• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmins eating non-vegeterian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palitana where there are jain temples , the locals are insisting no non veg be served in hotels and are agitating for closure of meat shops. muslims who constitute 23 percent of population there are finding the demand unreasonable

krish44 said:
Palitana where there are jain temples , the locals are insisting no non veg be served in hotels and are agitating for closure of meat shops. muslims who constitute 23 percent of population there are finding the demand unreasonable

It's true, jains are generally successful businessmen and areas around their temples do not serve non-veg. I live in a jain society and there is no non-veg outlet here nearby and all nearby food stores have jain and non jain versions of foods. It's of course good for a vegetarian like me but I guess Muslims would not find it welcoming.

I am ashamed of saying that Brahmin community is the worst and the first to get degenerate . In 20 years time this community will disappear.
sundararajan.

Dear Sundachu,

I agree with you 100%

This is not fair in my opinion..just becos I am a vegetarian that does not mean I have to stop others from eating meat.

One should learn to live and let live.

This is not fair in my opinion..just becos I am a vegetarian that does not mean I have to stop others from eating meat.

One should learn to live and let live.
Dear Renu,

You are a doc and hence will not feel embarrassed to eat in front of a non.veg eater! But it is difficult for people like me! :nod:

Hence we have lots of pure vegetarian hotels in Sing. Chennai and other cities in India. We had difficulty in finding a pure

veg hotel when we visited Kalimpong recently! Sometimes the oils used for deep frying non.veg stuff is reused for preparing

veg. stuff too! Hence we search for pure veg. hotels! :)

P.S:
I saw pure vegan restaurants in the U S of A. :peace:

Afterall the community which survived the changing social scenarios, 300 years of British rule and centuries of invasions - Do you think will disappear. No. Never. It is in our hands to uphold the dignity of our community. Instead of blaming the dark, let us light a candle.

Afterall the community which survived the changing social scenarios, 300 years of British rule and centuries of invasions - Do you think will disappear. No. Never. It is in our hands to uphold the dignity of our community. Instead of blaming the dark, let us light a candle.
No need for candles. We brahmins will end up corrupting every other community all over the country and the world also. others would dread us over a period of time and fear extinction.we shall selectively absorb the smart and talented from other communities and races.We will come out on top. no fears absolutely.lol

Dear Renu,

You are a doc and hence will not feel embarrassed to eat in front of a non.veg eater! But it is difficult for people like me! :nod:

Hence we have lots of pure vegetarian hotels in Sing. Chennai and other cities in India. We had difficulty in finding a pure

veg hotel when we visited Kalimpong recently! Sometimes the oils used for deep frying non.veg stuff is reused for preparing

P.S:

RRji
I pitY you. you have to search hard for appropriate places to have pure veg food and maintain your veg. status wherever you go.
this can be quite a strain.
hotels serving non veg foods are increasing exponentially
I have noticed many south indian orthodox ladies going hungry in outstations due to non availability of appropriate food meeting their exacting standards . some have preference only for foods cooked by higher castes. even in this forum some advertise for brahmin cooks for their homes.

We had difficulty in finding a pure veg hotel when we visited Kalimpong recently! Sometimes the oils used for deep frying non.veg stuff is reused for preparing

P.S:
I agree with you and understand it. But life is full of compromises. We do not have pure vegetarian restaurants in lot of places. So we do not see in the kitchen, or others eating their food.
I do have problem with people eating live animal sitting at the table.
You should watch this show (if you have the stomach for it).
Bizarre Foods With Andrew Zimmern
https://www.youtube.com/show/bizarrefoods

Dear Renu,

P.S:

Dear RR ji,

Its not becos I am a doc but the fact is I respect the food choice of others even though it might be totally different from mine

I have seen many Vegetarians make gagging sounds and act as if they are going to throw up when they see people eating non veg and also I have seen Muslims closing their noses and making gagging sounds when they seen anyone eating pork and also Non Vegetarian Hindus who also make faces when they see others eating beef.

This is becos each one of them has some amount of prejudice in their mind and cannot look beyond themselves.

When we have respect for everyone else including ourselves no problem would arise and what another eats would make no difference at all.

But we are also entitled to make sure the food we eat is not cooked with any recycled oil of any kind cos that would not be fair to a pure vegetarian..so I do choose my restaurants carefully.

I dont know what being a doc has to do with being a V or NV? Even if a surgeon is cutting body parts, it is not with the purpose of eating them, right?

I dont know what being a doc has to do with being a V or NV? Even if a surgeon is cutting body parts, it is not with the purpose of eating them, right?
The flesh color in non.veg stuff might not affect the doctors as much as it affects the others! :)

FYI, Biswa Sir, I don't eat noodles or anything which appears like non.veg. stuff! Some restaurants prepare such items.

One of the items I don't like (even to see!!)

Gobi-Manchurian-600.jpg

Picture courtesy: Google images

Gobi-Manchurian-600.jpg

hi

we have restaurant called LUMBINI...its in our neighborhood...i know the owner too...is it in USA?...its nepali restaurant...run by

nepalis....

What is it? Some kind of manchurian? I know V people quite enjoy gobi manchurian.

BTW, FWIW, the color in the photo is not coming from flesh/meat. It is coming from tomato or chillies or most likely even food coloring.

Gobi-Manchurian-600.jpg

it looks like gobi manchurian in tomato sauce.it is very. popular in tamilnadu.any joint serving chinese food would serve this.It could be a great combination with a peg of whisky on a rainy afternoon

it looks like gobi manchurian in tomato sauce.it is very. popular in tamilnadu.any joint serving chinese food would serve this.It could be a great combination with a peg of whisky on a rainy afternoon

Its Mushroom manchurian yaar..look carefully!

BTW one should visit Malaysia cos here we have Chinese Vegan restaurants that serve pure veg food with no onions and garlic or any milk product but some meals resemble Non Veg.

You will have vege chicken..vege mutton etc all made from Soya flour.

You should check out the Indian crowd from India who frequent these joints..so many pure vegetarians get a kick of tasting pseudo non veg!LOL

RRji, you did not show the drink accompanying the dish. Is it what Mr. Krish said? If so, what is your opinion about the matching drink?

Dear RR ji,

Its not becos I am a doc but the fact is I respect the food choice of others even though it might be totally different from mine

I have seen many Vegetarians make gagging sounds and act as if they are going to throw up when they see people eating non veg and also I have seen Muslims closing their noses and making gagging sounds when they seen anyone eating pork and also Non Vegetarian Hindus who also make faces when they see others eating beef.

This is becos each one of them has some amount of prejudice in their mind and cannot look beyond themselves.

When we have respect for everyone else including ourselves no problem would arise and what another eats would make no difference at all.

But we are also entitled to make sure the food we eat is not cooked with any recycled oil of any kind cos that would not be fair to a pure vegetarian..so I do choose my restaurants carefully.

I agree with Renukaji. While what I eat is my choice others do have that right to choose and I respect that. Being a brahmin, I have been following these principles in choosing what I eat and where I eat if it is a hotel/restaurant:

1. My food should have roopa samridhdhi. If a mothakam is made to look like a headless pig on my table I won't eat it even if it is just pure vegetarian food.

2. My food should have gandha samridhdhi. If the mothakam stinks like karuvaadu I wont eat it even if it is pure veg stuff.

3. My food should have rasa samridhdhi. If there are harmful ingredients in the food I would prefer to keep away from it even if it is veg stuff. Recycled oil is one such item. Rasa would include taste also.

4. My food should have guna samridhdhi. When eaten it should help me retain my sattva guna and should not induce an over dose of rajo or tamo guna in me.

Last edited:
What is it? Some kind of manchurian? I know V people quite enjoy gobi manchurian.

BTW, FWIW, the color in the photo is not coming from flesh/meat. It is coming from tomato or chillies or most likely even food coloring.
It IS gobi manchurian which is the hot favorite in many brahmin wedding feasts!

Though it is a pure veg. stuff, I hate to see the blood red color! That is my nature; what to do?

I like the deep pink color and hence like the beetroot toffee - my dear mom's recipe! :thumb:

But I don't prepare beetroot curry or relish it! :nono:

It IS gobi manchurian which is the hot favorite in many brahmin wedding feasts!

Though it is a pure veg. stuff, I hate to see the blood red color! That is my nature; what to do?

I like the deep pink color and hence like the beetroot toffee - my dear mom's recipe! :thumb:

But I don't prepare beetroot curry or relish it! :nono:
hi

just info...i saw this gobi manchurian in lumbini restaurant recently....many likes manchurian.....its full of chilli...so red color,,,,

Its Mushroom manchurian yaar..look carefully!

BTW one should visit Malaysia cos here we have Chinese Vegan restaurants that serve pure veg food with no onions and garlic or any milk product but some meals resemble Non Veg.

You will have vege chicken..vege mutton etc all made from Soya flour.

You should check out the Indian crowd from India who frequent these joints..so many pure vegetarians get a kick of tasting pseudo non veg!LOL
Dear Renu,

The google image says it is gobi manchurian!
icon3.png

BTW, I always wonder why the veg eaters prefer to make something look like non.veg and eat it! :confused:

When my son was young he used to call cauliflower as kOzhiflower since he hated its appearance!

I rarely make cauliflower curry and even when I make, the pieces will be very tiny! :)

P.S: Veggie carvings are displayed in the wedding reception halls at the entrance.

One artist made a herd of sheep using Gobi! (see the sample pic)

Cauliflower-sheep-baaaa.jpg

RRji, you did not show the drink accompanying the dish. Is it what Mr. Krish said? If so, what is your opinion about the matching drink?
You are asking the wrong person, Biswa Sir!

The JD fan is not seen in our forum for a long time. :spy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back