• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Advaita revisited

Some misconceptions about maya. Maya's job is not creating ignorance. Its job is to blind you temporarily so that you are able to see the truth in the long run. That is also one of the reasons why maya has no relevance at the level of nirguna brahman reality. One can aptly say that maya is a spiritual force in that its methods are punitive but the goal very noble.

Only with respect to our reality the two entities of maya and saguna brahman exist. The ultimate reality is only nirguna brahman and has no second. Reality at that level is one and is only pure consciousness experiencing perfect bliss.

Maya and saguna brahman can be explained as playing out a law of the ultimate reality that only one reality is the ultimate truth. Remember if thoughts are powerful, nirguna brahman is beyond thoughts and omnipotent. Things happen without the brahman thinking. So one can say it is the thoughtless intention of nirguna brahman that results in the existence of saguna brahman and maya

Why should our reality be played out in converse methods ? May be because that what made the experience of nirguna brahman complete by covering the whole spectrum of thinking from the most negative to the most positive and resulting in perfect balance or nirguna.

We can say that the unified highest experience is the experience of nirguna brahman and the rest being projected as lower level realities.

The lower realities existing with synergy when synchronized there being a unified higher reality solves the problem of higher and lower level realities existing together.

For a soul the experience in the lower reality is transient because it constantly learns and evolves and moves up and finally merges with the highest reality.

The reality of nirguna brahman is still. Then comes the reality of saguna brahman and maya which create the dynamic lower reality of the universe all of which finally merge with the highest reality of nirguna brahman. So from the point of view of timeless reality of nirguna brahman the lower realities do not exist separately. they form the unified experience of nirguna brahman.

Its not as easy as you think it is.
Drag in maya matrix and the Idli starts to have an identity crisis.

Idli starts to think "Who am I?" KaH Aham?
Am I urad dhal or am I rice?

Why did the dualistic thought get into the mind of idli?
Then it sinks further in the ocean of Sambar(a) {Samsara)...unable to get beyond maya matrix.

It get's soggy and looses its true fluffy identity.
Then idli totally gives up and surrenders!
He calls out to God and God tells it "I have always been next to you as a livesaver..round with a hole in the middle for you to hold on and not drown..I am the Medu Vada which you failed to see"

Idli finally goes beyond duality..it is no more urad dhal or rice.
It finally realizes that there is only Idli and Vada made for each other.
It is not be as complicated as you may say LOL

Idlis in Sambar (maya) are comparing with each other. That is a bigger and fluffier Idli etc. They are immersed in sambar. Now totality of all Idli is God. Total of Idli can absorb all the sambar, so each Idli is praying to totality of all Idli

Then realization sets in - No vada - etc. That small and big idli does not matter. They are all Idli material only. Realization sets in and that is liberation. In that part what you have written I can relate to.

I will propose a more refined understanding of maya. Maya as many know operates so that one learns and evolves. Taking it to the extreme, the strongest maya helps one learn instantly, totally and permanently. In other words it makes one omnipotent and omniscient. Maya then becomes one within the omnipotence. I think now we can understand how maya can be explained in the context of nirguna brahman without contradiction.

This kind of topic gets revisited and the usual participants say the same thing only to come back again. It is like birth-death-birth cycle.(#23)
This is different by Meena & looks true

Very correct question in that poem.
If Atma is same then why all these divisions. Some of the super religious people in all religions are the biggest hypocrites I have come across. Even here, there are LGBTQ haters talking about Brahman, Nirguna and Saguna, god and all kinds of word soups. One fellow eagersly wants to tell everyone his pet beliefs and that he is the advocate for 'his God' LOL This forum provides humor in the least expected threads LOL

I will propose a more refined understanding of maya. Maya as many know operates so that one learns and evolves. Taking it to the extreme, the strongest maya helps one learn instantly, totally and permanently. In other words it makes one omnipotent and omniscient. Maya then becomes one within the omnipotence. I think now we can understand how maya can be explained in the context of nirguna brahman without contradiction.
If Maya is another word for your imagined spirituality and power - please NO. Spare some of us, please

a-TB,
For you everything of others which you do not want to accept, is imagined. But you will also learn . That is maya for you

If Maya is another word for your imagined spirituality and power - please NO. Spare some of us, please
Is everything Maya ? Deavadoss!
The water scarcity is a Maya created by opposition according to Minister Velumani. if Maya is another name for someone's spiritual power - he can solve the problem - which has failed time and again like Ramar mooligai petrol! Maya stuck men have no clear vision They cannot see truth - have many levels of illusion lower higher and updating every day ! Revisit on daily basis to come with a refined understanding - back to square 1

Sravna,..check this out.
I am sure you can relate to this...its Advaita Revisited too.
Really well explained by Dr. Joseph Lumbard.

Latest ads

Back