• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Punyavajanm and Santhi Homam procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
required materils list as enclosed
[h=4]
Name
Quantity
Turmeric powder
1/4 Lb
Kumkum
1 Packet
Sandalwood Powder
1 Packet
Incense Sticks
1 Packet
Camphor
1 Packet
Betel leaves and Nuts
10 + 10
Flowers
2 Bunches
Fruits
12 Bananas and other fruits
Coconuts
Rice
4 Lbs
Rice Paddy
1 Lb
Kalasa vastram
1 Towel or 2 Yds of fabric
Honey
1 Small bottle
Coins
[/h][h=4]Other Puja Materials from Home:[/h][h=4]

• Deepam ( Lamp ), Oil, Match Box, Cotton Wicks
  • Kalasam, Panchapatra and Udharini, Small trays 2 nos.
  • Big trays 2 nos., Small Cups 5 nos.
  • Asirvada New Dresses, Blankets 2 nos.
  • Paper Napkins and Paper Plates (sufficient quantity)
  • Aluminum Foil

the manthrams are first do Ganapathi pooja and then kalasa pooja and hiranya pavamana suktam japam then vasruna japam

[/h]
finaldy do hasrasthi and for santhi homam do navargaha homam then do poornahuthi and ashirvatham

Dear Mr Ranganathan

while it is important to understand the process, procedure and mantras, would recommend that you have this done through a learned vadyar.

Punyavachanam without varuna mantra+ pavamana suktam is not possible and similaraly for Navagraha Homam at the least you should know Navagraha suktam.

Learning these vedic mantras with correct svaram is next to impossible without a learned veda teacher.

Even if you do know the mantras, given the purpose of this puja better to get it done properly thru vadyar.

Please do not mistake my counsel. I have advised what I believe to be appropriate and I follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back