• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Aryan Migration Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will start from verse 4.6.6. as the meaning of நீறு is very clear here.... So, clearly, நீறு here is dust.

I agree.

If she sees anyone with நீறு இட i.e. wearing dust, but செவ்வே இட -- in vertical fashion, i.e. in the ஊர்த்வ புண்டரம் style -- she goes behind them saying they are நெடுமால் அடியார். Here as well, the நீறு is not சாம்பல்.

The word செவ்வே means perfectly or properly and to take it as 'in the ஊர்த்வ புண்டரம் style' is a forced interpretation.

கரியமேனி மிசை வெளிய நீறு சிறிதேயிடும்
பெரியகோலத் தடங்கண்ணன் விண்ணோர் பெருமான் தன்னை
உரியசொல்லா லிசைமாலைகள் ஏத்தியுள்ளப் பெற்றேற்கு
அரியதுண்டோ எனக்கின்று தொட்டு மினியென்றுமே
In this verse Nammazhvar is describing the physical beauty of Perumal in Sri Vaikuntam. The opening phrase 'கரியமேனி மிசை வெளிய நீறு சிறிதேயிடும் பெரியகோல" is supposed to be an adjective for the lord's 'தடங்கண்". The meaning is, a small amount of வெளிய நீறு (white powder) on his eyes applied as some sort of mascara.
கரியமேனி மிசை வெளிய நீறு சிறிதேயிடும் and பெரியகோலதடங்கண் are adjectives for the substantive விண்ணோர் பெருமான். The phrase வெளிய நீறு சிறிதேயிடும் is not the adjective of பெரியகோலதடங்கண். Please notice that the first phrase கரியமேனி மிசை is in the seventh (locative) case, which shows that the வெளிய நீறு was applied on the கரியமேனி. மிசை = on. To take it as mascara is unwarranted.

In the phrase ஆரார் அயில் வேற்கண் அஞ்சத்தின் நீறணிந்து, அஞ்சனம் may mean mascara, I agree, but not in the previous verse.

The main point in all my posts is that Saivam and Vaishnavam coexisted peacefully upto the time of Nammalvar atleast and they had similar customs. Later, at a particular point of time they began to diverge and each began to distinguish itself with special customs. I pray to God that He may guide us to give up the follies of our ancestors and continue to follow only those good practices as would bring harmony in the society.

To Nara sir Kariyamahni means Bigsize Body and mesai means the Way,veli means theBrahmandam,neeru means reach,and other phrases are just Wider of the objective seen from them. The point is this to See the Lord in the human body(BIGSIZE) useing the way of Meditation and said by colours. In the Head Region a very very tiny hole will open to the Yogi and with that the Yogi can take his PARUUDAL towars the Brahmam. s.r.k.

....The main point in all my posts is that Saivam and Vaishnavam coexisted peacefully upto the time of Nammalvar atleast and they had similar customs.

Dear shri vikrama, the information I provided are from the commentaries of SV acharyas. In this case I don't think they got it wrong.

As to Shaivam and SV coexisting peacefully, with a few exceptions here and there, that has been the case all along. Even after Bhagavat Ramanuja was exiled by Kulothunga Chola, after he died his son invited Ramanuja back and R did return to Sri Rangam. Govindaraja Perumal temple was indeed rebuilt inside the Chidambaram temple premises. So, I am not convinced they did not coexist peacefully after Nammazhvar's time.

Thank you ....

... give up the follies of our ancestors and continue to follow only those good practices as would bring harmony in the society.

Shri vikrama, this is an eminently sublime sentiment.

What Azhvar meant when he says நீறு in one stanza versus another stanza is prosaic. Azhvars went far beyond the narrow confines of Shaivam and Vaishnavam, and called for everyone to abandon their exalted பண்டைக்குலம் and join the ranks of தொண்டர் குலம். They wanted all the devotees to freely exchange everything including, SV acharyas notwithstanding, girls in marriage -- கொடுமின் கொள்மின்.

Our ancestors, at least the ones from the era of Ramanuja, tried to usher in at least some of the reforms the Azhvars dared to imagine. But it was short lived. Now, at the dawn of the 21st century, we are all tied up in caste knots with mundane considerations, there is nobody capable of grand dreams like the ones of at least some of our ancestors who were willing pen down revolutionary ideas. Today, our imagination goes no further than "Brahmins" -- NIB acceptable, but VTNB just no bloody way.

So, yes, I agree with the sentiment you have expressed above, let us annihilate this beast called caste system and follow practices that would bring true harmony to the entire society without a difference.

Cheers!

மதிப்பிற்குரிய குருஜி அவர்களுக்கு,
நமஸ்தே. க்ரஹத்தர்கள், பிரம்மச்சாரிகள் ஆகியோருக்கு உபவீதம் முறையே மூன்று மற்றும் ஒன்று என்பது சரியா? மேலும் க்ரஹச்தர்கள் சத்காரியங்கள் அல்லது அபரகாரியங்கள் செய்யும்போது உபவீதம் மாற்றும்போது மூன்று உபவீதம் அணிய வேண்டுமா இரண்டு போதுமா ? ஏனெனில், ஒரு உபவீதம் பிரம்மச்சாரிகளுக்கும் இரண்டு உபவீதம் க்ரஹச்தர்களுக்கும் அதில் க்ரஹச்தர்கள் முன்றாவதாக அணிவது த்ரிதீய வஸ்த்ரத்திற்கு பதிலாக எனவும் சொல்லப்படுகிறது. தற்போது ஒரு வாத்தியார், "க்ரஹச்தர்கள் வானப்ரஸ்ததம் செல்லும்போது தான் முன்றாவது உபவீதம் அணிய வேண்டும். இல்லாவிடில் இரண்டு உபவீதம் மட்டும் அணிந்தால் போதும்" என்று சொல்கிறார். இது சரியா ? தெளிவு படுத்தவும்.
நமஸ்தே.

Last edited:
நமஸ்தே. க்ரஹத்தர்கள், பிரம்மச்சாரிகள் ஆகியோருக்கு உபவீதம் முறையே மூன்று மற்றும் ஒன்று என்பது சரியா? மேலும் க்ரஹச்தர்கள் சத்காரியங்கள் அல்லது அபரகாரியங்கள் செய்யும்போது உபவீதம் மாற்றும்போது மூன்று உபவீதம் அணிய வேண்டுமா இரண்டு போதுமா ? ஏனெனில், ஒரு உபவீதம் பிரம்மச்சாரிகளுக்கும் இரண்டு உபவீதம் க்ரஹச்தர்களுக்கும் அதில் க்ரஹச்தர்கள் முன்றாவதாக அணிவது த்ரிதீய வஸ்த்ரத்திற்கு பதிலாக எனவும் சொல்லப்படுகிறது. தற்போது ஒரு வாத்தியார் ,"க்ரஹச்தர்கள் வானப்ரஸ்ததம் செல்லும்போது தான் முன்றாவது உபவீதம் அணிய வேண்டும். இல்லாவிடில் இரண்டு உபவீதம் மட்டும் அணிந்தால் போதும்" என்று சொல்கிறார். இது சரியா ? தெளிவு படுத்தவும்.
நமஸ்தே.

நமஸ்தே. க்ரஹத்தர்கள், பிரம்மச்சாரிகள் ஆகியோருக்கு உபவீதம் முறையே மூன்று மற்றும் ஒன்று என்பது சரியா? மேலும் க்ரஹச்தர்கள் சத்காரியங்கள் அல்லது அபரகாரியங்கள் செய்யும்போது உபவீதம் மாற்றும்போது மூன்று உபவீதம் அணிய வேண்டுமா இரண்டு போதுமா ? ஏனெனில், ஒரு உபவீதம் பிரம்மச்சாரிகளுக்கும் இரண்டு உபவீதம் க்ரஹச்தர்களுக்கும் அதில் க்ரஹச்தர்கள் முன்றாவதாக அணிவது த்ரிதீய வஸ்த்ரத்திற்கு பதிலாக எனவும் சொல்லப்படுகிறது. தற்போது ஒரு வாத்தியார் ,"க்ரஹச்தர்கள் வானப்ரஸ்ததம் செல்லும்போது தான் முன்றாவது உபவீதம் அணிய வேண்டும். இல்லாவிடில் இரண்டு உபவீதம் மட்டும் அணிந்தால் போதும்" என்று சொல்கிறார். இது சரியா ? தெளிவு படுத்தவும்.
நமஸ்தே.
பிரமசாரிகளுக்கு ஒன்றும் கருஹச்தர்களுக்கு இரண்டும் புத்திரன் அல்லது புத்திரி பிறந்த பின் மூன்றும் என்று ஆபஸ்தம்ப சூத்திரக்காரர்கள் ஆகிய நாங்கள் செய்து வருகிறோம். மற்றும் சிலர் மூன்றாவது பூணல் போடுவதில்லை. வானப்ரச்தத்திர்க்குத்தான் மூன்றாவது பூணல் என்பது நான் இதுவரை கேட்டதில்லை.

நமஸ்தே !
எனது சந்தேகத்திற்கு தாங்கள் சொன்ன கருத்து மிகவும் சரியானதே. தற்போது வைதிகம் செய்யும் வாத்தியார்கள் சாஸ்திரத்தை காலத்திற்கு ஏற்றவாறு தங்கள் சொந்த கருத்தையும் உட்புகுத்தி கர்த்தக்களாகிய நம்மை நம்ப வைத்து வருகிறார்கள் என்பது வெட்ட வெளிச்சமகத் தெரிகிறது.

Last edited:
நமஸ்தே !
எனது சந்தேகத்திற்கு தாங்கள் சொன்ன கருத்து மிகவும் சரியானதே. தற்போது வைதிகம் செய்யும் வாத்தியார்கள் சாஸ்திரத்தை காலத்திற்கு ஏற்றவாறு தங்கள் சொந்த கருத்தையும் உட்புகுத்தி கர்த்தக்களாகிய நம்மை நம்ப வைத்து வருகிறார்கள் என்பது வெட்ட வெளிச்சமகத் தெரிகிறது.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back