• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's Address to Investors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Brahmanyan,
I might be dense, but I did not understand her speech (i have lived in Calcutta). Would I want to start a business in WB, no way, was she convincing not at all.
Could you explain her speech?

Yesterday (Jan,17,2012) the news media carried the speech of West Bengal Chief Minister at the recently held "Bengal Leads Summit 2012" at Kolkata. It was the most entertaining speech which I am sure, every one who reads in the following URL will enjoy.

Didi's business bluster mixes up cricket, geography - Business News - IBNLive

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

dear B,

i missed this one till now.

"The businessmen, whoever you are, (if your are) staying in Bengal you don't worry. If I murder somebody, that's a different case. Crime is crime; you cannot compare the crime activities with the business activities. Law of the land has to be followed."

that's me alright.

i have someone who lived in calcutta in my mind, to take care of. just booked my ticket to kolkotta, and will soon be fixing an appointment with didi. will keep you posted.

thank you Brahmanyan for the reference. awesome. :)

hilarious too :)

I was wincing and cringing throughout watching this feeling utterly embarassed for her!! Especially when she was roll calling the businessmen and foreign delegates!! What an embarassment. Bless the poor dear!

Compare and contrast with dear Jayalalithaa Amma who not only looks and sounds easy on the eyes but also speaks English eloquently. I think Didi would do well to take some tuition/coaching classes from Amma. OTOH Didi could just stick to speaking what she speaks best - Bengali.

Mr. Brahmanyan,
I might be dense, but I did not understand her speech (i have lived in Calcutta). Would I want to start a business in WB, no way, was she convincing not at all.
Could you explain her speech?

Mr. Prasad,

Very simple. Businessmen will run away to Gujrat or TN to invest instead of trying to
translate Didi's Benglish.

Regards,
Brahmayan,
Bangalore.

Dear Brahmanyan Ji,

I met Didi when I was posted in India a decade back. Whatever one may say, she is real and original. She is unsophisticated, but in my opinion she believes totally that she is batting for the poor. I have much respect for her because she, in my opinion is genuine, even though wrong headed, unlike our heroine from TN.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Brahmanyan Ji,

I met Didi when I was posted in India a decade back. Whatever one may say, she is real and original. She is unsophisticated, but in my opinion she believes totally that she is batting for the poor. I have much respect for her because she, in my opinion is genuine, even though wrong headed, unlike our heroine from TN.

Regards,
KRS

You might be right that she is original.
In a leader do we qualities like "stupid but Honest" or "smart but crooked", unfortunately we can not find one who is "smart and honest".
There are very few Nitesh Kumars. So we may choose Modi, he has done great things for his state.
Our choices seems to be limited.

You might be right that she is original.
In a leader do we qualities like "stupid but Honest" or "smart but crooked", unfortunately we can not find one who is "smart and honest".
There are very few Nitesh Kumars. So we may choose Modi, he has done great things for his state.
Our choices seems to be limited.

Dear Sri Prasad,
I do not know much about this lady Politician of Bengal, except what I gathered from News media.
My post is limited to her speech in investors meet only. She seems to be a bold and sincere politician, otherwise she would not have been able to marginalize Communists in W.Bengal.
Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back