• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Are Parents too rigid when it comes to Marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he feels its like buying a product (a car anyone??). You've got to check that its perfect before paying for it!

But seriously, he may just be disillusioned and suspicious of the girls hes seen thus far and wants to be on the safe side so to speak.

All in all i agree its not a nice way to start married life.

hi amala,
meeru baga chepparu..kaani idhi nijanga jaruguthunthi....kaani kontharu chepparu...kontharu chepputhru.....kaani nambagam kaavali...

pelli okka addham laaga...chose danikki bagunthi....kaani koncham virigi pothe panikki raadhu...emi chesethi/

regards
tbs

Sir ,

I agree with Mr. Ranganathan's views. I have just got my son married 3 months ago following our traditional approach of horoscope matching. My view is that selecting the right astrologer is as important as selecting the right Guru. There are a lot of people with half baked knowledge , who cannot be trusted. There are also many astrologers who provide free service but only restrict themselves to horoscope matching. They will go by the rules and Poruttham's etc.

In my case , like many of us initially I used to consult an astrologer who would go strictly by the rules and Porutthams. Later I switched to a very good astrologer , a thorough professional who was earlier an Electrical engineer . This astrologer would study the character of the girl from the horoscope and also look at things like , whether there is a chance of a second marriage after the first one breaks. We were fully satisfied with his approach and now after the marriage we have found our daughter-in-law's character matching with the predictions .

Thanks

Krishnan

Sir ,

I agree with Mr. Ranganathan's views. I have just got my son married 3 months ago following our traditional approach of horoscope matching. My view is that selecting the right astrologer is as important as selecting the right Guru. There are a lot of people with half baked knowledge , who cannot be trusted. There are also many astrologers who provide free service but only restrict themselves to horoscope matching. They will go by the rules and Poruttham's etc.

In my case , like many of us initially I used to consult an astrologer who would go strictly by the rules and Porutthams. Later I switched to a very good astrologer , a thorough professional who was earlier an Electrical engineer . This astrologer would study the character of the girl from the horoscope and also look at things like , whether there is a chance of a second marriage after the first one breaks. We were fully satisfied with his approach and now after the marriage we have found our daughter-in-law's character matching with the predictions .

Thanks

Krishnan

hi krishnan,

i wish your son and dil, a long happy contended and peaceful married life.

personally i think, matching of horoscopes has nothing to do wtih it. quite contrary to your belief. my only reason being
that i have seen unhappy marriages come out of the most carefully matched jaadhagams, by really 'competent' and
trustworthy panikkars.

having said that, i also would like to say, troubles start only later. first three months, the novelty of the marriage bloom
still exists and too early to write a certificate that the marriage is a successful one.

once again bestest wishes to the young couple!!

shud never marry girls who wreck marriages :( or covet another womans husband

shud never marry girls who wreck marriages :( or covet another womans husband

But I hear people saying that, girls dont wreck marriage and covet another woman's' husband. They are making their life better with a right man who match well with their frequency..

Last edited:
hi K sir,,,

i like the girls list too...all are equal now a days.....

regards
tbs

tbs Sir,

I tried seeing shir Kunjuppus post listing girls who all not to be married...But there is none from him. But you seem to have got it..Hows that??

tbs Sir,

I tried seeing shir Kunjuppus post listing girls who all not to be married...But there is none from him. But you seem to have got it..Hows that??
hi ravi..

im curious abt listing girls....just i like to see from K sir....he is not yet published...anyway he is a great supporter of women/girls...

he is not yet published abt list of girls...

regards
tbs

Rigidity -parents vs wards

Pranams
How i wonder in todays' world the word RIGITIDITY come into existence as ulmost 90 to 99% people have the rigidity(you can compare in tamil to the word PIDIVATHAM) to feel what they do is correct. Ofcourse the rigitidity got its own merits and de-merits. I am not surprised by this because the problems lies not in attitude but in gap between generation,thier living styles,and thier preference in choosing the path to lead thier life.Today wards are more and more inclined to listen to thier so called Friends(Iam sorry i don't intend to hurt any body definitely, love somebody irrespective of thier age to explain me in brief the word FRIEND) and decide accordingly inspite the parents who are more responsible than thier friends of the wards for the position to which the ward raises.On other hand parents really try to provide everything possible for them(sometimes even beyond thier limits)with clear intention that what they are not able to enjoy thier ward should enjoy without realising unknowing over the period they become possessive and try to be dominant expecting thier wards to act at a clap of thier hands.Sorry parents today it is SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST so some time it is convenience come first before convention.I feel even some parents are unwilling to get thier ward married off as the new partner not only(this is the normal fear of any parents)reduce thier wards love and affection towardss towards them also thier rigtht oveer thier wards willbe pushed back by new entrant. What is there afterall it is every parents will and wish that thier children should lead a happylife. In fact no body can have a cake and eat it too.Parents also once were wards only that they should feel free to approach thier ward in a friendly way(as i refered in the fifth line)and find time to communicate more with them with a due consifderation to thier challanges they face in thier day to day life.Well this applicable also to wards who can sit and spend some time in communicating with thier parents which definitly will be less than the time spend by them using cell phones.What is most important the end result.Neither of them should blindly negate others decision without considering the pro and cons of the problem. Today one can not live without vittamin M.So it is better for both to realise that what is best for one need not be best for the other. If wards unless or otherwise considerablly go against the moral values and accepted and practical practices of thier family i feel it is better for the both side to give away something so that family unity will not be disturbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back