• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmins - Easily the smartest wrt balanced intelligence

sravna

This may irk a lot. But I am being dead objective. By this I do not mean they are superior but that the fact that their intelligence is the most balanced. This has been seen in history where they were able to easily adapt themselves according to the situation and place and still retain their essence. I can speculate that their intelligence is the maximum achievable in humans. There are of course many types of intelligence but with regard to all round and balanced intelligence the brahmins clearly stand apart. I would even go to the extent and say that they are from a different evolved star system and were attracted to the great spiritual earth.

Comments and criticisms welcome

This may irk a lot. But I am being dead objective. By this I do not mean they are superior but that the fact that their intelligence is the most balanced. This has been seen in history where they were able to easily adapt themselves according to the situation and place and still retain their essence. I can speculate that their intelligence is the maximum achievable in humans. There are of course many types of intelligence but with regard to all round and balanced intelligence the brahmins clearly stand apart. I would even go to the extent and say that they are from a different evolved star system and were attracted to the great spiritual earth.they are from a different evolved star system and were attracted to the great spiritual earth.

Dear Sravna,

I am keen to know about
they are from a different evolved star system and were attracted to the great spiritual earth.

Dear Renuka

It is just an educated guess. Most of Hindu philosophy was in BC. I consider it as products of fully evolved minds. They were mostly by saptarishis. We know each saptarishi is associated with a star. To create such profound philosophy at such an early period of mankind suggests that these saptarishis were indeed associated with those stars which had evolved minds. These rishis might have come to earth and establish their philosophy. Additionally we know the superpowers of the rishis. So travel to earth seems possible and highly likely.

Vega, Pleiades are other star systems that are related to ursa major star system. Vega is called as Abhijit associated with Lord Krishna and Pleiades is called as Krittika associated with Lord Muruga. BTW my janma nakshatra is Abhijit and Lagna nakshatra is Krittika.

Dear Renuka

It is just an educated guess. Most of Hindu philosophy was in BC. I consider it as products of fully evolved minds. They were mostly by saptarishis. We know each saptarishi is associated with a star. To create such profound philosophy at such an early period of mankind suggests that these saptarishis were indeed associated with those stars which had evolved minds. These rishis might have come to earth and establish their philosophy. Additionally we know the superpowers of the rishis. So travel to earth seems possible and highly likely.
Dear Sravna,
Do the saptarishis have a earth based Varna classification?

They are called Brahmana because they are knowers of Brahman.
They are beyond bodily identification and Varnashrama unlike humans who are still bound by the caturvarna system.
What say you?

Dear Sravna,
Do the saptarishis have a earth based Varna classification?

They are called Brahmana because they are knowers of Brahman.
They are beyond bodily identification and Varnashrama unlike humans who are still bound by the caturvarna system.
What say you?
Dear Renuka,

Classification by itself is not bad unless it is used for discrimination. Brahmarishi Viswamitra to whose gotra I belong was himself born a Kshatriya. But he chose a path whereby he would attain higher knowledge. Again nothing is superior or inferior. You only have to understand the merits and demerits of each and how to blend with the rest.

I have been severely criticizing the western mindset especially that of USA. Someone who does not fear or believe in God can stoop down to any extent. The same mindset is there with the politicians especially in Tamilnadu. The only difference is that they rely on technology to suppress the opponents but here they rely on goons.

I have been severely criticizing the western mindset especially that of USA. Someone who does not fear or believe in God can stoop down to any extent. The same mindset is there with the politicians especially in Tamilnadu. The only difference is that they rely on technology to suppress the opponents but here they rely on goons.
But a lot of people who believe in God or fear God still are capable of extremist behavior.
Many corrupt people too are very religious.

But a lot of people who believe in God or fear God still are capable of extremist behavior.
Many corrupt people too are very religious.
Dear Renuka,

Right belief in God implies belief in good. That gives you a broadminded outlook and not a narrow dogmatic belief. Such people are balanced and able to discriminate between dharma and adharma and act accordingly.

Dogmatic belief is there among people of all religions and so also there are people with right beliefs in all religions. But when there is no belief in God, there is nothing to tether you to morals. Your mind is in a corrupt state or wide open for corruption.

Last edited:
When you believe in good you believe in dharma and you will not reject the notion of God. God as a notion is the ultimate good and belief in God is practicing good and dharma. So when you say it is possible to be good but not believe in God is all specious understanding of reality at best and being deceptive at worst.

Last edited:
This may irk a lot. But I am being dead objective. By this I do not mean they are superior but that the fact that their intelligence is the most balanced. This has been seen in history where they were able to easily adapt themselves according to the situation and place and still retain their essence. I can speculate that their intelligence is the maximum achievable in humans. There are of course many types of intelligence but with regard to all round and balanced intelligence the brahmins clearly stand apart. I would even go to the extent and say that they are from a different evolved star system and were attracted to the great spiritual earth.

Human race has been the result of evolutionary adaptation. The current switch to homosapiens race is a gradual evolution that happened when species gets divided physically and grow into a different species due to different evolutionary adaptation needs. Ability to process information, use external environment to build tools, which in turn puts pressure on more logical processing needs is also a gradual evolutionary growth. That's why they say vasudha-iva-kutumbakam. All beings in earth are one family. We can also say prajnAnam brahma. All life are creation/expansion of that consciousness.

What differentiates human beings is their ability to witness their own thoughts, ability to analyze information from other's perspectives, ability to have a sAksi in their manas/mind. This ability is what creates and evolves new things and is with all humans. aham-brahma-asmi. This is for all human beings.

In the varNa system brAhmana are knowledge providers. Anyone who creates new knowledge is a brAhman. But brahmin jAti, which is a hereditary system, is not same as brAhmana varNa. brahmin jAti was formed only to preserve vedic texts. Their only job was to recite vedic texts accurately and transmit it to future generations as a human tape-recorder. Since people believed Vedic texts have huge knowledge that could not be understood fully, but need to preserved, they formed this brahmin jAti to do only that. They were protected and nourished by royal decrees, grants of lands etc.

brahmin jAti whose only job was preservation of vedas always had to rely on others for living. So they had to be skilled in adaptation and have to continuously migrate to new lands seeking sustenance. That's how tambrahms came into being. Migration and adaptation have been the hall-marks of tambrahms as a jAti, as they never were really owners of anything.

If you are referring to brahmin jAti, then that jAti does not exist now in most parts, as they are no longer into vedic preservation. What they are using is their skills in adaptation and migration. They adapted to rulers of different religions, nationalities and cultures and survived in the past. When British came, they were the first ones to serve the British. When INC started, they were the first one's to participate. They were the first ones to migrate to US and Europe seeking greener pastures. But in this process, they have to leave their core task of preserving vedas, for most parts.

If you are referring to brAhmana varNa, then by definition any one who provides knowledge is brAhman.

Nobody by birth can claim to superior intelligence in this planet. Most of our past literatures in samskrt or tamil are not from brahmin jAtis. Our scientific inventions and discoveries of the past were also not always from brahmin jAti, as their job was to recite vedic scriptures only. As early adapters of western science, culture, politics and technologies, we find them in many top echelons of society today. That's just an early mover advantage.

Just my humble view.

Dear Shri TBT,

I am talking of the people who are descendants of saptarishis. Nobody can contest the supremely evolved nature of the saptarishis. So brahmins have that genetic advantage with respect to spirituality. Their intelligence is sattvic in nature and so I am of the view they have best balanced intelligence. I did not say they are superior. Time balances everything out and timelessness is the ultimate reality. But within the physical mental reality they definitely have the distinct advantage with respect to intelligence.

Intelligence does not always bestow advantage. Today a little brain, with a lot of goons and half baked technology can give you clear edge over intelligence. It all depends on the time we live in.

People who say that brahmins do not have the advantage of intelligence are sycophantic when singing paens on the supposed exceptional intelligence of white americans. Grow up people. Who are you kidding?

People who say that brahmins do not have the advantage of intelligence are sycophantic when singing paens on the supposed exceptional intelligence of white americans. Grow up people. Who are you kidding?
Dear Sravna,
I have studied in India for my tertiary education..the top scorers of the colleges came from various types of students from India and also from other countries..be it a Brahmin from India or a Non Brahmin from India, a non Brahmin from another country or a Non Indian from Middle East or Malaysia.

It was always neck to neck and no one had any genetic advantage from what I noticed.
So its not about denying that Brahmins are intelligent but its about saying that Brahmins are not the only intelligent people on earth.

Dear Sravna,
I have studied in India for my tertiary education..the top scorers of the colleges came from various types of students from India and also from other countries..be it a Brahmin from India or a Non Brahmin from India, a non Brahmin from another country or a Non Indian from Middle East or Malaysia.

It was always neck to neck and no one had any genetic advantage from what I noticed.
So its not about denying that Brahmins are intelligent but its about saying that Brahmins are not the only intelligent people on earth.
That is the point I am making about Americans. They are not exceptional. They are ordinary in many respects including intelligence. I would even go to the extent and say they are sub ordinary when it comes to maturity.

Intelligence does not always bestow advantage. Today a little brain, with a lot of goons and half baked technology can give you clear edge over intelligence. It all depends on the time we live in.
Dear Sravna,
Recently 4 tribal kids were lost in the Amazon jungle aged from 11 months to 10 or 11 years..they were on a plane with their mother and the plane crashed.
Other passengers died, their mother survived for a few days..then she died.
So these kids had to venture into the jungle to survive and they survived for 40 days before being rescued.

Their grandmother was confident the kids would be found alive because she said they were well versed by the age of 4 to know what fruits to eat, what is poisonous, how to collect rain water..how to avoid jaguar tracks cos they know the scent of jaguar..etc.

Honestly anyone of us would have died cos we know nothing of a jungle that too the Amazon!

I started to realize how intelligent these kids were...its a natural intelligence learnt from elders and through the power of observation..even their 11 month baby sibling didnt die.

As I grow older, I have started to realize that mostly we have a limited intelligence..its mostly just information we lap up from school, books,college and training.
But we have not learnt to access anything outside of our books ..we take pride in using AI technology but thats just putting our own information into it, in other words we are creating limited intelligence all over again.

Most of us( me included) have not learnt to have an access to the Universal Intelligence..we take pride to feel we are learned but honestly we have not really known what being truly intelligent is.
I feel to start to know about true intelligence we have to realize we actually know nothing..only then we can still the mind and log into the Universal Consciousness which sadly most of us cant do yet( me included).

Well said Renuka. An ideal quality is something that blends with your other qualities. If you are intelligent it is necessary to be good, it is necessary to be angry against the adharmic. Thats when you can be said to be truly intelligent and as you say in sync with universal intelligence. Solving an integral equation or inventing a super computer but always think of self and thinking bad for others is not true intelligence. You are just an idiot savant being good at something specific.

People today have a very wrong notion of intelligence. You explained it well.

Well said Renuka. An ideal quality is something that blends with your other qualities. If you are intelligent it is necessary to be good, it is necessary to be angry against the adharmic. Thats when you can be said to be truly intelligent and as you say in sync with universal intelligence. Solving an integral equation or inventing a super computer but always think of self and thinking bad for others is not true intelligence. You are just an idiot savant being good at something specific.

People today have a very wrong notion of intelligence. You explained it well.
Thank you Sravna..
But do we have to be angry against Adharma?
Anger doesnt help.
Anger is the reaction of our own ego when we cant set things right even though we might be Dharmic.
But being normal human beings we are bound to feel some anger when faced with Adharma..but what should we do?
Well, I would first try to handle the anger..cos when we are angry its our limbic system acting and it affects our judgement.
So best is we address our own anger so that the mind is clear and plans to rectify the adharmic situation can be handled in a step wise manner.

Thank you Sravna..
But do we have to be angry against Adharma?
Anger doesnt help.
Anger is the reaction of our own ego when we cant set things right even though we might be Dharmic.
But being normal human beings we are bound to feel some anger when faced with Adharma..but what should we do?
Well, I would first try to handle the anger..cos when we are angry its our limbic system acting and it affects our judgement.
So best is we address our own anger so that the mind is clear and plans to rectify the adharmic situation can be handled in a step wise manner.
Dear Renuka,

There is a positive angle to anger. The body should naturally react on seeing adharma. You get such anger only when body becomes spiritual. I am not clouded by anything at that moment. There is full clarity about the injustice happening and how it needs to be resolved.

Dear Renuka,

There is a positive angle to anger. The body should naturally react on seeing adharma. You get such anger only when body becomes spiritual. I am not clouded by anything at that moment. There is full clarity about the injustice happening and how it needs to be resolved.
One who is truly spiritual is equipoised in all situations.
One does not need to get angry in order to uphold Dharma.
Anger only arises if one still feels he is the doer.

Closely observe a lion making a kill.
It attacks ferociously but its not angry.

One who is truly spiritual is equipoised in all situations.
One does not need to get angry in order to uphold Dharma.
Anger only arises if one still feels he is the doer.

Closely observe a lion making a kill.
It attacks ferociously but its not angry.
Renuka,

A lion yes but like Narasimha who could not control His rage at adharma. Peaceful spirituality is only at human level for attaining moksha. Ugra beyond that as it can only control inveterate adharma.

Renuka,

A lion yes but like Narasimha who could not control His rage at adharma. Peaceful spirituality is only at human level for attaining moksha. Ugra beyond that as it can only control inveterate adharma.
When I wrote about the lion, I had Narasimha in mind.
Ugra doesnt mean uncontrolled rage.
Ugra appears ferocious because its in destructive mode.
Its not the same as anger.
We humans mistake ugra as anger because we fear if we would be on the " encounter" list for any blatant or hidden adharma.

I would not consider Parashurama as having rage too despite He slaying so many Kshatriyas.
He was just on a mission.
Thats why when He came face to face with Lord Rama, there was no more killing after that cos His mission had ended.

Spirituality isnt about being peaceful either..its about being balanced.
Most people who claim to be peaceful actually have lots of fear of expressing their opinion and tend to be timid.
Thats not spiritual too..being spiritual is being able to perform the most conducive action with the least expenditure of energy in the " I am not the doer" format.

The reaction you get not just in the mind but in the body. Body mainly reacts when you are geared up and fit for action . It is a pragmatic response to control adharma. You may call it destructive mode without anger but my main point is there is a purpose not tied to selfish interests alone. It is for the benefit of the mass and to make the world a better and safer place.

Latest ads

Back