• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ammavasya tarpanam - when should I start

Namaste Gopalganj. Same case is mine like Hari gopal_44. My father passed away July 2020. IMPORTANT : we are bhodayana . Some priests says tarpanam after abdigam I.e. 1 year. Some say like you immediate same year itself. My doubts

1. are there are scriptural references like garud Puran or grihya sutras. Or
2, what is the logic.
3. Can you please give contac details of any expert in bhodayana in this regard

reason for doing next year as per some priests is since we are already doing unam masikam for 12 months any which ways we are feeding and quenching thirst of pitrus In this year. Moreover since father is still travelling in pretaRupam and not yet reached yamlok and then by abdigam finally resides in pitrulok. Therefore its not necessary relevant for regular tarpanam 1st year as it becomes double feeding resulting in overfeeding pitrus.
Om

Now you are not feeding to your grand grand father and grand father and grand mother, grand grand mother and also to your mother"s side parents, grand parents, and grand grand parents. and also to your known and unknown pitrus of your family.

pitru devas are there . Their work is to protect them there with sufficient food and shelter. onam,masikam food will never go to your grand parents group. one year for us is one day for devas and pitrus. every two hours according to pitru loka , you are giving water as tharpanam.

vaithinaatha theekshathiiyam aahnika kaaNtam 20 says sapinteekaraadhurrthvam amaa sangkramanaathiishu puthras thilothakam dhathyaath kshaethra piNtaan thaascharaeth. enRa vaakkiyapati you may start amavasya tharpanam from the next amavasya after12th day sapindeekaram.

ஸபிண்டீகரணாதூர்த்வம் அமா ஸங்க்ரமானாதிசு புத்ரஸ் திலோதகம் தத்யாத்
க்ஷேத்ரபிண்டான் ததா சரேத். வைத்தினாத தீக்ஷிதீயம் ஆஹ்னீக கான்டம் 20.

Namo Namah...
much obliged for your response. Further clarifications required. Please assume e to be a zero insofar as these matters are concerned.

1. what is “ vaithinaatha theekshathiiyam aahnika “

also roughly trying to translate please correct me “....sapinteekaraadhurrthvam (After saps did) ...amaa sangkramanaathiishu ( meaning ?). puthras (pitru query but which pitru guess it’s father in travel mode) .... thilothakam ( sesame seeds) ...dhathyaath kshaethra piNtaan thaascharaeth. enRa vaakkiyapati ( meaning ?)

2, at what point in time father’s preta Rupam occupies Vasu’s seat i.e. at what point when in time does existing Aditya vacate his position giving way for existing Rudra to elevate to Aditya & simultaneously elevate existing Vastu to Rudra thereby enabling a vacant seat for father’s preta to occupy empty seat seat ...

3. relation ofbrahmayagyam to tarpanam .?. as am not offering till to pitru in brahmyagym

Om

vaithinaatha deekshideeyam is the scriptural reference for all pitru karmas. taken from from vedas by experts .
on 12th day itself the your father got the pitru as vasu swaroopam.
the great maharishis like aapasthambar, bhodaayanar, aashvalayanar, drahyayanar have without self interest, prescribed under the name Apara suthram the various rituals and the basis on which these rituals are based to enable soul of the deceased to attain a good status.

Brahma yagyam must be done daily after madhyanikam after upanayanam is over until death. no till is required for brahmayagyam. you are doing brahmayagyam to the devas, rishis and to the care takers of pithrus.
pithrus means parents, forefsathers who have lived with us in this world as part of our family and who have paased away during the course of time. pithrus are gender neutral.

sastras say that when an individual dies, the jeevan in his body leaves it, to enter into another body. The same is stated by Lord krishna in bhagwad geetha.

An individual changes his/her clothes after a while, in a similar fashion the jeevan too discards the current body.when it becomes old and sick.and enters into another body.
The jeevan from the dead body does not posses enough energy to travel to pitruloka on its own.
Hence to enable it to go to pitru loka Aparakarmas have to be done with utmost sincerity.
Garuda puranam and Upanishads indicate that there is no birth or death to the jeevan. This pitru loka is also called as yamalokam.

The jeevan spends its time in the pitru loka based on its merits accumulated in its earlier births.
When the jeevan enters the court of yama dharma raja the jeevan is questioned in front of yamadharmaraja and in the presence of twelve jurors and Chithragupthan as witnesses

There are 12 witnesses in dharmaraja sabha for the good and bad deeds performed by an individual in that world.

What are the good merits and bad merits done . When, how many times. What were the effects of these deeds. . Should the jeevan reside in swaga or in hell. Where the jeevan should born again. What type of birth.

The results of the good and bad deeds are analyzed and accordingly the jeevan is sent to other worlds to experience these results or to another body.
Our human body is called pancha boutigam. .It has been created out of the 5 elements earth, empty space or ether or aakaash, water, fire and air.
These five elements are always present in the human body. The same five elements are there in devas, gandharva, rakshasha, four legged animals, creepers, trees, birds, fish, serpants etc. but the proportion of these elements varies.
The proportion of earth element is high in human body. This immortal soul, or atman or jeevan which is the source and support for all the pranas, mind,intellect, senses, and the body abides in the chamber”s of one”s heart.

As this body has been cremated , a new body has to be created and through that structure the jeevan has to be sent to paraloka. The body structure is required for the jeevan to experience various emotions like happiness grief etc.

our sastras and maharishis through their medidative and yogic powers have elaborated methods on how to create a new body structure for the jeevan to use after its death.

The symbolic body structure is created thru mantras, offerings of pindams, and bali done as part of the daily samskaras. While making these offerings the Gothra of the deceased has to be mentioned.
Thru the nithya vidhi karma and the pinda offerings made every day the jeevan gets head on the first day.
2nd day eyes, ears, and nose; third day hands, breast and neck. 4th day navel and stomach.

5th day thighs, 6th day skin; 7th day nervous system, 8th day bodily hairs, 9th day energy.
On the tenth day the jeevan gets urge for food and happiness . This is stated by Rushya sringa maharishi.
The main purposes of all these karmas are to assist the jeevan to reach the paraloka with ease.
When some one dies , the karma done on 11th day for the good of the deceased is vrishabhothsarjanam. Based on the cremation day as the first day. And not by treating the death day as the first day.
On the 11th day it will be treated as preatha swaroopam and first masikam must be done on 11th day.
On 12th day during sapindeekaranam the dead person is mingling with your pithrus.
From 12th day itself he /she is attaining pithru swaroopam,as vasu swaroopam, And the aadhithya swaroopa of your father”s grand father will be given curd rice, in a new towel and he is going from aadithya swaroopam.

namo Namah shri K Gopalanji..with great difficulty I managed to get a soft copy of the book you mention vaithinaatha deekshideeyam...kandam aahinika talks of vastrams prohibited...am attaching screenshot of aahnika Kadam 20 ..can I speak to you .. or if you prefer you could call me9323126080..thanks....Om

.Quick open question to all," Should one anoint oneself with Ash (Vibhuti) before performing the Amavasya Tharpanam?

namo Namah shri K Gopalanji..with great difficulty I managed to get a soft copy of the book you mention vaithinaatha deekshideeyam...kandam aahinika talks of vastrams prohibited...am attaching screenshot of aahnika Kadam 20 ..can I speak to you .. or if you prefer you could call me9323126080..thanks....Om

Om Namah Shivaya.
My Father passed away on 21st December '2020 in Mumbai. The last rites,and the rituals upto 12th day and subhaswekarnam on 13th day were performed properly.SInce people are fearing about the pandemic and getting of vadiyars were not possible,we were told by some vadiyars that we can perform the masikams on the six months and unam masikams should be performed as per the dates . some people say that masikams should be completed every month .please give your thoughts
shivaraman

.Quick open question to all," Should one anoint oneself with Ash (Vibhuti) before performing the Amavasya Tharpanam?
I heard from an elderly person in my family the tharppana cycle is like this:
1) (take bath) Pratha sandhyavandhanam
2) (Take bath) madhyanikam
3) Snaanam+madi veshtti
4) tharppanam

As such, the viboodhi from Madhyanikam will be gone by #3 and hence no viboothi. No need to wipe it off voluntarily after maadhyanikam

Namaskaram,

Can you kindly share the soft copy of the “Vaithinaatha deekshideeyam” to help me get clarity.

can you please share me the soft copy. I am interested to study that book. Even if you tell me where can get hard copy I will be much obliged

sir, I am not having that book. you please contact krishna murthy ganapadigal son of nannila rajagopala ganapadikal publisher vaitheeka sri monthly magazine . k.gopalan.

Latest ads

Back