• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

corruption - inhuman

Status
Not open for further replies.
My elder son died in Singapore on 4th of this month. The Singapore branch of his employer company sent his body to Chennai by air. There were many formalities to go through for taking delivery. Most of them were attended to by the clearing agent of his company.

But there were some which only the relatives of the deceased could do. First of them was a clearance from the Airport Health Officer. One of my relatives represented me there. The officer was delaying unnecessarily and when pressed, he expressed his desire to be bribed. "கவனிச்சுட்டு வாங்கிட்டுப் போங்க." My relative pointed out that it was a dead body and not a commercially profitable cargo and we were all in grief. But the officer saw the huge crowd waiting outside with grief stricken faces, guessed the weight of our purse and insisted on his pound of flesh.

He was given five hundred rupees and the papers were signed in a few seconds. After an ordeal of 4 hours the body was loaded on to our van at 2.30 A.M. on 7th.

The gate-keeper and the police constables who usually collect mamools for every cargo, allowed us free exit and even when offered declined it politely saying, உங்க கிட்ட வாங்கினா நல்லா இருக்க மாட்டோம், சார்.

Ironically, during the initial enquiry, the officer asked about our caste and sect and without our asking, revealed his own. His name is A.Parthasarathy Iyengar.

Last edited:
Police refused the Offering is really a Wonder and Very Hard To believe.
As regards the Anti Human Doctor,dont worry.Now all the related Karmas might be over.
You can make a Complaint to the Airport authorities and copy of a Complaint to DVAC (Vigilance and Anti Corruption.
But now a days there is Corruption in Anti Corruption also.You might have seen on papers that a Cruel Anti Corruption official demanded Bribe to Disqualify a Bribery Case.

Each and Every Indian Citizen in India must take the Awathar of Ramana and then only we can make a full stop to such EVIL Bribe.

Supposing if you make a complaint just as I said,such dealing officials may Fill their pockets with Bribe from the Respective Doctor.

My elder son died in Singapore on 4th of this month. The Singapore branch of his employer company sent his body to Chennai by air. There were many formalities to go through for taking delivery. Most of them were attended to by the clearing agent of his company.

But there were some which only the relatives of the deceased could do. First of them was a clearance from the Airport Health Officer. One of my relatives represented me there. The officer was delaying unnecessarily and when pressed, he expressed his desire to be bribed. "கவனிச்சுட்டு வாங்கிட்டுப் போங்க." My relative pointed out that it was a dead body and not a commercially profitable cargo and we were all in grief. But the officer saw the huge crowd waiting outside with grief stricken faces, guessed the weight of our purse and insisted on his pound of flesh.

He was given five hundred rupees and the papers were signed in a few seconds. After an ordeal of 4 hours the body was loaded on to our van at 2.30 A.M. on 7th.

The gate-keeper and the police constables who usually collect mamools for every cargo, allowed us free exit and even when offered declined it politely saying, உங்க கிட்ட வாங்கினா நல்லா இருக்க மாட்டோம், சார்.

Ironically, during the initial enquiry, the officer asked about our caste and sect and without our asking, revealed his own. His name is A.Parthasarathy Iyengar.

Dear Shri Vikrama,

My heartfelt condolences to you on this great tragedy which has befallen you and your family. May you all get the necessary courage to tide over this crisis.

As for the corruption scenario, my view is this. The police constables and gatekeeper have more human essence in them whereas the health officer does not. I do not think caste plays any role in this and it is only a coincidence that the health officer happened to be an Iyengar. I am of the view that the corruption in our country is directly proportional to the religiousness of its people. Here there is corruption right in our smritis and puranas and other religious lore. The Mahabharata contains a whole lot of instances where Dharma is shown as what the victor's side does. Hence, unconsciously our entire populace has become inured to seeing dharma in adharma if done in god's name. I am sure the corrupt people must be donating a percentage of their corrupt income to temples, mutts and all. That is India's greatest tragedy.:sad:

dear vikrama,

my heartfelt sorrow at hearing the news of your son. this is not meant to be ie children preceding their parents. please accept our deepest sympathies.

each time i hear such incidents, and of late i appear to be hearing more of the same, i am aghast at the wasteage of young lives and the resultant intense sorrow to the grieving parents. why would God let such things happen to good people?

re the behaviour of the health officer, i don't even know where to start. i am unable even to fathom such insensitivity. i am so sorry that you had to go through such, in time of your deepest grief.

God Bless.

Dear Sri Vikrama,

I am very sorry to hear about the sad demise of your dear son and hasten to convey my heart felt condolences on the bereavement. At this hour of grief I pray God Almighty to give you strength to bear this irreparable loss.
The unfortunate incident at the Airport reveals the vagaries of human nature both good and bad. Please be assured each one has to reap the results of his actions before he leaves.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Sri Vikrama Sir,

Extremely sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences. Hope yourself and your family is able to cope.

I sincerely suggest you to file a case on the corrupt officer. You may approach the Vigilance and Anti-Corruption personnel. I feel, the only way to nip corruption is to take legal course and write about the incident in every newspaper with the name and designation of the corrupt officer.

I do not know how inhuman animals are able to demand bribe even in such type of situations.

dear Vikramaji,

I am so sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences and hope everyone is alright.

Take care

Sri Vikrama Sir,

Extremely sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences. Hope yourself and your family is able to cope.

I sincerely suggest you to file a case on the corrupt officer. You may approach the Vigilance and Anti-Corruption personnel. I feel, the only way to nip corruption is to take legal course and write about the incident in every newspaper with the name and designation of the corrupt officer.

I do not know how inhuman animals are able to demand bribe even in such type of situations.

Smt. HappyHindu,

Though this does not suit the trend of this thread, may I say that there is no scope for filing any case or complaint now against that corrupt officer, because if we are able to prove it, the giver of the bribe will also be charged. And it will be very difficult to prove that a bribe was demanded. The correct way was to inform the anti-corruption wing, with their assistance pay the bribe with 'marked' notes and get that officer caught. But can we imagine anyone to have the mental presence to do all such things in a situation like this?

That is why the Health Officer is confident.

Another thought which passes my mind now is that compared to the gatekeeper, police, et., who get 'tipped' for everything from pins to aeroplanes, the items for which the Health Officer's clearance is needed, are very few. Perhaps this also has to be taken into account when judging the apparently human attitude of the others.

I second the views expressed in posts 6 & 9 above.

Shri.Vikrama, Please accept my deepest condolences.

I want to post two quotes as a symbolic expression of my mind.
1. "Whom the God loves, dies young" - Disraeli
2. "When it comes to money, everyone is of same religion" - Unknown

My sincere condolences to Sri. Vikrama on his great loss and his subsequent sufferings. May God bless his departed son with peace. I deeply pray to God to give you comfort and reform people.

Sri Vikrama,

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family on this poignant tragedy of your son's demise. Its suffocating to death on finding such living dead on authority to complete airport formality as health officers, who need to be paid under the table by the grieving families, to do his part of work.

May the almighty give courage to you and your family to brave this terrible loss. And may your son find eternal peace and have a blissful union with the Almighty.

I can understand and feel extremely, the grief and the acute pain of losing our loved ones as my 73 years old dad recently passed away smoothly and safely on 23rd December morning at home in Chennai due heart failure. I Love him toooooooooo much and I could not withstand the shock at 6:45am, U.A.E time. From the time I heard the news and reached home at 10pm same day, I was totally blank and felt like everything has come to stand still. The pain was acute and was so for so many days. Still I could not hold myself crying at times, thinking of my dad.

Relationships and memories are never time bound. Though, time and tide wait for no men, love and respect goes beyond horizon.

Chi.Ravi,

Kindly accept my condolences. May your father's soul rest in peace. May the Lord grant the strength to your family to see this loss through.

Ref.: Post no.12

My condolences to you. I was also overseas when I lost my father. It is a coincidence that I also travelled via UAE to Chennai. I can understand your grief.

"Relationship and memories are never time bound" - very true. I recollect my Tamil poem:
பிரிவைத்தான் சோகமென பிதற்றிக் கொண்டிருந்தேன்
நினைவுகள்தான் கனமானவை

Heartfelt condolences to Sri. Ravi on his father's loss. A parent's loss is removal of a part of one's body. The grief takes along time to subside. I pray to God to bless the departed soul with peace. May God bless you!

Dear Friends,

Seperation of this kind is sorrowful. Condolences to both.

But the reality is that corruption has come to stay- from birth to death.
To get a birth certificate you will have to bribe. You will have to bribe
at the crematorium, and finally a hefty amount to get a death certificate !
This is a fact. In between these two, corruption is in full swing everywhere
like Paramatma !!!

To whom you can complain ? The person receiving the complaint himself
has a share in it. The vettiyan at the cemetry says ' sir , I will have to give
a major portion to the top . They do nothing. Here we live among spirits
dancing around in the night !'.

Human or inhuman, corruption has come of age, and unless there is a mass
social revolution , nothing will change.

Dear Friends,

If any of us - through our friends' friends' route can reach this message to the corrupt officer - by reading this if he changes his mind in respect of his future transactions - then the purpose of this column is served.

The officer under reference is totally devoid of any human sentiments. That is why he is quite unmoved by the plight of the relatives of the deceased person and demanded a bribe at the airport. IMO there will not even be an iota of change in his attitude and he will continue to harass the people in the same manner. However I think the purpose of the
column has already been served as Sri.Vikrama was able to share, his painful and unpleasant experiences, with the members of this forum.
I convey my heartfelt condolences to Sri. Vikrama and Sri.Ravi
on the bereavement of their beloved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back