• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bahubali 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! Anushka can NOT be in this size, in Bahubali 2! :nono:

Photo courtesy: Google images

11892228_1013578161997675_3501441798257989216_n.jpg

This is what is called gender bias. You want hero to be six pack and heroine is ok even if she is fat...:lol::lol:

Ganesh Ji,

There is absolutely no gender bias.

One may talk and write about their own taste.

But look at the ground reality

It is only the fabulously fat Heroines that Tamil Film Fans love … it is the little extra luggage that matters.

1) Savithri
2) Banumathi
3) Devika..
4) Sowcar Janaki
5) Saroja Devi..etc and now

6) Kushboo
7) Roja
8) Meena
9) Nagma
10) Ramba,
11) Hansika Motwani, etc

This is about past as well as present.

Both yourself and myself don’t know what will be fans’ taste of tomorrow..lol

Want to see more .....visit the following link:
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-4/fat-heroines/rambha.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Ganesh Ji,

There is absolutely no gender bias.

One may talk and write about their own taste.

But look at the ground reality

It is only the fabulously fat Heroines that Tamil Film Fans love … it is the extra luggage that matters.

1) Savithri
2) Banumathi
3) Devika..
4) Sowcar Janaki
5) Saroja Devi..etc and now

6) Kushboo
7) Roja
8) Meena
9) Nagma
10) Ramba,
11) Hansika Motwani, etc

This is about past as well as present.

Both yourself and myself don’t know what will be fans’ taste of tomorrow..lol

Want to see more .....visit the following link:
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-4/fat-heroines/rambha.html
Yes! I think you have a point there, Bala ji..

This is what is called gender bias. You want hero to be six pack and heroine is ok even if she is fat...:lol::lol:

Its not that..I dont want to be seen as finding fault with an actress and only praising males.

There are very few people who can look beautiful both fat and thin.

Anushka looks good both fat and thin but Aishwarya Rai only looks good slim..when she was fat after childbirth she didnt look nice at all.

There is one actor who looks good only fat and thats Actor Prabhu.
His cute baby type of face wont look good thin.

Prabas and Rana look like Gods..let them remain 6 pack muscular forever
Deergha 6 pack bhava.

Dear RR ji..she wore some padding to look fatter.
Dear Renu.

Should be, because no actress can afford to become THIS fat! ;)

Saroja Devi was supposed to have used 'back pads' to get a good shape! :thumb:

And...... most of the mAmAs were drooling to see 'that' Saroja Devi aka 'Abhinaya Saraswathi'!! :love:

Mamas do have fair knowledge that all that glitters is not gold.

Similarly all that attracts/glamorous are not real...

Extraordinary make up like use of pads, etc is only for those who are normal looking and not for those who are already beautiful.

But some of the Mamis do spend many hours before the dressing table and finally come out with an ugly appearance.

While God has already created them with more natural beauty, why they go all out for extraordinary artificial ‘make up’ with dressing table loaded more and more creams, lotions, oils, lip stick, eye-liners, mascara, powder, brushes, sprays, etc

One can understand now as to why men are judged by their action, while most women are judged by their appearance. lol

Dear Renu,

The best light moment I enjoyed in Bahubali 2 is the scene in which Kattappa wants to make a nice 'curry' of the loving parrots. :D

The best serious moment I liked: A. Bahu chops off the head of the molester with one swish of his sword; we see a line of blood

on the victims neck; after 2 seconds, the body falls down and head rolls off - Perfect cut!! :thumb:

BTW, M. Bahu is NOT a trained warrior and so when he chops off Bhadra's head ( in Bahubali 1 ), it flies to a far off place!
Nice e direction. :clap2:

Dear Renu,

The best light moment I enjoyed in Bahubali 2 is the scene in which Kattappa wants to make a nice 'curry' of the loving parrots. :D

The best serious moment I liked: A. Bahu chops off the head of the molester with one swish of his sword; we see a line of blood

on the victims neck; after 2 seconds, the body falls down and head rolls off - Perfect cut!! :thumb:

BTW, M. Bahu is NOT a trained warrior and so when he chops off Bhadra's head ( in Bahubali 1 ), it flies to a far off place!
Nice e direction. :clap2:

My favorite moments was the romance scenes..I think there could have been a kiss shared on screen between
Prabhas and Anushka in the song sequence..sure seemed a kiss could have been there but out here kissing scenes in Tamil movies are censored by censor board Msia...so no chance to see kissing on big screen.

Now it is going to be Sangamitra....

Will it excel Baahubali 2....?

It is good to see that South Indian producers are busy in trying to produce movies of International standard.....

[h=1]Forget Baahubali, 2.0, Sangamithra to be India’s most expensive film[/h][h=2]Sangamithra is expected to surpass the budget of 2.0 and Baahubali[/h]
Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/en...thra-to-be-india-most-expensive-film-4449933/

1. Sangamithra
A Tamil epic drama starring Shruti Haasan, made within the budget of 250-crores, Sanghamitra is a story of Ashoka’s eldest daughter with his first wife. The movie is all about the betrayal, bravery and love, Sanghamitra faced in her lifetime. With such a huge budget, Sanghamitra is said to be competing with Baahubali, which has been largely appreciated for its storyline and VFX. The movie will be released in two parts, out of which, one is predicted to release by the end of 2018.

Source: https://www.movified.com/these-indi...tival-to-promote-their-movies-and-not-fashion

sangamithra_h_2017.jpg

sangamithra_149545469610.jpg

Now it is going to be Sangamitra....

Will it excel Baahubali 2....?

It is good to see that South Indian producers are busy in trying to produce movies of International standard.....

[h=1]Forget Baahubali, 2.0, Sangamithra to be India’s most expensive film[/h][h=2]Sangamithra is expected to surpass the budget of 2.0 and Baahubali[/h]
Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/en...thra-to-be-india-most-expensive-film-4449933/

1. Sangamithra
A Tamil epic drama starring Shruti Haasan, made within the budget of 250-crores, Sanghamitra is a story of Ashoka’s eldest daughter with his first wife. The movie is all about the betrayal, bravery and love, Sanghamitra faced in her lifetime. With such a huge budget, Sanghamitra is said to be competing with Baahubali, which has been largely appreciated for its storyline and VFX. The movie will be released in two parts, out of which, one is predicted to release by the end of 2018.

Source: https://www.movified.com/these-indi...tival-to-promote-their-movies-and-not-fashion

sangamithra_h_2017.jpg

sangamithra_149545469610.jpg

Its a huge risk to make a heroine the anchor of the movie that too Shruti Hassan has not really left an impact in the acting department.

Usually its still very much a man's world to shoulder the success or failure of a movie and a heroine usually is eye candy or having a supporting role to hero.

If I were a producer director..I wont take such huge risks that too right after Bahubali..comparison would be too much to handle and Prabhas and Rana are top stars..unlike Shruti Hassan who has not left a mark anywhere either in South or North.

HUGE RISK!

Shruti Hassan, Jayam Ravi and Arya can never equal Anushka, Prabhas and Rana! :nono:

Reminds the adage: kAna mayil Adak kaNdirundha vAnkOzhi ............. ;)

Its a huge risk to make a heroine the anchor of the movie that too Shruti Hassan has not really left an impact in the acting department.

Usually its still very much a man's world to shoulder the success or failure of a movie and a heroine usually is eye candy or having a supporting role to hero.

If I were a producer director..I wont take such huge risks that too right after Bahubali..comparison would be too much to handle and Prabhas and Rana are top stars..unlike Shruti Hassan who has not left a mark anywhere either in South or North.

HUGE RISK!

Can't agree. Prior to Bahubali 1 Prabhas and Rana were not much popular outside Telugu film world. When Quayamat se Quyamat tak was released, Aamir and Juhi were not at all known, still the film proved to be greatest hit of their times. There number of examples where new faces have made films super hits. I think apart from faces, there are many more factors which can pull people to the movie halls. If Sangamithra can offer that I don't think why it should be seen as a risk.

Dear Ganesh Sir,

We have seen many movies acted (??) by Shruti Hassan. She can't make an impact as a princess! :nono:

And Ravi and Arya can't impress like Prabhas and Rana. :nod:

Bahubali 2 is considered better than its first part only because of the glamour of Anushka and the story line.

It reveals why Kattappa is 'made' to kill Amarendra and the audience were eagerly waiting for this answer! :)

Dear Ganesh Sir,

We have seen many movies acted (??) by Shruti Hassan. She can't make an impact as a princess! :nono:

And Ravi and Arya can't impress like Prabhas and Rana. :nod:
I think 50% credits for on screen looks goes to the makeup man. I never thought Tamanna will look that good at the role played by her in Bahu-1. Her tramsformation from a normal sterio typed feel good, look good heroine to a warrior girl type of a character is something exceptional. All credits to the make up man, script writer and the director. If Tamanna can do it, why can't Shruti.. After all, she is Kaml's blood..புலிக்கு பிறந்தது பூனையாகுமா?

Can't agree. Prior to Bahubali 1 Prabhas and Rana were not much popular outside Telugu film world. When Quayamat se Quyamat tak was released, Aamir and Juhi were not at all known, still the film proved to be greatest hit of their times. There number of examples where new faces have made films super hits. I think apart from faces, there are many more factors which can pull people to the movie halls. If Sangamithra can offer that I don't think why it should be seen as a risk.

Its a risk becos comparison would be high.

Arya and Jayam Ravi are both handsome too.
Arya is a good actor but Jayam Ravi isnt that great an actor..he is more a romantic hero sorts and his voice isnt good...they should dub his voice.

Shruti Hassan is beautiful but acting talent not too impressive.

Timing of movie too is wrong..why make such a movie right after Bahubali?

Asking for trouble.
Audience still love a hero to take lead..even in Bahubali 2..despite Anushka being a capable warrior herself..she does submit finally and needs to be rescued.

Its normal to want this in movies..I too like to see a princess strong but has a vulnerable side for Prince to save her.

In other words..we woman want to see Alpha male in action and not Alpha female a.k.a amazonian!!LOL

Can't agree. Prior toBahubali 1 Prabhas and Rana were not much popular outside Telugu film world.When Quayamat se Quyamat tak was released, Aamir and Juhi were not at allknown, still the film proved to be greatest hit of their times. There number ofexamples where new faces have made films super hits. I think apart from faces,there are many more factors which can pull people to the movie halls. IfSangamithra can offer that I don't think why it should be seen as arisk.

I think 50% credits for on screen looks goes to the makeup man. I never thought Tamanna will look that good at the role played by her in Bahu-1. Her tramsformation from a normal sterio typed feel good, look good heroine to a warrior girl type of a character is something exceptional. All credits to the make up man, script writer and the director. If Tamanna can do it, why can't Shruti.. After all, she is Kaml's blood..புலிக்கு பிறந்தது பூனையாகுமா?

Ganesh Ji,

I agree with you.

The first point is both Prabhas and Rana are not household names before release of Baahubali 1 & 2,

Similarly credit for success of these two films don't go entirely to both these Actors

There are lot of other factors as you have mentioned, direction, locations, costumes, dialogues, story weight, fighting scenes, romance, popularity of heroine, etc etc

Similarly one cannot under estimate Sangamitra

The producers are definitely not new to the cine field

They read the pulse of fans and conceive better ideas to attract their minds.

There are formulas...

And there are financiars and producers willing to take risk

And above all, taking no risk in business is also a risk.lol

They know the market trend, they try to bring out the best ... they know that everyone has a hidden talent...

Today's super stars and super heroes are none else than yesterdays heroes.

It is director who produce movies with extravaganza and it is a healthy competition for survival in the industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
..... Timing of movie too is wrong..why make such a movie right after Bahubali? .......
Dear Renu,

The problem with Tamil movie makers is their 'copy cat' behaviour! :)
When 'kAdhal kOttai' was a success, many movies with titles starting with 'kAdhal' followed! :flock:

Dear Renu,

The problem with Tamil movie makers is their 'copy cat' behaviour! :)
When 'kAdhal kOttai' was a success, many movies with titles starting with 'kAdhal' followed! :flock:

Dear RR ji...I have already learnt the Sahore Bahubali songLOL

Keep singing it..I think I might go nuts soon.

Ganesh Ji,

I agree with you.

The first point is both Prabhas and Rana are not household names before release of Baahubali 1 & 2,

Similarly credit for success of these two films don't go entirely to both these Actors

There are lot of other factors as you have mentioned, direction, locations, costumes, dialogues, story weight, fighting scenes, romance, popularity of heroine, etc etc

Similarly one cannot under estimate Sangamitra

The producers are definitely not new to the cine field

They read the pulse of fans and conceive better ideas to attract their minds.

There are formulas...

And there are financiars and producers willing to take risk

And above all, taking no risk in business is also a risk.lol

They know the market trend, they try to bring out the best ... they know that everyone has a hidden talent...

Today's super stars and super heroes are none else than yesterdays heroes.

It is director who produce movies with extravaganza and it is a healthy competition for survival in the industry.

Prabhas and Rana were well known heroes in Telugu movie circuit..otherwise no one takes huge risks with unknown faces.

Prabhas and Rana were well known heroes in Telugu movie circuit..otherwise no one takes huge risks with unknown faces.

May be in Telugu....

But the Movie was released in four languages..

What about other areas except Telugu circle...?

It is money .. huge money involved... it is nothing but risk..

May be in Telugu....

But the Movie was released in four languages..

What about other areas except Telugu circle...?

It is money .. huge money involved... it is nothing but risk..

Yes it has risk but its a bigger risk to venture into another magnum opus just right after a huge succesful movie that too main lead is a heroine.

Cinema goers want to see a male in lead and female as supporting role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back