• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmin Community - Disintegrating by settling abroad !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Many brahmin communities are migrating abroad to seek greener pastures. But they come with heavy costs!!.

Most of them move away from the Brahmin culture in the second generation, kids are born/brought up in the western world. They face all the immigrant issues in other countries, subject to violence, drugs, divorces, family breakdown !!

By moving into nuclear families they are also faced with immense stress in bringing up kids, education etc.. without any family support, society support etc..

These Next Gen kids cannot connect with the folks back in India, so they end up marrying people from other races.

So eventually 1000's of years of family traditions are lost !!

So Brahmins abroad need to review & settle back in India which is our homeland to preserve our ancient traditions, culture, Vedic religion & way of life !!

Hello mr j.k ,you have come out with a thoughtful new thread ,were so many would have had this doubt in their life time at least once.this starts with one s educational back ground being given a chance to glow ,and prove themselves .so that becomes an affinity ,later more & more involment towards western side .money ,money.yes its important ,very crucial for ones own life for their domestic needs ,personal duties,making our dreams ,wishes come true.!!!!!. Ok ,to mpov one should know the value of education ,money .where its a part of life ,not the whole life, should be content for what ,& limit of ones own needs. Rule of how much is too much is in the hands of each person .very very few cases had returned back to our mother land for traditions ,culture basis.

Hi Dr Narayani,

Thanks ! Agree with you. After seeing so my friends, colleagues, relatives settled abroad, clearly the costs are way too high for the quality of life one gets !!

Cheers,
JK

There are a handful who are still maintaining the Hindu culture in foreign shores through building temples, attending community meetings, organizing cultural programs, starting veda classes, Enrolment in Carnatic & Bharatanatyam schools etc; Persons who are returning to Bharatvarsha are mainly on account of better career opportunities in India...How many are returning for cultural reasons? Laukik (Mundane) reasons in our Samsara Sagara overrule the adhyatmic (spiritual).

Last edited:

Many brahmin communities are migrating abroad to seek greener pastures. But they come with heavy costs!!.

Most of them move away from the Brahmin culture in the second generation, kids are born/brought up in the western world. They face all the immigrant issues in other countries, subject to violence, drugs, divorces, family breakdown !!

By moving into nuclear families they are also faced with immense stress in bringing up kids, education etc.. without any family support, society support etc..

These Next Gen kids cannot connect with the folks back in India, so they end up marrying people from other races.

So eventually 1000's of years of family traditions are lost !!

So Brahmins abroad need to review & settle back in India which is our homeland to preserve our ancient traditions, culture, Vedic religion & way of life !!

Dear sir,

I will have to disagree with you here from the point of view of a PIO.
I do not think any community will disintegrate even if they live in the North Pole!!LOL

Ok let me state my points.
A community can only disintegrate if they do not hold on to their views or feel ashamed of it.
Only when they try to be what they are not..they end up being lost in some new found land.

Many of us PIO are still very much within the requirements of our religion and community and culture.
Adopting some new style of living,clothes and trying new food does not mean we are losing ourselves.

Have you given this a thought..correct me if I am wrong.Isn't a Pattar(palghat iyer) actually a TB that had settled in Kerala?
Didnt they assimilate with the local cultural and food habits?
Did they lose anything by doing so?
I feel our Hindu ancestors adapted and assimilated much more than anyone of us.

Our ancient ancestors had even conquered countries which are outside of present day India and no one loss their identity in that process.

We can stay anywhere in this world but our true identity can never change unless we want to change.

Last edited:
Dear members ,pls note that this thread is not either direct or indirect to tap /hurt your feelings of abroad t.b .we share the examples ,incidence .so that it does not occur/ happen in their life again .ones lesson is other mans example. I have seen tb of abroad could not even attend the final rituals right being first son ,later it was a ball pass game,such a tough time to see. Yes !!!! I agree its great ,good &even par excellence to prove yourself in another country ,but then still ,being along with your parents ,wife ,kids is very worthy than any thing else.as a doctor ,we know the value of emergency treatment only because of done in prompt time , so i intend to say you set time goal for each thing .

We can stay anywhere in this world but our true identity can never change unless we want to change - Renu.

Nacchunu irrukku.

The problem is that with the commencement of rule of the Dravidian parties, there are virtually no jobs in government and government related institutions. Brahmins have virtually been thrown out of medical education. Thus brahmins were facing a bleak future. The rise of software industry has been a godsend gift for them to lift them out of poverty. It is okay to preach brahmins not to go abroad but who will like to die of hunger and penury even in one's homeland. Brahmins getting jobs in gulf countries, Malaysia etc which have a sizeable Indian population maintain their culture. We should only expect that to the extent possible, expatriate brahmins should try to maintain their culture. Incidentally how many brahmins living in TN maintain their culture?

Dear sir,

I will have to disagree with you here from the point of view of a PIO.
I do not think any community will disintegrate even if they live in the North Pole!!LOL

Ok let me state my points.
A community can only disintegrate if they do not hold on to their views or feel ashamed of it.
Only when they try to be what they are not..they end up being lost in some new found land.

Many of us PIO are still very much within the requirements of our religion and community and culture.
Adopting some new style of living,clothes and trying new food does not mean we are losing ourselves.

Have you given this a thought..correct me if I am wrong.Isn't a Pattar(palghat iyer) actually a TB that had settled in Kerala?

Our ancient ancestors had even conquered countries which are outside of present day India and no one loss their identity in that process.

We can stay anywhere in this world but our true identity can never change unless we want to change.

Dear Renuka,

Your concluding statement that I have highlighted above, is the crux of the whole issue/concern..

Your conclusion, for me, seem to be just an ideal attitude. But in reality, things are way different than idealism.

Many many PIO's, especially living in western world have gone/are going beyond what we call as personal/traditional identity. Folks have changed/are changing a lot and have started frowning upon their own culture and tradition. In the name of intelligent questioning and logical reasoning many present generation PIO's have lost any interest and sensibility in Brahmin (coz the thread tittle is expressing concern about Brahmin community) culture & tradition.

Many PIO parents are talking hardship to instill Brahmin culture and tradition in their children and are just keeping their fingers crossed, wishing their children continues to accept and practice them as they grow. Parents are many who are just prepared to let their children marry any one belonging to any nationality and religion, considering the living environment/social stimulation.

The sense of revering the departed souls of the parents and ancestors and performing pitru karmas are not considered to be of any importance. Emotional attachment and importance to the near and dear ones in India are considered to be senseless and imbalanced.

The high and sophisticated standard of living, considering the greatness of globalization to the personal level in one's personal life, easy going attitude to leave one and get along with other partner, making joke of Hindu gods and spiritual practices etc..etc..are all leading to rejection of sense of greatness, reverence and acceptance of Hindu/Brahminical culture and tradition.

The indigenous western culture, the legalized offering of extensive pubs & prostitution in western, south eastern, few Middle East countries and the possible fantasies of social networking opportunities between the opposite sex of the world of expatriates are all leading to complete change over of one's identity and the sense of adherence to one's culture and tradition.

IMHO, I my above POV., there is nothing to refute in support of one's personal choice of living. As far as personal choice of living with one's own acceptance is concerned, I have nothing to express my views in support and in against.

But when we just assess the prevailing and most probable continuation of the trend in the future, I believe, my observation about the folks living outside India, in consideration of the Brahmin culture and tradition, are the truth, as just a topic of concern.

Dear Sri "Jay Kay",

I agree with every word in your post except the last sentence. It may not be possible for most of the Tamil Brahmins settled abroad to return to mother land and fit in the old way of life here. Even the present generation of Tamil Brahmins in our Country have forsaken the traditions of forefathers due to social and economic compulsions. Changes cannot be stopped in Social evolution. There is no use in finding fault with others for the changes in our life. Let us accept that every change that had taken place is for good. Only feasible solution is to encourage the present generation of youngsters whether in India or living abroad to safe guard our culture what ever is left.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
The problem is that with the commencement of rule of the Dravidian parties, there are virtually no jobs in government and government related institutions. Brahmins have virtually been thrown out of medical education. Thus brahmins were facing a bleak future. The rise of software industry has been a godsend gift for them to lift them out of poverty. It is okay to preach brahmins not to go abroad but who will like to die of hunger and penury even in one's homeland. Brahmins getting jobs in gulf countries, Malaysia etc which have a sizeable Indian population maintain their culture. We should only expect that to the extent possible, expatriate brahmins should try to maintain their culture. Incidentally how many brahmins living in TN maintain their culture?

The Tamil Brahmins go for study to US and enamoured by the high quality of living, Equality of Opportunity and tremendous scope for career advancement stick over there...US is considered as a meltng pot of cultures and it assimilates various cultures, nationalities, languages seemlessly which is a point of envy and admiration.

These reasons are common across India....Currently Telugu & Gujarati communities throng US and almost 2/3rd migrants from India belong to these 2 States...

I was in Chicago a few years back & visited the the Balaji temple at Aurora...I was amazed after observing the way the Hindu culture and traditions are being maintained there...So I don't think that we would be morally loose only on account of migration. I have provided the link here.
Sri Venkateswara Swami (Balaji) Temple of Greater Chicago

Temples or cultural centres are precincts where the community assembles for more than one reason. Whether there is any actual interaction with the community to know the customs, practices, likes and loves and dislikes to moderate oneself. Instead of making the appeals from here it would be better to know their mind in their own words. Besides, the younger generations at large (including or instead of the star performers there) should be involved. Raise a questionnaire and ask their minds. Elders should be indulgent and should not wear that " I-know-better" attitude. Wherever they are, maybe in Moon or Mars, if they feel what they are originally, everything must be good for themselves. No national want to lose his identity. Why us, Tamil Brahmins? Americans are Americans, British are British, Europeans are Europeans, South-East Asians are SEAsians, Chinese are Chinese, even Australians are Australians. Why not we be us? The NRIs & PIOs should respond. Remember you will be ultimately considered as what you are. Why do not you decide that yourself?

Once when I went to Palakkad, one of my relatives said that those who left the place to foreign countries are returning. That was nice to hear. But I have many cousins who are settled in the US and Canada and Dubai. They retain a love for things Palakkad, but the same cannot be said about their children. The temples built and the culture practised are by the earlier generation.

Temples or cultural centres are precincts where the community assembles for more than one reason. Whether there is any actual interaction with the community to know the customs, practices, likes and loves and dislikes to moderate oneself. Instead of making the appeals from here it would be better to know their mind in their own words. Besides, the younger generations at large (including or instead of the star performers there) should be involved. Raise a questionnaire and ask their minds. Elders should be indulgent and should not wear that " I-know-better" attitude. Wherever they are, maybe in Moon or Mars, if they feel what they are originally, everything must be good for themselves. No national want to lose his identity. Why us, Tamil Brahmins? Americans are Americans, British are British, Europeans are Europeans, South-East Asians are SEAsians, Chinese are Chinese, even Australians are Australians. Why not we be us? The NRIs & PIOs should respond. Remember you will be ultimately considered as what you are. Why do not you decide that yourself?

I did see this thread, but did not want to respond as I am not sure what is Brahmanism?
Culture is place and time specific. A Tamil brahmin is not homogeneous in different part of Tamil nadu, and across the globe. So please define a required criteria for Brahmin. Tell me that majority of TB's follow that criteria. Then I can understand the loss of that culture by moving to foreign country.

My family moved away from Tamil Nadu in 1900, my parents followed as best as they could the culture they brought with them.
I was raised in that culture, my brothers can read and write Tamil, I missed out on that.

I was influenced by Chinmayananda, may be that itself was against brahminism.
I believe that my child has been raised in that culture. They are comfortable in India, they wear Indian cloths, eat Indian food, enjoy Indian culture. Vegetarian, goes to temple, and respects elders. Loves all relatives, what more can you ask.
I do not believe in lot of superstitions, and I am open about it, and they too do not believe it. I believe in science, Karma Theory, and rebirth. I believe that our destiny is to be one with the Brahman.

So let us have a discussion about our culture and what is lost?
I rarely see in India, Indian wearing Indian cloths, I see most of the Indian using alcohol, and I see brahmin kids eating meat (including beef). In metro cities girls live in jeans and t-shirt. kids live together before marriage, pre-martial sex is common. I am not passing judgement, but I accept that culture is not lost, but is changing. I bet most of us who moved away have maintained the old traditional culture (even though it is canned version). I am told, by new immigrant that I speak Brahmin Tamil, but I do not understand their tamil.
Let us have sensible discussion, now that I put my cards on the table.

I agree partly with JayKay, Renukaji, Ravi and mostly with Brahmanyamji. It is true that some children
of Tamil Brahmins in India in general and in the south in particular are not toeing their parents or grandparents
in the matter of daily rituals. The outlook of present generation changes fast with the influence of television, fast food,
shopping malls, cinema etc. I can emphatically say that the children in western countries do practise daily chanting of
the stothrams with devotion and sincerity and visit the Hindu temples once in a fortnight over the weekend. These
young children try to protect the brahmin identity notwithstanding the local culture. It all depends upon how
you are in a foreign land. I have seen many male members do pujas along with their wives and children both in the morning as well as in the evenings. They keep their old parents with them for guidance in every matter which is
a support to them. However if their parents are left behind in India in the custody of any blood relation and in any
eventuality where their presence is required, they are unable to make it due to variety of reasons. In fact it is their
primary duty to atleast perform the last rites either as kartha or join others doing the ceremonies. One goes abroad
for betterment of life; that does not mean that life in India is no less better. India has tremendously improved and
is moving fast on all fronts. Our brahmin culture is sacred which is still preserved in the south as you will see from
the increasing number of brahmins thronging the temples daily, the mushrooming of veda padashalas .You
will not find this sort of scenario in the U.S.A. The unfortunate part of the children born abroad is that they do not know anyone except their parents,parents sisters and brothers and their families ,maternal grandparents and paternal grandparents. As far as possible, it is incumbent on the parents abroad to see that their children do not embrace local culture in their own interests. There are advantages and disadvantages in settling abroad.As far as I am concerned
I would not say that brahmin community is disintegrating by settling abroad.

Regards
PC RAMABADRAN

in USA within the time constraints

The unfortunate part of the children born abroad is that they do not know anyone except their parents,parents sisters and brothers and their families ,maternal grandparents and paternal grandparents.

Please do not generalize on the basis of your personal experience. Children in my family enjoy extended family and we visit India every other year.
I think the PIO's maintain the culture more.

Please do not generalize on the basis of your personal experience. Children in my family enjoy extended family and we visit India every other year.
I think the PIO's maintain the culture more.

Dear Prasad,

you have to look at this from the next 2 generations !!. will they continue the Brahmin traditions/culture ( i am focussing on temples, pujas, sanskrit language/mantras, rituals, customs & NOT on dresses, drinking, eating habits etc..), most likely not.

can kids who are born & brought completely abroad marry someone from India & settle down - most likely not. so these kids initially look to marry brahmins settled in USA but cannot find a similar match, end up marrying outside.

as it is, their focus on tradition goes down since they dont have a large family to support them.

yes, yours may be an exception. but largely if you look at all the people who migrated in 50/60/70's, most of them are lost !! so when you look 2 gens from now, you will see the impact!

Cheers,
JK

I did see this thread, but did not want to respond as I am not sure what is Brahmanism?
Culture is place and time specific. A Tamil brahmin is not homogeneous in different part of Tamil nadu, and across the globe. So please define a required criteria for Brahmin. Tell me that majority of TB's follow that criteria. Then I can understand the loss of that culture by moving to foreign country.

My family moved away from Tamil Nadu in 1900, my parents followed as best as they could the culture they brought with them.
I was raised in that culture, my brothers can read and write Tamil, I missed out on that.

I was influenced by Chinmayananda, may be that itself was against brahminism.
I believe that my child has been raised in that culture. They are comfortable in India, they wear Indian cloths, eat Indian food, enjoy Indian culture. Vegetarian, goes to temple, and respects elders. Loves all relatives, what more can you ask.
I do not believe in lot of superstitions, and I am open about it, and they too do not believe it. I believe in science, Karma Theory, and rebirth. I believe that our destiny is to be one with the Brahman.

So let us have a discussion about our culture and what is lost?
I rarely see in India, Indian wearing Indian cloths, I see most of the Indian using alcohol, and I see brahmin kids eating meat (including beef). In metro cities girls live in jeans and t-shirt. kids live together before marriage, pre-martial sex is common. I am not passing judgement, but I accept that culture is not lost, but is changing. I bet most of us who moved away have maintained the old traditional culture (even though it is canned version). I am told, by new immigrant that I speak Brahmin Tamil, but I do not understand their tamil.
Let us have sensible discussion, now that I put my cards on the table.

Dear Sri "Prasad",

I am impressed by your response to this thread and agree with every word, especially in the last paragraph of your post. It is also my view that culture is social evolution, a continuous change, no one can stop it, we can only fine tune it to the acceptable level of our religious belief. Look at our dress, food habits, mode of living today, every thing is changing. It has been so always in the past as well. And it will continue in future also. But the core values of our beliefs have not changed much.

Superstitions are wonderful make beliefs, fantasies, knowingly accepted by us. Look at our scientists working in ISRO or other facilities, they mark their fore head with religious symbols of their preference and even fix the time of launch of their products astrologically.

I know Swami Chinmayananda personally and organised his first Gnana Yagna (seventh in India, after his return from Uttarkashi) in 1954 at Coimbatore as Joint secretary to the committee. He belongs to my generation. My exposure to religious literature is due to Swamiji only. A dynamic personality who appeared in the line of Swami Vivekananda and Maharishi Dayananda Saraswathi to revitalise Vedic Religion.

Warm Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
WHEN THE THREAD GETS EXTEND ,MORE OPINION ,PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ARE SHARED.GOOD APART, AS STATED ABOVE IN THIS TOPIC ,GIRLS WITH JEANS ,T.SHIRT ,PRE-MARITAL SEX ,ALL ARE STATED AS WESTERN STYLE ONLY .SO I DO NOT MEAN THE COMFORT OF WEARING THE CLOTHES HERE,PLS MIND IT , DATING ,PRE .MS ,ARE ONLY OF WESTERN LIFE OF LIVING TOGETHER,ARE JUST OR ONLY FOLLOWED BY SOME ,FEW GROUPS NOT THE WHOLE PEOPLE HERE .THEN COMES THE FINAL RITUAL RITES ,OMG !!! ONCE WHEN THIS ISSUE WAS DISCUSSED WITH KANCHI MAHAPERIWA ,ie,PEOPLE WITH NO ISSUE ,PARENTS WITH ONLY GIRLS ,SO QUESTION RAISED FOR THEIR FINAL RITUALS ,SO THE HOLY SAINT STATED TO START A PROCEDURE DONE IN THE PRESENCE OF LORD SUN ,AND LATER ALL GURUS HOLY ADISHANKARA, MADAVAAR ,SRI RAMANUJAR. THE PINDAM IS OFFERED WITH THE INITAL CONCERN WITH LORD MAHAGANAPATHY.THE PERSON GOTHRUM THEIR ANCESTORS ALL DONE BY PROPER FORMAT,I HAVE PERSONALLY WITNESSED THIS IN MADIYA KAILASH TEMPLE IN ADAYAR,CHENNAI.(any body with doubt can clarify it).SO THIS IS THE PROCEDURE,BUT NOW SO MANY NRI ,BRAHMIN IN ABROAD,GETTING ENROLLED SINCE THEY HAVE TIME CRISIS,THEY DO NOT HAVE FACILITY TO DO SO.,THEY CANNOT PREPARE SO MANY FOOD ITEMS ON THAT DAY.etc etc. EVEN NOW I FEEL THAT SOME HOW THEY MEET OUT THEIR DUTIES AT LEAST.(but the mother/lady who participate for this shardham feels very emotionally ,even with sons i cannot do this ).NEXT ABOUT THE BAJANS , SLOGAMN CHANTING I DO NOT INTENTED TO SAY ALL ,BUT FEW DOES IT AS PARTY ,GE TOGETHER MANNER,LATER SNAPS FORWARD IN FACE BOOK WE HAD JOLLY WEEKEND IN MR-- HOUSE FOR VISHNU SAHASRANAMAN PRAYANAM. SO INTENTION MAY BE GOOD BUT THEIR IS ATTITUDE OVER LAPPING.

Dear Jaykay,

I can safely assure you that most Hindus in Malaysia both Brahmins and Non Brahmins strive very hard to maintain culture and religion.
Ok regarding USA I have known a few friends of mine NB and Brahmins from USA who still maintain culture and religion.
Many are vegetarians and may outwardly look modern but know their prayers,mantras and culture by heart.

Out here sometimes people even go overboard to maintain culture.Even folk dances are still maintained here and many are reverting to tradition for every thing in life.

Astrology and Numerology is firmly rooted here that people walk around with weird spelling names for the sake of numerology.

The Government also encourages everyone to maintain their culture and want unity in diversity.
We have 3 major races here and we learn to accept and share culture with all.

In fact living abroad we take more trouble to keep in touch with India and Hindu culture.
Why else do you think I fly to India every year?
To get Hindu related books etc and also too keep in touch with religion.

Some of my cousins visit India twice a year for pilgrimages too.

You know sir..sometimes decline in religious and cultural practices take place not in foreign land but in India itself...you know why?

Cos when we are surrounded by our own culture all the while sometimes we take it for granted that we will learn it some day and keep procrastinating and eventually never learn much.

Hi Renuka,

Glad to hear that the indian people in Malaysia follow the culture & are probably over zealous. Also Malaysia has a concentrated large population of Tamils which helps to retaining the culture.

Btn, I can see you are probably one of the flag bearers of our culture, the best of our traditions. !!

I am referrring to the west bound migrants where the Indians are spread all over.

I agree, some the first gen migrants follow the culture more than the people in India. I know some of them in USA follow this to the letter & spirit.

However when you look at the next gen - the kids born & brought up there - completely in the western world, they slowly move away from the roots !!

Most of the next gen kids dont visit the temples there let alone follow the culture.

So in 1 or 2 generations, all is lost.

Cheers,
JK

Hi vsubbu,

Agree with you. Brahmins had to travel abroad for jobs due to this insane politics by the dravidian parties/lack of opportunities.

However that is not the case today. South states are doing extremely well & a large no of people from other states are coming here for jobs.

And we cannot move away from homeland just because some parties are making an issue of Brahmins. anyways I see that this rhetoric is toning down !

Infact all Brahmins like the jews need to come back & settle back in India & assert their rights. Thats the only way, we can hope to retain our community & culture. These are 1000's of yrs old & we owe it to preserve them for our kids & their kids. !!

Cheers,
JK

Please explain "What Is Lost"?
Like BostonShankara once wrote, "what are we protecting"?
What is Brahmanism? Why must it be preserved?

In Mr. Vsubbu's words
Incidentally how many brahmins living in TN maintain their culture?

Like Renuka said:

Mr. Rambadran laments:
Our brahmin culture is sacred which is still preserved in the south

Please enumerate what is this culture? Is it common to all south Brahmins? Is it even common to all Tamil Brahmins?
I feel culture is local, to the extent that what one family follows is distinct from their neighbor.
Yes things change, may be for good or bad, I do not know.
We used to travel by steam engine, now we travel by diesel engine, we may travel by electric engine, the mode may be different but we reach the same destination. So what is that we are lamenting?

Last edited:
Mr. Brahmanyan, even before you wrote:
I know Swami Chinmayananda personally and organised his first Gnana Yagna (seventh in India, after his return from Uttarkashi) in 1954 at Coimbatore as Joint secretary to the committee. He belongs to my generation. My exposure to religious literature is due to Swamiji only. A dynamic personality who appeared in the line of Swami Vivekananda and Maharishi Dayananda Saraswathi to revitalise Vedic Religion.

There is a lot that we share, I am glad you are from Chinmaya family.

Hi Prasad,

well I thought I clarified earlier. I am referring here to the culture of following the brahminical traditions like sandhyavandam, chanting sanskrit slokas, learning sanskrit language, the various festivals, learning our vedic texts/ramayana, mahabaratam, rituals, customs. This is common to all south brahmins, not only specific to us TB's/iyers.

I am NOT talking about dress culture, drinking, eating non veg, life style choices like premarital sex, live-in relationship etc.. - all these are individual choices & people will adopt to changing times like steam engine to bullet train :)

I dont have a problem if some brahmins want to discuss religion/vedic texts over Jack Daniels :) after all it is a bullet train/space age !!

However the issue is the disintegration of the brahmin community & its culture. It is similar to the jews in early 1900's, when they came together & created Israel. Infact Jews strongly push their kids to marry within the community to preserve their traditions & culture !!.

If a brahmin marries a chinese, japanese etc.. there is no way you can preserve these age old traditions !!

Cheers,
JK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back