• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Can we change the destiny of a baby by fixing the time of birth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Renu,
Please note that there is no pariharam for prarabda karma. If you think that pariharams can change the destiny,
everyone can change his destiny. The planetary positions indicate what is in store for you, that is all.

If what you say is true, why do we have Astrologer "scholars" here prescribing pariharam for every past ills as well as future situations. I believe in your statements, that there can be no pariharm for what is in store for you. Except some psychological comfort, and some money changing hand.

Last edited:
Please note that there is no pariharam for prarabda karma. If you think that pariharams can change the destiny,
everyone can change his destiny. The planetary positions indicate what is in store for you, that is all.
prarabda karma cannot be altered. But how it impacts you and how you deal with it can be managed.
If you are going out and it is destined to rain, there is nothing you can do about the rain. If however, you are
aware and carry with yourself an umbrella or equip yourself , you can shield yourself from the impact of rain.
Pariharams are similar.

prarabda karma cannot be altered. But how it impacts you and how you deal with it can be managed.
If you are going out and it is destined to rain, there is nothing you can do about the rain. If however, you are
aware and carry with yourself an umbrella or equip yourself , you can shield yourself from the impact of rain.
Pariharams are similar.

Very well said, Shri ozone

The whole concept of priharam is based on one's belief and the resultant experiences.

Applying rational and scientific mind to such concepts would be of no use. At the end of the day, people would resort to some sort of pariharams as found feasible to onself, at the most warrented situation.

Sometime back, my friend told me that my star is under the influence of 'Sani' and it is named 'kantaka Sani'.

She asked me to be extra careful while crossing the main roads! I could not go out for a few days, after hearing

this. Then I started to go out after a special prayer for my safety! The fear might get a person into trouble.

The best way is to keep the mind calm and clear without thinking about something bad! :)

Sometime back, my friend told me that my star is under the influence of 'Sani' and it is named 'kantaka Sani'.

She asked me to be extra careful while crossing the main roads! I could not go out for a few days, after hearing

this. Then I started to go out after a special prayer for my safety! The fear might get a person into trouble.

The best way is to keep the mind calm and clear without thinking about something bad! :)

Shmt Raji Ram,

I could understand your mental state,having been warned about the possible impacts of Kantaka Sani.

People are adviced to be careful and cautious, as many chances of meeting with an accident of varying degrees, even due to some one else mistake. Some could take it casually and still be extra cautious without getting nervous. And some get too nervous and frightened.

It is better if we could just take it as usual warnings in our life that we learn and be responsible to onself and the others, that has been re-iterated.

Generally people who believe in events beyond human control and believe in astrology, peferes to know what is in store for them, both bad and good, so that they can mentally be prepared and act accordingly.

Though no one can stall what is supposed to happen, humans still want to protect their interest. So, they prefere to know the possible impediments and try to ensure that atleast one is not really responsible for the possible negativity.

Misconceptions, superstitions, slight of hand, magic, con game all needs a smarter individual dealing with gullible masses.
THe placebo effect is well known phenomenon, where totally inert substances, "make" people feel better.

I have no problem with these peddlers of guilt or snake oil, as long as they do not profit from it.

Dear Mr.Prasad,

The pariharams are prescribed to comfort the man/woman who has come to him. Or it may be to milk money.
With my knowledge of astrology, I can definitely say that pariharams do not serve any great purpose . The
only benefit is that the man does something good like going to temple or feeding some people or giving alms.
Some solace to the depressed ones who come to the astrologers.

Dear Mr.Prasad,

The pariharams are prescribed to comfort the man/woman who has come to him. Or it may be to milk money.
With my knowledge of astrology, I can definitely say that pariharams do not serve any great purpose . The
only benefit is that the man does something good like going to temple or feeding some people or giving alms.
Some solace to the depressed ones who come to the astrologers.

Your honesty is appreciated.

Dear RR ji,

Frankly speaking even a doctor can never really predict when a baby will be born.
Anything can happen anytime.
A baby chooses to be born the time it is destined to be born.

A person's karma is determined from day one of conception..what which might look like parents actually having a say in determining the time of birth is just the play of the child's own Karma.

Karmically we have "chosen" our own parents cos the collective Karma of the family we are born in and our own individual Karma are matched before we take birth.

In a case when a mother opts for C section, instead of NORMAL delivery(when she can have a normal delivery) cos she feels she wants a better time for her child.....It might look as if the mother determined the time of birth but in fact it was the child's Karma to be born into a family that rather play around with time of birth instead of leaving everything to God.

So at the end of the day nothing is really in our hands.It just seems as if we are in control.

Now coming to complexion and time of birth..I do not believe that, cos I would never expect a high melanin content race individual to be born extremely fair(unless an albino) or a Scandinavian race person to be born very dark just be the time of birth.

Smt. Renuka,

I agree with your opinion except the highlighted part, viz., we chose our parents or for that matter even any of the other matters connected with the important aspects of our (present, and the only) life about which we know. Those are all determined by our past Karma; how, when and by whom this is done, we are just blissfully ignorant of. This is what I feel, looking at so many unfortunate people who are born to parents who leave them in orphanages and spend their entire lives in circumstances not to their liking. I feel they themselves could not have chosen such life.

Smt. RR,

The word "Kantaka" means thorn and Kantakassani during the said period is likely to give a lot of pin-pricks of all sorts in almost all aspects of one's life. In Malayalam there is even a popular adage which goes as "Kantakassani koNTE pOkoo" (கண்டகச்சனி கொண்டே போகூ) which means that during the said Kantakassani period, the person will die ! How untrue is this, may be seen from our actual experience around us.

Then there are horoscopes in which sani is placed in the fourth, seventh or tenth house from the Lagnam and it is the practice of some astrologers to highlight the evil effects of this single item, out of all proportion, when it suits them to "impress" their client. But in truth, Sani in the fourth house robs a person of mental peace, in the seventh gives some problems in married life because the person concerned will be very highly individualistic and will find it difficult to get along with others on an equal basis. They will be able to manage subordinates, not equals. Sani in the tenth can be good or bad, depending on the various other details of the horoscope.

You're so right about Sani robbing mental peace and so much more Sangom Sir. I can't wait for 2.5 years to get over ASAP! I'm having ardhashtama sani (kataka rasi). BTW I hope you are much better now healthwise.

Smt. Renuka,

I agree with your opinion except the highlighted part, viz., we chose our parents or for that matter even any of the other matters connected with the important aspects of our (present, and the only) life about which we know. Those are all determined by our past Karma; how, when and by whom this is done, we are just blissfully ignorant of. This is what I feel, looking at so many unfortunate people who are born to parents who leave them in orphanages and spend their entire lives in circumstances not to their liking. I feel they themselves could not have chosen such life.

I would like to interject please. I think when Renu said we have "chosen" our parents and so on, I don't think its meant literally we get to choose but karmically as in our karmas are such that it so happened we had to be born to the set of parents, marry the destined person and so on because we either owe them or they us, all based on karma. I've heard every single person we befriend etc are also karmically linked to us.

Dear Sri. Sangom, Greetings.

.....in the seventh gives some problems in married life because the person concerned will be very highly individualistic and will find it difficult to get along with others on an equal basis.

I beg to differ, please. Some problems in marriage itself may be faced, some problems centered around spouse may be faced, but the married life itself could be nothing but happiness. I know about one horoscope very well; Sani in the 7th house; that too 'neecha sani'; an outgoing person too; there were all sorts of stories before the jatakar's wedding; the wedding was made difficult by their relatives; but that couple do have a very nice married life. When they go out as couple together, it looked so nice, at one time one guy commented they looked like royals.

My point is, Sani in the seventh house may not bring any ill effect to either of the couple by each other. They could face difficult times from others. ( I may like to discuss this further, possibly in PM). ( Also I must add, most improvements in my life took place during Sani Mahadasai or during Sani Bukhti! Interestingly I suffered the most during Guru Dasai. In my opinion, Sani always favoured me as of today).

Cheers!

Last edited:
Dear Mr.Raghy,
The position of Saturn alone is not enough to come to a conclusion. Lagna, Rasi, placement of other planets are
also important. Jupiter's aspect may tone down Sani's effect, it is said. It is also said that any palnet positioned
in a particular constellation ( star ), will give what the nakshatra lord is supposed to give.

Everybody raises a question as to whether life is predetermined. Though there
are arguments to this effect on number of occasions, one may not be able to
get away from it, knowing or unknowingly, mainly because the Brahma Lipi i.e.
fate has its own role in the life of a person. Suppose, if a person is cautioned
about the the impending danger, such people immediately seek a solace to
get away from it as quickly as possible through vedic procedures, etc. Some may
get a doubt as to how spirituality plays a role in this area. It has more significance.
It can certainly change a person's fate to a certain extent and measure of effect
can be brought down. Then the question arises as to how once a destiny
is decided can be or cannot be changed.
One can not escape from the factor
of Karma, which one has to understand it very clearly. The matter is how big it causes
damage or how fearful it is. There are many instances like Nala-Thamayanthi, Kannagi-
Kovalan, etc. One has to clearly understand the concept of Karma, which causes
the destiny of a human being.
It not only makes the destiny but also controls a person.
Besides, the consciousness of a human is influenced by the Karma which exists
inside
a person. But destiny can be modified or toned down easily. This needs an
enlightenment.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Smt. Renuka,

Dear Sir,

I would like to explain about my usage of the word Chosen.

I have read before that we choose Karmically compatible parents and family to carry out a life best suited for our previous deeds.

The unfortunate situations you have mentioned are part of the Karmic plan but we sometimes do not know the reason too for this cos some people go through hardship as a result of previous Karma and some people who want to use up their Sanchita Karma fast choose life of apparent suffering.

So technically we have no idea if a person who is "suffering" in our eyes is actually going through effects of his past deeds or actually voluntarily using up his Sanchita Karma.

But this does not mean that the suffering(becos of past deeds) is a dead end and has no escape.
Present on going actions of ours can help improve ourselves after all Lord Krishna did say only Self can elevate Self.The mind is one own's friend and also one own's enemy.

We humans too are always advised to help others especially the unfortunate cos God does not close the doors on anyone.
By helping the unfortunate they are alleviated from their sufferings and the helpers themselves improve spiritually..so it's like a perfect balanced eco system of Help Ever Hurt Never.

Our present life is the contract between God and us which we signed and agreed upon before we were born.

If you go through the Quran you would fine a similar understanding between God and us..even though they do not talk of Karma and rebirth but there is a sentence that goes "You have agreed with and promised God that you would take up this life and it's ups and down and hence you are born"

Last edited:
Shri Sangom

Lot of people consult horoscope to predict for their life. Nobody really knows really what happen to the prediction except the person who inquires about it. Data were not collected by the astrologers in general. I have come across many people with failure of the prediction and also end up worse off., i.e spending more money doing rituals, blaming the individuals for their misfortune in their life. Medical profession is usually based on science. Even there seeking second opinion is normal. In the case of horoscope prediction we do not know how many opinions are needed.

Kind Regards

............ People are adviced to be careful and cautious, as many chances of meeting with an accident of varying degrees, even due to some one else mistake. Some could take it casually and still be extra cautious without getting nervous. And some get too nervous and frightened. ..................
Dear Ravi,

I had a slip, fell down and got hurt in my right elbow a few days before my friend warned me!! Actually, she told about

'kantaka Sani' only after learning about my injury. I was unable to use my PC for a few days and then wrote about it in

this forum! I strongly believe in Shakthi Vinayakar and His grace saved me.

Here is the write up dated 2 - 12 - 11 in 'eNNa alaigaL'.

இறை அருள் காக்கும்!

கெட்ட நேரத்தில் நம்பிக்கை இல்லை என்றாலும்,

கெட்ட செயல் நேர்ந்தால், வரும் மனதில் சலனம்!

இறை அருள் இருந்தால், கெடுதலும் குறைந்திடும்;
இறை மீது அதிக நம்பிக்கையும் தொடர்ந்து வரும்!

இந்த வாரம் எனக்கு நிகழ்ந்த ஒரு அனுபவத்தை,
இங்கு சொல்ல விழைந்ததால் நான் எழுதுகிறேன்!

தொடர் மழை காரணமாகத் தெருக்கள் ஆறுகளாக,
இடர் வந்தது, வீட்டைச் சுற்றி நீர் நின்றுவிட்டதால்!

ஒரு எதிர்பாராத் தருணத்தில், நிலை தடுமாறியது;
மறு நொடி என்னைத் தரையில் விழவும் வைத்தது!

இங்குதான் இறையருள் காத்தது என்கிறேன்! ஆம்;
எங்கும் எலும்பு முறிவு இன்றி அவனருள் காத்தது!

வலி சிலநாள் அனுபவிக்கவே வேண்டும்; ஆனால்,
துளி கட்டிக் கையைக் காக்க வேண்டியது இல்லை!

வேலை செய்யும் என் வேகம் குறைந்தே போனது!
வேலை செய்யும் பொழுது 'சுலோ'ச்சனா இப்போது!

பக்தியுடன் சக்தி வினாயகனையே வேண்டுவேன்;
சக்தி அளித்து அவனருள் காக்குமென நம்புவேன்!

:pray2:

P.S: SulOchanA = SlowchanA :becky:

Dear Sangom Sir,

Thanks for your detailed reply. The 'kantaka Sani' period is over for me! :cool:

When I read about the effects of Sani in different places, I was just thinking: For some people, Sani lives with them

from the day of their wedding!

P.S: Ram's father seems to have rejected a few horoscope of girls with Sani in the 10th house, saying that they will be
very talkative and selected me... The funny part is I am a :blah: ! Who can change the fate? :pound:

Sometimes people born a few hours apart itself can have similar horoscope.

I know a friend of mine who is born just a few hours earlier than me.

Her horoscope said "a marriage before the age of 27 will end in a divorce"

My horoscope mentioned "marriage will occur only after the age of 27 and if earlier to that a likely hood for a divorce"

Both of us never really believed in all these so life went on an usual.

My friend got married at the age of 24 and landed up in a divorce and she is remarried now.

I was too busy to think about marriage cos working as a junior doctor takes up a lot of time so no chances to meet anyone too.

So I decided to opt for any arranged marriage and found the right match at the age of 29..and so far so good in marriage.

So I really wonder that if some horoscopes prediction are invariably true.

Dear Mr.Raghy,
The position of Saturn alone is not enough to come to a conclusion. Lagna, Rasi, placement of other planets are
also important. Jupiter's aspect may tone down Sani's effect, it is said. It is also said that any palnet positioned
in a particular constellation ( star ), will give what the nakshatra lord is supposed to give.

Sri. Ranganathan, Greetings.

That is true. There are many factors including environment need considered. Unfortunately,horoscopes are judged just by looking at one aspect. For example, my son's horoscope is Kataka Rasi, Mars in 'Makara' rasi. Rasi kalathira sthanam Mars, so, it was considered 'Sevvai dhosham!'.... some of the astrologers could not even remember at Makaram mars gets exalted!

I had an astrologer friend who used to say even the astrologers can't be predicting correctly all the time! he said most astrologers start making mistakes after a period of time. Also he said, no matter how good the astrologer is, native's good fortune or the lack of it would always play an important role in the way the horoscopes are interpreted. More over, horoscope predictions are only subjective compared to the native's condition. For example, if the native is very well do, good fortunes in the predictions may be something better than 'well to do' position; if the native is 'aandi pandaaram', a prediction of good fortune may amount to few hundred rupees. So, in my opinion, there is no 'cut and dried' way of expressing horoscope predictions even if they get predicted correctly.

Cheers!

P.S: Ram's father seems to have rejected a few horoscope of girls with Sani in the 10th house, saying that they will be
very talkative and selected me... The funny part is I am a :blah: ! Who can change the fate? :pound:

Dear RR ji,

I can't remember which house my Saturn is but I remember that it says becos of position of Saturn in this house..such individuals will have a lean body.
Even for my father it is the same and me and my dad are thin.

So I think may be I should check my patients horoscope to find out if they have favorable Saturn to help keep them thin!LOL

Dear Renu,

The Lagnam in the horoscope changes every two hours (calculated from the time of Sunrise) and since Lagnam is taken as

the first house, the horoscope with different Lagnams will have different readings. But as I mentioned earlier, the time of birth

should be exact and the one who predicts should be very well versed in astrology. My mama's son got married at the age of 26

to a girl aged 24. The have two brilliant sons and live happily. That girl's twin sister, born after a few minutes, got married at the

age of 32 and got a divorce in 33!! What do we say for this? Again leads to karma theory? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back