• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Are queues not an Indian custom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Prof. Sir,

Thank you very much for giving the page link. I was thinking whether to post it here or not.

And, those pages bring back good and hilarious moments our family had, during that trip. :)

BTW, that cousin brother is having his Satabhishekam this month, in the U S of A. :thumb:

Same couple marrying for the fourth time. :cool:

referring to OP, a couple of months back, manay channels showed vehicles queued up in UK boarder waiting to enter france and other countries.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/...into-france-face-massive-security-delays.html

This according to me is real discipline as far as queues are concerned. There were not a single face having any sort of tension or struggle although the wait were as long as upto 1o hours in certain cases: all of them were relaxed and with smiling faces and even some of them were shown palying games on road side.

Railway booking in fiftees for summer vacations in delhi for southern destinations used to mean reserving space in a queue the previous night at reservation office weeks

in advance.Most would go as a team to take turns in the queue .It was an yearly event.

Railway booking in fiftees for summer vacations in delhi for southern destinations used to mean reserving space in a queue the previous night at reservation office weeks

in advance.Most would go as a team to take turns in the queue .It was an yearly event.

Even in seminar on queue !

seminar on Queue.jpg

It is here by clarified that the situations caused the beginning of this thread has nothing to do with current situation in the country and any development
observed later is quite coincidence and this thread is not to be blamed for same please!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Ganesh Ji,

Shared definitely not for the sake of humour, but to infuse a sense of being a part of the fight against Black Money by taking up the pain of standing in queue.

Humour: Man standing in a long queue outside bank hopeful of reaching counter by 30th December

New Delhi.
27-year-old Dabri resident, Aman Maheshwari, who left his home two days back to stand in a queue outside a bank to exchange old currency notes, told our reporter that he was hopeful about reaching the counter by 30th December.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently announced that Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 notes currently in use will be demonetized, which led people across the country to rush to banks and ATMs to get new currency notes in exchange of the scrapped ones.

When Aman left home on Wednesday morning to swap notes, he informed his mother that he would be back in 15 minutes. But he had no clue what awaited him. When he arrived at the bank, he found a crowd so huge that he thought that the next Kumbh Mela was being held there.

“The last time I had seen so many people gather together was in front of a TV shop when Sachin was playing on 99. I am sure the total number of people this time would easily surpass the population of Sri Lanka,” a startled Aman claimed.

Taking into account the number of people and the time each person was taking inside the bank, Aman hoped to reach the counter before the last date to exchange old notes, ie: 30th December gets over.

"I just hope that I am able to reach counter before even Rs 2000 notes are banned by Modi govt," he prayed.

"To prepare for such a long wait, I have asked my brother to get me a bed, some clothes, packets of instant Maggi noodles, anti-pollution mask, some funny Kejriwal videos and other essential supplies,” he further added.

Read more at: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...nter-by30th-December/articleshow/55371772.cms

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Bala ji,
I also don't think this decision of our government is some sort of joke. It definitely is a seriously thought out decision. Actually in many cases the situation us over blown up. Initial hiccups are always part of such huge exercises and things tend to fall normal on passing of some days...We are bound to do atleast this much for the sake of our nation..

Last edited:
Dear Bala ji,
I also don't think this decision of our government is some sort of joke. It definitely is a seriously thought out decision. Actually in many cases the situation us over blown up. Initial hiccups are always part of such huge exercises and things tend to fall normal on passing of some days...We are bound to do atleast this much for the sake of our nation..

:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

When the nationwants you to line up: Queues tell rich stories in the midst of cash crisis

Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ambitious demonetising ofhigh-value banknotes is getting people to line up at banks, post offices andATMs to change their money. We’ve heard reports of exasperation, despair andalso a stoic willingness to endure this for the greater good.

A waiting line allocatesscarce goods by time, rather than price. People sacrifice their time and occupyphysical space. And if you look closer, a queue is always a compressed lessonin both psychology and civics.

Why is it so annoying whensomeone fumbles with their card, or goes for several transactions? Think of theway we judge cashiers who’re laughing or chatting or leaving their desks, theindignation when someone cuts in to join their friends in the line, or argueswith the counter too long. Waiting in line is all about balefully judging eachother.

Either way, those snaking lines will have a story to tell, very soon.

Read more at: http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatime...tell-rich-stories-in-the-midst-of-cash-crisis

When the controlled economy became an open economy in 1991 reforms , we all thought there will be end to queues and fight for scarce rationed resources.

This is a legacy of the british who started ration shops and queues to primarily get procvision for army of occupation.

Unless we give up this mentality of queues and admiring its great virtues, we deserve only to be slaves.

We did not vote to stand in queues to collect our own money in banks.

Banks would lose their credibility , if they ill treat those who deposit their hard savings there.

Govt could tackle black money by other means if they know without hurting the depositers.

There are lot of experts to give ideas.

And there is absolutely no dearth for suggestions, opinions, etc

But there was no leader to act so far.

All these veterans were silent all the time

When some drastic action is now taken against the dishonest people, few come here to shed crocodile tears

We have been seeing this all through

When some drastic action is now taken against the dishonest people, few come here to shed crocodile tears

That's why Singapore is saluting Modi

A new Lee Kuan Yew is Born in India
A senior Indian government official even equated Mr Modi to Singapore’s first Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew.
[h=4]“From making up his mind to rolling it out yesterday (8 Nov), a new Lee Kuan Yew is born in India. It will be reflected in the legacy of this Prime Minister.”[/h]​
Mr Modi’s admiration for Mr Lee is of course no secret. When Mr Lee passed away in March last year, Mr Modi in leading the tributes and condolences pouring in from all over India, acknowledged Mr Lee Kuan Yew a “lion among leaders”.
[h=4]“A far-sighted statesman and a lion among leaders, Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s life teaches valuable lessons to everyone. News of his demise is saddening,” tweeted Mr Modi, an admirer of Mr Lee. “In this hour of bereavement, our prayers are with Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s family and the people of Singapore. May his soul rest in peace.”[/h]​
http://theindependent.sg/modi-does-a-lee-kuan-yew-to-stamp-out-corruption-in-india/

Last edited:
Since standing in a queue has become the test of patriotism, here is my attempt, dear prime minister, to set the record straight.
At the outset, let me admit I haven’t stood in a queue for cash since November 8. I admit I am among the kind who deputed someone else. I confess I haven’t gone without food either, the last of my family’s scrapped currency went into treating ourselves to a bottle of Blender’s Pride.
That’s not to give people ideas, sir, but while chemists may be sending people away, liquor outlets are not turning any money down.

I don’t stand in lines any more, not by choice anyway. I Uber, I Paytm, I Google, I Amazon, I Kindle, I ATM. The few times I have to stand in a queue, of no size at all, I admit, I almost always pick up a fight with people trying to jump the line. Oh yes, there is that peril too, sir, about queues. Many will jump the line. I wasn’t sure what to call such people. But now, sir, you have told me what they all are: Blackmarketeers.

http://indianexpress.com/article/op...side-atms-pm-modi-rs-1000-rs-500-ban-4388396/

You are continuously attacking the messenger instead of the message.

You are continuously attacking the messenger instead of the message.

When did you assume this moral policing duty?

If you are serious, try to exercise in every thread and don't be selective.

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]
Beat the queue - an innovative idea!

BookMyChotu.com provides you a helper to stand in long ATM queues[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Newstracklive 24 Nov. 2016 09:47[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]These days individuals must choose the option to remain in long lines outside banks and ATMs for money on account of the late demonetization of Rs. 500 and Rs.1000 money notes in the nation. A Delhi-based start-up guarantees to change that by giving individuals a chance to employ "chotus" who will sit tight in lines for you.[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Book My Chotu is an online service that permits you to "lease" helpers for delicate services, for example, basic cleaning, shopping for food, shifting, and so on. Here are the rates the firm has altered for contracting a 'chotu':[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Rs.90 for 1 hour[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Rs.170 for 2 hours[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Rs.260 for 3 hours[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Rs.330 for 4 hours[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Rs.380 for 5 hours[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Rs.450 for 6 hours[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Rs.500 for 7 hours[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Rs.550 for 8 hours[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]"Customers are responsible for their valuable assets and family things. If it's not too much trouble check Chotus previously, then after the fact the employment," it includes.[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]"Our vision is to utilize best of innovation and savvy procedures to give simple on request helper stage to our clients," the organization says on its site.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back