• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

An open letter from a Pakistani Muslim woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naina_Marbus

An open letter from a Pakistani Muslim woman to all those bleeding heart liberals who staunchly defend her people and religion in the name of secularism.

October 25, 2014

Can’t you see that we are being held back from joining (the) elite club known as the 21st century?

Noble liberals like yourself always stand up for the misrepresented Muslims and stand against the Islamophobes, which is great but who stands in my corner and for the others who feel oppressed by the religion? Every time we raise our voices, one of us is killed or threatened. I am a blogger and illustrator, no threat to anyone, Ben, except for those afraid of words and drawings. I want the freedom to express myself without the very real fear that I might be killed for it. Is that too much to ask?

In the interest of being politically correct and ‘liberal’, (you) silence the voices of millions ..Those of us who want reform are muted by extremists, as well as (by) the liberals who betray us in the name of multiculturalism.

Most Muslims choose to interpret scripture in a peaceful way, but that doesn’t mean the raw material isn’t there for those who choose the path of violence. That material must be addressed………… There is no denying that violence, misogyny and homophobia exist in all religious texts, but Islam is the only religion that is adhered to so literally, to this day.

If Muslims do not critique their own atrocities, then people on the outside will and their message will not be listened to simply because of who they are. It’s a vicious cycle, one that can only break if …….true reformers are empowered.

I ask you and anyone reading this to make an effort to seek out reformers from within our community, and support them in any way you can.

Sincerely,

Eiynah

An open letter to Ben Affleck | Pakistan Today

That request "to make an effort to seek out reformers from within our community, and support them in any way you can" needs to be heeded by our own newspapers like The Hindu.

French Muslim philosopher writes open letter to Muslims

[FONT=&quot]http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=27654.new[/FONT]

In an essay published October 3, 2014 in the French newspaper Marianne, Abdennour Bidar, philosopher and author of Self Islam, a personal history of Islam (Seuil, 2006); Islam without submission: a Muslim existentialism (Albin Michel, 2008), and History of humanism in the West (Armand Colin, 2014), wrote that believing Muslims cannot avoid a discussion of the causes of jihadi excesses by merely denouncing terrorist barbarism. He says that in the face of the dogmas and political manipulation to which it is being subjected, the Muslim world must be self-critical, and must act to reform itself.

Excerpts:

I am one of your estranged sons, who views you from without and from afar – from France, where so many of your children live today. I look at you with the harsh eyes of a philosopher, nourished from infancy on tasawwuf (Sufism) and Western thought. I look at you therefore, from my position of barzakh, from an isthmus between the two seas of the East and the West.

"And what do I see? What do I see better than others, no doubt precisely because I see you from afar, from a distance? I see you in a state of misery and suffering that saddens me infinitely, but that makes my philosopher's judgment even harsher. Because I see you in the process of birthing a monster that presumes to call itself the Islamic State, and which some prefer to call by a demon's name – Da'esh. But worst of all is that I see that you are losing yourself, losing your time and your honor, in your refusal to recognize that this monster is born of you, of your irresoluteness, of your contradictions, of your being torn between past and present, of your perpetual inability to find your place in human civilization.

what is happening to muslim community all over the world is sad.

a good religion preaching brotherhood of human race with billions of followers is in grip of extremism leading to violence and hardship to followers of the religion

one bright spot in the muslim world is turkey where a liberal kamal ataturk ushered in reforms , it emerged as a modern state with liberal values .

one can feel very comfortable staying there and practise own religion freely .

being on the tip of europe , it has opened out to the west and its influence in education and lifestyle can be felt.

muslims staying in western countries are at cross roads unable to choose between radical and liberal way of living.

their dilemma is also like that of hindus in US and europe.

both are unable to come to terms with their religeous beliefs and find their place in western countries with liberal values

An open letter from a Pakistani Muslim woman to all those bleeding heart liberals who staunchly defend her people and religion in the name of secularism.

October 25, 2014

Can’t you see that we are being held back from joining (the) elite club known as the 21st century?

Noble liberals like yourself always stand up for the misrepresented Muslims and stand against the Islamophobes, which is great but who stands in my corner and for the others who feel oppressed by the religion? Every time we raise our voices, one of us is killed or threatened. I am a blogger and illustrator, no threat to anyone, Ben, except for those afraid of words and drawings. I want the freedom to express myself without the very real fear that I might be killed for it. Is that too much to ask?

In the interest of being politically correct and ‘liberal’, (you) silence the voices of millions ..Those of us who want reform are muted by extremists, as well as (by) the liberals who betray us in the name of multiculturalism.

Most Muslims choose to interpret scripture in a peaceful way, but that doesn’t mean the raw material isn’t there for those who choose the path of violence. That material must be addressed………… There is no denying that violence, misogyny and homophobia exist in all religious texts, but Islam is the only religion that is adhered to so literally, to this day.

If Muslims do not critique their own atrocities, then people on the outside will and their message will not be listened to simply because of who they are. It’s a vicious cycle, one that can only break if …….true reformers are empowered.

I ask you and anyone reading this to make an effort to seek out reformers from within our community, and support them in any way you can.

Sincerely,

Eiynah

An open letter to Ben Affleck | Pakistan Today

Wow! Finally a true 'liberal Muslim' who can think of and acknowledge the pitfalls in the way it is practiced by many of her fellow Muslims on the path, in her own religion!

Coming to the first part, I recall the most recent (within an year or 2) punishment of Saudi women who wanted to drive the car and drove it to their marketplace! It is even said such women lost their ability to work outside as an outcome of driving the car! So imagine blogging! And what is really pathetic and scary is that, many Muslims are so thoughtless, heartless and fanatical, they think of punishing their own daugthers and relatives, inspite of them being victims, and stand support to such measures executed on them!

This Muslim woman really needs to be commended! Because she proceeds to acknowledging that there is raw material in the Quran for those who choose the violent and fanatical path! And that practitioners of Islam are the only adherents to such misguidance!

I truly applaud this woman! Long live the brave heart!

Krish Ji,

I really appreciate your concern and worry about what is happening around the world.

Do you have any idea about what is happening in Tamil Nadu?

Just go through the link.

Hindu Munnani leader murder case: Key suspect arrested - The Times of India
I have read with dismay what is happening to tamils of forward community in tamilnadu.

suddenly the communal temperature is raising in the country after the change of govt.

it is not for anyones good.

when people die , it spoils the amity between religions and leads to a backlash .

who loses ?
it is only the poor of both communities .

Indian forward castes are already marginalised and are keeping themselves afloat thru better education and jobs in private sector.

if they are furher subjected to violence , thy may to migrate to otherstates in india.

not a pleasant prospect

at least in delhi with good record of communal amity thats the case

[h=1]Now you seem to conveniently shift the issue from Tamil Nadu to Delhi.[/h]Okay.

Do you have any idea about the communal riot that took place at Delhi during 1984 killing thousands of people? What is your answer for this?

After going through all the ordeals, it is surprising that this woman states: ”I don't believe that the Muslim religion condones any sort of violence; Islam literally means 'peace'… “. With a mother hiring a hitman to kill her, she should have realized that it has changed to a religion of piece...of body parts that have been hacked or blown off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back