• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Astrology predictions - how accurate are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
re

Dear Sir, I wish you just reproduced this one pasuram instead of making us download 27 pages.

Anyway, what does this pasuram prove anyway?

I understand your discomfort towards downloading,i shall keep your comment in my mind,in future.Thanks.

The pasuram,really explains,that neither the grahams like the planets,or the rahu kalam or yama gandam..etc mean anything to human development.What is needed are human values and total faith in god.

As ultimately,thru jyotisam,the lord of the graham is finally worshipped,to get relief or to thank for the bounty in life.So,why not pray directly to the lord itself,instead of getting bogged down,with these nonsensical astrology mumbo jumbo?

nachi naga

re

Sorry to see such words from a learned, wise, elderly man in this site....
Really GOD will sure bless you Nachi naga....
byeeeeeeeeee

Dear Swaminatha Sharma Ayya,

In any jatakam,you will be given,the following information: Sun Rise Time,Sun set time,Tithi,Yogam,Lagnam,Rasi,Nakshatram,Karanam,Lagna Lord,Rasi Lord,Nakshatra Lord,Ayanamsham,Ayanamsham Value,Balance Vimshotari Dasamsam,Latitude,Longitude,Sidereal Time,Date Of Birth,Time Of Birth,Place Of Birth.

The pancha-Angam values will be given.So,this information is required to predict,day to day affairs,as far as i know.The Lunar-Solar,configuration is a must,as far as our jatakam is concerned.If,the Time Of Birth is not known,then a Prashnam method is used,alongwith further information obtained as to past events,to configure,a jatakam.

D1,2,3,4,7,9,12,16,20,30,60..is further used as a method to drill down specificty,of each amsam.Rasi & Navamsham is primarily given.Then your Dashamsham,Shastiamsham..etc can be used.Even a 2 minutes error will deviate in predictions.

There are chithra-paksha ayanamsham,Raman Ayanamsham,Fagan-Bradley ayanamsham,Dhira-Ayanamsham,Tarun Chopra Ayanamsham,Krishnamurthy Ayanamsham..etc are some ayanamsham values used to compute,the jatakam.The popular ayanamsham used is Chithra-paksha ayanamsham today in India.There is also sayana acharya method of computing,with zero ayanamsham value.

Then there is the Nadi jyotisam of Agastiar,Bhrigu,Suka..etc too,in old palm leaves,written and foretold.

In vethalai elai,'my pottu' seeing is also used.Chozhi pottu seeing is also a method prevalent in Kerala.

Like any forecasting method of science,jyotisam,is also used.The probability of an event happening is,50-50.

Only Lord Brahman can predict with 100% accuracy.

Lord Krishna has said,surrender to me,i will take care of you.

So,pray and surrender to the Lord.And the Lord resides within you itself.It's as simple as that.

nachi naga.

I understand your discomfort towards downloading,i shall keep your comment in my mind,in future.

So,why not pray directly to the lord itself,instead of getting bogged down,with these nonsensical astrology mumbo jumbo?

Thank you sir, I appreciate your response. Cheers!

Shri sharma, this forum knows that you are a properly guided astrologer. While some of us may not be experts, we still know the basics, either through books or maybe it runs in the family...

I think that you should not dismiss in entirety, the views of others, who may be ignorant of astrology in your view. Flippant replies, as below, does not befit a scholar like you.

Nachi naga ji....

Thanks for your loooooooooooooong understanding of Science of Astrology....
Let your Lord Krishna help me in bringing out the Truth...

Of course, if it is just dry humour, pardon me for the intrusion.

Regards,

Shri sharma, I am not bothered about whether you take part in this discussion or not; that is your decision.

Seems like you missed the intent of my post altogether. Take your own time to understand it, and please do not post a reply in haste. I smell arrogance here, in your dismissing certain posts.

And you can address me by my id here... hope that is not too draining on your mental resources?

Thanks,

stepping in for a min...

If there is any astrology related queries or doubts, feel free to send him(sharmaji) a private message or post a thread in the relevant forum (astrology services).

It is upto the individual concerned to reply or not to reply, in this case sharmaji.

Certain things cannot be shared in public for various reasons (including personal). So contact him in private to clarify.

Astrology is great and true. Not the same for all astrologers. Let no one cheer or be saddened. It is the same for science Vs scientists, or for the matter any subject under or above the sky.

I never studied astrology, and am not keen on knowing my future. But, I have a strong conviction that Indian astrology has the depth to lay out the life pattern of any human being.

Please note the words "life pattern". Hope many of you have seen the movie 12B. Catch a bus, your life goes one way. Miss a bus, your life goes the other way.

Surrender to god, your life doesn't need any more astrology. Not yet ready for it, then your life will fit into the science of astrology.

Simple theory - a person who has the ability to attain jeeva samadhi stops his/her breath and start is up again at will during ones' own life time. The final stop - full stop is God's calling to end the journey of that birth. I don't think that comes within Astrology.

Please help me with your thoughts, if I am wrong.

my personal opinion is that I don't know how far the revelations are dependable and accurate. In my experience nadi josyam predicts the past perfectly well but flops in respect of future. Also they say the exact time upto the second determines the casting of a a proper horoscope . This being subject to many practical errors the horoscope is not able to be made perfect and hence the predictions might also undergo inaccuracy. All said and done more dependance on the predictions might ruin our Will to work hard with sincereity which will alone prove better for us. This is applicable may be for western/eastern whatever.

Last edited:
re

Astrology is great and true. Not the same for all astrologers. Let no one cheer or be saddened. It is the same for science Vs scientists, or for the matter any subject under or above the sky.

Dear Sridhar Vasudevan

I like the way,you have presented,regarding astrology.Instead of my long winded presentation.Mostly predictions happen in kali yugam,owing to vaakya siddhim due to maha saraswathi ambals anugraham,as she verily resides in the tongue of the human.

nachi naga

When there is a separate window for astrology related services, it is not proper on the part of the members to lure Sharma to other threads, with genuine queries, true concerns and simple curiosity, but sometimes teasing and taunting.

Please treat him with respect he deserves.

Hello praveen, I think my post is taken as a means to lure shri sharma into this thread!

I would like to clarify my stand.

I was just going through this thread earlier today and was surprised to see Shri Sharma reply rather loosely to some posts. Looking at the content and value of his posts, it would have been much better if he had chosen not to reply at all. And hence my observation. It can, in no way, be construed to mean that am urging him to reply...

His replied that my post was senseless without understanding the context itself. I am not amused at his way of addressing... but probably I may not be accustomed to his style. I hold no grudge against him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Shri pannvalan, are you trying to convey something related to my earlier remarks??? Please be clear and specific in your post.

Thanks,

Need help

"then there is clairvoyance, which my neighbour, iyengar, had the gift. he will predict, just by you sitting in front of him, and he got this vision.

he had about 50 people a day during weekends and holidays. as he considered this a gift from God, he would not accept money. out of respect people brought fruits etc, and i think he returned most of it. there is only so much fruit one can eat :)"

Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

if u don't mind, could you please give Iyengar's address ?

vijay,

this was long ago in the 60s, 70s. i am quite sure he is long gone to the abode of vishnu.

i have moved on to canada since earlly 70s. i heard the iyengar went back to his village (he was close to 70s then and barring his wife, no progeny or near relatives) :(

Last edited:
nachi naga sir,

Only Lord Brahman can predict with 100% accuracy.
Lord Krishna has said,surrender to me,i will take care of you.
So,pray and surrender to the Lord.And the Lord resides within you itself.It's as simple as that.

If the astrologers are able to predict the future of human beings. I was wondering how come they did not predict the population explosion in India.
If atleast one of the astrologer predicted population explosion in India and set some guidelines, India would be in good state. :)

IMHO instead of predicting the future and worrying about it, it is better to leave it to Lord Brahman and focus on future with positive mind. I don't know how mind will work with full potential if the future is predicted.

My parents believe strongly in astrology. When there is a failure they go to astrologer. Then astrologer will send them to temple for some poojas. This is happening for long time. But, I don't see any progress in the situation. They simply get some relief after doing some poojas. They almost depended on astrologer for sometime. They also told me some of the predictions came true. This could be 50-50 probability.

I'm still wondering about use of astrology in stock markets. If any astrologer is willing I will be glad to back test his past predictions and test his future predictions in paper money account.

Last edited:
re

curious,

"If the astrologers are able to predict the future of human beings. I was wondering how come they did not predict the population explosion in India.
If atleast one of the astrologer predicted population explosion in India and set some guidelines, India would be in good state."

Astrologers are not asking people to make love,without thinking of consequences for themselves and then for the nation.It's each individuals responsibilty to think about family planning.For that,we need to have good leadership and role models in public life.

"IMHO instead of predicting the future and worrying about it, it is better to leave it to Lord Brahman and focus on future with positive mind. I don't know how mind will work with full potential if the future is predicted."

Forecasting is a science.Every business takes risks.Life itself is a business.By consulting astrology,one tries to minimise risk,and try to optimise profitabilty aka success.A smart astrologer,will know,how to use the tools in astrology.Mathematically,the probabilty of an event happening is 50 - 50.

"My parents believe strongly in astrology. When there is a failure they go to astrologer. Then astrologer will send them to temple for some poojas. This is happening for long time. But, I don't see any progress in the situation. They simply get some relief after doing some poojas. They almost depended on astrologer for sometime. They also told me some of the predictions came true. This could be 50-50 probability."

Every event in life has diety affixed in charge in hinduism.The astrologer with his insight explains which diety needs to propitiated.Understand your parents mental conditioning,and learn to respect elders.Please accept this as positive suggestion.

"I'm still wondering about use of astrology in stock markets. If any astrologer is willing I will be glad to back test his past predictions and test his future predictions in paper money account."

A astrologer who is professional,should have a disclaimer clause at the bottom of a written contract,between him and his client.Don't all your stock analyst and pundits of finance and gurus of science,always write a caveat at the bottom,for which you need magnifying glass first to read whats written,then the english jargon is so complicated,one will be scratching their head.

nachi naga.

nachi naga sir,

Astrologers are not asking people to make love,without thinking of consequences for themselves and then for the nation.It's each individuals responsibilty to think about family planning.For that,we need to have good leadership and role models in public life.

I agree 100% sir. I was wondering if astrologers are able to provide risk management for Individuals then they can provide risk management for country. Every state can have an astrologer as one of the risk managers.

My knowledge on Hinduism is very low. I can understand Hindu system provides good guidelines for family. I was wondering how Hindu system missed the population control part. BBC - GCSE Bitesize - Hinduism: contraception and abortion

Every event in life has diety affixed in charge in hinduism.The astrologer with his insight explains which diety needs to propitiated.Understand your parents mental conditioning,and learn to respect elders.Please accept this as positive suggestion.

Sir, I have been supporting and respecting them. I can see it helps them temporarily. I personally would not interfere in their beliefs. I support their beliefs. I could not gain conviction on astrology because the metrics are not there. If India is awarding degrees in astrology, then India should focus on metrics and performance of astrologers. In my personal experience, astrologers are recommended by word of mouth. Pls. correct me if I’m wrong.

A astrologer who is professional,should have a disclaimer clause at the bottom of a written contract,between him and his client.Don't all your stock analyst and pundits of finance and gurus of science,always write a caveat at the bottom,for which you need magnifying glass first to read whats written,then the english jargon is so complicated,one will be scratching their head.

I agree 100% sir.

one will be scratching their head. :)

This is my wish sir. I want the astrologers to show their performance and metrics in stock market and marriage market. IMO, traders in stock market are like astrologers. Their performance is measured by consistency. The same should be case for astrologers. It is about probability. The astrologers should be able show from their metrics number of winning and losing predictions. It will be helpful if they can document how they predicted their winners and loosers. Something like the trading plan documented by trader.

cheers!

Last edited:
re

curious,

'I agree 100% sir. I was wondering if astrologers are able to provide risk management for Individuals then they can provide risk management for country. Every state can have an astrologer as one of the risk managers. '

It's possible,provided they have a format of professionalism.

'My knowledge on Hinduism is very low. I can understand Hindu system provides good guidelines for family. I was wondering how Hindu system missed the population control part.'

People are strength.To provide for the population is a collective effort.The leader's have to put their thinking turban and work their bottom's off with full involvement of the populace.Just the leader's alone will not make it happen.Every one of us are responsible.

'Sir, I have been supporting and respecting them. I can see it helps them temporarily. I personally would not interfere in their beliefs. I support their beliefs. I could not gain conviction on astrology because the metrics are not there. If India is awarding degrees in astrology, then India should focus on metrics and performance of astrologers. In my personal experience, astrologers are recommended by word of mouth. Pls. correct me if I’m wrong.'

Word of mouth is the strongest and most efficient means of networking.With modern technology available,the reach can be exponentially multiplied.

'I agree 100% sir.

This is my wish sir. I want the astrologers to show their performance and metrics in stock market and marriage market. IMO, traders in stock market are like astrologers. Their performance is measured by consistency. The same should be case for astrologers. It is about probability. The astrologers should be able show from their metrics number of winning and losing predictions. It will be helpful if they can document how they predicted their winners and loosers. Something like the trading plan documented by trader.'

Jyotisham is Veda-angam.The seed is embedded in our psyche.Our weekdays itself is a classic example of the grahams pre-dominance in every day/night life.Just pray to the Lord,to do this, Jyotisham is a tool.Take a shortcut forget jyotisham,pray directly to the Lord,who is 'hridayavasi' and see the results yourself.Try reading the Bhagavath Gita,the Lord explains to Arjuna,your doubts will vanish in no time.Trust the Lord.

nachi naga.

I read about swamiji Nithayanda. I just cut and pasted some of his answers about astrology. I also attached the site where I got this information.

Nithyananda Newsletter: May 2009

So ancient astrology is a proven science Swamiji?

This is what I was afraid of! The moment I say yes, you will all start running behind astrology! Tomorrow morning I will see a long queue before me carrying horoscopes, saying “Swamiji, please, just see this and predict my future!”

I tell you: Don’t worry so much about astrology!

Vivekananda gave a befitting answer to someone who questioned him about astrology. He told him, “Go, eat well, exercise well, sleep well. You will become strong, physically and mentally. Then you won’t worry about all these things!”

Only a person who is mentally weak depends so much on astrology.

Swamiji, you were talking about how there is no such thing as a perfect partner. Then what is the purpose of matching horoscopes before marriage?

Now if I start speaking on this subject, I will have to pull down the whole structure of astrology!

Not astrology itself, but the way we follow it today is foolish and nonsensical.
Understand: It is your life, you are living it, you should know the pros and cons – but you don’t know anything about your life, and you are going and asking others! Where is your intelligence?

To surrender your life to a stranger, to let him make your life’s decisions, just shows that you no longer even know how to run your own life. Be very clear: You have to take responsibility for your own life.

When people come to me with questions about their future, I tell them - don’t approach me to predict what your future is going to be. Approach me if you want my help to design a good future for yourself. All these predictions are only for the weak-minded, be very clear on that.

Ancient astrology was a pure science. There was truth in it.

Let me tell you how astrology evolved.

In the past, when a child was sent to the Master to study, to the gurukul, astrology was used to diagnose what kind of personality, what kind of attitudes and natural aptitudes he possessed. Accordingly, he would be trained.

Like this, earlier, the caste distinctions were not based on birth, they were based on character, on a person’s natural abilities.

When a boy was admitted into the gurukul, the Master would see what his natural tendencies were. If he had Brahmin tendencies where intelligence was the prime factor, he would be initiated into Veda Vidya - studying of the Vedic scriptures. If his personality was that of a Kshatriya, where bravery and strength were the most dominant, he would be trained in martial arts. If he showed Vaishya tendencies, wherein he exhibited many skills, he would be taught business. If he seemed to possess Shudra qualities, where he was happy giving his time to routine work, then he would be initiated into service. All four roles had equal value and earned equal respect.

This was the purpose for which astrology was used. It was a science used for diagnosis. Look around you today. Almost everyone is in the wrong place! A Doctor by nature has become an Engineer and an Engineer has become a Serviceman and what not! That is why there is a sense of total chaos in society. When a man who is a businessman by character enters into spirituality, what happens? Spirituality becomes a business!

Dear Learned Members

I am deeply interested interested in astrology....
My astrologer was analysing myhoroscope and predicted me that my marriage will take place on this date and this time....

Oh.. it happened to my life tooo....on the exact date and time, mymarriage took place...and he predicted that on 100th day after my marriage, my daddy will pass away...It too happened....

So predictions are always correct..... from a learned and experienced persons...

Even when i contacted Sharma on some issues, he predicted quite correct... and it happened on the date and time, he predicted....

Thanks

congrats guru on finding such excellent astrologists.

i too have had correct predictions from my family panikkar when i was young. panikkar also made a few mistakes. overall, overwhelmingly correct predictions.

by choice, my mother, had abjured astrology. i have followed her similarly. no particular reason, just a choice.

i tried to learn palmistry but found it confusing. i think astrology, like chess or bridge, is a never ending, ever learning subject.

best wishes to you in this endeavour, and may you over years, and your naama, spread far and wide, as a master in this subject.

Last edited:
ASTROLOGY PREDICTIONS- how accurate are they?

Sir,
I have posted my comments in the thread 'ASTROLOGY' in post no 27 on 18-01-2010.
I have consulted astrologers in Andhra, Bihar,Gujarat, Maharastra,
UP,MP,&Delhi while in service.While most of the predictions proved to be correct quite a few were found to be not happening.
For matching horoscopes I used to cast the horoscopes afresh with data through one source and then match them.Further I used to consult three different astrologers and proceed only if I get green signal from all of them.I also used to avoid consulting the astrologer being consulted by the other party.God has been kind enough.I could marry all my four daughters without much difficulty.
I also used to consult one western astrology book only to know the combination of Zodiac signs of boys and girls which gives the best results and look for such combinations.By GOD's grace all my daughters are happily settled.
Once I had to do some work in my house in Chennai.I requested my family astrologer to recommend her building maistry to undertake my work.I asked him whether he is consulting the astrologer who is very popular in our area. Prompt was his reply that he believes in 'ASTROLOGY' but not in 'ASTROLOGERS'.He told me his experience in life that if the time is GOOD for you you will get all favourable results and if the time is adverse everything goes wrong and one has to be extra cautious during those adverse times.
B.Krishnamurthy

Last edited:
HI, let me clarify a basic view point on this.
You quoted that you are from God " FEARING" family.
First change this, there is NO need to FEAR the God. LOVE him. you should God Loving family.

Astrology predictions differ from person to person. having said that, there are persons who predict accruately and give parigarams to overcome obstacles.

Simple quote from my side:
Uncertainity is inevitable BUT, Worrying is Optional AND Worrying is Insulting God's Wisdom

Sundarananda.

Thanks sri Swaminatha Sharma.
I see this trend in many tamil Brahims and they proudly say they are God Feared people and family etc..

One more quote from Swami Sukhabhodananda:
Better way in Life to be successful is :
Change the attitude TO,
I Like whatever I do, instead to do what I like.

Sundarananda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back