• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Negligence and corruption: why bridges keep collapsing in India

Primary is politics. They expect the contract and control goes to their own peoples. Qualified Engineering peoples free from political wriggle should be there. Machinery play an important role.
Long time back I happen to see a particular bridge construction. It is a cross road the road cutting the city highway and goes even to Airport, side by side big hospital. When I happen to see little boys working on the vertical reinforcement. It didn't get scaffolding for the column. When sudden rain the vertical reinforcement fell towards the side of the road blocking the traffic. Here no proper planning and no Machinery at site. Today concrete mixer is nit a problem as ready mixer is quickly available with vibratory support. But long gap between fixing reinforcement and scaffolding. Contractor have no dignity to do their work efficiently but had to face lots hindrances. Then there is labour issues. Reinforcement steel fall in the open and full of rust. How can you expect a quality when rusted steel bars are used.
Planning and Operations are very important and without outside indulgence of any kind. It is a usual practice that bosses of all the agencies made to be present when concreting a structure so that every agencies part if the work inside the concrete slab or column or beam is completed by the agencies so that the structure could be poured with cement concrete. But I am afraid such a kind of control is ever followed now.
Responsibility is a self possessed in the mind of peoples. If you start suspecting each other we can't drink even a glass of water.
Selecting well equipped contractors is primary more than giving contracts to unknown and unknowled contractors. Public suffers and tax payers money is wasted.

Primary is politics. They expect the contract and control goes to their own peoples. Qualified Engineering peoples free from political wriggle should be there. Machinery play an important role.
Long time back I happen to see a particular bridge construction. It is a cross road the road cutting the city highway and goes even to Airport, side by side big hospital. When I happen to see little boys working on the vertical reinforcement. It didn't get scaffolding for the column. When sudden rain the vertical reinforcement fell towards the side of the road blocking the traffic. Here no proper planning and no Machinery at site. Today concrete mixer is nit a problem as ready mixer is quickly available with vibratory support. But long gap between fixing reinforcement and scaffolding. Contractor have no dignity to do their work efficiently but had to face lots hindrances. Then there is labour issues. Reinforcement steel fall in the open and full of rust. How can you expect a quality when rusted steel bars are used.
Planning and Operations are very important and without outside indulgence of any kind. It is a usual practice that bosses of all the agencies made to be present when concreting a structure so that every agencies part if the work inside the concrete slab or column or beam is completed by the agencies so that the structure could be poured with cement concrete. But I am afraid such a kind of control is ever followed now.
Responsibility is a self possessed in the mind of peoples. If you start suspecting each other we can't drink even a glass of water.
Selecting well equipped contractors is primary more than giving contracts to unknown and unknowled contractors. Public suffers and tax payers money is wasted.
hi

our attitude.....SAB KUCH CHALTA HAI.....BHAGAVAN PAR BAROSA RAKNA....

Today no one sees the bad effect on the society, when they permit anything. Example Online Games intruding our personal mobile. Government found another way of income by GST 28%. Once you pay it, then it is legal. On the one hand we talk of liquor damaging the society but tax collection is the coffers. Now this gambling. Third one happening in the shadow is only remaining. I only remember the conversation in Sholay Movie. Mr.Amitabh goes to Mousi and seek Kum.Vasanth's hand for his friend Mr.Darmendra. He tells one by one and sirf itna hi hai....mousi ji.....

Today no one sees the bad effect on the society, when they permit anything. Example Online Games intruding our personal mobile. Government found another way of income by GST 28%. Once you pay it, then it is legal. On the one hand we talk of liquor damaging the society but tax collection is the coffers. Now this gambling. Third one happening in the shadow is only remaining. I only remember the conversation in Sholay Movie. Mr.Amitabh goes to Mousi and seek Kum.Vasanth's hand for his friend Mr.Darmendra. He tells one by one and sirf itna hi hai....mousi ji.....
hi

see the problem.....money is makes problem.....a lot of liquor sell by government....but no drinking water

supply.....everybody want freebie and free money from government.....so every where and everything

corrupted.....

The Mizoram affair is a terrible tragedy.
But as a member pointed out the primary reason is politics or more specifically politicians.
Even in Chennai, road laying is big business for politicians. Roads are laid / repaired generally at the start of the rainy season, in the full knowledge (and eager anticipation) that the rains and heavy vehicles will seriously damage these roads so that fresh contracts for repair can be awarded to contractors who will share the profits with their mentor politicians.

Latest ads

Back