• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Waterproof Saree Worth a Lakh: Chief Minister Siddaramaiah's Gift to Wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks dazzling! And water proof!

[h=1]Waterproof Saree Worth a Lakh: Chief Minister Siddaramaiah's Gift to Wife[/h]
Edited by Amrita Kohli | Updated: January 21, 2016 19:56 IST

waterproof-saree_650x400_71453385976.jpg

Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has been filmed buying a very special gift for his wife - a waterproof saree worth over a lakh which he bought at a showroom in Davangere, Karnataka. No umbrella required in rainy weather now.

The chief minister, who was invited to inaugurate the Karnataka Silk Industries Corporation (KSIC) showroom, was shown the special sarees from a collection titled Threads of Gold. According to reports, he tested the sarees by pouring a litre of water on them.

Once satisfied with the result, he chose an orange and gold saree with a price tag of Rs. 1,09,385 for his wife.

Reports also suggest that after Chief Minister Siddaramaiah's purchase, customers have been making enquiries about sarees from the same collection.

http://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/waterpr...f-minister-siddaramaiahs-gift-to-wife-1268518

Vgane ji

Usually this type of news will be posted by the lady members in the forum.

I don't understand why you deprived their chance?

Perhaps a relaxation from serious news items !

I think men are more worried about the prices of new tech sarees!! :D

BTW, what is the use of a water proof saree for a lady who always goes by an expensive car and does not have to walk in the rain!
May be, she can spill the coffee / tea on her saree, without getting tensed!! :tea:

Why does not the karnataka CM buy his wife a rain coat or tell someone to hold an umbrella for his wife.?

Only the congress chief in delhi -who has a huge collection of wonderful sarees can counsel the CM as to how to get expensive sarees which look simple and elegant.

I like her dress sense and how she carries herself in india.

I think men are more worried about the prices of new tech sarees!! :D

BTW, what is the use of a water proof saree for a lady who always goes by an expensive car and does not have to walk in the rain!
May be, she can spill the coffee / tea on her saree, without getting tensed!! :tea:

Dear RR ji,

Firstly its a colossal waste of money to pay 1 lakh for a piece of cloth that too a water proof one!LOL

When something is water proof that spells heat retaining and non sweat absorbing and the material does not "breathe."

Such material are best used as shrouds.

Vgane ji

Usually this type of news will be posted by the lady members in the forum.

I don't understand why you deprived their chance?

Perhaps a relaxation from serious news items !

What to do Sir! Our beloved lady members are mostly silent these days! Thought of activating them!!

Dear Ganesh,

I don't care about the expense of any saree. The color combination should be to my liking and that is it.

Most of my lovely sarees range between Rs. 300 to Rs. 450 only! :cool:

I have posted a the picture of a few of them long back in 'Ideas...' thread. :)

Dear Ganesh,

I don't care about the expense of any saree. The color combination should be to my liking and that is it.

Most of my lovely sarees range between Rs. 300 to Rs. 450 only! :cool:

I have posted a the picture of a few of them long back in 'Ideas...' thread. :)

Wonderful Madam! My family also follows your principle!
clap2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back