• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

'Athu pazhakam, ooru pazhakam'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Sir,

Happy to see someone from Mannargudi - Needamangalam.
My dad's ooru is Mannargudi and our kula deivam is "Sri Sharma Sastha" at Perambur village near Needamangalam.
We used to visit the temple every year.
Almost all the points u have listed were even followed at my home too!!!

Thanks,
Sabie.

I have some interesting Aathu Pazhakkams(family Codes).We are from Thanjavur Dist and belong to Mannargudi-Needamangalam side.Some of the things I have mentioned are almost 70,80 yrs old.I was just talking to my mother (93) and she enthusiastically remembered many of them,
Any way have fun...Looks like Ten Commandments..I have many more..perhaps later.

1.You should not ask what to cook-you should always ask what Neivedhyam for Gopalan today?
2.whenever you go out and come, legs/hands should be thoroughly washed.Normally there will be a water tap or well to suit this.
3.Never Drink water/beverages in standing posture-it is equal to drinking kallu(toddy)
4.The Tumbler should at no cost touch the lip.(Ecchal is forbidden)
5.The ladies and youngsters will always either stand or squat on the floor when the elders are there.
6.The first offering of food after Neivedhyam is to the crows and the left over food at night to dogs.
7.Ladies should not talk LOUD.
8.Death enquiries should not be done on Mondays(I dont know why,but I do follow)
9.If you have to leave the town on a day not very auspicious you should do Parasthanam at a good time and leave from there.
10.No return to your place on 9th day if you happen to go out..if it happens you have to sleep at some other place on that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back