• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Congrats to govt on 100th day of Indo-Pak Ceasefire..

At the very outset I would like to acknowledge that there have been two small incidents of firing in the last 100 days but the majority of the time there has been no firing like in the past when locals and army personnel and equipment were incessantly fired upon in the border as well as LAC area.

News article : 100th day of Indo-Pak Ceasefire

100th day of Indo-Pak ceasefire: Army chief in J-K
June 02, 2021 11:23​

With the ceasefire between the armies of India and Pakistan along the Line of Control (LoC) entering the 100th day, Army chief Gen Manoj Mukund Naravane would be in Srinagar on a two-day visit starting Wednesday to review the situation on ground along the border and the counter-terrorist operations in the valley.

The latest ceasefire agreement between India and Pakistan had started in the last week of February after talks between the director generals of military operations of both armies and it has been observed by both sides since then.

"The Army chief would be in Srinagar today to review the situation on ground along with the top military commanders there from the 15 Corps which looks after both counter-terrorism and counter-infiltration operations in the valley," Army sources told ANI.

The chief would also be visiting the forward positions in the valley to review the operational preparedness of troops to tackle any possible attempts by the terrorists to carry out infiltration, they said.

National Security Advisor Ajit Doval played a key role in the ongoing ceasefire agreement which has resulted in peace on both sides of the LoC for such a long period in the last many years.

I am also very happy and I hope it lasts.

I can understand the constant anxiety of the family of the defence people serving at the frontier and I join them in praying for their welfare and safe return.

There is so much of reservation in the name of caste. I am in favour of greater privileges for defence personnel and their children.

Latest ads

Back