• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bheemaratha santhi

Dear Sri Nithaic13

Bheema-rathi shaanthi is a mahaa praayaschittham (comparable to shashti-abda-poorthi and sadaabhishegam) which is normally celebrated when one reaches 70 years of age. You do not follow the Romano-Christian calendar.

The Hindu/Vedic month and your janma-nakshathram are important.

If you miss the particular day, then look at the Tamil, Malayaalam or Telegu panchaangam to see when your janma-nakshathram next occurs. Celebrate your shaanthi then. Note that you should celebrate within the year, i.e. before your next Hindu/Vedic birthday.

Note also that unlike the Romano-Christian calendar which considers the day as ending at midnight and the next day as starting immediately after that, according to our Hindu/Vedic panchaangam the day ends immediately before sunrise and the next day starts at sunrise.

If in doubt, consult the elders in your family, your vaadhyar, or a knowledgeable shaasthrigal.

Hope above answers your query.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Dear Sri Nithyic13

You are most welcome.

Remember that the function also includes a "second marriage", i.e. an "aruvathaam kalyaanam" for your wife and yourself. So get ready a new திருமாங்கல்யம் and தாலிச்-சரடு to make the occasion truly glorious.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

No need to scream in BLOCK CAPITALS, Sri kgopalan.

You have been wrong before. You are wrong again.

You do not even seem to have the decency to sign off, much less direct your scream to the intended recipient.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

No need to scream in BLOCK CAPITALS, Sri kgopalan.

You have been wrong before. You are wrong again.

You do not even seem to have the decency to sign off, much less direct your scream to the intended recipient.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer
hi

please calm down sir....VIDYA DATATHI VINAYAM.....knowledge gives HUMBLENESS....listen others too..

shri kgopalan sir doing a great help for this forum long time before your arrival to this forum..

many members are here more than 10 years here in this forum....

"shri kgopalan sir doing a great help for this forum long time before your arrival to this forum..
many members are here more than 10 years here in this forum.... "

"thanks madam...."

Fully appreciate and applaud your sentiments underlined above.

That is precis;ly why I have not highlighted monumental blunders much more serious than thirumangalya dhaaanam during bheema ratha shanthi.

Others have access to the same sources as fallible shri kgopalan sir.

(Not so sure whom you are addressing as "madam".)

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Sanathani (follower of Sanathana Dharma) is one who believes that
{1} there is only one Almighty and the sages call HIM in different names- Ekam Sat viprah bahutha vadanthi.
{2} the whole world is a single family- Vasu deiva kutumbakam
{3} the whole world should be in peace-Loka samasthu Sukhino bavanthu and
{4} knowledge should come from every direction-Aano batra kratvo yanthu vishwathaha.
It is quite imperative to mention that this noble philosophy- unlike semetic religions' - is quite unique one and still practised only in this part of world i.e., BHARAT and ceased to exit elsewhere.
The SOLE PURPOSE of the birth is to protect DHARMA and fight against ADHARMA and NOTHING ELSE.
To invoke HIM to bestow HIS BLESSINGS to carry out the duties i.e., protection of DHARMA.
{Regretted for improper sanskrit pronunciations, if any)

Dear tbs

As Nakkeerar reputedly told Parama-Shivan:-

நெற்றிக் கண் திறப்பினும் குற்றம் குற்றமே

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Dear tbs

As Nakkeerar reputedly told Parama-Shivan:-

நெற்றிக் கண் திறப்பினும் குற்றம் குற்றமே

S Narayanaswamy Iyer
hi

may be KUTTRAM...BUT THE APPROACH SHOULD BE HUMBLENESS....making other's mistakes should not

make right....காய் கனிந்த மரம் ...குனிந்து தான் இருக்கும்...காய் இல்லாத மரம் ...நிமிர்ந்து நிற்கும்...

Just a couple of interesting points for the instruction and guidance of readers who perhaps might not have undergone Veda adhyayanam and prayoga upadesham.

In this thread headed "Bheemaratha Shaanthi", (a sacred and vital "milestone" rite for practising Braahmanas -- indeed a great Praayaschitta samskaaram -- which my spouse and I had celebrated) Well-Known Member Sri kgopalan screamed in BLOCK CAPITALS that

THERE IS NO THIRUMANGALAYA DHAARANM FOR BHEEMA RATHA SHANTHI.

What apparently had made the sleeping bull see red was my quiet advice to Sri Nithyic13:-

"Remember that the function (i.e. Bheemaratha Shaanthi) also includes a "second marriage", i.e. an "aruvathaam kalyaanam" for your wife and yourself. So get ready a new திருமாங்கல்யம் and தாலிச்-சரடு to make the occasion truly glorious."

In an extended rant in anoher current thread (which contains many serious errors) and which is clearly headed:-

அறுபது, எழுபது, என்பது வயதுகளில் செய்யும் ஷாந்தி விவரம்.

he goes on to urge in public without palpable shame:-

யஜமானரால் பத்னிக்கு திருமாங்கல்ய தாரணம் செய்விக்கவும்............ ஷாந்தி குஸுமாகரம் புத்தகத்தில் உள்ளது.

What he now contends is that not only for Bheemaratha Shanthi, but also for Sathaabhishegam the rite of "thaali kettarathu" is perfectly normal and indeed is authorised by a revered text called Shaanthi Kusumaakaram (of which among others I have a copy).

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Some years back, there were similar discussions in Kanchi mutt forum: I reproduce the Sastrigals sayings.

Aug 23, 2012 at 8:08pm

Post Options

Post by on Aug 23, 2012 at 8:08pm

A respected member of this forum contacted me and wanted to get it clarified whether the Bhima Ratha Shanthi karma is to be celebrated at the beginning of 70th year or at the completion of the 70th year. He wished I reply through the forum in some details.

Well, I may say, at the beginning that this doubt is very common now and people generally gets confused over this particular shanthi karma unlike Sashtiabdha purthi celebrations.

Bhima Ratha Shanthi is scheduled for the date on which the person starts 70 years of age - Janma Nakshtra to be taken into account.

While on the subject let me give a list of such shanthi karmas hereunder:
===============================================
  • One year old : Abda poorthi Ayush Homa
  • Start of 55th year : Bheema Shanthi
  • Start of 60th year : Ugra Ratha Shanthi
  • Completing 60 years : Sashtiabdha poorthi
  • Start of 70th year : Bheema Ratha shanthi
  • Start of 72nd year : Eka Shanthi
  • 77 years 7 months 7 days : Vijaya Ratha Shanthi
  • Completing 80 years & 8 months : Satabhisheka
  • Completing 100 years : Poornabhisheka (Kanakabhisheka)
=================================================
Of all the Shanthi karmas listed above, Abdha Poorthi, Sashtiabdha Poorthi, Bheema Ratha Shanthi & Satabhishekam are well known and performed by many.

Hear I may also add that there is one more Shanthi Karma which is known as Prapouta Shanti which is to be celebrated when a son is born to one's son's son.

SRI RUDRA EKADASANI:
One more information that every one of may be well aware of. When Sashtiabdha poorthi, Bheema Ratha Shanthi and Satabhisheka functions are done, Sri Rudra Ekadasani also is usually done as a part of the function. Sri Rudra Ekadasani is a prayaschitha karma and it is advisable to carry it out in a elaborate manner. It will do good to the entire family in addition to the individual for whom the shanti karma is intended

Read more: http://periva.proboards.com/thread/2108/when-celebrate-bhima-ratha-shanthi#ixzz5fOlyG0yk

Just a couple of interesting points for the instruction and guidance of readers who perhaps might not have undergone Veda adhyayanam and prayoga upadesham.

In this thread headed "Bheemaratha Shaanthi", (a sacred and vital "milestone" rite for practising Braahmanas -- indeed a great Praayaschitta samskaaram -- which my spouse and I had celebrated) Well-Known Member Sri kgopalan screamed in BLOCK CAPITALS that

THERE IS NO THIRUMANGALAYA DHAARANM FOR BHEEMA RATHA SHANTHI.

What apparently had made the sleeping bull see red was my quiet advice to Sri Nithyic13:-

"Remember that the function (i.e. Bheemaratha Shaanthi) also includes a "second marriage", i.e. an "aruvathaam kalyaanam" for your wife and yourself. So get ready a new திருமாங்கல்யம் and தாலிச்-சரடு to make the occasion truly glorious."

In an extended rant in anoher current thread (which contains many serious errors) and which is clearly headed:-

அறுபது, எழுபது, என்பது வயதுகளில் செய்யும் ஷாந்தி விவரம்.

he goes on to urge in public without palpable shame:-

யஜமானரால் பத்னிக்கு திருமாங்கல்ய தாரணம் செய்விக்கவும்............ ஷாந்தி குஸுமாகரம் புத்தகத்தில் உள்ளது.

What he now contends is that not only for Bheemaratha Shanthi, but also for Sathaabhishegam the rite of "thaali kettarathu" is perfectly normal and indeed is authorised by a revered text called Shaanthi Kusumaakaram (of which among others I have a copy).

S Narayanaswamy Iyer
Respected Sir,
The book Shaanthi Kusumakaram is NOT available, as per my search. Hence, I humbly request you to convert the book you have into e book format and post it for the benefit of those interested.
Thanks and Regards J V Sughumar

Dear Sri Sugumar

Thanks for your interest, which is admirable.

Are you proficient in Grantha lipi?

The Shaanthi Kusumaakaram consists of some 500 pages of very closely set Grantha lipi.

It is normally an advanced reference book for vaadhyaars, research scholars, and others who have done Veda adhyayanam over a continuous period of 8 to 12 years full-time study or some 16 to 18 years part-time study under exceptionally diligent and learned gurus. And are keeping up with their studies.

It is very dangerous to attempt to master these texts by self-study. Especially since mis-pronunciation, mis-understanding of raised and lowered emphasis, long and short vowels, conjunctions of syllables, elided and transformed vowels, and so on can result in trouble for chanters, hearers, yajamaanans, karthas, their families and sponsors.

May I ask, first, whether you are a Brahmachaari who regularly performs not only his thri-kaala sandhyaa-vandanam with requisite Gaayathri japams, but also correctly performs dvi-kaala samidaa-daanam daily?

Alternatively, are you a Gruhastha who regularly performs not only his thri-kaala sandhyaa-vandanam with requisite Gaayathri japams, but also correctly performs dvi-kaala aupaasanam daily without fail? With your dharma-pathni in attendance?

If the latter, how do you maintain the gaarhapathaagni from going out? And how do you re-kindle it when needed? What happens when you travel outstation?

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

sir, kindly open www.swarnapuri.in and their book catalogue list . You will find many books written by swarnapuri sri. r sridharan, 1 st cross, 46th street, nanganallur chennai-600061. book code no. will be there for shanthi kusumakaram in sanskrit language nagara lipi with tamil meaning . 6 parts are there. and also books on all shanthis. all details are there to buy their books. shanthi as per rishi Bodhayanar, sownakar and as per saiva proktham and also for yajur, sama, ruk veda prayogam details are there.

ஸ்ரீ புவனேஸ்வரி சாரிட்டபிள் ட்ரஸ்ட் அமைப்பின் ஒத்துழைப்புடன் ஸ்ரீ புவனேஸ்வரி வேதிக் சென்டர் நடத்தும் இரண்டாம் ஆண்டு ஸமஷ்டி ஷஷ்டியப்தபூர்த்தி , பீமரத சாந்தி , சதாபிஷேக வைபவம் சென்னையில் வரும் எப்ரல் 2019 நான்காவது வாரத்தில் நடைபெற எற்பாடு செய்யபட்டு வருகின்றது. இந்த ஸமஷ்டி ஷஷ்டியப்த , பீமரத , சாதாபிஷேக வைபவத்தில் முதியோர் இல்லங்களில் இருந்து வரும் மூத்த குடிமக்களுக்கு முன்னுரிமை அளிக்கப்படும் மேலும் இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியில் நீங்களும் ஒரு தம்பதிகளாக கலந்து கொண்டு ஈஸ்வர ப்ரஸாதத்தை பெறவேண்டுகிறோம் , கலந்து கொள்ள விருப்பம் உள்ளவர்கள் கிழ்கண்ட விபரத்தை ஈமெயில் வாட்ஸ் அப் அல்லது தபாலில் 15.03.2019 க்குள் அனுப்பி வைக்கவும் ,
பெயர் , விலாசம் , கோத்ரம் , நக்‌ஷத்திரம் , ராசி , தொடர்பு கொள்ள வேண்டிய நபர் , தொலைபேசி எண் , குடும்ப விபரம்
மேற்பட்ட விபரத்தை அனுப்பி தங்கள் பெயரை பதிவு செய்துகொள்ளவும் , 60 முதல் 69 வரை ஷஷ்டியப்த , 70 முதல் 79 வரை பீமரத , 80 க்கு மேல் சாதாபிஷேக வைபவம் வைதீக முறைப்படி நடத்தப்படும் , நிகழ்ச்சி நிரல் பின்னர் அனுப்பி வைக்கபடும்
ஸ்ரீ வேதிக் ரவி
ஸ்ரீ புவனேஸ்வரி சாரிட்டபிள் ட்ரஸ்ட் , 12 கி ஆ பெ விசுவநாதம் தெரு , மாருதி நகர் ,இராஜகிழ்பாக்கம் ,சென்னை 600073
[email protected]

இரண்டாம் ஆண்டு ஸமஷ்டி ஷஷ்டியப்தபூர்த்தி , பீமரத சாந்தி , சதாபிஷேக வைபவம் சென்னையில் வரும் எப்ரல் 2019 நான்காவது வாரத்தில் நடைபெற எற்பாடு செய்யபட்டு வருகின்றது

Interesting. Very, very much so.

We have always had mass Aavani-avittam kaamo-karshi japam followed by deva-rishi-pithru tharppanam, mahaa-sankalppam, Ganga-snanam, vasthra dhaaranam, yagnopaveetha dhaaranam, kaandarishi tharppanam, Veda paaraayanam, kaandarishi homam, jayaathi homam, aacharya sambhaavanai.

Then followed mass amavaasai tharppanam, and other tharppanams such as chandra grahanam and surya grahanam.

Then mass Upanayanam.

We know that mass weddings are held in Japan and elsewhere. (The Internet says mass honeymoons and mass garbha-dhaarana samskaarams are also held in Japan and South Korea. Same among some primitive tribes in Africa video-taped by Caucasians and put on TV and the Internet).

Now the promoters advertise that it is proposed to have for the second time one grand mass shashti-abda-poorthi/bheemaratha shaanthi/sadaabhishegam rolled into one.

One wonders what is the purpose, what the validity, behind these mass events? Do shaasthric and/or Puraanic authorities exist? Do the celebrants actually perform the requisite homams themselves as wedded couples? Or do they simply authorise the "aachaaryas" to do it and remain as retired spectators?

Is it an encouraged exercise in expense-saving? Is it merely a matter of convenience, fhe argument being "either mass or none"?

Why not go one step further, let the aacharya do the whole "thing" in his own place, time and fashion (for a nominal fee), let him send back a video and prasaadam, and then the husband bravely tie the thirumaangalyam round the celebrant sumangali's neck at home pronouncing the following manthram:-

maangaLyam tantunaanaena mama jeevana haetunaa
kanttae badhnami shubakae tvam jeeva sharadam shatam ?

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

sir, no book is available. In shanthi kusumakaram uththara baagam in chapter 3 sowna kOktha ugra ratha shanthi vidhi is there it is just like beema ratha shanthi proceedure. Instead of beema mruthunjayar they are putting vijara rudhrar with manthram sthuhi shrutham---- aavaahanam. they are telling after having finished 77 years 7 months and 7 days vijaya ratha shanthi must be done.

Latest ads

Back