• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
the points which I wanted to bring to notice were two:

[....]

This is in support of my observation that youngsters nowadays have a tendency to be selfish.
Dear Shri sangom, just for clarification, whatever the reality may be of the two individual cases, about which you only have indirect knowledge that too of only one side, to conclude that, "youngsters nowadays have a tendency to be selfish" is completely untenable.

I will also stop with this.

best regards ....

Dear All

I just could not resist myself to just add something in response to the post # 50. Kindly excuse me for this.

IMHO, We can just concentrate on the expectation of girls and boys and their parents in marriage and after marriage and evaluate its impacts, validity, concern, solutions.. etc as per our changing and growing society.

In a marriage relationship, I believe many probabilities exists that puts a person into hardships and humiliations. I hope we can accept that, in the present world we cant just close our eyes and raise our finger against specific gender/spouse in common without knowing which spouse was the reason for the conflict. No one knows exactly what went wrong inside closed walls. Except the couples in question.

If this girl happens to find her husband incapable to get her what she wished for and burst out at any point of time and tells her husband that she had to sacrifice her wishes (aesthetic features of the guy, his height, his earning etc...etc..) only because of her parent's inability to meet the demands of the dowry otherwise of which she could have been much happy and comfortable now (than with her husband now). And that she feel GOD is cruel to give her such a unsatisfied life with you when I deserve the good things of my life.

I am just highlighting such possibilities as per human psychology...There are many such cases where husband or wife, without being sensitive to others' feelings, emotions and ego, keep complaining some thing or other and grumbling to have been fated to live with such a person (in such cases where such complaints are not meaningful to the conflict), rather trying to bridge the gap and sustaining happy life without a rift.

Basically, I believe all guys and girls know well that "Pen/Aan parthal" need not to materialize on the spot and may take some time for considerations.

If a guy still takes it in wrong spirit and behave stupidly, than there may be some serious metal disorder with him. Such cases are exceptions where we can find such split personality and mental disorder in men and women.

I apologize for this post, if I found to be prejudicial...

Please wherever you are gentlemen get hold of this film's DVD with English Subtitles. It deals with this subject of ungrateful kids and aged parents. Trust me it will move you to tears.
Blockbuster movie--- BAGHBAAN.
YouTube - Baghban Part 3 Eng Sub

Dear Shri sangom, just for clarification, whatever the reality may be of the two individual cases, about which you only have indirect knowledge that too of only one side, to conclude that, "youngsters nowadays have a tendency to be selfish" is completely untenable.

I will also stop with this.

best regards ....
Dear Shri Nara,

I would request you to kindly take into account the total context in which something is written. My observation was based on my contacts, family, friends, acqaintances, etc. I cited only one case here in this thread, and that was an extreme one. But do you feel someone should present a certain number of cases to support one's view? If so how can I accept your statement (#43 above) in the absence of even one example? Or is it that you have a different rule here and those who do not agree with you are bound by a different set of rules? You said:

"Those of us who live in the west have not cut off our links to our society. We stay in close contact with family and friends. We travel to India on a regular basis. People from India visit us here. I truly feel we living in the west see a broader picture of our society, where it was, where it is now, and the trajectory of where it is headed. Perhaps people living in India are too close to the action to get a deeper understanding of causes of problems and possible remedies."

Do you think others cannot have similar inputs? And why do you think that people in India cannot be expected to have the level of "deeper understanding" of the problems and their causes? Sub-alterns or what?

It is only when you are close to something that you get a better account, even in a field of war. When someone flies comfortably high (unaffected by the dirt, grit and filth on the ground) one is likely to get a more beautiful view, but only those who are at the ground level will know the real position.

Last edited:
ஒரு பெண் மனதை புரிந்து கொள்ள .............

ரொம்பவே சுறுசுறுப்பான ஒரு வங்கியின் கிளைக்கு இரண்டு நாட்கள் விடுமுறைக்குப்பின் சென்றிருந்தேன். கவுன்டரின் உள்ளே அமர்ந்திருந்த அந்த பெண் ஊழியர் தொலை பேசியில் தன் மகளுடன் பேசிக்கொண்டிருந்தார். பக்கத்து வீட்டு ஆண்டியிடம் சொல்லிட்டு வந்திருக்கேன். அவங்க வீட்டுல போய் உக்காந்துக்கோ. ஹோம் வொர்க் பண்ணு. அவங்களை தொந்தரவு பண்ணாத. நான் இன்னிக்கு வரதுக்கு ஒரு மணி நேரம் லேட் ஆகும். சமத்தா இருடா கண்ணுன்னு சொல்லிட்டு ஸாரின்னு சொல்லிட்டு நிமிர்ந்து பார்த்தாள் அந்தப்பெண். எனக்கு முன்னால் நின்றிருந்த அந்த மனிதர் பொருமிக்கொண்டு இருந்தவர், கொட்டி தீர்த்து விட்டார் தன் எரிச்சலையும் கோபத்தையும். பாவம் அந்தப்பெண் அழாதகுறை தான். கண்டிருந்த என் மனதில் உண்டான தாக்கத்தின் விளைவு இந்தக் கவிதை.

கொழிந்த பீலி

என் வீட்டு ஜன்னலின் சுவற்றுக்கீரலில்
சின்னக் குழந்தையாய் ஒரு அரசங்கன்று,
எங்கள் தெருவோரத்து தபால் பெட்டியில்
பங்களா கட்டிடும் ஒரு சிட்டுக்குருவி,
வவுச்சர் என்றும் லெட்ஜர் என்றும்
நாளெல்லாம் அல்லாடி
கணினியைப்பார்த்து கண் சிமிட்டல் மறந்து
செயற்கையாய் சிரித்து இயற்கையாய் அழுது
அணிந்திட்ட முகமூடி இருக்கமாய் அழுத்திட
நெஞ்சுக்குள் உள்ளுக்குள் எரிமலை புகைந்திட
வெந்து தணியாத அக்கினிக் குஞ்சாக
தொட்டால் சிணுங்கியாய் பட்டாம்பூச்சியாய்
மனிதரிடை மானுடத்தை தேடும் என் தோழியும்
அரசங்கன்றும், சிட்டுக்குருவியும் ஓரினம்

Last edited:
சித்திரத்தில் பெண் எழுதி...........

Everything in the holy city of Vrindavan is named after Lord Krishna. The temples are full of devotees and monkeys.And at every street corner,in every temple and outside every roadside eatery, frail women in white sarees stand and wait. They wait for someone to throw food or money at them, but they are not beggars and no one treats them as such. But begging of some sort is what the widows if Vrindavan-about 21,000 of them-do for a living.Old or younbg they are called "Ma". The older ones have similar stories to tell: widowed young,ill-treated by their husbands" families or their own, finally dumped in Vrindavan as a destitute. Today they live in temples and ashrams that dot the town. Or they are on the streets. They sing bhajans in temples and wait for food or money to be thrown at them. Some of the younger Mas have taken to prostitution.

The facts:

-- Abandoned by their families, about 21,000 widows live in and around
Vrindavan.
-- About one-third of them live in the open-on the roads, at the ghats, railway
station, and busstops. About 40% have no access to toilets.
-- Most of them earn between Rs. 200 and 1,000 a month. There is no financial
support from their families.
-- While 70% of the women have heard of the destitute widow's pension scheme,
only a quarter of them actually get it. About 58% of them have not applied for
a pension because they do not know about it. 82 % of them did not know how
to apply for the pension and to whom to approach or bribe for a pension.

(Source The Times of India.)

தற்காத்து தற்கொண்டார்பேணி தகை சான்ற
சொற்காத்து சோர்விலாள் பெண். -- திருக்குறள்

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back