• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Caution: Satyameva jayate

Status
Not open for further replies.
you see I have placed the inf I was able to obtain. Fellow membners are welcome to verify but Mr Venkat, apart from possible wrong webcite of AR, the debate went on according to one's view. There is nothing wrong in that. I also emphasized this point while posting my 'inf'.

continuing my slot No.51, as some one said there is good men and bad men in all communities. One of my highly quaified Muslim friends justified Gazini Md's attach on Somnath Temple on the ground that there were devadasies(prostitutes) in the temple and Gazini saved the temple from them. well I retorted with facts and figures; that is the different story. what I want to emphasize here is even qualified muslims are also viewing Hindu things in their own perspective. I can go on quoting many incidents like this but there is no end

continuing my slot No.51, as some one said there is good men and bad men in all communities. One of my highly quaified Muslim friends justified Gazini Md's attach on Somnath Temple on the ground that there were devadasies(prostitutes) in the temple and Gazini saved the temple from them. well I retorted with facts and figures; that is the different story. what I want to emphasize here is even qualified muslims are also viewing Hindu things in their own perspective. I can go on quoting many incidents like this but there is no end

Dear sir,

Tell your friend this...that it was Devadasis who finally managed to save the Srirangam temple from the invading Malik Kafur.
13,000 Vaishnavas lost their lives protecting the temple.

The first line of the post is “Please read this forwarded message and then decide what you want to do.”

The reader is advised to use his discretion and knowledge and wit before acting. It is very difficult to establish connections unless the investigator is well connected, as one can easily get lost in cross holdings and benami ownership.

What is given below is partial extract from satyameva jayate site. I am not sure whether the disclaimer in bold font was there earlier. But the last para says the hospital is managed by humanity trust. Reference from the humanity hospital site is also at the end.

I hope this is sufficient to decide for or against by the donors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The correct website for the recipient of the donations from this episode of Satyamev Jayate is Humanity Hospital. This hospital and trust does not have any religious denomination. Any other organisation or website to which reference is being made on any platform in the context of this episode of Satyamev Jayate IS NOT the recipient of donations from the show and has no connection with the show.

"Humanity Trust started Humanity Hospital in 1996, in a small village named Hanspukur in West Bengal, with the aim of providing medical care to those with no access to it, and especially to those who could not afford it."

SatyamevJayate NGO & Donations - Every Life Is Precious - Does Healthcare Need Healing?. Aamir Khan's television show on Star TV

Humanity Hospital is a charitable hospital operating under the umbrella of Humanity Trust.

"Humanity Hospital is managed by the Humanity Trust, registered under the Indian Trust Act in the year 1993, I.T. Act in the year 1994 and F.C.R. Act in the year 1995. The hospital does not receive assistance from the state or central government, and runs on donations from members of the public."

http://www.humanityhospital.org/about_us.html

Mr Sarang, I just now got a correction. the correct webcite of Amir Khan is "<http://www.humanityhospital.org>". Its objectives are different than what we are debating. this is posted to make the point clear. but what we talked, posted, debated etc about muslims (particularly converted muslims; in fact all muslims in the subcontinent are converts) are undisputable inspite of some secularists' objection

Sarang Ji,

Now please confirm what is the correct status. If Sudeshwar Ji's informatin is correct, then all of us wasted our time in this thread and in the process exchanged some avoidable comments about some of our own members. In a securlar country like India, there are very many good people in all religion and few bad elements - it is really very disturbing when there are communal riots / bomb blasts happended in the country. I am in Mumbai which is a very common place for all these things. Even then, I cannot come to the conclusion that all the muslims are bad or terrorists.

Venkat

Very sensible post. Yes we do need to self moderate our post. We do need to verify our sources before we malign a cause.
Thanks to Mr. Sudheswer for clarifying the point.

No.54 Mr Sarang. you say 'Humanity Hospital is managed b the Humanity Trust'. pl see its members: what we will say now. I am purplexed.
http://www.humanitytrust.com/

Executive Committee:
1. Mr. Jagabar Ali.
2. Mr. R. Hakkim Ali.
3. Mr. Fazulutheen.
Members of the Board of Advisors are as follow:
1. Mr. M.L. Raja Mohamed
2. Mr. M.S. NASICK
3. Mr. A Ahmed Irzath
4. Mr. S.Abdul Basith

This website says that some of the objectives of their foundation are:-
· Masjid Construction assistance. (Bore/construction helps)
· Placement assistance for Islamic youngsters (notifications about jobs across various geographies

I did not say that. The hospital web site says it was started by humanity trust. Please read #54 carefully. Please also check the vague disclaimer given in the satyameva jayate site. Anyway, truth will never be known, as there will be no rigorous investigation.

No.54 Mr Sarang. you say 'Humanity Hospital is managed b the Humanity Trust'. pl see its members: what we will say now. I am purplexed.
http://www.humanitytrust.com/

Executive Committee:
1. Mr. Jagabar Ali.
2. Mr. R. Hakkim Ali.
3. Mr. Fazulutheen.
Members of the Board of Advisors are as follow:
1. Mr. M.L. Raja Mohamed
2. Mr. M.S. NASICK
3. Mr. A Ahmed Irzath
4. Mr. S.Abdul Basith

This website says that some of the objectives of their foundation are:-
· Masjid Construction assistance. (Bore/construction helps)
· Placement assistance for Islamic youngsters (notifications about jobs across various geographies

Dear sir,

Tell your friend this...that it was Devadasis who finally managed to save the Srirangam temple from the invading Malik Kafur.
13,000 Vaishnavas lost their lives protecting the temple.
dear madam !
the white tower is dedicated to her .vellai gopuram in eastern side
guruvayrappan

yes, overall it looks murky business. as, I think,Mr Sarang said that unless there is proper investigation, real thing may not come out. our politicians are courting AR

Satyameva jayate

I watched this show only one time in Tamil. The show of actor Aamir Khan in dubbed voice was disappointing and exposed the emptiness of the subject as well. I found,there is nothing to learn
new from this program for me. The entire show looked stage managed by some Ad. Agency for their ratings.
I do not want to waste my time on viewing the oft repeated subjects in visual media also.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
I watch this Show in Hindi too. you see his presentation is good. what happens in hospital is really bad. I have not visited hospitals in chennai but in Mumbai and Delhi I visited number of hospitals. it is all commercial and pathetically money-making. My concern is that the money collected through this Show should not be misused, but after going the two websites, I think the money is misused. Since he is muslim, politicians flock to him. it is a tragedy. you see there are quite a lot of issues with Salman Khan and Sharuk Khan but this Amir Khan also has joined them. I bet I am communal I am sorry; I am correcting myself I bet I am NOT communal

Last edited:
In USA the advent of FDA approved generic drug has drastically reduced the cost of prescription drug to elderly people. It has also helped Indian Drug companies to export to USA.

Actor Aamir Khan today appeared before a Parliamentary panel examining FDI in pharmaceuticals sector and pitched for generic medicines, saying companies will continue to make profit if they sell cheap drugs to the poor.

The 47-year-old actor, who recently highlighted the issue of malpractices prevalent among doctors and sale of medicines in his TV show "Satyamev Jayate", was invited to appear as a witness before the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Commerce which is examining the issue of FDI in pharma sector.

Replying to a volley of questions from reporters on his support for generic medicines, Khan said certain "interested parties" have questioned the quality and "power" of such drugs which was not true.

"The regulatory body checks every drug before it is sold. Be it patented or non patented, branded or unbranded," he said.

Last edited:
Do not point fingers without improper research

I dont think we should comment on such shows without any evidence... I followed the link of and they have clearly provided a disclaimer Click the link Donate and it reads the below

"Humanity Trust:
Dear brothers/sistersWe are pleased to inform you that Humanity Trust and Satayame Jayant Mr. Amir Khan dont have any interconnection.. There are so many humanity trust running in India. such as humanitytrust.org, humanitytrust.in, humanitytrust.co.in, U can contact satyamay jayant team to know which Humanity Trust he has mentioned in his program. Please do not disturb us...
Also for your kind information :- This site is not updated from the so many years !!!"

So lets not target such shows unless you have strong/valid evidence. I am not fond of Amir neither I am fond of any shows but I believe in challenging an invalid information...

hi to all,
i am a regular watcher of this serial. no, doubt they are showing us the truth of so many. though a lady i would bring it to the
notice or it would be great if anyone puts my words and sentences into amir's ears, that ladies are not the lone sufferers.
because of ladies, there are so many good houses which has come to the roads and so many healthy relationships split
apart. ladies please do not mistake me. it is a fact. in tamil there is a saying that vazhkai amaivatham penale , azhivatham
penale. this does not mean we should quietly suffer. we are the people who have to set right the things. in todays world,
you see every second person talking about divorce and the other extreme suicide. why is this happening?. only because of stress. each one of us should adjust and make our life and living a happy one. we all get this life only once. no one has ever seen last birth nor the one which is to come. everything is now and just now. the prog is a good one. we should always look at the positive aspect. why should we donate or sms. just sit and watch the prog at home and take good things from the same. i don't how many will agree with me but each one of us have the right to express and hence so.
with best wishes and regards,
chitra vishwanathan

Exactly why waste time in pointing negatives when you can ignore and look at the good aspect of it... he has chosen a topic and shared or expressed his view through this show... If one doesnt like just ignore and do something better rather than being unkind to someones work...Everyone has a right to express spread positivity we have enough negatives to deal with in todays world..

hi to all,
i am a regular watcher of this serial. no, doubt they are showing us the truth of so many. though a lady i would bring it to the
notice or it would be great if anyone puts my words and sentences into amir's ears, that ladies are not the lone sufferers.
because of ladies, there are so many good houses which has come to the roads and so many healthy relationships split
apart. ladies please do not mistake me. it is a fact. in tamil there is a saying that vazhkai amaivatham penale , azhivatham
penale. this does not mean we should quietly suffer. we are the people who have to set right the things. in todays world,
you see every second person talking about divorce and the other extreme suicide. why is this happening?. only because of stress. each one of us should adjust and make our life and living a happy one. we all get this life only once. no one has ever seen last birth nor the one which is to come. everything is now and just now. the prog is a good one. we should always look at the positive aspect. why should we donate or sms. just sit and watch the prog at home and take good things from the same. i don't how many will agree with me but each one of us have the right to express and hence so.
with best wishes and regards,
chitra vishwanathan

Exactly why waste time in pointing negatives when you can ignore and look at the good aspect of it... he has chosen a topic and shared or expressed his view through this show... If one doesnt like just ignore and do something better rather than being unkind to someones work...Everyone has a right to express spread positivity we have enough negatives to deal with in todays world..
dear lotus 123 !
what smt.Chitra vishwanathan said is correct . but what might have hurt you( i may be wrong in my guessing ) maybe
"why should we donate or sms "
she might have used instead "no compulsion on your part to donate or sms&let the interested party do it "
cheers,
guruvayurappan

well, if the money collected out of the Show is used for good cause; if at all it is used, fine. nobody doubted his cause

hi to all,
yes my way of interpretation should have been as you say mr.guruvayurappan. thanks for the same. shall surely take a note
of the same and do not make the same mistake again.

Even in 2G case there was no direct evidence when sri gopikrishnan of pioneer started inquiring about the the way licences were issued. No one from the communication, finance, commerce ministries or even the IT companies affected came forward to complain or reveal anything. That kind of perseverance is necessary to dig the truth.

When the humanity trust site says, the hospital was started by the trust and the hospital site says it belongs to the humanity trust, there is nothing wrong in questioning the coincidence.

In my enthusiasm I have donated many dubious ngos (world vision for one), which spend a small part of the money to the stated causes, and a major portion to nefarious activities.

By the same argument, when one trust or ngo is absolved without research, it is like the proverbial cat closing its eyes.

I dont think we should comment on such shows without any evidence... I followed the link of and they have clearly provided a disclaimer Click the link Donate and it reads the below

"Humanity Trust:
Dear brothers/sistersWe are pleased to inform you that Humanity Trust and Satayame Jayant Mr. Amir Khan dont have any interconnection.. There are so many humanity trust running in India. such as humanitytrust.org, humanitytrust.in, humanitytrust.co.in, U can contact satyamay jayant team to know which Humanity Trust he has mentioned in his program. Please do not disturb us...
Also for your kind information :- This site is not updated from the so many years !!!"

So lets not target such shows unless you have strong/valid evidence. I am not fond of Amir neither I am fond of any shows but I believe in challenging an invalid information...

No.70 Mr Sarang: you are right. the way Govt. operates it is very difficult to bring anyone to book. scandals after scandals; yet Congress Govt. applauds itself for whatever they are doing. Now, their own yes man is going to be the President. I am afraid we have to live with it

I watched this show only one time in Tamil. The show of actor Aamir Khan in dubbed voice was disappointing and exposed the emptiness of the subject as well. I found,there is nothing to learn
new from this program for me. The entire show looked stage managed by some Ad. Agency for their ratings.
I do not want to waste my time on viewing the oft repeated subjects in visual media also.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I fully endorse this. I could not tolerate even one program in full. Most one sided version without giving any opportunity to other party to express their views.

Venkat

Excerpts from a tongue in cheek essay on amir's program by shobhaa de in sunday times: he is an astute performer, gets his fat fees, packs old stuff in a glamorous package and can hope to get bharat ratna. All kudos and bricks to shobhaa de please.

"Aamir doing a Bharat Pita, or a modern-day version of ‘Rajani’ (1985), in which the late Priya Tendulkar took everybody to task for slipping up and making a mess of things.

"Priya’s style was more abrasive, strident and confrontational, but the content was essentially the same — citizen activism. She also tackled the ‘burning issues of the day’ and did so with a fire-and-brimstone approach that worked very well with the janata at the time. Priya’s packaging was far from slick. And the show was put together on a shoestring budget. Being the daughter of a fiery intellectual (Vijay Tendulkar), Priya’s positioning was perfect. She soon acquired iconic status and a gigantic fan base. Aamir didn’t need a hit show for that — he already had both.

" It’s only a show. And Aamir ain’t God! He is only a star anchor doing his job. Although doing it well. Yes, he gets paid a big fat fee for making the nation uncomfortable, week after week. But that was the whole idea.

"So far, the issues he has tackled are pretty old hat. These are just some of the social blights India has struggled to come to terms with for ages. Aamir the Crusader wasn’t the first to table them. Several agencies have been hard at work for decades, trying to spread awareness, whether it’s about medico-legal issues, khap politics, sexual abuse, female foeticide or child marriage.

"No other actor in the country is as acutely conscious of his own power. No, not even the other two Khans. Aamir’s level of intelligence is such that when he applies his mind to doing something — anything — from his next big movie to an endorsement for a fizzy drink, he looks beyond just the bottom line. He looks at the future. His own first. And then the future in a cosmic sense. He takes mammoth risks.

"The reason why critics carped is because they insist Aamir does not offer solutions. Nor does he see the problem through. But, hello! That’s not his job! We are missing the point here. Aamir is merely a performer, who has chosen this particular format over say, a Khatron ka Khiladi type of show. That’s smart!

"Alas, even an Aamir cannot play Atlas for much longer, without expectations soaring still higher. It’s a tough call. If Aamir pulls it off, he can write his own ticket to anything — Bharat Ratna included. But if he flops, well then, he’ll still get to keep his fee. And then go back to doing what he does best — movies. Bah! India will have to start looking somewhere else for a saviour.

Politically Incorrect : Shobhaa De's blog-The Times Of India

Shoba De does worse than Amir. She cannot antagonize the film industry and now her page 3 space is secured. "Writers and commentators are intelligent after events" said somebody. She has wriggled herself out. Journalists are no lean actors, too. Many had doubted the whole show was 'scripted' and thanks to the channel they now run a strip admitting it to be so. Wow bravery at its best.

Last edited:
The truth about Satyamev Jayate’s donations

From the article by sucheta dalal in money line, who contacted the parties and then filed the reports, first on 20th june. The participating actors got busy, corrected some discrepancies and a second report was filed on 26 june. Total donations after 7 shows amounted to about 30 million rupees, of which reliance's share is 8.8 (29%). Nearly half the money collected (13 million)went to snehalaya and humanity trust got 2.7 million. Indications are there for the advt revenues. And the intelligent reliance got maximum publicity for a paltry 87 lakhs. Link for the article is given at the end. Some salient points:

1. "Satyamev Jayate (SMJ), the do-gooding show that was to redefine prime time and claimed to reach a massive 40 crore Indians (over just five episodes) had collected just Rs1.7 crore for seven NGOs so far. Of this Rs85.25 lakh has come from Reliance Foundation (numbers provided by them), which had offered to match the donations received from others. (20 jun2012)
2."
As always, Reliance Foundation seems to have bargained a phenomenal deal—a big dollop of publicity for Nita Ambani’s plans to change the world, being economic with the truth (in terms of what it would match) and coughing up just Rs85 lakh over six weeks, when advertisers have been paying Rs8-Rs10 lakh for a 10 second spot! Bharti Airtel, the presenting sponsor, is understood to have paid Rs17-Rs20 crore while associate sponsors (Skoda, Coca Cola, Axis Bank, etc.) have paid Rs6-Rs7 crore each for far less visibility than Reliance.
3. "
They have finally updated the website to say that the show had yielded—630,298,439 connections, 8,839,494 responses, 2,778,984 community members and Rs30,160,678 in donations.
4. "The Humanity Trust, West Bengal which has been subject of nasty innuendo because it was confused with another trust of the same name (finally corrected and explained by SMJ’s website only on 25th June) had the third highest collection of Rs27 lakh. But given the fact that it is this show that probably had the maximum impact on public consciousness, the amount collected was strangely too small.
5. "They and Aamir Khan Productions obviously expected to just sit back and rake in the moolah and the glory. If activism could be reduced to show business, India would not need drastic transformation 65 years after independence.
The truth about Satyamev Jayate’s donations - Moneylife Personal Finance site and magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back