating her?

If this is possible than even the neighbour can impregnate her isnt it by sending thought waves!LOL

Even the great Veda Vyasa had to impregnate the Queens physically in order to conceive Pandu and Dhristarasthra.

Yes Renuka I think it is possible. We are not used to seeing such levels of power at work, Our ancient texts talk about mind born children Anything is possible but everything happens with a purpose.

Folks,

Just a reminder for using your thoughts on the problems mentioned. The objective is in the next three months crime, corruption, pollution should noticeably reduce and that there are no terrorist acts.

Last edited:
Here is a simple test which I believe helps one know how much spiritual power one has:

The ability to control:

Anger
pride
lust
temptation
envy
greed

The more of the above you are able to control and the extent to which you are able to control will reliably indicate the spiritual power IMO.

Give a score from 0 to 1 ( 0 -never, 0.33- in a shallow way i.e in behavior only, 0.66-in a deeper way i.e., most of the times not only in behavior but in an inner way too, 1-always) for each depending on the extent you are able to control them. Any score over 3 indicates spiritual power

A score over 5 indicates spiritual power of the highest level.

The good news is spiritual power can be increased by learning to control the above six weaknesses.

Last edited:
Here's another simple test, this time for selfish power:

Consider the following weaknesses:

Anger
Pride
Lust
Greed
Envy
Temptation

Score them from 0 to 1(0- if you are never able to control them in a shallow way i.e. in behavior only, 0.33- If you are
able to control them in a shallow ways sometimes, 0.66-If you are able to control them in a shallow way most of the times, 1-if you are able to control in a shallow way almost all the times and for a very long time)

You have selfish power if you score over 3 and extremely high selfish power if above 5.

Last edited:
For quality of life or happiness,

if you have spiritual power i.e, above 3 , multiply it by 5/3
if you have selfish power i.e., above 3, multiply it by 5/6
For others take the average of two powers and multiply it by 5/12

You will get a quality of life on a 10 point scale

I assume that all possess a reasonable amount of money at least.

Folks,

I believe it is not easy to be selfish in the least self destructive way. Most who are selfish are selfish in a self destructive way. The maximum selfish power I would give anyone I have seen or known is between 4 and 5. Even Hitler would not qualify for a selfish power of above 5 IMO as he quickly fell prey to his selfishness.

Folks,

I believe it is not easy to be selfish in the least self destructive way. Most who are selfish are selfish in a self destructive way. The maximum selfish power I would give anyone I have seen or known is between 4 and 5. Even Hitler would not qualify for a selfish power of above 5 IMO as he quickly fell prey to his selfishness.

I think instead of controlling terrorism, we should control greed. That is the root cause of all evil...What Kaurvas did for power and wealth by deceit is beig done now also for the sake of walth and power .

Dear Sravna,

I also think more spiritual power means more gun power also..:D

............... From today I suggest the following areas of focus:

1. Crime
2. Terrorism
3. Pollution and Cleanliness
4. Corruption
5. Climate control
I M H O, neither prayer nor spiritual energy will solve these problems.

Educated and well placed persons rarely commit any crime or become a terrorist.

Very severe punishment ONLY can control crime, terrorism, pollution and corruption.

Instant punishment and on the spot fine will change India to a better country!

Contol of climate and weather are in the hands of nature, which is very powerful.

May be, our ancient sages were powerful and could do some feats! :thumb:

P. S: I wonder whether Sravna Sir was a sage of ancient India? :noidea:

I M H O, neither prayer nor spiritual energy will solve these problems.

Very severe punishment ONLY can control crime, terrorism, pollution and corruption.

Instant punishment and on the spot fine will change India to a better country!

Contol of climate and weather are in the hands of nature, which is very powerful.

May be, our ancient sages were powerful and could do some feats! :thumb:

P. S: I wonder whether Sravna Sir was a sage of ancient India? :noidea:

Dear Smt.RR,

There is nothing more difficult than control of emotions . If you can bring your emotions under control you have control over everything including climate.

:noidea:

The trend is changing RR ji...lots of IS members are professionals too.

Terrorism is a state of mind becos of wrong understanding of religion and spirituality.

One feels they are cleansing the world from evil doers but they end up becoming evil themselves.

Last edited:
Here's another simple test, this time for selfish power:

Consider the following weaknesses:

Anger
Pride
Lust
Greed
Envy
Temptation

Score them from 0 to 1(0- if you are never able to control them in a shallow way i.e. in behavior only, 0.33- If you are
able to control them in a shallow ways sometimes, 0.66-If you are able to control them in a shallow way most of the times, 1-if you are able to control in a shallow way almost all the times and for a very long time)

You have selfish power if you score over 3 and extremely high selfish power if above 5.

Dear Sravna,

Controlling an urge of any kind does not = spiritual powers.

If one still has to resort to control that shows one is just like anyone else.

No super hero special powers.

OK Sravna...lets discuss your grading system.

Coming to anger...we females are estrogen based..we seldom fly into a rage like a male unless Swarnaka from Dhool is our relative!LOL

A female usually gets a different type of anger..where its more of feelings getting hurt instead of getting all out of control.

For me.I hardly get angry cos anger does not solve anything..if some is irritating me I usually try to play some reverse psychology and confuse the person.

Recently someone got angry with me cos he felt I was not too polite to him..so instead of shouting back to the person I told him..I admire his ability to detect my agitation..cos I was not in a good mood and could have sounded rude sans any true intention of being rude and told that person that he was still calm even then and that shows his ability to handle any situation and I should strive to be more like him.

Actually the truth is that person had totally pissed me off cos it was his mistake..so I had raised my voice tone a little and that person thought I was rude.

Now...Sravna..if I had fought back..what would have happened?

Anger would lead to a war of words..who the heck wants that?

So I praised him and he fell for it..case closed..anger didnt even have to sprout.

Coming to others...pride is worthless...it leads to prejudice and what the hell to feel too proud of anything? What on earth would last forever?

Beauty fades with age..A high IQ might be erased with Dementia..Money might get lost....so pride is a useless feeling.

Greed is sign of insecurity..the fear of losses and one starts to desire more and more.

Envy is a sign of inferiority complex.

Temptation is part of existence to try something new.The mind seeks thrills..just like in your case..you are tempted to use spiritual powers for almost everything now.

Lust..now this is interesting.

Lust is a fun situation that is we do not lust for others but enjoy the kiccku of others lusting for us. Females are expert in this field!LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back