• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Agraharam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you missed the news item; this year karnataka high court permitted mada snana to be conducted as per the original tradition, eventhough temple authorities and udupi pejawar swamy had agreed to allow rolling only untouched/uneaten prasad spread on new leaves. The court has permitted the practice for this year because the adivasis and regular visitors wanted their freedom to be respected. will be reviewed again next year.

That looks a little extreme! This is perhaps how brahmins very easily become hated. Suppose the nonbram files a complaint?

That looks a little extreme! This is perhaps how brahmins very easily become hated. Suppose the nonbram files a complaint?

hi

in senior resorts are having law and guidelines....first we have to sign a lengthy papers....i did 2 months for my mom...

so no complaints can be filed....

hi

mostly palakkad agraharams are vadamas....some exceptions too...like chembai agraharam chozhiyas....some are brehaxharams too...

very segregated in ealier years....now stories are different....mainly many agraharams are THAYADHIS.....with gopi chandanam....

the famous chembai vaidyanatha bhagavathar was chozhiya...

My question is about Vaidyanathapuram. Was it exclusive Vadama Agraharam?

Nurani is a Brahacharanam agrarharam. Some very popular musicians are from Brahacharanam Sect - T N Krishnan, M S Gopalakrishnan, Palghat Raghu, T V Gopalakrishnan.

This resort is meant ONLY for brahmins, Sir and the four friends could not have lunch in that mess.

So, they went to a nice restaurant.

That means they were not stopped at the gate and asked to show id proof! So the evolved souls who claim that they do not wear will also be denied entry.
To avoid embarrassment, the resident did not invite them to see his villa. :decision:

My question is about Vaidyanathapuram. Was it exclusive Vadama Agraharam?

Nurani is a Brahacharanam agrarharam. Some very popular musicians are from Brahacharanam Sect - T N Krishnan, M S Gopalakrishnan, Palghat Raghu, T V Gopalakrishnan.
hi

there are more than 98 agraharams in and around palakkad...i dont know much abt vaidyanathapuram....

is there any objection to setting up special enclaves for kashmiri pundits and special colonies for retired army personnel in border areas for justice to pundits and security of nation?

already shia muslims in kashmir are having problem with sunni muslims.

hi

there are more than 98 agraharams in and around palakkad...i dont know much abt vaidyanathapuram....

It is said the Smarthas from Vaitheeswaran Koil, when settled in Palghat, name their area as Vaidhyanathapuram.

It is sad that with migration of brahmins to metros and abroad , agraharams are slowly vanishing and a way of life has changed for brahmins.

now resurrections with some changes to suit modern living in form of exclusive resorts and even small settlements in in andhra or karnataka may be feeble attempts to

restore some of the lifestyle which brahmins cherished and had to give up to earn their livelihood elsewhere.

Most have nostalgic memories of their earlylife in these agraharams and some wish they could get back that.

It is wiser to come to terms to modern living and try not to bring back the past however wonderful it was.

I know many brahmins outside tamilnadu who would like to return to their roots .

For most it is a dream . for many who return , there is often disappointment that even the old agraharams and neibourhoods have changed beyond imagination and

some realise they have also changed so much that they cannot accept the old lifestyle

There is no change for change. It is a continuous process.

The present environment is more conducive to have Agraharams of our choice. The basic requirement is few hundreds Smartha families join together, approach a good builder, provide him the plan for building as well as the type Agraharam within the available space. In the Agraharam setting you can have a Shiva temple at the centre, an artificial small pond or falls around it. Even a professional can be engaged to give good suggestion.

We can have an Agraharam of our choice at present. If there is a will, there is a way.

then it is a non-event and so no need to waste bites here.
Bite? No one bites here! :lol:

And... I don't think it is waste of bytes!

The posts are to mention that senior resorts exclusively for brahmins DO exist NOW!
icon3.png

This is Bhaskararajapuram Agraharam, Thanjavur Dt. Please google for more details.

I got some detailed information about that 'bhaskararajapuram' Agraharam from another forum in which also I am a member.
I FURNISH BELOW THE DETAILS AS IT IS:

Sri:
The above image is of "Bhaskararajapuram" as details given below:

Bhaskararajapuram is a village in the Thiruvidaimarudur taluk of the Thanjavur district of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is named after the 18th century Hindu saint Bhaskara Raya who is believed to have attained samadhi at this place and is separated from the neighbouring town of Thiruvalangadu by the Cauvery River and the Vikraman River.

The Akshara Matruka Maha Mantapam was inmaugurated by K. Mohan Guruji, Life Trustee and president of Pujyasri Bhaskaracharya Memorial Foundation, on August 2, 2009.

There is no change for change. It is a continuous process.

The present environment is more conducive to have Agraharams of our choice. The basic requirement is few hundreds Smartha families join together, approach a good builder, provide him the plan for building as well as the type Agraharam within the available space. In the Agraharam setting you can have a Shiva temple at the centre, an artificial small pond or falls around it. Even a professional can be engaged to give good suggestion.

We can have an Agraharam of our choice at present. If there is a will, there is a way.

In the Agraharam setting you want to have only a siva temple and not a vishnu temple. A very good idea.:peace:

Coimbatore has a number of retirement Communities which are floated by Brahmins and are Brahmin oriented. Some of them do not accept non_ Brahmins.

Whether these Brahmin oriented communities have served any purpose is a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back