• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Birth Time - Rahu kalam - ammavasya - Astrology related

Venky98

Hi all , I am Venkatesh Prasad , i am madhwa , born brought up singara chennai

I have good interest in astrology , im currently learning about it.

This question is very specific about ammavasya and rahu kalam.

Does a child born on ammavasya or rahu kalam or both , does that child going to lead miserable life? Or is it just a saying.

Matter of fact i was born on both ammavasya + rahu kalam , but i have lived a very happy life so far.

Astrology experts in the forum please explain , how ammavasya and rahu kalam really impact us.

Here is a study on Astrology tells that 4.5% people are narcissist (another study) also believe in astrology. This is not an attack on nay member of this forum, rather just sharing and ask each one to sincerely evaluate their personality.

People who believe in horoscopes tend to be more narcissistic and less INTELLIGENT, study finds
  • Lund University experts assessed the personalities and beliefs of 264 people
  • Belief in astrology was also linked to the traits of agreeableness and extroversion
  • Narcissists, the team said, may believe in astrology due to being 'fact-resistant'
  • They may also find horoscopes' positive framing appealing to their grandiosity

THE BIG FIVE PERSONALITY TRAITS​

The 'Big Five' personality traits are openness, conscientiousness, extroversion, agreeableness and neuroticism.

This personality framework theory uses these descriptors to outline the broad dimensions of people's personality and psyche.

Beneath each category is a number of isolated and correlated factors.

So please take astrology with a pinch of salt. I studied it but could not find any statistically significance support for it. But it is fun to read the column and even in COVID times it says you will meet every one, travel, will get job etc.

It is alleged that those who are born on Amavasya (will kill their father- amaavasaiyil piranthavan appanai thinpaan); will be very intelligent ( amavasaya prevents moon's visibility ..) ; also your lagna, Nakshatra etc., will determine your happiness? Who was the Lord of your Rasi? Lagna, navamsa... so they always will find some web to answer your question. But they will also say, you still are alive and will face the tune one day.

The only thing I found to be true even in Palmistry is, if the right hand thumb is short and chubby, in general, there is a 90% probability the person will be a murderer. Dr. Wolfendon (UK) had studied this. I went to a few jail and with persuasion tested this hypothesis and found to be true. There may be a genetic or hormonal or Psychological reason which is not known.

So, Venkatesh whom are you challenging. None came to you and said these things. You might have read articles/bonks and want some unknown person to answer your question. I am not blaming him, rather ask, why don't you take a random sample of members of this forum (if they are willing to help you) born on the day of Amavasya etc., and present the empirical results. Just posing a question and expect people will answer you is a false expectation. But I had answered because I have done what I had suggested to you and did not find statistical support for these observations. We are having fun here and not solving any problem of our community.

Combination Amavasya and Rahu kalam alone does not necessarily make one's life miserable. It depends on other factors as far as I know. Most of the sayings like Ayilyam Maamiyaarukku aagaathu Moolathin maamiyaar moolaiyile, amavasaiyil piranthavan appanai thinban are basically not 100% true. If you read Sepharial book on Kabalah of Numbers it says most of the rules of astrology are created by chance events. In fact we are trying to make astrology a science by fitting a new logic ( or combination of planets) on existing system. However the logic so derived are not universal as For every rule in astrology there are exceptions to the rule. which are seldom looked in to. Back in 90's had read few works and there are exceptions to the rule. Like Moolam star only few degree points are supposed to be bad not all 13 deg 20 min. Similar is the case with other stars as well. Btw I am a Scientist by profession but read many books and tried to learn from experts out of interest. I would go with the opinion of taking astrological predictions with a pinch of salt as most of the astrologers on the social media do not work with real interest but using it for commercial gains

Ayilyam Maamiyaarukku aagaathu Moolathin maamiyaar moolaiyile
Few more
Pooraadam nooladathu, kettai jeshtanukku aagathu and even good sayings like magathu nangai jagathil illai, avittam thavittu paanaiyellaam pon, barani dharani aalum.

I feel all these are written as rhymic or edhugai monai in tamil and has no significance in reality. It is actually based in birth time and planets in the places at that time only

Hi all , I am Venkatesh Prasad , i am madhwa , born brought up singara chennai

I have good interest in astrology , im currently learning about it.

This question is very specific about ammavasya and rahu kalam.

Does a child born on ammavasya or rahu kalam or both , does that child going to lead miserable life? Or is it just a saying.

Matter of fact i was born on both ammavasya + rahu kalam , but i have lived a very happy life so far.

Astrology experts in the forum please explain , how ammavasya and rahu kalam really impact us.
It is alleged that those who are born on Amavasya (will kill their father- amaavasaiyil piranthavan appanai thinpaan); will be very intelligent ( amavasaya prevents moon's visibility ..) ; also your lagna, Nakshatra etc., will determine your happiness? Who was the Lord of your Rasi? Lagna, navamsa... so they always will find some web to answer your question. But they will also say, you still are alive and will face the tune one day.
The only thing I found to be true even in Palmistry is, if the right hnd thumb is hsort and chubby, in genral, there is a 90% probability the person will be a murderer. Dr. Wolfendon had studied this. I went to a few jail and with persuation tested this hypothesis and found to be true. Ther emay be a genetic or hormonal or Psychological reason which is not known. So, Venkatesh whom are you challenging. None came to you and
Combination Amavasya and Rahu kalam alone does not necessarily make one's life miserable. It depends on other factors as far as I know. Most of the sayings like Ayilyam Maamiyaarukku aagaathu Moolathin maamiyaar moolaiyile, amavasaiyil piranthavan appanai thinban are basically not 100% true. If you read Sepharial book on Kabalah of Numbers it says most of the rules of astrology are created by chance events. In fact we are trying to make astrology a science by fitting a new logic ( or combination of planets) on existing system. However the logic so derived are not universal as For every rule in astrology there are exceptions to the rule. which are seldom looked in to. Back in 90's had read few works and there are exceptions to the rule. Like Moolam star only few degree points are supposed to be bad not all 13 deg 20 min. Similar is the case with other stars as well. Btw I am a Scientist by profession but read many books and tried to learn from experts out of interest. I would go with the opinion of taking astrological predictions with a pinch of salt as most of the astrologers on the social media do not work with real interest but using it for commercial gains
That was my point and thanks for elaborating the news. When some one in authority says some thing that thing becomes a rule. I was in high school and we went to watch a movie in cycles to about 10 miles away from our place 2nd show . On our return we saw something was burning on a cactus type plane. Every one said oh, that is Kollivai pichasu.

I told them that we were also told that if you have iron in your hand, it would not hurt you. I am hungry and I am biking. if I die tell my mother the details. After I went about 300 years or so, I saw body burning. What has happened is the Vettiyan forgot to put a stone on the body and when the nerves started tension due to fire, it became taught and through the body upward like a projectile and it was burning. I told them what I saw and we went home. Till now nothing has happened. Sudden gas (methane) leaks in some places on the ground catch fire and some sadhu or guy might have assumed it was a Kollivai pichasu. In Ashebaijan such continuous fires are recorded. There are phenomenon not explained by science and one has to be cautious about them. Astrology originally was created to study the planets, the number of days in a year etc., by Ara Bhatta et al around 460 AD. We do find coincident and some astronomers who read these panchangams might have added all these statistically insignificant rumors. When I read prediction for fun, I notice that “you will meet with your family and friends “ even when COVID has prevented such meeting. Some canned predictions are recycled. But for fun, one can read. Astrology is not evidence based randomly collected unbiased sample data. Chiitrai appan teruvile might be in that month, the father will sleep outside to get fresh air and avoid sultry and not the child born in Chitra star will kill him. :)=

Few more
Pooraadam nooladathu, kettai jeshtanukku aagathu and even good sayings like magathu nangai jagathil illai, avittam thavittu paanaiyellaam pon, barani dharani aalum.

I feel all these are written as rhymic or edhugai monai in tamil and has no significance in reality. It is actually based in birth time and planets in the places at that time only
That is how in olden days people had fun and ruined the life of many unfortunate ones. Look at that girl, who will marry her with her Moolam star. Brahman community is cruel on one side and behave as the only devotee of GODS. This was common in villages. Since verification of suhc idotic statements were impossible with mostly uneducated society, all these nonsense has become as a rule as though GOD by nature is a punishing entity. But we can see the same foolishness in other part of the world such as, 13th floor is not auspicious and I am told in the USA there 13th floor will be 14th and so on. However, we are judging the old ways with out new knowledge but were not there to protect innocent people.

Latest ads

Back