• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Caste Census Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is now good to enumerate oneself as BC or OBC in Tamilnadu. May be we can change it by next enumeration to something different depending on the circumstances. I understand that Tamilnadu is going to have one Caste census for Ramadoss immediately and one by next year. So we can change our Caste easily by next year itself if it does not suit us.

What is the scheme behind Ramadoss's demand?

Strange now that THAMBRAS has decided to support Caste based enumeration. The news report is not clear whether they are supporting the Centre enumeration or enumeration by the State government. The reason for their support is also not clear.​

the ultimate result of cast census conducted by govt. of India will be complet distribution of fortune and opportunities on basis of caste.

with caste base cesus there should be a through varyfication of assets and resources and with crosschaking of if from bank accounts phone, vehicle, and other registarions, income tax records etc.etc. so as to find real poors and govt. poors.

How does one verify Swiss Bank account? In my opinion Brahmins should be atleast be given minority status in spite of whether they are rich or poor.

How does one verify Swiss Bank account? In my opinion Brahmins should be atleast be given minority status in spite of whether they are rich or poor.
Smt. Harini,

One doubt please : whether minority status can be claimed on caste basis? I do not know.

Smt. Harini,

One doubt please : whether minority status can be claimed on caste basis? I do not know.

tambrams could claim to be linguistic minority in karnataka. atleast this was revealed to me, in this forum, more than a year ago, when we were discussing feasibility of setting education institutions, right across the border from tamil nadu near hosur.

in order to do anything on a large scale, takes time, effort and above all we should understand if there is a need. solid statistical numbers is what we need to back up any initiative. we are not universally poor or deprived like what the nadars or the vanniars were once.

i suspect that with increased prosperity these communities too will loosen up re caste feeling, though the concept of political power may be attractive enough to keep them into one voting block.

I just came across this thread, although it has been here for a few months now. I was disappointed/little bit angry that there was no option to vote "Hindu as my religion and 'no caste' as my caste". (I remember Mr. Nara pointing out in some thread that any poll can be tailored to get the desired result of the taker/starter of the poll.)

I should say Ms. Happy Hindu that I felt great humility when I read what your parents chose to vote i.e. Indian as caste. My humble salutations to your parents and to you.

Sincere regards

I have addressed this in my response posted as #14. This is survey and not poll. It is true that poll in India is manipulated, now even with EVM. Survey is also not a perfect thing for it is based on Statistics which is not as perfect a science as other streams of Science. But it works to some extent and delivers some analytical information.

There is nothing intended for tailoring manipulation here. But I feel that responses to this thread is very less. If the survey appears to be leading... what and where it is leading? The truth is that the intentions behind the Caste based Census has not got sunk deep in to the thinkings of TBs yet. Just like Reservation, we are going to allow worse to happen and are going to make much hue and cry about it later.
I just came across this thread, although it has been here for a few months now. I was disappointed/little bit angry that there was no option to vote "Hindu as my religion and 'no caste' as my caste". (I remember Mr. Nara pointing out in some thread that any poll can be tailored to get the desired result of the taker/starter of the poll.)

I should say Ms. Happy Hindu that I felt great humility when I read what your parents chose to vote i.e. Indian as caste. My humble salutations to your parents and to you.

Sincere regards

:( Am so sorry to disappoint you Valli. But they did not register that way.

I have addressed this in my response posted as #14. This is survey and not poll. It is true that poll in India is manipulated, now even with EVM. Survey is also not a perfect thing for it is based on Statistics which is not as perfect a science as other streams of Science. But it works to some extent and delivers some analytical information.

There is nothing intended for tailoring manipulation here. But I feel that responses to this thread is very less. If the survey appears to be leading... what and where it is leading? The truth is that the intentions behind the Caste based Census has not got sunk deep in to the thinkings of TBs yet. Just like Reservation, we are going to allow worse to happen and are going to make much hue and cry about it later.

Infact, have come to know of atleast a hundred families who gave false declaration as belonging to an other caste. They are youngsters / with school going children. Apaprently they want their children to get reservation benefits. So they gave false declaration. Looks like people will go any length to find a loophole to "change caste" on paper. Its a complicated scenario.

Folks, I really can't understand what all the fuss is about. Census is just an enumeration of the citizens with as much demographic data you can collect as possible, so that policy makers can use it in a way that promotes the welfare of the citizenry. Census is value neutral, it does not give any special sanction or recognition for the evil caste system, it only observes what is prevalent and reports the finding to the policy makers. I think it is the duty of the citizens to report their demographical information as accurately as possible to the data gatherers.

Cheers!

Nara Sir,

It seems some people do not know what caste census is about. They feel it will help them get a BC caste certificate if they declare (falsely) that they belong to an other caste. Which is why many have registered themselves as folks belonging to one of the castes on the BC lists. Since ppl lack awareness, me thinks such falsified declarations wud only confuse the policy makers (if they were to depend on the census data).

When Ambasankar Commission was appointed by MGR to find out the proportion of all BCs in the TN population, at the initial count, the total figures of the state went up to 11 crores, because of the exaggerated claims made by each section of the BCs. Hence, the Commission was scrapped midway by MGR, realizing no purpose will be served by its continuing.

But the census figures cannot be scrapped. Will false declaration can get one a false community certificate is not addressed by anyone. Also the false certificates issued so far may also not concur with the enumeration and thus the enumeration will face a number of challenges.
When Ambasankar Commission was appointed by MGR to find out the proportion of all BCs in the TN population, at the initial count, the total figures of the state went up to 11 crores, because of the exaggerated claims made by each section of the BCs. Hence, the Commission was scrapped midway by MGR, realizing no purpose will be served by its continuing.

well anyhow untill this evil caste is totally wiped out of the indian society no choice. untill discrimination happens on caste basis and underprivileged are subjudicated there is hardly any choice.
govt basically does it to identify num of weaker sections and their concentration so that suitable policies could be devised.
i read one answer above where it said brahmin as religion. ha ha ha. thereby copyrighting hinduism exclusively for us and isolate the rest the way we have been doing for centuries. give me a break.
i guess ppl get fake caste certificate to get job in this rigorous competitive environment so to check those mal practices coz not govt doesn't have records of each and every citizen. some might secretly marry, and many are self employed.
The anti christian riots that happened in Orrissa were only coz the radical hindu org's said that the christians were showing them as hindus in records and thus getting jobs of hindus also.

i didn't vote coz i prefer hinduism as religion and indian as caste thats not there.

Last edited:
e would have preferred an alternative with Vaishnavism as Religion or Iyengar as Caste. Are they included in this forum?
Why you see 'Indian' as Caste? There should be an interesting explanation behind it. Please eloborate.

Aadholla Keerthanaarambathile.... there is no religion as Hindu in Indian tradition prior to colonization. Also all of Jainism, Buddhism etc are Hindus as per Indian Constitution today when in fact it was not so historically. Just try to learn the meaning of things in the vote and you will understand. No wild imaginations.
I prefer to tell Hindu Brahmin as it is the Truth! Why should it be any other way, I cannaot imagine even!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back