• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Avadhuta Gita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanza 37

The yogi attains that eternal Supreme atman whether he is self a restrained ascetic or not,whether he possesses much wealth or not,whether he is active or inactive.

Stanza 38

The yogi attains that eternal Supreme Atman which is not the body,senses,mind,intellect or ego.Neither is it the 5 uncompounded elements nor the 5 gross elements nor of the nature of space.

Stanza 39

When the yogi attains that Supreme Atman,he transcends the injunctions and prohibitions of the scriptures.There is no idea of purity or impurity nor can any evil thought arise in the undifferentiated mind of the yogi.Anything forbidden to others is permissible to him because he is beyond all rules.

Stanza 40

The mind is unable to grasp Brahman and speech is unable to express It--what to speak of the instruction of the guru.Indeed Brahman is entirely revealed unto him who has assimilated the instruction of the guru who declared that Truth.

End of Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Stanza 1

The division of merit and demerit is completely absent in Brahman.Brahman is pure,unmanifested and devoid of passion and dispassion.How can I worship that infinite Supreme Beatitude,which is neither with with attributes nor without attributes and is all pervading and omnipresent?

Stanza 2

The Supreme Beautitude is eternal and devoid of colors such as white,red and black.Truly It is both cause and effect.I am indeed that Brahman which is free from diversity.O dear friend,how can I the Self salute the Self ?

Stanza 3

I am uncreated and seperate from creation for I am ever present.I am unclouded and free from the cloud of maya for I am always manifest.I do not borrow light from another light and I am also seperate from the luminous objects for I am Self-luminous.
I am Existence- Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 4

Truly how can I say that Brahman has desire or that It is desireless? How can I say whether It is attached or unattached?How can I say that It is unreal or that It is devoid of substance?I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boudless as space.

Stanza 5

How can I say whether Brahman is nondual or dual in Its nature? How can I say whether It is eternal or noneternal? I am Existence- Knowledge- Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 6

Brahman is neither gross nor subtle. Neither does It appear nor disappear.It is without begining,middle and end.There is no higher or lower in Brahman.Indeed I am proclaiming the Truth--the Ultimate Reality.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 7

Know it for certain that the sense organs and the sense objects are like clouds in the sky.Realize the Shining One as neither bound nor free.I am Existence -Knowledge- Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 8

O dear one,I am neither inscrutable nor inaccessible to the intellect.I am neither imperceptible nor inaccessible to perception.I am neither near nor impenetrable to sight.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and and boundless as space.

Dear all,

I left my Avadhuta Gita at home...so cant type the stanzas today...
i will type it when i go home at night...
sorry for the delay ....

renu

Stanza 9

I am that fire of knowledge which consumes all actions of the actionless Atman.I am that fire of knowledge which destroys all sorrows of the sorrowless Atman.i am that fire of knowledge which burn up all bodies of the bodiless Atman..I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 10

I am that fire of knowledge which wipes out all sins of the sinless Atman.I am that fire of knowledge which destroys all attributes of the attributesless Atman.I am that fire of knowledge which annihilates all bonds of the unbound Atman.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 11

O my dear, I am neither free from thought nor am I with thought.I am neither seperated nor am I united. I am neither without mind nor do i have a mind.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 12

In my Self,there are no such alternatives as delusion,grief or lack of grief,greed or lack of greed.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 13

I am never bound by the creeper of continoous birth and death.Neither the immense joy of contentment nor the bondage of ignorance are in me.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 14

The perpetuation of the world is the modification of rajas and not of me.The series of suffering is the modification of tamas and not of me.
Happiness is the modification of Sattva and not of me.I am the Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 15

I never performed any action which could generate anguish and misery.I never had a mind which could function by the contact of pain and pleasure.I have no source of ego in me.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 16

Both stillness and vibration,doubt and determination,end in Brahman.Both waking and dreaming states,good and evil,terminate in Brahman.Both strenghth and weakness,mobility and immobility dissolve in Brahman.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 17

Brahman is neither the knower nor the knowable.It is beyond speculation and logical reasoning.It is beyond the cognizance of speech,mind and intellect.Then how can I tell you about Brahman--the Ultimate Reality ? I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 18

Brahman is neither undivided nor divided.Indeed,It has no inside or outside.Brahman is not something which originated in the past and subsequently will cease to exist.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 19

Truly I am Brahman,free from passion,jealousy,hatred and the rest.I am that Reality devoid of sufferings caused by physical,terrestrial and supernatural agencies.I am that Truth untouched by grief and misery of the world. I am Existence-Knowledge_Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 20

How can there be the Fourth state when there are not three states in Brahman?
How can be four cardinal points of space exist without the threefold division of time?
Truly,Brahman is the supreme abode of peace.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 21

In my Self,again,there are no such divisions as long or short,broad or narrow,circular or angular.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 22

I have neither mother nor father nor children.I have neither birth nor death nor desire.Truly the Supreme Reality is unshakable and tranquil.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 23

Brahman is effulgent,absolutely pure,infinite and beyond intellect.It is unwise to think of the infinite Brahman as unpolluted or polluted,undivided or divided.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 24

If the Supreme Reality is selfsame and absolutely pure..how can there be so many gods such as Brahma,Vishnu and Shiva or so many abodes such as Brahmaloka,heaven and earth?
I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 25

How can i say that the Supreme Reality is not this or not that,that It is endless or has an end or that It is bodiless or has a body?I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 26
Though actionless,I am ever engaged in the highest activity.Being unattached,I enjoy the bliss of nonattachment.Being bodiless,i enjoy the happiness of bodilessness.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 27

The beautiful creation of maya does not cause any change in my Self.Neither crookedness and deceit nor truth and untruth can produce any effect on me.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 28

Although I am beyond such time divisions as evening and morning,still I am never absent.Although I am without differentiated knowledge,yet I am not deaf or dumb.As I am free from ignorance,I do not need purification of the mind.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 29

I have no master nor am I a master;therefore I am free from perplexity.I have transcended the mind;it has ceased to function and therefore I have no perplexity.Know it for certain that all dualities have ceased for me;therefore I have no perplexity.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 30

How can I say Brahman is like a forest or a temple?How can I declare that Brahman is proven or doubtful?Truly,Its all pervading,unaffected and motionless.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 31

Being devoid of matter and life,Brahman shines forever.Being without origin and seed,It exist forever.Being neither free nor bound,Brhaman shines forever.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 32

Without origin,Brahman shines forever.Without phenomenal existence,It radiates forever.Without being destroyed,It exists forever.

Stanza 33

O Self,You do not have any name or form,even to the extent of mere allusion.There is no substance which is different or nondifferent from You.Why then,O shameless mind,are you grieving? I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 34

Why do you weep,my friend?
For you there is neither decrepitude nor death;
For you there is neither birth nor misery.
For you there is no disease or modification.

Stanza 35

You have no form nor are you deformed.
There is no aging for you.

Stanza 36

Why do you weep my friend?
You have no physical or mental organism.
Why do you weep my friend?
You do not have any sense organs.
I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space

*when i read this stanzas..i(renu) cant help adding a line of humour here...

How can you weep my friend? You do not have any tear glands....

Just to add some humour..

I am sure Dattatreya wont mind..after all He is Sat-Chit-Ananda....

Last edited:
Stanza 37

You have no lust or greed.
You have no delusion.
I am Exitence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Stanza 38

How can you desire sovereignty when you have no wealth?Why are you seeking wealth when you have no wife.As you have no sense of ownership,what will you do with the wealth?

Stanza 39

The creation of the subtle and gross universe is neither for you nor for me.The shameless mind created the idea of diversity.There is neither unity nor diversity for you and for me.

Stanza 40

Indeed there is not an iota of attachment or detachment in your real nature.Truly you have not the slightest form of desire.I am Existence-Knowledge-Bliss and boundless as space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back