• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Being Vegetarian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Gopal ji,

Although to some extent I agree to your statement about Darwins theory of " Surivival of the Fittest " , a logical question that would rise is " While you have the choice of filling up your stomach's with the available abundant fruits and vegetables " and when you come from a pious family with principles , why is there a NEED to defy and go against such principles ????
While watching documentaries , to be fair enough , you should take into consideration the millions of people in the world who have turned back to vegetarianism !
And your comment ......
"All the rest about sin,evil,gore..etc about eating meat is a hallucination of the mind only.

If you feel so , anything and everything in this world can be categorised into a hallucination ! The disciplined life style of the human being has evolved based on LOGIC , FAITH , GENETIC EVOLUTION , CIRCUMSTANTIAL requirements , to name a few .

There are tons of human beings from the abrahamic faith who reach gods feet following their scriptures.I hope hindus especially indians refrain from having a convulted idea of non-veggies.To not kill means,even in mind,one should not kill,that is actual ahimsa,as explained in jain scriptures.Thank you!.
gopal.[/QUOTE]

Now again FAITH and CULTURAL PRACTICES are diversified and may be contradicting , we follow our faiths and they follow theirs ! .... A COCKTAIL will eventually pave the way of conflicting interest !

Last edited:
Let us forget about religion and faith. Global warming is the biggest threat facing the entire living creatures. Purely for saving `Mother Earth', we should promote vegetarianism.

Please read the following article

EarthSave International

My earnest request to all through this forum is `Turn Vegetarian' just to save mother earth.

எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

Last edited:
re

shree vijisesh,
Dear Gopal ji,

Although to some extent I agree to your statement about Darwins theory of " Surivival of the Fittest " , a logical question that would rise is " While you have the choice of filling up your stomach's with the available abundant fruits and vegetables " and when you come from a pious family with principles , why is there a NEED to defy and go against such principles ????

As you rightly put sir,its a choice,not a truth.I am 98% vegetarian and 2% i give discount to eating meat.So,technically i am a non-veggie sir.So,sorry.

While watching documentaries , to be fair enough , you should take into consideration the millions of people in the world who have turned back to vegetarianism !
And your comment ......
"All the rest about sin,evil,gore..etc about eating meat is a hallucination of the mind only.

If you feel so , anything and everything in this world can be categorised into a hallucination ! The disciplined life style of the human being has evolved based on LOGIC , FAITH , GENETIC EVOLUTION , CIRCUMSTANTIAL requirements , to name a few .

I have no arguments with your choice sir.To me,mind is a abstract construct which is very whimsical by nature.That which is borne of mind,is always a ssuspect in my mind,sometimes too.

There are tons of human beings from the abrahamic faith who reach gods feet following their scriptures.I hope hindus especially indians refrain from having a convulted idea of non-veggies.To not kill means,even in mind,one should not kill,that is actual ahimsa,as explained in jain scriptures.Thank you!.
gopal.

Now again FAITH and CULTURAL PRACTICES are diversified and may be contradicting , we follow our faiths and they follow theirs ! .... A COCKTAIL will eventually pave the way of conflicting interest !

Faith & cultural practices go hand in hand like a glove for a hand.There is no mine or their's, in religious truths.There is always one,but wee see it differently thru our myopic mind.Guru Ramana has always said see within to understand.So,i see within to see outside,and am feeling a sense of balance,which is unexpainable,for a man of such low intelectual capacity,in my perspective sir.Thank you!.

gopal.

To KRSji, Thankyou for the private message and only yesderday my BSNLBB was ready. My answer is this. In the creation every thing is a Athma, a small drop of the ocean of light. As for as the Births took pleace according ones Vasanas and Karmas.The Basic thing is NonKilling animals for food,Today we witnessed SUNAMI why it came, because of excess fishing using most modern fishing vessals.Olden days a Particular profassional community was Fishing in the sea and rivers, but today any one can put into fishing just investment. Nature was wonderful it itself will ajust accordinly.But the Human being is going against nature and do injustice to the nature. In the moderan day the sociaty was created the Law not by the Creator,so a judge givingsentences is justify today but who gave this permission,just passed some Law degree and says what he is duing is correct not at all, that why somany Courts and appeals. Come to the point the creator made 84lakes .Just emagin 1 year per birth 84 lak birth and deaths.Our saints that why teached us nonkilling or sacrifys etc. We have to answer for our action which we did in the world. with regards.s.r.k

To Krsji Konna Paavam Thinna Pocchu is like a butcher answer to a saint that the people come asked meat for eating so I am killing, but a customer said to the saint that the butcher kills sells so that I ambuying and eating, which is correct. s.r.k

To KRSji, Thankyou for the private message and only yesderday my BSNLBB was ready. My answer is this. In the creation every thing is a Athma, a small drop of the ocean of light. As for as the Births took pleace according ones Vasanas and Karmas.The Basic thing is NonKilling animals for food,Today we witnessed SUNAMI why it came, because of excess fishing using most modern fishing vessals.Olden days a Particular profassional community was Fishing in the sea and rivers, but today any one can put into fishing just investment. Nature was wonderful it itself will ajust accordinly.But the Human being is going against nature and do injustice to the nature. In the moderan day the sociaty was created the Law not by the Creator,so a judge givingsentences is justify today but who gave this permission,just passed some Law degree and says what he is duing is correct not at all, that why somany Courts and appeals. Come to the point the creator made 84lakes .Just emagin 1 year per birth 84 lak birth and deaths.Our saints that why teached us nonkilling or sacrifys etc. We have to answer for our action which we did in the world. with regards.s.r.k
Tsunami occurred due to undersea earthquake and not due to excessive fishing

Actually global warming is the cause and effect is Tsunami.The warming got accelerated when Sath Gurus got arrested and immediately natures way of reacting Tsunami blasted in India.Adharmam is doing tandavam worldover.Even more catastrophic natural disaster as well as man/woman made disaster will strike earth before july 29th 2029.Thank you.

gopal.

Dear Sri esarkey Ji,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

One of the problems with our interpretations of our scriptures is that while we have interpretations from the greatest of the souls, we also have somehow interpersed with interpretations made by the lowest of the souls, whose only interest was to preserve their own kin. We are a confused lot, who then do not understand the nature of things and extend some theory on to some weird and unnatural ways.

Take for example, killing of an animal for food. This has been, is and will be always a 'natural' act. It is dharmic to do so and anyone claiming otherwise is going against the nature of 'nature'. After all, the etemology of 'dharma' is 'dhir' or nature. I am sorry, but people who argue that killing for food is a 'sin' have no basis in fact.

Similarly, your explanation about justice is a bit confusing. Are you saying that because a justice delayed is justice denied is 'adharmic'? If this is your point, I agree.

Now, regarding Tsunami. Seems like, you do not understand the cause of it. It has nothing to do with 'increased fishing'. It is an underwater wave created by powerful underwater earthquake, which occur so often in our history all around the world. It has happened several times to our Tamil coasts as described in several of our Tamil literature works. Again, to connect some natural act as fishing to tsunami is superstitious and does not hold water.

If we keep on extrapolating like this, one would then say that the showing up of the H1Ni virus in this world is God's design for the pigs' revenge on human beings, because they are killed for food! In fact, both the Jews and the Muslims, whose religions originated in the Middle East and whose forefathers consumed pigs at one time expressly forbid eating the animal - mainly because as records show they have been infected with trichinosis - a particular deadly worm affecting humans by consuming improperly cooked meats, particularly pork.

There are many ways to justify being a vegetarian - not the ones you advance.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri Gopal Ji,

First of all, 'global warming' today is yet to be proved as not a cyclic event in Earth's history. Global warming is coneected to weather and flood phenomena. Tsunami is caused by earthquake, which happens when two earth plates which interlock suddently adjust their positions thus releiving the pent up pressure.

Where is the connection? This is the first time I am hearing that earthquakes are caused by 'global warming'! I guess 'global warming' will be described as the cause of terrorism soon (I am not being sarcastic, but the way some people look at this phenomenon with such a reverence, this could happen!)

Regards,
KRS

[B]Actually global warming is the cause and effect is Tsunami - Gopalswamy Shreedharan

Meat consumption increases global warming. Meat accounts for 20% of global warming where as Automobiles account only for 13% of global warming.

Dr.Pachauri, Nobel Prize Winner as well as United Nations report on global warming talks against meat consumption. First let us address the root causes of global warming.

எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

Last edited:
Dear Sri Venkatramani Ji,

When you say meat consumption increases global warming, I am assuming it is the methane produced by the cattle which are raised for slaughter. By the way, this methane is quite small compared to the methane trapped in tundra, marshes and the sea by mostly decaying vegetable matter, which are subject to periodic 'methane burps' that have been shown to be catastrophic to our atmosphere. Some even think that the dinosaurs might have been wiped out by a big burp!

What I do not understand is, since the vegetarian diet would depend on cattle for milk etc., would it not increase the methane in the atmosphere by keeping the animals alive for a longer time?

Dr. Pacchuri may be right, but I nowadays approach this subject of global warning with caution, as it is being used to support all sorts of ideology. And in this cacaphony, the truth gets blurred.

(By the way, I think vegetarianism is the healthy way to live, but is a personal matter).

Regards,
KRS

re

Dear Sri Gopal Ji,

First of all, 'global warming' today is yet to be proved as not a cyclic event in Earth's history. Global warming is coneected to weather and flood phenomena. Tsunami is caused by earthquake, which happens when two earth plates which interlock suddently adjust their positions thus releiving the pent up pressure.

Where is the connection? This is the first time I am hearing that earthquakes are caused by 'global warming'! I guess 'global warming' will be described as the cause of terrorism soon (I am not being sarcastic, but the way some people look at this phenomenon with such a reverence, this could happen!)

Regards,
KRS

Shree KRS,

Because of global warming,the ice in the tundra region is getting melted faster,increasing the volume of water in ocean beds,leading to shifting of plates.The lava which is dormant also has an escape route to create earthquakes more often than anticipated,therby the plates colliding,to create tsunamis,hurricanes,typhoons,tornadoes..The actual cause is adharma prevailing amongst human beings,who think they are better than gods,and losing all respectable behaviour to gods.So,vinaashanam is going to happen now.Thank you.

gopal.

Shree KRS,

Because of global warming,the ice in the tundra region is getting melted faster,increasing the volume of water in ocean beds,leading to shifting of plates.The lava which is dormant also has an escape route to create earthquakes more often than anticipated,therby the plates colliding,to create tsunamis,hurricanes,typhoons,tornadoes..The actual cause is adharma prevailing amongst human beings,who think they are better than gods,and losing all respectable behaviour to gods.So,vinaashanam is going to happen now.Thank you.

gopal.

This is the first time I have heard this theory espoused, and I follow this science quite a bit. Could you possible give some links to scientific journals on the topic? And could you also explain vinaashanam to me. I'm not that familiar with Sanskrit and Tamil.

Aum Namasivaya

Last edited:
Shree EM,

This is my theory and i do not publish scientific journals.Vinaashanam is destruction.Today,despite acknowledging there was no wmd in iraq,adharmic forces are imposing a rule of law,as envisaged in their alien lands,because shias-sunni lack unity amongst themselves.Might has become right,which is the start of cancerous growth is affluent societies.This is mainly non-vegetarians are ruling the world,and the brain has become tamo guni,leading to such calamity in life.Kill and you will be killed similiarly,if not this life,then definitely future lives-this is sathyam.Thank You.

gopal.

Vanakkam Gopalaswami:

Social change is needed, I agree. But it will not happen overnight. This is the kali yuga, after all. In my opinion, social change starts with the individual. So that means it is in the home. Father's must treat children and wives with respect, and vice versa. Then it slowly spreads, through example. In India, I met the happiest people I've ever met. It was quite striking actually. Despite knowing no Tamil, my smile seemed to bring out the best. Being a WASH (White Anglo Saxon Hindu) I believe the veeboothi, the veshti, the prostrating, the dakshina paying, and more was an example. It was just coincidentally, not my intention.

I find that because of the British years, and Christian degrading of our faith, our own self-esteem has been hindered. The way back is to stand proud as a Hindu, not to argue or get upset over the 'adharmic' ones. That's just anava capturing them.

Vegetarianism is on the increase in the west, BTW. So is the Hindu influence. I think there is a planetary shift from east to west, and west to east. Eastern souls in western bodies, and western souls in eastern bodies.

I remain optimistic. The end of the world conjecturing is fear-mongering by those stuck in black/white and good/bad philosophical systems.

Aum Namasivaya

Dear Sri Venkatramani Ji,

When you say meat consumption increases global warming, I am assuming it is the methane produced by the cattle which are raised for slaughter. By the way, this methane is quite small compared to the methane trapped in tundra, marshes and the sea by mostly decaying vegetable matter, which are subject to periodic 'methane burps' that have been shown to be catastrophic to our atmosphere. Some even think that the dinosaurs might have been wiped out by a big burp!

What I do not understand is, since the vegetarian diet would depend on cattle for milk etc., would it not increase the methane in the atmosphere by keeping the animals alive for a longer time?

Dr. Pacchuri may be right, but I nowadays approach this subject of global warning with caution, as it is being used to support all sorts of ideology. And in this cacaphony, the truth gets blurred.

(By the way, I think vegetarianism is the healthy way to live, but is a personal matter).

Regards,
KRS

In countries like India, we offer mostly residues for the cattle feed. Paddy Straw, residual oil cakes, residual cotton seeds etc.

Where as in the Western world, cattle breeding is done mainly for `meat production and consumption'. Mostly food grains and cereals are offered as food to the cattle. The consumption of food grains and cereals by the cattle is almost three times of the human consumption. This results in shortage of food grains and cereals in the global market resulting in price increases. Secondly production of food grains and cereals requires fertiliser, pesticides etc, production of which results in global warming. It is a cyclical effect originated by meat consumption.

I earnestly feel a simple life with minimum needs reduces global warming and a luxurious life increases global warming.

This Dark Plane

:fish2:to KRSji:An article published by RSSB spiritual link Aug09.

The saints and perfect Masters say that this world is an extremely dark plane or region compared with the beautiful spritual regions above and beyond it. They say over and over again that the entire physical universe is enshrouded in darkness.

Consider the world that lies before you in all its diversity and richness from a viewpoint that up to this time you may have never entertained. AIt is divided into land and water. First let us examine the plight of those that live in the watery realm. We see that the ocean is teeming with life. And, what is the food that the ocean's inhabitants eat? Living creatures only. They prey n one another. The big fish eat the small ones, while the latter live on may different kinds of tiny marine organisms.

Now let us turn to the land. There you find tigers devoting jackals and wolves, and the later feeding on sheep and goats. These, in turn, subsist on plants. The falcon kills and eats the sparrow; the smaller birds eat worms and insects. In short, all creatures destroy and devour one another. Life truly lives on life.

To a picture there are two sides. The front is colourful and nice to look, at but when you see its back, you find nothing but paper and cardboard. Similarly, when you see people eating, drinking and enjoying the various sensual pleasures, you believe them to be happy. But just change your point of view and see them when they are crying out in anguish, weeping and lamenting, and being driven to meet their doom, ever striving, never achieving. Unhappiness and disappointment spread their sable wings over the world, frustrating everyone's plans, ambitions and hopes.

This line of thought is regarded by some an argument in favour of eating meat, for why should that be a sin, they ask, when there is no other means of subsistence than that of devouring other living creatures?

To this the saints make the following reply: The amount of sinful karma that one generates by eating depends upon the nature of the living creatures that one destroys and their position in the scheme of creation.

The smallest amount of karma, therefore, is gathered by eating vegetables. SRK.

Dear Sri esarkey Ji,

If you do not mind me saying so, the above article you have posted is the most confused one I have read. Sir, this world is not a 'dark' one. I disagree with the author with his description of this world at the outset. Darkness is in one's mind, nowhere else, as this loka is also His creation.

Now to seperate the nature's design - where killing other animals for food, where the predator's are equipped to kill, eat and digest, which is also His creation - as something 'unnatural' is not at all valid. In fact, this is totally nonsense.

Our religion does not forbid eating meat. In fact, in some of our Yajnas, offering animals to the Gods and then partaking in consuming the animals' meat are quite well illustrated.

So, what is 'natural' in nature can not be sinful. Killing an animal for food is never a sin, in fact it is akin to performing a Yajna. I do not think that any 'karma' is attached to eating food that is legal.

As I said before, there are many reasons for not eating meat on a personal level, but we do not need to make it a sinful activity for the majority of people living on earth. This type of argument will only act as an inducement for many people not to give up meat.

For vegetarians like us, meat consumption is abhorrent and even the smell of cooking meat make us nauseous. But that does not give us the right to say that the practice is immoral or not sanctioned by God. We should never forget that food is a very important part of all cultures. Like we have our traditions around vegetarian food, most other cultures have theirs around non vegetarian food.

This is why we need to look at it as a personal choice based on one's own taste/convictions/habits/family etc.

Regards,
KRS

If you do not mind my interlude:

Dear Sri esarkey Ji,

If you do not mind me saying so, the above article you have posted is the most confused one I have read. Sir, this world is not a 'dark' one. I disagree with the author with his description of this world at the outset. Darkness is in one's mind, nowhere else, as this loka is also His creation.

There are two sides to a coin; it depends on how one looks at it. As you say, it is in the mind. The article by srk shows the other view i.e., from the eyes of those creatures that are eaten albeit a way of nature.

Now to seperate the nature's design - where killing other animals for food, where the predator's are equipped to kill, eat and digest, which is also His creation - as something 'unnatural' is not at all valid. In fact, this is totally nonsense.

Our religion does not forbid eating meat. In fact, in some of our Yajnas, offering animals to the Gods and then partaking in consuming the animals' meat are quite well illustrated.

Sacrificial offerring cannot be equated to mean mass cultivation and killing of animals to satisfy the tongue. Have we not heard of the adage - Better to sacrifice a city for a country, a village for a city, a family for a village, a person for a family? The sacrificial offerings are to be understood in this sense.

So, what is 'natural' in nature can not be sinful. Killing an animal for food is never a sin, in fact it is akin to performing a Yajna. I do not think that any 'karma' is attached to eating food that is legal.

Definitely there is. If it does not, then pray, what is karma and its effects, of use here? Are the other beings so insignificant that the scope of karma is restricted to only amongst humans? What is 'natural' changes with the refineness of the mind. And when it changes, the benchmark is the highest form of 'naturalness'; and that certainly does not involve killing other beings for food. With due respect, equating the killing of animals for carnal pleasure to that of a yagyna is one preposterous comparison.

Yagyna means yaja deva pooyayam i.e, Deva pooja is yagyna.

Wherever there are settlements, there exists five types of sins arising from places ( like the kitchen, the place where the sweeps are kept, grinding area, the area where lamps are lit, and the area where water flows) due to the germs & other living beings being destroyed. to nullify this we do the pancha maha yagams. So you see, everything counts.

As I said before, there are many reasons for not eating meat on a personal level, but we do not need to make it a sinful activity for the majority of people living on earth. This type of argument will only act as an inducement for many people not to give up meat.

For vegetarians like us, meat consumption is abhorrent and even the smell of cooking meat make us nauseous. But that does not give us the right to say that the practice is immoral or not sanctioned by God. We should never forget that food is a very important part of all cultures. Like we have our traditions around vegetarian food, most other cultures have theirs around non vegetarian food.

This is why we need to look at it as a personal choice based on one's own taste/convictions/habits/family etc.

It is for the individual to act as he desires, for he alone bears the fruit of his actions. Yes, there is no compulsion, but vegetarianism is definitely a better way of life.

By saying this or accepting this, it does not infer that some other culture is degraded. After all it is but a matter of karma!

Regards,
KRS

Dear sapthajihva ji,

I can see the immense fire burning and i shall try and use it for a barbecue !( of capsicum and vegetables !)

Having gone through the following except in your msg , i have a query bothering me !

Wherever there are settlements, there exists five types of sins arising from places ( like the kitchen, the place where the sweeps are kept, grinding area, the area where lamps are lit, and the area where water flows) due to the germs & other living beings being destroyed. to nullify this we do the pancha maha yagams. So you see, everything counts.

If the good GOD is responsible for the creation of the tiny microbes to a mighty dinosaur and has himself provided an instinct / eating habit for the animals to be herbi / carni vorous , then why will he punish you when you eat them !

Similarly why would the great GOD not avoid human digestive system from accepting meat or chicken 65.5 ( 0.5 extra from my side !) , if it is a sin ?? ( as mentioned by quite a few in this forum !)

If killing an ant is going to be a sin then why should GOD create so many ants and make them marshall in the areas where my foot walks ????

Does he really want me to commit a sin ?? Come on! To what extent can I go to save these creatures ?? They kill insects and small creatures using pesticides even in the agricultural fields ? Is there any yagams for that also ??

If so I will end up doing yagams and pashyathams , much more during the day , rather than eating my food !

The bottom line is :

Darwins theory holds good for generations to come ! Survival of the Fittest , may it be in the food chain or at work , it works effectively in POLITICS !

Dear Sri sapthajihva Ji,
My response is in 'in this colour':

Dear Sri esarkey Ji,

There are two sides to a coin; it depends on how one looks at it. As you say, it is in the mind. The article by srk shows the other view i.e., from the eyes of those creatures that are eaten albeit a way of nature.
Sir, in the food chain, getting killed is natural. From your logic, if we extend it, then every time you eat any food, including vegetarian, we accrue karma. Vegetables and plants have been scientifically known to have 'lefe' and 'feelings' too. Just because we do not see their 'hurt' does not mean they do not feel it. I propose such an extending of karma to everything that happens in the world is a man made artificial thinking, based on the human's capacity for empathy. It is a noble feeling, but unfortunately has nothing to do with accruing karma.

Sacrificial offerring cannot be equated to mean mass cultivation and killing of animals to satisfy the tongue. Have we not heard of the adage - Better to sacrifice a city for a country, a village for a city, a family for a village, a person for a family? The sacrificial offerings are to be understood in this sense.
Sir, first of all, eating meat is not to just to 'satisfy the tongue'. Only a vegetarian who sees food just for bare subsistence would talk like this. Since God has designed us to eat both vegetarian and meat, killing animals to eat is as natural as they come. There is no basis for this 'morality' in any of our scriptures. Isn't eating is like offering foods to the gods everyday? Why do we say prayers, when we start eating? Every culture has this practice. This is where 'the sin of killing is washed away when we eat' comes in. 'sacrifice' is not confined to one specific day - it occurs all the time in our lives.

Definitely there is. If it does not, then pray, what is karma and its effects, of use here? Are the other beings so insignificant that the scope of karma is restricted to only amongst humans? What is 'natural' changes with the refineness of the mind. And when it changes, the benchmark is the highest form of 'naturalness'; and that certainly does not involve killing other beings for food. With due respect, equating the killing of animals for carnal pleasure to that of a yagyna is one preposterous comparison.
When a judge sends a person to death row, does he accumulate any karma? When a butcher kills an animal does he accumulate any karma? Any killing does not accrue karma and this is the central focus of Maha Bharatha. What is natural never changes with the refineness of mind. This wrong thinking springs out of the belief, any killing, even for food is a sin. 'Carnal pleasure' is also the part of a human being's existence. Why should it not be compared to yagyna? Your problem is you are connecting a natural act that you do not believe in and projecting a moral code to it, without any sanctions from scriptures. Cite me a passage from any of our scriptures where it says that it is bad karma to kill an animal for food?

Yagyna means yaja deva pooyayam i.e, Deva pooja is yagyna.

This is as ridiculous as they come - please cite the source, especially where it says that the prayachitham is to do pancha maha yagam. This may come from Jainism, but not from Hinduism.

It is for the individual to act as he desires, for he alone bears the fruit of his actions. Yes, there is no compulsion, but vegetarianism is definitely a better way of life.
I agree in terms of health, vegetarianism is generally better if consumed with care. I do not agree that it is a sin to kill and eat meat. This has nothing to do with human refinement and civilization. Consuming meat is in our heritage as human beings as God made us. Saying that it is a sin to eat meat is spurious nonsense.

By saying this or accepting this, it does not infer that some other culture is degraded. After all it is but a matter of karma!
Yes, but implicit is your assumption is that meat eaters are accruing bad karma - this definitely leads to a person like yourself's sub conscious feeling that they are not 'refined' and hence inferior. Same way we have treated the untouchables in our religion, based on this untenable, non sanctioned, weird karmic theory, that is against nature.

Regards,
KRS

Regards,
KRS

Sapthajiva is right, because, if we agree on killing for food, then Karma becomes a flawed theory.

Dear Sri Singleliner,

Pray tell how it becomes a flawed theory? Please answer my questions above about a Judge and a Butcher in terms of accrual of Karma.

Regards,
KRS

Judge sentencing is noting but maintaining 'Dharma' where as butcher killing for food, he has to pay for his karma, and thats what our hinduism says.

Dear Sri Singleliner,

Can you show me where exactly in our scriptures it says that a butcher accrues by doing his profession with dedication to God?

Do you know the story of Viswamitra and the butcher, who along with a house wife taught him about how to attain moksha?

The principle of vegetarianism and ahimsa has so penetrated our minds in Hinduism, we forget what is ntural living anymore. We bring one selective personal choice to all the world, without any basis. Aggression that is needed for survival, be it eating meat on a natural predatory basis, or be it defending oneself from an attacker becomes a 'moral' question.

By the way, meat eating is expressly allowed for all other Varnas except for Brahmins. The only repercussion of eating meat is not on the killing part to eat - it is in the effect of such a food on one's mind - it increases the Rajasic qualities in a person who is seeking a spiritual path. This is why vegetarian diet is preferred.

Regards,
KRS

Judge sentencing is noting but maintaining 'Dharma' where as butcher killing for food, he has to pay for his karma, and thats what our hinduism says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back