• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

BJP (and so Modi-Amit Shah) bandwagon completely routed in Bihar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main plus for BJP in this Bihar election ir-respective of their loss of seats is that they have a solid vote percentage and they lost due to conslodiation of the opposition . On single-party basis, the BJP managed a face-saver with a vote share of nearly 24.8 per cent – higher than individual shares of 18.5 per cent for the RJD and 16.7 per cent of the JD-U. If they have to retain this advantage then they have to start grooming their own state leader like Sushil Modi who can then be the face of BJP in Bihar and take BJP to the next level from here .

I feel that slowly but surely, nemesis is overtaking BJP and Modi; Modi had been an arrogant type even when he was gujarat PM and probably he feels he is an 'avataara purusha' with a great work to complete. Someone in this forum even praised him as a "Raja rishi"! But in reality, Modi looks inexperienced to govern a complex country like India. His effort therefore, is to bring India to such a condition where he will be able to understand it and what better step for an RSS pracharak of decades of such experience, but to convert India into a hindu rashtra following the RSS' rule and laws!

The only problem is India is too big for Modi.

12183742_10156315731500637_5980372942825059898_o.jpg

Modi had been an arrogant type even when he was gujarat PM and probably he feels he is an 'avataara purusha' with a great work to complete.

I do not know whether Modi feels he is an avatara but there are others like this person here who considers him to be an Avatar of God .

Meet the new ICCR chief: Modi avatar of god, bigger than Gandhi
Congressman to self-avowed Modi fan, Lokesh Chandra explains his big swing
http://indianexpress.com/article/in...d-bigger-than-gandhi/99/#sthash.YjJM0YZA.dpuf

He is fluent in 16 languages, has over 596 publications to his name, and was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 2006 for “his contributions to academic life and public discourse”, but when Lokesh Chandra was appointed as India’s cultural czar Thursday, quite a few eyebrows were raised.

Why would the BJP government choose an 87-year-old Indira Gandhi loyalist, with links to leaders of the erstwhile Soviet Union, for its first big-ticket appointment in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) — as president of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), the country’s cultural interface with the world?

The answer becomes clearer when Chandra begins to list the qualities that he admires in Prime Minister Narendra Modi. For Chandra, Modi is a “man of ideas, not of ideology”; who from a practical point of view “supercedes” Mahatma Gandhi; who has made “a much more meaningful impact” on the lives of the poor than Karl Marx; and who is virtually an incarnation of God (“woh bhagwan ke avatar hain”).

Dressed in a white khadi kurta and dhoti, Chandra — who will head ICCR for the next three years — explains the reason for this big swing from a Congressman to a self-avowed Modi fan, in an interview with The Indian Express. “I have been a Congressman all my life. I was close to Indira Gandhi, I had personal relationships with several top leaders of the erstwhile Soviet Union. But for Modi, politics is only till the elections. After the polls, he is only thinking of the country.”

And that’s not all. “He (Modi) is very open in approach. He has never been vindictive. He rises above all political affiliations, and for him, national concerns are important. For the poor, he is like God. Unke liye, woh bhagwan ke avtaar hain (for the poor, he is an incarnation of God)… Look at his Jan Dhan scheme. Karl Marx wrote so many volumes on poverty, but what was his real contribution? Modi has made a much more meaningful impact to the lives of these poor.”

“Modiji”, says Chandra, “in some aspects, supercedes Gandhi when it comes to (a) practical approach.”

￾”He (Modi) kept a fast for nine days (during Navratra), and kept working, woh bhagwan ke avtar hain (he is an incarnation of the God). This shows he has great attachment to values, and India is based on a value system. He doesn’t have any foreign back accounts and black money. He doesn’t have a son or a son-in-law. For him, the country is his son and son-in-law. India needs such a PM.”

Chandra’s reply to another question – on some of his plans as the new ICCR chief – also provides enough clues to his appointment. He wants to connect India to south-east Asian countries through programmes based on the Mahabharata and Ramayana. He also wants to help “many South Koreans” trace their ancestry back to India.

￾”We can organise Ramayana and Mahabharata-based programmes with the south-east Asian countries like Indonesia, Cambodia, Laos. They have living traditions drawn from these epics,” says Chandra.

According to him, many South Koreans trace their lineage back to a princess from Ayodhya. “There are many South Koreans who have an Indian ancestry, we need to explore these areas,” he says, referring to the popular tale of Princess Suriratna who married King Kim Suro in 48AD.

According to him, at present 6 million Koreans with the surnames Kim and Huh from Gimhae, and Lee from Incheon, trace their ancestry back to this royal couple. He adds that the tomb of Princess Suriratna has a pagoda built with stones believed to have been brought from Ayodhya.

Chandra says he also plans to meet External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj after her forthcoming trip to Mauritius and Maldives.

Chandra is a well-known figure in academic circles and, as the MEA states on its website, his “major life-work is the study of cultural interflow between India and the countries of the world.”

Meet the ICCR chief

* Born in 1927 in Ambala, Chandra’s father Prof Raghu Vira was a scholar who wrote on Asian culture and its contribution to India’s linguistic development.

* In 1950, Chandra was awarded a doctorate in Literature and Philosophy by the State University of Utrecht (Netherlands) in recognition of his contribution to the editing of the Gavamayana portion of the Vedic work “Jaiminiya Brahmana”.

* The languages he knows include Sanskrit, Pali, Avesta, Old Persian, Japanese, Chinese, Tibetan, Mongolian, Indonesian, Greek, Latin, German, French, and Russian.

* Apart from the “Tibetan-Sanskrit Dictionary” and “Dictionary of Buddhist Art”, he has authored works such as “Materials for a History of Tibetan Literature” and “Buddhist Iconography of Tibet”.

* He has headed the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) and was earlier Vice President of ICCR
-

Unity (NDA) hit diversity and diversity did not get hurt. A lesson for the pseudo unitywallas: Diversity only will save India. The genre of election campaigns by the PMJi unbecoming of a PM, raised Biharis to great heights. Intellegentsia lost to commonsense.

At last Modi has got what he in fact deserves, a hard snub! My prediction that his is a classic case of நுணலும் தன் வாயால் கெடும்!

I never thought BJP would win. Amit Shah winning LS in UP was a different ball game. That had the Modi wave.

I am visiting India, and among Modi supporters. They are not showing any sign of capitulation, panic, or even awareness.
Maybe Modi is more of a realist than his supporters.

I am visiting India, and among Modi supporters. They are not showing any sign of capitulation, panic, or even awareness.
Maybe Modi is more of a realist than his supporters.
hi

i just visited india and came back to USA today......just different story there...

hi

i just visited india and came back to USA today......just different story there...
The patidars are waiting to teach modi a lesson in municipal elections due shortly in gujerat

BJP tried postponing it citing law and order problems. Courts refused to agree to postponement.

anandiben is not liked by local patels

Last edited:
The patidars are waiting to teach modi a lesson in municipal elections due shortly in gujerat

If that really happens then a very big challenge for Modi .I thought that the Patidar's agitation was basically an RSS + BJP sponsored one basically to dilute / remove the reservation system as that was also the main points of the Patidar's agitation i.e give us our reservations or remove reservations for all .
I hope Hardik Patel does not turn out to be the next Bhindrenwale ( who had first the silent support of the Congress to Confront the Akalis but later he became dangerous threat to the Indian Government itself ) .

Last edited:
If Nitish behavior for the Bihar elections were written as a book it would read as "How to Make Friends and Influence People " and if Modi ,Amit Shah's Bihar Strategy were written as a book it would read as "Mein Kampf".

Seeing your prejudiced posts one can clearly say you havent read either of those books.

There is nothing Nitish can influence. He acted like a child when his PM ambitions were hit and went back to Lalu.

But clearly BJP doesnt know politics and we risk going back to the (C)Angress rule in the next term.

A joint statement by LK Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi, Shanta Kumar and Yashwant Sinha has sought a thorough review of the BJP's defeat in Bihar assembly elections, stating that the party failed to learn lessons from the fiasco in Delhi assembly elections.

1-baa00e5e04.jpg

hi

bjp is different .....rss is different.....in ruling.....so the results....ACCHE DIN GAYE.....this is like....after honey moon over..

real color comes out.....

I don't understand Indian politics..comparatively Modi is a much better PM then most past PM's.

Modi is anti- corruption and pro -progress.

It just seems to me Indians do not want to progress in the right direction and people prefer corrupt politicians to rule once again.

Renukaji,
Mody as a salesman for India is the best. Particularly outside India.
in India Modi is still in campaign mode, people expected results and did not see any difference in their lives. There is no real progress.

Renukaji,
Mody as a salesman for India is the best. Particularly outside India.
in India Modi is still in campaign mode, people expected results and did not see any difference in their lives. There is no real progress.

Very True . Indian NRIs are wondering why Modi is being rejected in the State Elections . Had Modi/BJP understood the deeper issues behind their drubbing in the Delhi elections and adopted proper course correction in Bihar , the results would have not been as nasty as it is now . Remember both in Delhi as well as in Bihar , people elected Modi as PM but when it came to governance of their own states they reacted differently . Modi & Modi Bhakts( within and outside India ) have to realise that the Honeymoon period is over and no longer his Campaign Mode like speeches are going to have much impact at the ground level . Also labelling everyone who oppose Modi as Sickular /Leftist/Agent of Sonia /Agent of Vatican/Agent of Pakistan etc etc is not going to help them much .

I think BJP can undertake some radical course correction...

Focus on growth & development

Less of foreign jaunts by PM

Develop local leaders

Use the services of seniors in Government...It looks like the party has isolated the veterans which is not good

Go for market reforms at full speed

I think BJP can undertake some radical course correction...

Focus on growth & development

Less of foreign jaunts by PM

Develop local leaders

Use the services of seniors in Government...It looks like the party has isolated the veterans which is not good

Go for market reforms at full speed

Also put a big full stop to some idiots within their Government and if possible from the Sangh Parivar in taking nonsense openly .

Article 1. of Our Constitution states " India, that is Bharat, shall be a Union of States.". That is what it is. We are a Union of States with different people in Language, culture,History and self-pride. The same yardstick cannot be applied for all the States for electoral success.Shri Narendra Modi came to Power in Gujarat by kindling the "Gujarati Asmita" (Pride of Gujarati) and convincing the electorate that he is the true bearer of the Gujarati Identity. In Bihar Nitish Kumar and Lalu retained their hold by the same way calling the "Bihari against Bahri. Shri Nitish kumar appealed to his electorate an "Ek Bihari sab par Bhari" (One Bihar more than enough to deal with all and sundry) a taunt against Modi. That gave them the results.

In my view the primary mistake of BJP in this election is their reluctance to allow local leadership to lead the elections. (The same mistake that of Congress continue to make). BJP is a cadre based Party. They should have continued to encourage the cadre to take over the elections, instead of sending people from Delhi.

BJP won the State elections in Madya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Rajastan and Goa, where the party had strong regional leaders like Shivraj Singh Chauhan, Raman Singh, Vasundara Raje and Manohar Parikar, even before Modi and Shah took over the Central leadership of the party.

UP and Bihar are States where there is strong Caste hold on the political decisions of parties. Lalu Prasad and Nitish Kumar are viewed as Caste leaders of Yadavs and Kurmis, two major Castes in Bihar. There is no person of stature from these castes in BJP.

BJP's developmental projects have not given any results to common people yet. Prices of essentials have skyrocketed during these eighteen months of rule, in spite of action being taken by Central and State Governments.

The loss of Bihar will not affect the rule of Shri Modi. But BJP should ponder over the reasons for their failure honestly and take corrective action immediately, and weed out "loose tongues" from the party.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
hi

i think" EK BIHARI SOW BIMARI"....ek bihar election is enough for bjp....find local leader and win the hearts of ppl...

BJP, as a National Party, must have a good strategist, who is able to move with everybody without any ego. Unless this is done, BJP has to face this situation.

My understanding is that Atal Bihari Vajpayee, L.K. Advani etc., were instrumental in the formation of BJP. I was in Shivaji Park for the inaugural address by Bajpai in 1980. The impression I got then was that BJP will be an alternative to the Congress, at the national level. There was not much emphasis on hindutwa or Indian values, etc., in that address, nor any anti-muslim statements. Hence I felt, "here's a new party; if it rules well, may be India will progress!". Unfortunately, the golden period of that BJP were the initial 14 or 15 years during which period it never even came close to power. Its ascent to power commenced, haltingly, in 1995 or 96 and now, with the Modi avatar, it has got majority in the lok sabha though it has only 30% of the votes polled.

Whatever might have been the original intentions of Bajpai & co., today, BJP has metamorphosed into a hindutwa spewing party; added bonanza is Modi's autocratic and arrogant way of ruling. These are all destructively negative for that party. I have a feeling that, in the coming two or three years all other political parties, large & small, will start perceiving BJP as their immediate and most dangerous enemy and unite to fight against it and if the planets don't favour, this Modi government experiment will come to a halt by 2018 or so.

Already the "margadarshak mandal" has risen in protest and so have Shatrughan Sinha and 5 or 6 sitting BJP MPs from Bihar, all blaming the Modi-Shah duo. I think RSS is also slowly realizing that in selecting Modi, it has done a very big faux pas.

I believe that even if Modi had delivered on one important (and understandably tough) promise of bringing in black money into Govt. funds, BJP would have trumped in every election. And could potentially harboured hopes of making inroads in TN and Kerala!

Just as Modi's speech are granduous comprising of starry lines, people expected firecrackers in action, which as we know did not transpire. So it became just another "all talk and no action" show that fizzes out eventually.

My understanding is that Atal Bihari Vajpayee, L.K. Advani etc., were instrumental in the formation of BJP. I was in Shivaji Park for the inaugural address by Bajpai in 1980. The impression I got then was that BJP will be an alternative to the Congress, at the national level. There was not much emphasis on hindutwa or Indian values, etc., in that address, nor any anti-muslim statements. Hence I felt, "here's a new party; if it rules well, may be India will progress!". Unfortunately, the golden period of that BJP were the initial 14 or 15 years during which period it never even came close to power. Its ascent to power commenced, haltingly, in 1995 or 96 and now, with the Modi avatar, it has got majority in the lok sabha though it has only 30% of the votes polled.

Whatever might have been the original intentions of Bajpai & co., today, BJP has metamorphosed into a hindutwa spewing party; added bonanza is Modi's autocratic and arrogant way of ruling. These are all destructively negative for that party. I have a feeling that, in the coming two or three years all other political parties, large & small, will start perceiving BJP as their immediate and most dangerous enemy and unite to fight against it and if the planets don't favour, this Modi government experiment will come to a halt by 2018 or so.

Already the "margadarshak mandal" has risen in protest and so have Shatrughan Sinha and 5 or 6 sitting BJP MPs from Bihar, all blaming the Modi-Shah duo. I think RSS is also slowly realizing that in selecting Modi, it has done a very big faux pas.

Dear Shri Sangom,

It is not fair to be unqualifyingly critical of Modi now. India is a complex country with complex problems and it takes time for real progress to be visible. The government has been faring well on economy and there are signs that it will get better. I will wait for the full 5 years of the Government before I make conclusive critical remarks on its overall performance.

Dear Shri Sangom,

It is not fair to be unqualifyingly critical of Modi now. India is a complex country with complex problems and it takes time for real progress to be visible. The government has been faring well on economy and there are signs that it will get better. I will wait for the full 5 years of the Government before I make conclusive critical remarks on its overall performance.
hi

a common man can't wait for full 5 yrs.....still bjp in election mode....not on ruling mode....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back