• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Amazon announces a new Paperwhite: Sharper Screen, better fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon announces a new Paperwhite: Sharper Screen, better fonts

June 17, 2015 Kishore Ganesh Leave a comment

About these ads
paperwhite-640x640.jpg

Some time ago, Amazon unveiled its most premium eReader yet, the Kindle Voyage, with the best screen in the Kindle’s lineup and a few other nifty features.

Those not wanting to buy the Voyage had to settle for the Paperwhite, which has a less sharper screen. No longer, since Amazon has announced a new Paperwhite, and it packed in a 300ppi screen, similar in sharpness to the Voyage. In some aspects, the Paperwhite Screen still isn’t as good as the Voyage, but it is pretty close.

It also runs Amazon’s latest update, with an all new font family designed from the ground up for Kindles. It is sharper, and there’s no more aggressive justification and irregular sentences. Hyphenation is in.

Overall, the new fonts look much better than before. The Voyage has page-turning brightness, a slightly better screen and auto-brightness, but it is not worth the price.

The Paperwhite, however, stays at the same $119 price point with a $139 option available if you don’t like ads.

It will launch on June 30.

What do you think? Is there any reason to buy the Voyage?

http://techgeekforever.com/2015/06/17/amazon-announces-a-new-paperwhite-sharper-screen-better-fonts/

kindle is the best gadget for strain free reading of text material. I paid more for my kindle3 than the present one and it is still healthy. I will definitely buy kindle voyage if the present one stops working. Now most of the downloadable books are available in kindle format, and conversion utilities are a big help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back