• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Anyone interested in discussing case studies

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I sum up what has come out of the discussions so far?

Everyone finds his own level of happiness. The level of happiness varies in quality of happiness. This in turn depends on the logic we use in approaching any problem. Each has it pros and cons.

I think there should be further progress as more cases are discussed.

Is there a need to engage in productive money earning exercise to be happy.

If not why work for a living?

I find those who have not earned a penny in a lifetime and lived off others are happier than those who have slogged a life time to earn a few rupees.

Should we be happy beggars than unhappy wealthy people?

Is there a need to engage in productive money earning exercise to be happy.

If not why work for a living?

I find those who have not earned a penny in a lifetime and lived off others are happier than those who have slogged a life time to earn a few rupees.

Should we be happy beggars than unhappy wealthy people?

Dear Shri Krish,

Excellent topic. Why don't you start off the discussion?

I have many relatives who have managed a lifetime without working for a living.

They were in joint families where those who earned fed them.

After they got married and became nuclear families , their wives worked and fed them as they were traditional and felt it was their duty to look after their husbands .

Now the children of these fellows feed them as it is their duty .

They have been extremely happy with all the attention they have received in their life.

Moral of the story be dependant on others and be happy without a care.

Never work for a living and be burdened with care.

Thats the secret of happy life

i have many relatives who have managed a lifetime without working for a living.

They were in joint families where those who earned fed them.

After they got married and became nuclear families , their wives worked and fed them as they were traditional and felt it was their duty to look after their husbands .

Now the children of these fellows feed them as it is their duty .

They have been extremely happy with all the attention they have received in their life.

Moral of the story be dependant on others and be happy without a care.

Never work for a living and be burdened with care.

Thats the secret of happy life

omg!

Dear Shri Krish,

I understand why Smt.Renuka is surprised. Though in your posts you talk fondly about immorality. I got the impression of you as a very pragmatic and wise person. So I do not know how to interpret the post of yours. But I will take a piece of advice from that post which is: Never work for a living and be burdened with care. If you are intent on not to "work" and be "burdened" take up a mission, you will not feel the work or the burden. Now if you reread the sentence you will find a new inner meaning.

On a lighter note, I know at heart you are the wise person I believe you to be.

Last edited:
Sravnaji

Your suggestion not to feel the burden of work comes a bit late in life.

A decade after retirement to be more precise.

I am already on a mission to reeducate some in this forum about futility of engaging in paid work.

I do consider myself pragmatic if not wise.lol

Sravnaji

Your suggestion not to feel the burden of work comes a bit late in life.

A decade after retirement to be more precise.

I am already on a mission to reeducate some in this forum about futility of engaging in paid work.

I do consider myself pragmatic if not wise.lol

OOPS! Nothing was meant to be a suggestion for you.

Do you have any reason for considering paid work as a futile activity? It seems to contradict with the notion of pragmatism.

Paid work sravnaji does not pay much.

Same is the case with begging.

Best hope for all is going thru life throwing stones on random apples or juice laden fruits and wish for good returns for every stone thrown.

I intend writing my thesis on how to get rich doing nothing much.

Might become a best seller.

I will give you a copy free as you are the only person who is prepared to discuss case studies.

Based on my experience, I can assert that my doing well in life has nothing to do much with hard work.

They are just random events , happening to be at right places when goodies got distributed.

Got benefits of both controlled and free economies, quotas and people who rewarded me as I was totally dumb, meaning no harm and a safe bet to be trusted by all.

Thats what confirms my belief is that most can become really rich without doing anything much

Today I met a cockroach and was talking with it generally about life. Doing no work at all and yet live happily on others as a parasite lives its life is the best thing that can ever happen to a being on earth-I said this after reading this thread.

The cockroach said, " It may be okay to live like that with human beings but not in the cockroach universe". I asked why?
Cock roach friend said ,"I got fed up of all the hardwork I did for my family and the cockroach society and one day decided to do no more work. There were other cockroaches in the family to take care of me". I asked what happened then? Cockroach friend said "as I had nothing else to do I was chasing a cockroach girl up the wall and lost balance and fell down and turned turtle. Then I had to do a lot of kicking and fluttering to get back on my legs. And I almost died with fear when I was turtle and helpless. In my effort to get back on my legs I lost a lot of calories and no one was ready to feed me to get all those calories. So I am back at work. And I enjoy the work because it gives the pleasure and calories. When I go chasing food or when I go chasing a girl cockroach for mating, I get a thrill for which I will give anything. Lazybones never get that kind of thrill. As I fight other cockroaches and compete with them for food and mates I enjoy the adreneline rushing through my veins ( we too have adreneline like humans). And whenever I turn turtle I kick and flutter furiously because I have energy and hardened muscles thanks to all my struggles.

The cockroach set me on thinking. I too enjoy the thrill of living on the edge. I too enjoy the thrill of fighting and competing in life for rewards. Being a lazybone is not my cup of tea.

Dear Shri Krish,

As long as something works for you, nothing else matters does sound like pragmatism but seems to not give the control you need. So the danger seems to be you cannot count on the goodies to keep coming your way. I am not sure how many will buy your idea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Isvarah Sarvabhutanam hriddese tishthati"

Paid work sravnaji does not pay much.

Same is the case with begging.

Best hope for all is going thru life throwing stones on random apples or juice laden fruits and wish for good returns for every stone thrown.

I intend writing my thesis on how to get rich doing nothing much.

Might become a best seller.

I will give you a copy free as you are the only person who is prepared to discuss case studies.

Based on my experience, I can assert that my doing well in life has nothing to do much with hard work.

They are just random events , happening to be at right places when goodies got distributed.

Got benefits of both controlled and free economies, quotas and people who rewarded me as I was totally dumb, meaning no harm and a safe bet to be trusted by all.

Thats what confirms my belief is that most can become really rich without doing anything much

I think your thesis is already approved by PM ! When Published it will be a hit with this endorsement by PM

Inaction plans

The best thing the sarkar can do is to do nothing

Perhaps never has any Indian politician uttered a truer word than Prime Minister Narendra Modi when at the recent startup seminar in New Delhi he said: “If the government doesn’t do anything, so much will happen. We have done a lot for 70 years. Where have we reached? Please tell us what not to do. If we decide not to do anything, they (entrepreneurs) will take our place.”

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...3Q2Sg5coqKjsNPeaQ&sig2=VIfgL1v3Di8fbKvEwjGEJg

Dear Krish ji,

The fact is if one practices தெண்ட சோறுism sustenance of self is only possible if someone else is working.

So that itself shows that work is an essential part of life.

Even a tribal who does not have a paid job works morning to night..hunting,cultivating food to provide for himself,family and community...not to mention fighting other tribes to protect self/family/community.

Just imagine if everyone starts to practice தெண்ட சோறுism...how will anyone be able to even get a decent meal?

I think the next case discussion can be தெண்ட சோறுism.

Last edited:
Renukaji
Someone has brainwashed you into believing that hard work pays.

You have psyched yourself into a condition that you cannot stop working.

You cheat yourself quoting morality and religion to justify your stance.

Stop working.

Life still goes on even if one drops out.

Birds continue to chirp.

Dogs continue to bark and wag their tails.

Do they work for a living?

Birds are freer than human beings.

Graves are full of people who worked for a lifetime and got nowhere.

The world i dealing with surpluses of everything including food . Only it is not distributed properly.

India has 262 million tonnes of food grains.

Yet millions do not get fed inspite of working hard.

What is your case in favour of working other than morality ?

Get off the high horse and hang up,my great friend.

Join the ranks of indias unemployed.

We have lakhs of them.

Renukaji
Someone has brainwashed you into believing that hard work pays.

You have psyched yourself into a condition that you cannot stop working.

You cheat yourself quoting morality and religion to justify your stance.

Stop working.

Life still goes on even if one drops out.

Birds continue to chirp.

Dogs continue to bark and wag their tails.

Do they work for a living?

Birds are freer than human beings.

Graves are full of people who worked for a lifetime and got nowhere.

The world i dealing with surpluses of everything including food . Only it is not distributed properly.

India has 262 million tonnes of food grains.

Yet millions do not get fed inspite of working hard.

What is your case in favour of working other than morality ?

Get off the high horse and hang up,my great friend.

Join the ranks of indias unemployed.

We have lakhs of them.

Dear Krish ji,

LOL!

Birds and Dogs too work hard to live.

They go searching for food for survival.

There is nothing in this world that does not "work".

Even for us to be alive our organs have to keep "working".

Yes..we can surely survive without being employed provided we know how to cultivate our own food and know how to survive in the jungle..its possible but that too comes with hard work.

The reason I work is for sustenance of self and as responsibility for my family.

None of us would even have electricity at home if we did not have a job.

If we were to fall sick there would be no money even to pay our medical bills.

Surely I too like to spend more time being at home cos I love cooking and watching some crime series on TV.

For all that to even happen I need money..so I would need to work and earn.

How do you propose people lead lives without earning any money?

Not all of us aim to be super rich..most of us just want a comfortable life.

Too much or too little money is not advisable.

My concluding views on the case of Shri.Krish

The quality of life depends on the logic you use in your life. The question is do you prefer pleasure or mental happiness. The answer would be mental happiness without any qualification. Even during pleasure there is mental happiness. So there is nothing to choose here. You just have to realize the truth.

Dear Krish ji,

LOL!

Birds and Dogs too work hard to live.

They go searching for food for survival.

There is nothing in this world that does not "work".

Even for us to be alive our organs have to keep "working".

Yes..we can surely survive without being employed provided we know how to cultivate our own food and know how to survive in the jungle..its possible but that too comes with hard work.

The reason I work is for sustenance of self and as responsibility for my family.

None of us would even have electricity at home if we did not have a job.

If we were to fall sick there would be no money even to pay our medical bills.

Surely I too like to spend more time being at home cos I love cooking and watching some crime series on TV.

For all that to even happen I need money..so I would need to work and earn.

How do you propose people lead lives without earning any money?

Not all of us aim to be super rich..most of us just want a comfortable life.

Too much or too little money is not advisable.
You are fed with notions of work ethics -a concept promoted by western civilisation.

My contention is random interactions with the world at large is sufficient to make anyone wealthy enough to lead a fairly comfortable life.

The protections afforded by the state makes possible a comfortable life with state controlled economy .The subsidies and quotas take care of anyone.

In a market economy, random speculation with little or borrowed money can provide enough moolah for good living . For that one might sometimes even use their mental faculties if one does

not follow other speculaters .

I have always believed that world around us will automatically work and push the non workers to affluence aided by the state .

For that one has to learn only to trust all around and have immense faith that the system has no alternative except to make non workers affluent to remove its guilt feelings if

not out of sympathy for other humans.

This is the basis for welfare of beggars at the lowest scale of social spectrum. { you always hear how well off beggars are wtihout working}.

The Speculaters live on arbitrage oppurtunities due to shortages in economies and price distortions.

On larger canvas, they make big money.

A dozen such oppurtunities in one life time will make people millionaires.

Last edited:
A subtle point to note is that one who seeks pleasure actually seeks mental happiness. Consider this. If we take away his mental happiness but let him have the pleasure, will it be acceptable for him? But the reverse case of mental happiness without pleasure is quite a satisfactory one. This in my view settles the issue. So one should follow a recipe that tries to maximize happiness and not one that tries to maximize physical comforts.

I was giving a recipe for senior citizens with no real income to be happy with or without pleasure.

I was telling them that they need not work for a living for good life.

Oppurtunities exist for money making and multiplication without having to beg for comfortable living.

A free market economy provides multiplicity of oppurtunities for generating wealth through arbitrage with minimal finance and sometimes applying limited mental

faculties.

I would like to share my views on the quality of happiness that one can experience. The most basic and the lowest level of happiness is when your security of life is not threatened. Food, shelter and clothing gives you this. The next level of happiness happens when you start providing for yourself more than the above needs. This when you start reaching the normal standards of living. You not only feel secure about food, clothing and shelter but also comfortable. From this point onwards it seems that material aspect fail to conclusively increase the quality of happiness.

You can strive to increase the happiness by trying to be wealthier or popular. The happiness is created by the attention of other people towards you. This is a mixed case. It can increase the level of happiness or can decrease it because negative factors come into play. A more stable level of happiness is reached by intellectual accomplishments i.e., fame.

But when your mind develops to a stage where it considers helping others at par with attaining personal benefits, the quality of happiness changes in a real way. As this attitude keeps intensifying, the happiness keeps increasing. But the tragedy is, in reality we find very few of such people because of the state of affairs of our times.

To sum up I would say there are two distinct levels of happiness , one occurring by satisfaction of needs of self and the other when you go beyond them.

I can appreciate that material prosperity with intellectual accomplishments, more wealth or popularity can contribute to overall happiness.

But helping others or getting helped IMHO makes both equally unhappy.

Who would like to throw material resources to be dubbed a king of charity or be termed a beggar for being at the receiving end of help ?Both are equally undesirable

I can appreciate that material prosperity with intellectual accomplishments, more wealth or popularity can contribute to overall happiness.

But helping others or getting helped IMHO makes both equally unhappy.

Who would like to throw material resources to be dubbed a king of charity or be termed a beggar for being at the receiving end of help ?Both are equally undesirable

Dear Shri.Krish,

It comes by nature. There are people with natural inclinations to help others. What you are saying is more a personal attitude and cannot be generalized.

Here is a bender of a dilemma. Definitely not for dabblers!

Draupadi's dilemma in marrying all the pandavas after Arjuna won her.

Should she have done that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back