• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmins - Easily the smartest wrt balanced intelligence

The reaction you get not just in the mind but in the body. Body mainly reacts when you are geared up and fit for action . It is a pragmatic response to control adharma. You may call it destructive mode without anger but my main point is there is a purpose not tied to selfish interests alone. It is for the benefit of the mass and to make the world a better and safer place.
There is a thin line between understanding the mechanics of destruction mode and justifying our own anger.

When not using only for selfish reasons anger gets sublimated as ugra. That possesses the destructive power.

Dear Shri TBT,

I am talking of the people who are descendants of saptarishis. Nobody can contest the supremely evolved nature of the saptarishis. So brahmins have that genetic advantage with respect to spirituality. Their intelligence is sattvic in nature and so I am of the view they have best balanced intelligence. I did not say they are superior. Time balances everything out and timelessness is the ultimate reality. But within the physical mental reality they definitely have the distinct advantage with respect to intelligence.

Is there any reference to say 'brahmins' alone descended from saptarsis.? Visvwamitra was a ksatriya. In fact I do not see saptarishis connected to genetic lineage of human beings at all.

Saptarishis might have started the brahmin gotras amongst human beings to preseve vedas as a tree with multiple branches and tutored people who adopted brahmana varNa and from these people flew the brahmin jAti.

go-trA means cow herd, which means group of people. Group of people tutored by a rishi becomes of that gotra. This gotra was used to give best chance to natural selection. In parti-linear systems in primates/human beings group around an alpha-male. Women from one alpha-male group marry into other alpha-male groups. Here the gotra became identity for the group to avoid inbreeding as groups expand in nature. In old grhya sutras both mother and father gotras should not be married into. This means that natural selection works at its best. As brahmin jAtis started migrating in groups, this was tough to be followed and hence diluted to paternal gotra alone.

But apart from that gotra are not connected to the rishis' themselves in genetic lineage. How do I say that..? That's why we have pravaram in which we identify the rishis whom our ancestors were tutored by. 2,3,5 rishis are often identified in a pravaram and they are not always biologically connected as children of one another. But we say our gotra with 2 or 3 or 5 rishis because rishi lineage indicates the tutoring received from the rishis.

The question is "does brahmin jAti has best balanced intelligence or superior intelligence or whatever that term is", the answer from my understanding is No. It's exactly what valluvar said 'Pirappu okkum ella uyirkkum'. All are born equal. They may have acquired different genetic adaptation traits for different environments. If the environment matches the adaptation abilities the beings evolve much better. That's exactly what is sirappu ovva sei thozhil vetruymaiyaan.

I am just putting a counter view here. I could be wrong as well. So no offense meant.

Dear Shri TBT,

Why deny Brahmins their balanced intelligence. In the history of India they did play the role of advisors. Doesn't it require the right intelligence to advise kings? One does not have hesitation in acknowledging valor of Kshatriyas. Then why not intelligence of Brahmins? Is there an insecurity in doing that in the current milieu?

Dear Shri TBT,

Why deny Brahmins their balanced intelligence. In the history of India they did play the role of advisors. Doesn't it require the right intelligence to advise kings? One does not have hesitation in acknowledging valor of Kshatriyas. Then why not intelligence of Brahmins? Is there an insecurity in doing that in the current milieu?
Dear Sravna,
Advising Kings is not only in India.
Other countries too had wise men as ministers to advice Kings.
Even among tribes in the Amazon before they go hunt for their food, they go see their chief Shaman to seek blessings, protection and advise.

Its a general pattern to seek advise of wise men.

At the same time, no one is denying that the Brahmins of the past gave the right advise due to balanced intelligence.

No one is denying the valor of a Kshatriya either but even the great Arjuna lost his valor during the Mahabharat...likewise even the most balanced mind can commit and error which is beyond their control.

Ajamila being a Brahmin lost his sense of judgment and married a women of ill repute and didnt lead a life of virtue but managed to get saved when he uttered the name Narayana.

The word balance itself denotes duality..to be in the golden mean..but at anytime the scales can tilt to any side of the spectrum..so honestly no one is 100% balanced.

Dear Renuka,

Well reasoned. I understand intelligence is a sensitive issue. But other qualities are also equally valuable. Intelligence, courage and compassion are all equivalent in an ideal self. But given a not so ideal situation, each has an edge in a certain quality. My view is that brahmins have that edge in intelligence now. Time of course is a great leveler.

Dear Renuka,

Well reasoned. I understand intelligence is a sensitive issue. But other qualities are also equally valuable. Intelligence, courage and compassion are all equivalent in an ideal self. But given a not so ideal situation, each has an edge in a certain quality. My view is that brahmins have that edge in intelligence now. Time of course is a great leveler.
Dear Sravna,
Intelligence isn't a sensitive topic.
Its a topic which is hard to define because its intelligence is multifactorial.

Some others from other parts of the world might feel Jews have an advantage in the intelligence department based on the number of Noble prizes they have won.

Would you agree that a Jew has an advantage?
How would you compare it with Brahmins?
Their food isnt Sattva.
How would you rate their intelligence?

Dear Sravna,
Intelligence isn't a sensitive topic.
Its a topic which is hard to define because its intelligence is multifactorial.

Some others from other parts of the world might feel Jews have an advantage in the intelligence department based on the number of Noble prizes they have won.

Would you agree that a Jew has an advantage?
How would you compare it with Brahmins?
Their food isnt Sattva.
How would you rate their intelligence?
Dear Renuka,

It is a fact that Jews stand out with respect to intellectual achievements. So no one can deny their intelligence. Their capabilities are more suited to strong analytical or strong creative achievements. But intelligence of brahmins is spiritual. It is a balance of analytical and creative intelligence. The Jews have the strength and the Brahmins have the balance.

To elaborate the Jews have a strong offensive intelligence and the Brahmins have a strong defensive intelligence if I may say so

Dear Shri TBT,

In a light-hearted note, you should read what Arya Samaj founder Swami Dayanand saraswati wrote on the role of brahmins in Somnath temple looting.

I don't understand what's balanced intelligence. But in the past there were different jAtis performing different functions. Every one had some intelligence of their own to do their function well. Great architectures of stone and metals, sculptures with intricate designs which still stand today as a testimony to the advancement levels of past civilizations were not done by brahmin jAtis. Great expeditions on land and sea with ships and vehicles were not created by brahmin jAtis. Several great literatures that stand till today were not done by brahmin jAtis. But yes brahmin jAtis too had great contributions in sciences, philosophies, administration etc.

My point is on claiming of superiority of one over another, which I think is baseless.

In a light-hearted note, you should read what Arya Samaj founder Swami Dayanand saraswati wrote on the role of brahmins in Somnath temple looting.

I don't understand what's balanced intelligence. But in the past there were different jAtis performing different functions. Every one had some intelligence of their own to do their function well. Great architectures of stone and metals, sculptures with intricate designs which still stand today as a testimony to the advancement levels of past civilizations were not done by brahmin jAtis. Great expeditions on land and sea with ships and vehicles were not created by brahmin jAtis. Several great literatures that stand till today were not done by brahmin jAtis. But yes brahmin jAtis too had great contributions in sciences, philosophies, administration etc.

My point is on claiming of superiority of one over another, which I think is baseless.
I am not claiming superiority of one type of intelligence over other. Wisdom is close to balanced intelligence.

And what about the rest of the world?
What type of intelligence do they have?
I confess I cannot categorize each and every group in the world for the type of intelligence they possess. It is easy to understand what I claim if you understand that India is the land of spirituality which was mainly espoused and practiced by Brahmins.

I confess I cannot categorize each and every group in the world for the type of intelligence they possess. It is easy to understand what I claim if you understand that India is the land of spirituality which was mainly espoused and practiced by Brahmins.
Personally, I feel everything in creation be it planet earth or any other undiscovered galaxy is spiritual because everything is from God or in Brahman.

May be its time to explore other cultures, countries and communities.
Btw why is the concept of " mirror mirror on the wall, who is the most intelligent of all" so important?

I am sure you are very intelligent yourself to realize how limited the human intellect is.
Lets take an example..if a person is obsessed with his/her bodily beauty he/she is usually called shallow because physical beauty is external and subject to aging.

Likewise if a person is over attached to his/her intelligence, isnt the person holding on to a transient ability too?

We say " I am not the body" isn't it?
Well, we are not the mind, intellect, memory and ego either.
So why hold on to any of these?

The intellect is but a tool.
If a craftsman gets over attached to his tools and keeps admiring it, eventually he doesnt build anything through it.

You are much more than being intelligent Sravna.
I think you havent realized that.

May be its time to explore other cultures, countries and communities.
Btw why is the concept of " mirror mirror on the wall, who is the most intelligent of all" so important?

I am sure you are very intelligent yourself to realize how limited the human intellect is.
Lets take an example..if a person is obsessed with his/her bodily beauty he/she is usually called shallow because physical beauty is external and subject to aging.

Likewise if a person is over attached to his/her intelligence, isnt the person holding on to a transient ability too?

We say " I am not the body" isn't it?
Well, we are not the mind, intellect, memory and ego either.
So why hold on to any of these?

The intellect is but a tool.
If a craftsman gets over attached to his tools and keeps admiring it, eventually he doesnt build anything through it.

You are much more than being intelligent Sravna.
I think you havent realized that.
I agree Renuka. For example courage and compassion seem different qualities. But for true or unconditional courage one needs compassion and vice versa. So are the equivalence of all qualities. Frankly I am not holding on to intelligence. I want to be equally called courageous, compassionate etc. As you say only then you are trying to seek something eternal and not something transient because it is unconditional.

I agree Renuka. For example courage and compassion seem different qualities. But for true or unconditional courage one needs compassion and vice versa. So are the equivalence of all qualities. Frankly I am not holding on to intelligence. I want to be equally called courageous, compassionate etc. As you say only then you are trying to seek something eternal and not something transient because it is unconditional.
Sravna..the name of the game is UNLOADING.
Why do you want to add on all these adjectives..courageous
compassionate etc?

Unload..only then what lies within will be unveiled.

That which lies within does not function through limited means.

It's intelligent but not through thinking.
It's compassionate but not through feelings.
It's courageous but not through opposing.

So why do you want to limit yourself by your ownself and for your ownself?

Sravna..the name of the game is UNLOADING.
Why do you want to add on all these adjectives..courageous
compassionate etc?

Unload..only then what lies within will be unveiled.

That which lies within does not function through limited means.

It's intelligent but not through thinking.
It's compassionate but not through feelings.
It's courageous but not through opposing.

So why do you want to limit yourself by your ownself and for your ownself?
Renuka,

Mind and Body being calm and unmoved by what's happening in the outside world is commendable and desirable. But what about an environment and people who do not understand magnanimity? Those who don't care for values and ethics. What if they can influence people? Is it not a dangerous situation for the world? If no one acts will not the world move towards destruction? The nature creates that balance by creating the ugra response in people to stop such depraved and selfish people from fully corrupting the world.

There is no scientific evidence to support the claim that Brahmins are "easily the smartest balanced intelligence." Intelligence is a complex trait that is influenced by many factors, including genetics, environment, and education. While there may be some correlation between caste and intelligence in India, this is likely due to historical factors such as the caste system's emphasis on education and learning for Brahmins.

It is important to note that intelligence is not a single, monolithic trait. There are many different types of intelligence, such as verbal intelligence, mathematical intelligence, spatial intelligence, and emotional intelligence. Brahmins may be more likely to excel in certain areas of intelligence, but this does not mean that they are necessarily smarter than people from other castes.

In addition, intelligence is not always evenly distributed across all areas of a person's life. Someone who is highly intelligent in one area may not be as intelligent in another area. For example, a Brahmin may be very intelligent in mathematics but not as intelligent in music.

Ultimately, there is no easy answer to the question of whether Brahmins are the smartest balanced intelligence. Intelligence is a complex trait that is influenced by many factors, and there is no single way to measure it. It is important to be aware of the limitations of intelligence tests and to avoid making sweeping generalizations about the intelligence of people from different castes.

How about saying that a particular race is exceptional? Maybe there is evidence for it? Please set your house right before pontificating to others.

How about saying that a particular race is exceptional? Maybe there is evidence for it? Please set your house right before pontificating to others.
Dear Sravna,
Sometimes what we hold on to could be our greatest fear.
Rigid views are usually fear based.

Some consider money as their wealth..some consider gold as their wealth..for some beauty is their wealth and for some knowledge is their wealth.
All of the above are also ruled by fear of losing it or facing opponents of equal standing or better.

One who is very intelligent at times finds it hard to acknowledge that others too can be intelligent..reason?
Fear.

Just like a rich man fears losing money or losing out his number 1 position in Forbes richest list to someone else.

Deep down inside may be some of us when faced with the idea of everyone is capable of being intelligent, prefers to hold on to some idea that there is a balanced and imbalanced intelligence.
In this way, he or she doesnt feel another person is his equal or better..because he or she has labelled the other person as " imbalanced intelligence"

All of us are guilty of some form of labelling and not address our attachments and fears
Most important thing is not to compare and contrast..even identical twins differ to an extent.

Reflect on "Vairagyameva abhayam".
What does this mean?( pasted from the website below)
भोगे रोगभयं कुले च्युतिभयं वित्ते नृपालाद्भयं
माने दैन्यभयं बले रिपुभयं रूपे जराया भयम् ।
शास्त्रे वादिभयं गुणे खलभयं काये कृतान्ताद्भयं
सर्वं वस्तु भयान्वितं भुवि नृणां वैराग्यमेवाभयम् ॥
– वैराग्यशतकम् ३१
bhoge roga-bhayaṃ kule cyuti-bhayaṃ vitte nṛpālād-bhayaṃ
māne dainya-bhayaṃ bale ripu-bhayaṃ rūpe jarāyā bhayam ।
śāstre vādi-bhayaṃ guṇe khala-bhayaṃ kāye kṛtāntād-bhayaṃ
sarvaṃ vastu bhayānvitaṃ bhuvi nṛṇāṃ vairāgyam-evābhayam ॥
– Vairāgyaśatakam 31
Translation:

In enjoyment, there is fear of disease; in family reputation, there is fear of falling; in wealth, there is fear of kings (the rulers); in prestige, there is fear of humiliation; in power, there is fear of enemy or adversary; in beauty, there is fear of old age; in scriptural erudition, there is fear of learned opponents; in virtue, there is fear of wicked vilifying person; in body, there is fear of death. For human beings, everything in this world is coupled with fear. Vairāgya (dispossesiveness, not clinging to enjoyments) alone bestows fearlessness.

Read the below...it explains well.

Dear Renuka,

There is no fear. I am just reacting to the hypocritical behavior of the westerners and their sycophants. I am secure in my own self. I was just stating a truth that brahmins have the most balanced intelligence. I admit kshatriyas are courageous and ashkenazi jews have creative intelligence and so on. What is rigid about this? It is in the nature of physical reality all are different. Some are better endowed in one faculty and some others in another faculty. But i am not assuming superiority in what i have and insecure because i dont have another. I have a healthy attitude towards differences and not make mountain out of it as some do.

The real problem is not one of stating the differences but one of assuming superiority and starting discrimination.

Latest ads

Back