• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Amavasya tarpanam - Names clarification

Please inform whether you are Rig or Yajur or Sama Vedi, so that I can send you tharpana manthram write up which will clarify your doubts also.

Normally Tharpanam used to start on an important Amavasya after aapthigam. It is not necessary to start on next Amavasya after 1 year. It is started on a important tharpanam day like aadi amavasai, thai amavasai and it is done on the banks of a holy river.

sir, you have to tell pithuhu pithaamahi and pithuhu prapithamahi = their names. for mother side mathuhu mathaamahi amd mathuhu pithamahi and mathuhu prapithamahi. their names. As per aapasthampa suthram of yajur vedam you have to start amavasai tharpanam from next month amavasya onwards.

sir, I think you have to add after the last word onwards "after first Aaptigam. As per the thread of Prasanna above, his father passed away in June 2021. Normally, the pithru tharpanam should start after the first Varusha Aapthigam. If an eclipse comes within the first year , the tharpanam should commence from eclipse onwards. This is the opinion of my Vaadhyar. Please clarify.

sir, you have to tell pithuhu pithaamahi and pithuhu prapithamahi = their names. for mother side mathuhu mathaamahi amd mathuhu pithamahi and mathuhu prapithamahi. their names. As per aapasthampa suthram of yajur vedam you have to start amavasai tharpanam from next month amavasya onwards.
He says his pithamahi, matha and mathamahi are alive. Then why mention them?

Matha, pithamahi & mathamahi are alive. So, on the pitha side prapithamahi, pithuhprapithamahi and vruddha pithuhprapithamahi and on the matha side mathuhpithamahi, mathuhprapithamahi and mathuh pithuhprapithamahi May be appropriate. To be confirmed by your family sastrigal.

Latest ads

Back